what irritates me about people who use E-heros

Here you can discuss just about whatever you want
CrystalMusic
Mood:

what irritates me about people who use E-heros

Post #1 by CrystalMusic » Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:26 am

they never use: Avian, Burstinatrix, Clayman, Bubbleman or Sparkman anymore. All i ever see are: Solid Solider, Blazeman, Shadow Mist, or Voltic (along with any of the fusions that list these guys in their mateirals)

Whats wrong with the ORIGINAL 5 HERO monsters? are they not good enough for you???

I propose a challenge to all HERO users: make a deck using only the following HERO monsters:
Main Deck:
- Avian
- Burstinatrix
- Clayman
- Bubbleman
- Wildheart
- Sparkman
- Bladedge

Fusions:
- Flame Wingman
- Pheniox Enforcer
- Mudballman
- Plasma Vice
- Rampart Blaster
- Tempest
- Thunder Giant
- Wild Wingman
- Wildedge

As for fusion spells? ONLY Polymerization!
Field spell? ONLY Skyscraper (not Skyscraper 2)

You get bonus points if you run:
- H Heated Heart
- E Emergency Call
- R Righteous Justice
- O Oversoul
- HERO Flash
- Hero Signal
“Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

LightCaster
Mood:

Post #2 by LightCaster » Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:55 am

It's probably because those hero monsters are just... better? Like objectively better than 3 normal monsters and a monster with a meh effect?

Debt

Post #3 by Debt » Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:37 am

Those were basically never used. E-Heroes were a terrible deck even when they debuted. Stratos was basically the only E-Hero that saw regular play back then, because it could also search D-Heroes which were far more powerful and relevant at the time.

DuskWill

Post #4 by DuskWill » Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:19 pm

I also don't see people using most of the original Synchrons, like Nitro, Turbo or Road. Or the original Pendulums, like Timegazer and Stargazer Magician. Or the original Destiny HEROes. Or the original Super Smash Bros roaster. Or the original 151 Pokémon. Or the original light bulb...

The list can go on and on, pointlessly. People always goes after whatever functions best. And, sure, this is a game, we can use whatever we want, but if we use just what's iconic for the sake of using it we reduce our chances of winning. That hype doesn't last long for most of us and losing more often gets old really quick, to the point of even driving people out of the game.

Also, what's there to gain with this "challenge"? Is it just for personal satisfaction on seeing more people using cards that are only known for the anime or being the "original ones"? You could show people whatever your point is by using those cards yourself.
This is...
I saw the strategy I need!

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #5 by CrystalMusic » Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:40 am

DuskWill wrote:Also, what's there to gain with this "challenge"? Is it just for personal satisfaction on seeing more people using cards that are only known for the anime or being the "original ones"? You could show people whatever your point is by using those cards yourself.

The point is to show people that these fusions can be really helpful in multiple different situations.
want a board wipper? Aboslute Zero
Opponent has a high attack monster? Core and/or Great Tornado
Opponent is using monsters that cant be destroyed by battle so u cant attack directly? Rampart Blaster
Need a easy wall? Mudballman
Want a battle immune wall? Phoenix Enforcer. Want a supped up battle immune wall? Shining Phoenix Enforcer
Want a beatstick that is also a burner? Shining Flare Wingman
Want to pop weak cards? Thunder Giant
Need to clear some spells and traps off the field? Wildwingman
Wanna wipe all your opponents defense monsters with just a single monster? Wildedge

This is why i use 15 different e hero fusions, they provide me with what i need to overcome any obstacle in the duel, well almost any obstacle. Not to mention, with the right equip spells, Wildedge can OTK the opponent.
“Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

DuskWill

Post #6 by DuskWill » Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:58 am

CrystalMusic wrote:
DuskWill wrote:Also, what's there to gain with this "challenge"? Is it just for personal satisfaction on seeing more people using cards that are only known for the anime or being the "original ones"? You could show people whatever your point is by using those cards yourself.

