wow, they rage quit to a simple anti-search trap card

Here you can discuss just about whatever you want
CrystalMusic
Mood:

wow, they rage quit to a simple anti-search trap card

Post #1 by CrystalMusic » Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:47 am

https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=200963-15548677

id like to know how the hell they consider this effect not fair or balanced: Cannot be destroyed while you control a monster. While this card is face-up on the field your opponent cannot add cards from their deck to their hand except during their inital draw during their draw phase.
“Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

yumafan30

Post #2 by yumafan30 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:31 am

CrystalMusic wrote:https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=200963-15548677

id like to know how the hell they consider this effect not fair or balanced: Cannot be destroyed while you control a monster. While this card is face-up on the field your opponent cannot add cards from their deck to their hand except during their inital draw during their draw phase.

Well... This seems just a powered-up version of Mistake, restricting just your opponent from searching AND drawing cards aside from the draw of the Draw Phase. Floodgate cards with built-in protection are rare, if any, and usually features drawbacks or conditions to balance it out. Your card features none of those and it's one-sided.

If you want to know how they consider that not fair or balanced is from comparison with existing cards from the TCG/OCG.

LightCaster
Mood:

Post #3 by LightCaster » Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:15 am

yumafan30 wrote:

Well... This seems just a powered-up version of Mistake, restricting just your opponent from searching AND drawing cards aside from the draw of the Draw Phase. Floodgate cards with built-in protection are rare, if any, and usually features drawbacks or conditions to balance it out. Your card features none of those and it's one-sided.

If you want to know how they consider that not fair or balanced is from comparison with existing cards from the TCG/OCG.

He doesn't care about balance. He cares about winning his way and that's it. Not balance. Not PSCT. Not anything. If he isn't belittling people over the forums over not being able to beat his visibly broken cards. He's bitching on youtube about how no one takes him seriously. There is no reasoning with him. There is no reporting him. There is only watching and wondering how so much ego can fit in his head.

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #4 by CrystalMusic » Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:02 pm

LightCaster wrote:
yumafan30 wrote:

He doesn't care about balance. He cares about winning his way and that's it. Not balance. Not PSCT. Not anything. If he isn't belittling people over the forums over not being able to beat his visibly broken cards. He's bitching on youtube about how no one takes him seriously. There is no reasoning with him. There is no reporting him. There is only watching and wondering how so much ego can fit in his head.

1: i dont use drawbacks on cards with very simple effects
2: i dont use conditions on much of anything unless its a summon condition
3: ok its one sided? tell that to half of the "Ghost Girl" cards like Ash, Reaper and Ogre which nearly everyone runs these days because they have a wider range of effects that work like Effect Veiler (who is still used today) also tell that to MST, and Twin Twisters (with the acception twin twisters requires a discard) or how about the infamous FREE monster board wipe: Raigeki. so dont be complaining about "One sided" effects when konami makes cards that are one-sided as well.
4: dont you dare say my cards are broken when konami has made cards like this broken OP P.O.S: Mystic Mine
“Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

Debt

Post #5 by Debt » Tue Feb 18, 2020 4:56 pm

CrystalMusic wrote:1: i dont use drawbacks on cards with very simple effects
3: ok its one sided? tell that to half of the "Ghost Girl" cards like Ash, Reaper and Ogre which nearly everyone runs these days because they have a wider range of effects that work like Effect Veiler (who is still used today) also tell that to MST, and Twin Twisters (with the acception twin twisters requires a discard) or how about the infamous FREE monster board wipe: Raigeki. so dont be complaining about "One sided" effects when konami makes cards that are one-sided as well.
4: dont you dare say my cards are broken when konami has made cards like this broken OP P.O.S: Mystic Mine

1. Simple doesn't mean weak or overpowered or broken or in need of any kind of balancing factor. You're so loss and risk adverse you can't ever give your cards a meaningful drawback.
2. Because you're bad at making cards. There's a reason why almost every deck you make is virtually identical to one another. You can boast about making 3000 cards but you conveniently leave out that almost every deck you make plays the exact same.
3a. One sided floodgates will always be a pertinent issue no matter how much you don't want it to be. And no, making a conditional floodgates wouldn't be any better because in customs you can just design an entire deck around the conditional floodgate so it's basically still onesided. Conditional floodgates only work in the real game because the cardpool itself has limitations and thus can't be slotted everywhere.
3b. All the cards you listed are 1 time use and can be played around. Just because you lack the ability to play around what your opponent can do doesn't mean those cards are necessarily imbalanced. The cards you make stick on the board forever and can't be played around.
4. Whataboutism. Konami making Mystic Mine does not give you license to make a bunch of one-sided flood gates with built in protection (things Mystic mine doesn't have).
Last edited by Debt on Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NiwatoriFTW

