Challenge to all Duelingbook Players

Here you can discuss just about whatever you want
CrystalMusic
Mood:

Challenge to all Duelingbook Players

Post #1 by CrystalMusic » Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:44 pm

Summon this card in a Custom Cards Duel: https://www.duelingbook.com/card?id=114689 - Fixed some errors Lantern pointed out, also fixed its summon conditions, requirements and restrictions.

Reply with a replay of the duel in which you summoned this card, or i won't believe you summoned it legitimately. also: this can be the ONLY custom card in your deck. I want to see if this can be summoned as if it were played in advanced format, if you get my point. Lao you must be dueling against another player or it wont count.
Last edited by CrystalMusic on Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:17 am, edited 6 times in total.
“Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

Runzy
Mood:

Post #2 by Runzy » Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:49 pm

That is just way too much.....
DB Judge 20/09/2017. 21/11/2023 - Present.
Retired: 15/12/2021 & 26/12/2022
Konami RC-1 & PC-1 Certified (August 2017)
Konami DC-1 Certified (March 2019)

NiwatoriFTW

Post #3 by NiwatoriFTW » Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:52 pm

https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=14105966

It's possible to do it with a goat format deck on the first turn.

Have we gone this far to keep the forum somewhat active?

Lantern

Post #4 by Lantern » Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:07 am

Just a heads up, you misspelled materials, summon, another, and effect a few times in the text. You also missed a space between "every" and "HERO".

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #5 by CrystalMusic » Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:15 pm

NiwatoriFTW wrote:Image

try it in classic format and umm i dont see the required matierials in your GY so your reply, i beleive it to be falsified that you actually summoned my monster legitly
“Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #6 by CrystalMusic » Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:17 pm

Lantern wrote:Just a heads up, you misspelled materials, summon, another, and effect a few times in the text. You also missed a space between "every" and "HERO".

thanks for the heads up. ill fix that.

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #7 by CrystalMusic » Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:27 pm

thing might be impossible to summon, not even i have summoned this yet. but i know one thing: whoever summons it, you just won the duel cas the thing is literally impossible to beat, hence the name Seraph, The Immortal

NiwatoriFTW

Post #8 by NiwatoriFTW » Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:54 pm

CrystalMusic wrote:

try it in classic format and umm i dont see the required matierials in your GY so your reply, i beleive it to be falsified that you actually summoned my monster legitly

Classic format wouldn't change the result at all. And I have not falsified the summoning, I just used Cyber-Stein's effect to special summon your Fusion Monster, thus completing this pointless challenge.

I guess I just had too much free time to even bother, now that I think about it.

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #9 by CrystalMusic » Sun Dec 15, 2019 4:05 pm

NiwatoriFTW wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:

Classic format wouldn't change the result at all. And I have not falsified the summoning, I just used Cyber-Stein's effect to special summon your Fusion Monster, thus completing this pointless challenge.

I guess I just had too much free time to even bother, now that I think about it.

you cant summon him with cyberstein!

"You can only Fusion Summon this card by sending the above listed materials you control who have been Fusion Summoned via "Polymerization" and are on your field to the Graveyard."

This is his summon requirements/Condition. this is the ONLY way u can summon him. by sending Elemental HERO Electrum + Elemental HERO Inferno + Elemental HERO Plasmavice + Elemental HERO Terrafirma + Elemental HERO Divne Neos who are currently face-up on your field in monster zones, the the graveyard!

NiwatoriFTW

Post #10 by NiwatoriFTW » Sun Dec 15, 2019 4:26 pm

CrystalMusic wrote:
NiwatoriFTW wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:

you cant summon him with cyberstein!

"You can only Fusion Summon this card by sending the above listed materials you control who have been Fusion Summoned via "Polymerization" and are on your field to the Graveyard."

This is his summon requirements/Condition. this is the ONLY way u can summon him. by sending Elemental HERO Electrum + Elemental HERO Inferno + Elemental HERO Plasmavice + Elemental HERO Terrafirma + Elemental HERO Divne Neos who are currently face-up on your field in monster zones, the the graveyard!

Excuse me? Cyber-Stein can special summon your fusion monster.

Even though the effect of your Elemental HERO Seraph, The Immortal is written in pre-PSCT structure, it clearly only limits it's Fusion Summoning, not Special Summoning from the Extra Deck via a card effect.

Take for example Dark Balter the Terrible print in Legacy of Darkness:

"Possessed Dark Soul" + "Frontier Wiseman"
This monster can only be Fusion Summoned by the above Fusion-Material Monsters. When a Normal Magic Card is activated, negate the effect by paying 1000 Life Points. Also negate the effect of an Effect Monster that is destroyed by this monster in battle.

Just like your card, its effects only limits your fusion summoning, not allowing the player to use fusion substitutes. It remained a Semi-Nomi monster like most of Extra Deck cards, instead of becoming a Nomi. This was great for cards like Cyber-Stein and Magical Scientist that, specially the latter, made great use of their effects to special summon monsters straight from the Extra Deck (formerly Fusion Deck before both hitting the banlist)

So I completed the challenge.
CrystalMusic wrote:Summon this card in a Custom Cards Duel: https://www.duelingbook.com/card?id=114689

I summoned it. It's not my problem if it wasn't done through your convoluted ways of Fusion Summoning it.

