Here you can discuss just about whatever you want
Grace_T
Mood:

Re: What is your Soul Card? And why?

Post #41 by Grace_T » Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:16 pm

CrystalMusic wrote:
Grace_T wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:
againnot a soul card, YOU NEED TO HAVE A PERSONAL CONNECTION WITH THE CARD! NOT A REASON WHY YOU USE IT!

Example: Guardian Eatos resembles a Native American Warrior and an Angel. Im Native American. Im also religious. Therefore Eatos is my soul card!

but a personal connection is more than just looks.
a card could totes speak to me on a personal level and become an instant favorite. Which is why i listed blue eyes shining. Dragons are also amazing creatures and my favorite type.

ok then what is the personal connection you have with the card? and what is the spiritual connection you have with the card (Other than it speaks to you)

it's totally like i didn't say that a card "speaking to me" counted as a personal connection. Grats on the reading btw.

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #42 by CrystalMusic » Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:22 pm

Grace_T wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:
Grace_T wrote:
but a personal connection is more than just looks.
a card could totes speak to me on a personal level and become an instant favorite. Which is why i listed blue eyes shining. Dragons are also amazing creatures and my favorite type.

ok then what is the personal connection you have with the card? and what is the spiritual connection you have with the card (Other than it speaks to you)

it's totally like i didn't say that a card "speaking to me" counted as a personal connection. Grats on the reading btw.

looks like u cant read either, i asked whats the personal connection with the card other than it SPEAKS to you?
“Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

Play2X

Post #43 by Play2X » Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:34 pm

I don't really get how you can call out people for feeling drawn to a card because of aesthetics, when your only reason for your soul card is, that it resembles a native american person, which happens to be your cultural identity. Just saying, but "This cards reminds me of which women's vagina I fell out of" isn't really that much of a reason either. In fact, so far your reasoning seems to be the weakest in this topic.

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #44 by CrystalMusic » Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:37 pm

Play2X wrote:I don't really get how you can call out people for feeling drawn to a card because of aesthetics, when your only reason for your soul card is, that it resembles a native american person, which happens to be your cultural identity. Just saying, but "This cards reminds me of which women's vagina I fell out of" isn't really that much of a reason either. In fact, so far your reasoning seems to be the weakest in this topic.

so a personal, religious and ethnic connection with a card is the weakest reason to have a connection with a card??? you need to get your priorities straight!
“Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

troglyte
Mood:

Post #45 by troglyte » Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:39 pm

Congratulations, IT, you took a perfectly innocent thread and turned it into another argument.

Also, 'other than it speaks to you.' Real subtle.

Obviously, you have a problem with our LORD and SAVIOR, the GLORIOUS Crab Turtle.

Your Soul Card isn't Eatos, it's clearly HUNGRY BURGER
Last edited by troglyte on Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Crab Turtle respects your pronouns.
he/him
Sign the Crab Turtle petition here! http://chng.it/J4rvHFFfZG

Play2X

Post #46 by Play2X » Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:44 pm

Nope, personal and religious reasons are fine by me, since those are chosen by the individual himself. Ethic is something one just happens to belong to. Don't get me wrong, if you want to be proud of being a native american, feel free. And heck, your Soul Card can be whatever you like the most. But don't go around declaring what is a valid reason for being ones' Soul card, especially if the only thing you can be proud of is something you had not even a hand in.

Debt

Post #47 by Debt » Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:02 pm

Play2X wrote:I don't really get how you can call out people for feeling drawn to a card because of aesthetics, when your only reason for your soul card is, that it resembles a native american person, which happens to be your cultural identity. Just saying, but "This cards reminds me of which women's vagina I fell out of" isn't really that much of a reason either. In fact, so far your reasoning seems to be the weakest in this topic.

Eatos is literally a blonde white woman in a Party City costume.

Slitina

Post #48 by Slitina » Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:09 pm

Eatos was cosplaying as a Native American my god this changes everything
Reincarnate from the flames! Reincarnation Link Summon! Be reborn! Link 3 Salamangreat Heatleo! Image

Neo_Fire_Sonic

Post #49 by Neo_Fire_Sonic » Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:10 pm

native americans aren't white are they?
b

Renji Asuka

Post #50 by Renji Asuka » Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:34 pm

CrystalMusic wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:Limiter Removal

Cause, if you don't break past your limits, you're holding yourself back. (And yes CrystalMusic, you're afraid of breaking of breaking out of your shell of playing Normal Yugioh)

acutally i just adapted to links, i understand how they work now. but pends are still off limits in my duels. links? bring em on (under one condition - You dont spam summon them)

Sorry, the only time when you adapt, is when you play Konami's rules, not yours. So you haven't done shit yet.
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

Renji Asuka

Post #51 by Renji Asuka » Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:36 pm

Neo_Fire_Sonic wrote:native americans aren't white are they?

Think about why Native Americans (btw this is a stupid term as anyone born in the U.S. are native to the U.S. now) are called Red Skins

Then think about why the Football Team called Red Skins (I think its football) had to change their name cause it was a "racist" term.
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

Darkraiclone
Mood:

Post #52 by Darkraiclone » Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:45 pm

You know, now that it has been brought up, I would say that Eatos actually represents multiple acts of cultural appropriation. Think about it, the card, Guardian Eatos is depicted by a white woman who is clearly appropriating the cultural garments of American Indians, meanwhile the image of the card itself was made in japan in which the artist not only appropriated the American Indian design of the garments but also had them be worn by a white woman. So in a word, the card is essentially appropriationsception and that CrystalMusic's soul card is based around cultural appropriation, meaning that CrystalMusic is either a secret racist or is in support of cultural appropriation.
Everyone's favorite crybaby.