Post #6 by NiwatoriFTW » Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:05 pm

CrystalMusic wrote:
LightCaster wrote:
yumafan30 wrote:Well... This seems just a powered-up version of Mistake, restricting just your opponent from searching AND drawing cards aside from the draw of the Draw Phase. Floodgate cards with built-in protection are rare, if any, and usually features drawbacks or conditions to balance it out. Your card features none of those and it's one-sided.

1: i dont use drawbacks on cards with very simple effects

1&2: That's your problem on card creation that eventually becomes your opponents'. And this kind of effect is not simple, as it is an extension of an already existing card, like it was mentioned.
3: It's still one-sided because you still cannot grasp the concept of card advantage and apply to your cards. "Ghost Girl" cards and Effect Veiler are almost always 1:1 cards, disrupting your opponent's moves but not eternally binding them like your card. MST is also a 1:1, while Twin Twisters is a 2:2. Raigeki is a notorious exception, but cards like that have become incredibly situational and unreliable, to the point of not being that used often in tournament decks.

Now, continuous floodgate cards always existed, like Lose 1 Turn and Skill Drain. Still, people had to focus their decks properly to make best use of them. Your card, however, requires no such thing, being completely splashable.

4: We dare say that your cards are broken because you create stuff worse than Mystic Mine can ever be. That Field Spell is not naturally one-sided, it's not indestructible by any means, to the point of even featuring a self destruction effect. Surprisingly (or not), Mystic Mine is more desirable to face than your Trap.

All things considered, this superficial analysis of yours is getting old and your complaints of people calling your cards broken are getting old. Either if your problem is compulsive subconsciously (or not) trolling or lack of perspective and awareness entirely, it shouldn't be your opponent's problem if you don't want your strategy to be messed with while messing with theirs.

LightCaster
Mood:

Post #7 by LightCaster » Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:33 pm

We WILL continue to call your cards broken because it's god damn fact. You don't seem to get that through your fat head that your cards, every last one of them, are broken. And since we're analyzing you. Your rules are akin to a fucking dictator and translate to: "If you play ANYTHING I don't like. I will quit and berate you." Is that something that makes you cool? Acting like a dick to people?

Renji Asuka

Post #8 by Renji Asuka » Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:12 am

Oh look, its Crystal Music posting in Spam when the topic is clearly about customs. Can I report Crystal Music for using the wrong section I wonder...
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #9 by CrystalMusic » Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:04 am

Renji Asuka wrote:Oh look, its Crystal Music posting in Spam when the topic is clearly about customs. Can I report Crystal Music for using the wrong section I wonder...

u cannot, the spam paradise says u can post just about whatever u want here.

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #10 by CrystalMusic » Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:04 am

Spam Paradise: Here you can discuss just about whatever you want.

Renji Asuka

Post #11 by Renji Asuka » Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:08 am

CrystalMusic wrote:Spam Paradise: Here you can discuss just about whatever you want.

Yes, however, generally for other forums, if there is a section already for a type of topic (in this case customs), it still belongs in customs.

Slitina

Post #12 by Slitina » Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:36 am

1. Very simple so apparently a one sided mistake is simple because apparently locking your opponent is fun while your getting the advantage also it cant be popped if you control a monster meaning it can float in any deck
2. There is a thin line of making good custom cards and a bad one and you crossed the line so many times like imma say this as its costs cards have costs because its like this do you expect everything is free. Now you might be like what about raigeki and mst. Even if raigeki goes off decks like yang zing or unchained would replinish their board already.
3. Your whining about ghost girls and hand traps well get a grip there is a little card called called by the grave it negates those hand effects you dont like the problem with you crystal is that you dont play cards or use cards that counter it infact you just pull a random deck trap out of your deck which is way worst then a handtrap because they are HOPT's
4. Oh and yes your cards are broken as konami infact comparing it to mystic mine is pathetic because did you read the bottom of mystic mine it also affects the user SO THEORITICALLY the user can be mystic mine'd as well you just cant get that in your fat brain of yours because you think staples are for noobs because of reasons like they are overused or they are easy to use but please your deck traps are the same also there are many times and i mean several times you were a hypocrite for example blaming attack and defense increases from outside sources when you do the same. Oh also a quick mention all your cards are the same just take a community slap a stupid boss monster with an absurd effect,non hopt searching power and lock your opponent for not playing yugioh and when they make a move you dont like you make a fit and then say "i will report you" in unrated like really.
Reincarnate from the flames! Reincarnation Link Summon! Be reborn! Link 3 Salamangreat Heatleo! Image

LightCaster
Mood:

Post #13 by LightCaster » Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:28 am

CrystalMusic wrote:Spam Paradise: Here you can discuss just about whatever you want.