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #11 by CrystalMusic » Sun Dec 15, 2019 4:34 pm

You can only Fusion Summon this card by sending the above listed materials you control who have been Fusion Summoned via "Polymerization" and are on your field to the Graveyard and cannot be summoned by other ways. Other cards and effects cannot ignore or bypass this cards Summon Conditions.

so no you did not complete my challenge.

Debt

Post #12 by Debt » Sun Dec 15, 2019 4:39 pm

He completed the challenge. Your card is written incorrectly for what you want it to do.

It needs to say "Must be Fusion Summoned and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways." but as written it's a valid target for Cyber Stein.

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #13 by CrystalMusic » Sun Dec 15, 2019 4:44 pm

what part of: "You can only Fusion Summon this card by sending the above listed materials you control who have been Fusion Summoned via "Polymerization" and are on your field to the Graveyard and cannot be summoned by other ways. Other cards and effects cannot ignore or bypass this cards Summon Conditions." do you people NOT understand????

so no you have not completed my challenge. Cyberstein would bypass the condition by using its effect to summon the card. Therefore you havnt completed my challenge. TRY AGAIN!

Debt

Post #14 by Debt » Sun Dec 15, 2019 4:47 pm

Do you not understand that Cyber Stein isn't a Fusion Summon so your card is a valid target for it as written? Can you really not concede that if you're missing the clause I wrote above it'll always be a target for Cyber Stein?

NiwatoriFTW

Post #15 by NiwatoriFTW » Sun Dec 15, 2019 4:51 pm

CrystalMusic wrote:what part of: "You can only Fusion Summon this card by sending the above listed materials you control who have been Fusion Summoned via "Polymerization" and are on your field to the Graveyard and cannot be summoned by other ways. Other cards and effects cannot ignore or bypass this cards Summon Conditions." do you people NOT understand????

We understand all of it. I understood it to the point of even bothering myself to reply here.

What you do not understand is that you have made a semi-nomi fusion monster with conditions on it's fusion summoning, akin to Cyber End Dragon or Fiend Skull Dragon, in which does not prevents other ways of summoning as well.

Cyber-Stein's effect not being a Fusion Summon is PRECISELY why it can summon a Fusion Monster that does not prevent other ways of summoning it and only restricts how it's fusion summoned.

Sries Mslaiks

Post #16 by Sries Mslaiks » Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:31 pm

The monster's restriction only applied to fusion summoning it. https://www.duelingbook.com/images/cust ... 114689.jpg
The screen on FTW also shows the text. As the summon was performed without tripping over the restriction on fusion summoning it by not performing a fusion summon at all, stein got over the restriction. Well done on summoning the monster.

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #17 by CrystalMusic » Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:10 am

Sries Mslaiks wrote:The monster's restriction only applied to fusion summoning it. https://www.duelingbook.com/images/cust ... 114689.jpg
The screen on FTW also shows the text. As the summon was performed without tripping over the restriction on fusion summoning it by not performing a fusion summon at all, stein got over the restriction. Well done on summoning the monster.

no offense, its my card, i made it, i decide how it works TYVM. custom cards dont have rulings. if custom cards had rulings you judges would have a very busy day answering calls for custom cards. this is why they dont have rulings for custom cards. cas there are other important things to worry about instead of answering how someones custom card works. (Just stating the truth so sorry if im upsetting anyone with this fact)
Last edited by CrystalMusic on Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:23 am, edited 2 times in total.

Debt

Post #18 by Debt » Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:16 am

CrystalMusic wrote:no offense, its my card, i made it, i decide how it works TYVM. custom cards dont have rulings

Except the text on the card doesn't reflect how you want it to work mechanically. Your intent doesn't matter; what's on the card does and as written its a valid target for cyber stein. I've even given you what you need to put on the card to fix it. Just admit you're wrong on this and fix the card

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #19 by CrystalMusic » Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:18 am

i just fixed it so it cant be summoned by other cards, effects, costs or conditions. so now cyber stein CANT summon it.

Sries Mslaiks

Post #20 by Sries Mslaiks » Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:36 am

CrystalMusic wrote:
Sries Mslaiks wrote:The monster's restriction only applied to fusion summoning it. https://www.duelingbook.com/images/cust ... 114689.jpg

no offense, its my card, i made it, i decide how it works TYVM. custom cards dont have rulings. if custom cards had rulings you judges would have a very busy day answering calls for custom cards. this is why they dont have rulings for custom cards. cas there are other important things to worry about instead of answering how someones custom card works. (Just stating the truth so sorry if im upsetting anyone with this fact)

Actually, we aren't busy answering calls on custom cards because we don't have a rated pool for it. Not every call has a direct ruling to pull back on. When we encounter situations like that, we'd have to interpret the situation and give the best ruling possible under the circumstances. For custom cards that would be using the card text if we did have calls on such things. That said, life is much easier when not having to deal with such things. :lol:

While custom cards don't have rulings, we do assume the cards to be reasonable to their card text, especially if we are to assume this card is in a challenge. Otherwise the challenge itself would be pointless as we'd have no real idea what the card is actually supposed to do. If we ignore the text, then suddenly the card becomes gibberish. As an extreme example, I could 'reasonably' ask you if the card could be summoned by mystical space typhoon, or any number of silly questions if the text itself is unreliable.

As for more important things to do, this is spam paradise, I'm just burning a spare minute or two chuckling at the silliness I'm seeing here while relaxing. Not everything has to be important or measured as such, lol.

Return to “Spam Paradise”