The point is to show people that these fusions can be really helpful in multiple different situations.
want a board wipper? Aboslute Zero
Opponent has a high attack monster? Core and/or Great Tornado
Opponent is using monsters that cant be destroyed by battle so u cant attack directly? Rampart Blaster
Need a easy wall? Mudballman
Want a battle immune wall? Phoenix Enforcer. Want a supped up battle immune wall? Shining Phoenix Enforcer
Want a beatstick that is also a burner? Shining Flare Wingman
Want to pop weak cards? Thunder Giant
Need to clear some spells and traps off the field? Wildwingman
Wanna wipe all your opponents defense monsters with just a single monster? Wildedge

This is why i use 15 different e hero fusions, they provide me with what i need to overcome any obstacle in the duel, well almost any obstacle. Not to mention, with the right equip spells, Wildedge can OTK the opponent.

Yeah, they sure are helpful, but they're highly impractical on a realistic point of view. Aside from the two Manga fusions mentioned there and not counting fusion substitutes, they often leave you in a tough spot, specially if you rely only on regular Polymerization. Make one fusion summon and you went -2, which, for most of the fusions described, gives you a beatstick or a wall, with the ones that can go around your opponents' cards without attacking requiring you to relinquish even more cards.

Thunder Giant, for instance, would require 2 specific materials, Polymerization and another card in your hand to get rid of, say, a Marshmallon. You've spent 4 cards to get rid of one. On the opponent's turn, they can use a card like Hammer Shot or basically a Monarch (with Treeborn Frog) to get rid of your fusion with just one card, keeping card advantage in this 1:1, while you resorted to a 4:1.

That's why an Elemental HERO focused deck had basically no competitive strength until the following decade. Their initial gameplay was heavily card-costly and too specific to not brick, making you lose often. Even though you could pull off a nice move sometimes with this kind of deck, you were statistically inclined to lose and, like I said, losing gets old.

There should be some considerations about every non-manga HERO fusion monster mentioned:
    In the TCG, Rampart Blaster can't attack directly if the opponent got a monster;
    Metal Reflect Slime (or any Marshmallon-like monster) is an easier wall than Mudballman, requiring just one card;
    HERO Shining fusion monsters requires way more cards if a substitute is not included, and being a wall/burner is quite irrelevant if its a beatstick anyway;
    Like it was mentioned, many normal spells do the job better;
    Wild Wingman only becomes more advantageous than, say, Raigeki Break, if you use it to destroy more than 3 cards, with the trap also being able to destroy monsters. Snipe Hunter may be chance-based, but it also gets rid of things for much less;
    Instead of battling with Wildege, a spell that destroys all monsters your opponent controls does the trick for much less. Even Lightning Vortex is more advantageous than fusion summoning him.
This is just considering the fusions themselves, not the hardship you have summoning them when needed. This is most significant in the conditions you want and there's also the chance of the opponent negating the Poly-like card or using something like Bottomless Trap Hole or Torrential Tribute. Those HEROes were surely interesting to use, but they were badly designed back then and didn't age well at all.
This is...
I saw the strategy I need!

Neo_Fire_Sonic

Post #7 by Neo_Fire_Sonic » Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:02 pm

Or crystal you could just make your own deck and use it and see how far you get.
b

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #8 by CrystalMusic » Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:33 am

Neo_Fire_Sonic wrote:Or crystal you could just make your own deck and use it and see how far you get.

already have, and my E-HERO deck devistates most other E-HERO decks it goes up against.

Debt

Post #9 by Debt » Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:27 am

I doubt that a Hero deck that can only make impotent -2 plays matches well against awesome hero, masked hero, hero soup, Neos, or even 2012 Hero Beat

Sith were better

Post #10 by Sith were better » Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:44 am

CrystalMusic wrote:
Neo_Fire_Sonic wrote:Or crystal you could just make your own deck and use it and see how far you get.

already have, and my E-HERO deck devistates most other E-HERO decks it goes up against.

Look bro if you want to play your deck its cool but you dont have to lie to yourself and it doesnt mean everyone else has to play the deck your way. Stop living in the past and enjoy the new support for heroes you dont gotta netdeck but no reason in not running it

Return to “Spam Paradise”