So you use a discussion board to harass since you remembered youtube has a report video button?

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #14 by CrystalMusic » Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:12 pm

Renji Asuka wrote:

Yes, however, generally for other forums, if there is a section already for a type of topic (in this case customs), it still belongs in customs.

says who? YOU??? last i checked i dont have to listen to a word you say

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #15 by CrystalMusic » Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:16 pm

LightCaster wrote:

So you use a discussion board to harass since you remembered youtube has a report video button?

1: my videos arent harassment. im mearly showing the world just how many ppl on this site cant read. reading is a basic and a necessary skill in life. if one wants to play a game that requires reading, like yugioh, they should know how to read prior to playing it. common sense!
2: my videos are mostly about my opinions, which are perfectly legal and thus cannot be reported.
3: all of my YT videos (except ones that contain recordings of police, city employees, federal employees, city property, USPS, and other city, state and federal property) are private videos because of the amount of trolls on this site that found out about my channel and just indiscriminately disliked my videos for no damn reason

Slitina

Post #16 by Slitina » Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:58 pm

1. Oh yes that is harrasment like calling out someone because they cant read a card your like LEARN HOW TO READ YOUR RETARTED and then rage quit over it which you could have done is tell them your card cant do that or be a nicer person but you can't.
2. Oh brother dont give the oh its my opinion when a majority of your videos
3. Imma sound like you: they disliked your videos because its their opinion, damn i didnt know you were that sensitive over a like and dislike ratio over your videos.
Reincarnate from the flames! Reincarnation Link Summon! Be reborn! Link 3 Salamangreat Heatleo! Image

LightCaster
Mood:

Post #17 by LightCaster » Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:32 pm

CrystalMusic wrote:
LightCaster wrote:

1: my videos arent harassment. im mearly showing the world just how many ppl on this site cant read. reading is a basic and a necessary skill in life. if one wants to play a game that requires reading, like yugioh, they should know how to read prior to playing it. common sense!
2: my videos are mostly about my opinions, which are perfectly legal and thus cannot be reported.
3: all of my YT videos (except ones that contain recordings of police, city employees, federal employees, city property, USPS, and other city, state and federal property) are private videos because of the amount of trolls on this site that found out about my channel and just indiscriminately disliked my videos for no damn reason

So you just admitted that you use the spam paradise to harass others?

Runzy
Mood:

Post #18 by Runzy » Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:38 pm

If you guys don't like him here is a hint, ignore his posts and don't give him recognition it's not hard.
DB Judge 20/09/2017. 21/11/2023 - Present.
Retired: 15/12/2021 & 26/12/2022
Konami RC-1 & PC-1 Certified (August 2017)
Konami DC-1 Certified (March 2019)

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #19 by CrystalMusic » Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:15 pm

Runzy wrote:If you guys don't like him here is a hint, ignore his posts and don't give him recognition it's not hard.

couldnt have said it better myself.
also let me add to that: if you dont like me, why even bother dueling me or making "Custom" cards specifically made to counter me?

Renji Asuka

Post #20 by Renji Asuka » Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:53 pm

CrystalMusic wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:

says who? YOU??? last i checked i dont have to listen to a word you say

LOL, that is CLEARLY EVIDENT you don't listen to anyone even if they are polite to you and give you constructive criticism.

Also fun fact, if you look at the "Yu-Gi-Oh!" section of the forum, then look at the sub forum of Custom Cards, then it is CLEAR that this thread should belong there. While Off-Topic is anything that isn't related to the Main Sections of the forum and their respective subsection. Also the Spam Paradise section states "Here you can discuss just about whatever you want" Key words here, let me make them in all caps for you "Here you can discuss JUST ABOUT whatever you want"

Now, this clearly shows that you can't talk about whatever you want, and that there is limitations placed in just wording alone from how its phrased.

But hey, good to know you're likely to break forum rules. Oh and FYI, you can still get community guideline strikes on your youtube for harassing other people.

Return to “Spam Paradise”