Debt

Post #53 by Debt » Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:55 am

Darkraiclone wrote:You know, now that it has been brought up, I would say that Eatos actually represents multiple acts of cultural appropriation. Think about it, the card, Guardian Eatos is depicted by a white woman who is clearly appropriating the cultural garments of American Indians, meanwhile the image of the card itself was made in japan in which the artist not only appropriated the American Indian design of the garments but also had them be worn by a white woman. So in a word, the card is essentially appropriationsception and that CrystalMusic's soul card is based around cultural appropriation, meaning that CrystalMusic is either a secret racist or is in support of cultural appropriation.

Eatos' weapon is also a European sword, the angel parts of her is the medieval European depiction of Angels

Darkraiclone
Mood:

Post #54 by Darkraiclone » Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:56 am

CrystalMusic wrote:
Darkraiclone wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:
no a personal connection is something you and the card have in common via soul or blood. something like your heritage, or religious views. example: Guardian Eatos is a Native American Warrior. Im Native American. Im from the Blackfoot Tribe. Therefore Eatos and I have a personal connection!

That is a fair point, but then again, people can have sentimental value towards any card or deck for any reason, whether it be for the same reasons that you mentioned, or for more personal reasons such as mine. Seeing that you are trying to invalidate other people's reasons for valuing certain cards for reasons you don't agree to make yourself look superior, all you're doing is making yourself look more petty than you already are. Then again, why bother to come up with a decent argument when you can just block people that you clearly can't win against? 8-)

says the one who is to lazy to explain how their own custom cards work. No one knows how your custom cards work better than you yourself, thats why it makes much more sense for anyone who plays a custom card that they made, to explain the card to their opponent. That and its easier for both players, and helps keep the duel at a faster pace. But no, you didnt explain your cards, you expect your opponent to know how they work! It is not the opponents job to read your cards, as the player of a card it is your job, just like in the real game, to tell your opponent the effect of the card!

I feel that we have already had this conversation before, and I've already posted our conversation and the replay in the forums, so everyone else who has read it already knows about the situation.

Darkraiclone
Mood:

Post #55 by Darkraiclone » Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:58 am

Debt wrote:
Darkraiclone wrote:You know, now that it has been brought up, I would say that Eatos actually represents multiple acts of cultural appropriation. Think about it, the card, Guardian Eatos is depicted by a white woman who is clearly appropriating the cultural garments of American Indians, meanwhile the image of the card itself was made in japan in which the artist not only appropriated the American Indian design of the garments but also had them be worn by a white woman. So in a word, the card is essentially appropriationsception and that CrystalMusic's soul card is based around cultural appropriation, meaning that CrystalMusic is either a secret racist or is in support of cultural appropriation.

Eatos' weapon is also a European sword, the angel parts of her is the medieval European depiction of Angels

Wait, really?

Debt

Post #56 by Debt » Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:18 am

Darkraiclone wrote:Wait, really?

Looking at Celestial sword Eatos again, I'm wrong. It's a katana blade with either a stylized crossguard and grip from either European longswords or a Chinese Jian. It does have a generic pop depiction of an angel (beautiful winged humanoid with a halo) behind the sword. It's rather patchwork.

She's blatantly a Christian angel as depicted in European art. Actual angels in the Bible, specifically the ones in Eziekiel, were basically nightmare creatures.

I admit I don't know much American Indian myths so there could be something that looks like Eatos given that there were a vast number of tribes each with their own body of myths. But I'm sure whatever artist designed Eatos was pulling from European angels.

Darkraiclone
Mood:

Post #57 by Darkraiclone » Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:25 am

Debt wrote:
Darkraiclone wrote:Wait, really?

Looking at Celestial sword Eatos again, I'm wrong. It's a katana blade with either a stylized crossguard and grip from either European longswords or a Chinese Jian. It does have a generic pop depiction of an angel (beautiful winged humanoid with a halo) behind the sword. It's rather patchwork.

She's blatantly a Christian angel as depicted in European art. Actual angels in the Bible, specifically the ones in Eziekiel, were basically nightmare creatures.

I admit I don't know much American Indian myths so there could be something that looks like Eatos given that there were a vast number of tribes each with their own body of myths. But I'm sure whatever artist designed Eatos was pulling from European angels.

I see.

Grace_T
Mood:

Post #58 by Grace_T » Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:07 am

CrystalMusic wrote:
Grace_T wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:

looks like u cant read either, i asked whats the personal connection with the card other than it SPEAKS to you?

I, Like, Totally can read.
I don't need any other reason. as others have said; A connection can be anything from aesthetics to simply loving the card. Did you make this thread just to put down other's card choice?

Debt

Post #59 by Debt » Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:11 am

Grace_T wrote:Did you make this thread just to put down other's card choice?

Yes, he did.

Grace_T
Mood:

Post #60 by Grace_T » Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:14 am

Debt wrote:
Grace_T wrote:Did you make this thread just to put down other's card choice?

Yes, he did.

-_- so uncool

Return to “Spam Paradise”