What is your Soul Card? And why?

Here you can discuss just about whatever you want
Grace_T
Mood:

Re: What is your Soul Card? And why?

Post #21 by Grace_T » Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:55 am

Blue eyes shining dragon.
an underrated gem of a monster.
a great dragon if used with a deck that compliments it.
it's also, like, this totally futuristic jet dragon that makes me think of a zonda, which is my favorite car brand.

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #22 by CrystalMusic » Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:59 am

Grace_T wrote:Blue eyes shining dragon.
it's also, like, this totally futuristic jet dragon that makes me think of a zonda, which is my favorite car brand.

againnot a soul card, YOU NEED TO HAVE A PERSONAL CONNECTION WITH THE CARD! NOT A REASON WHY YOU USE IT!

Example: Guardian Eatos resembles a Native American Warrior and an Angel. Im Native American. Im also religious. Therefore Eatos is my soul card!
“Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

Grace_T
Mood:

Post #23 by Grace_T » Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:06 am

CrystalMusic wrote:

againnot a soul card, YOU NEED TO HAVE A PERSONAL CONNECTION WITH THE CARD! NOT A REASON WHY YOU USE IT!

Example: Guardian Eatos resembles a Native American Warrior and an Angel. Im Native American. Im also religious. Therefore Eatos is my soul card!

but a personal connection is more than just looks.
a card could totes speak to me on a personal level and become an instant favorite. Which is why i listed blue eyes shining. Dragons are also amazing creatures and my favorite type.

Debt

Post #24 by Debt » Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:13 am

It feels like you're using this to say your favorite card is better than everyone else's favorite card despite favoring said card for largely superficial reasons.

Grace_T
Mood:

Post #25 by Grace_T » Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:14 am

Debt wrote:It feels like you're using this to say your favorite card is better than everyone else's favorite card despite favoring said card for largely superficial reasons.

me or the Crystal guy?

Debt

Post #26 by Debt » Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:16 am

Grace_T wrote:
me or the Crystal guy?

Crystal

Darkraiclone
Mood:

Post #27 by Darkraiclone » Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:57 am

CrystalMusic wrote:
Darkraiclone wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:
u didnt list the personal connection you have with him so its not a soul card till u do

That is my personal connection to him, Six Samurais was one of the first archetypes I've played when I started playing when I was younger, if it wasn't for them, then I wouldn't have learned so much about the game and get to where I am now. Unless you mean that you want me to explain his effect to you that is.

no a personal connection is something you and the card have in common via soul or blood. something like your heritage, or religious views. example: Guardian Eatos is a Native American Warrior. Im Native American. Im from the Blackfoot Tribe. Therefore Eatos and I have a personal connection!

That is a fair point, but then again, people can have sentimental value towards any card or deck for any reason, whether it be for the same reasons that you mentioned, or for more personal reasons such as mine. Seeing that you are trying to invalidate other people's reasons for valuing certain cards for reasons you don't agree to make yourself look superior, all you're doing is making yourself look more petty than you already are. Then again, why bother to come up with a decent argument when you can just block people that you clearly can't win against? 8-)
Everyone's favorite crybaby.

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #28 by CrystalMusic » Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:37 pm

Grace_T wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:

but a personal connection is more than just looks.
a card could totes speak to me on a personal level and become an instant favorite. Which is why i listed blue eyes shining. Dragons are also amazing creatures and my favorite type.

ok then what is the personal connection you have with the card? and what is the spiritual connection you have with the card (Other than it speaks to you)
“Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #29 by CrystalMusic » Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:44 pm

Darkraiclone wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:
Darkraiclone wrote:That is my personal connection to him, Six Samurais was one of the first archetypes I've played when I started playing when I was younger, if it wasn't for them, then I wouldn't have learned so much about the game and get to where I am now. Unless you mean that you want me to explain his effect to you that is.

no a personal connection is something you and the card have in common via soul or blood. something like your heritage, or religious views. example: Guardian Eatos is a Native American Warrior. Im Native American. Im from the Blackfoot Tribe. Therefore Eatos and I have a personal connection!

That is a fair point, but then again, people can have sentimental value towards any card or deck for any reason, whether it be for the same reasons that you mentioned, or for more personal reasons such as mine. Seeing that you are trying to invalidate other people's reasons for valuing certain cards for reasons you don't agree to make yourself look superior, all you're doing is making yourself look more petty than you already are. Then again, why bother to come up with a decent argument when you can just block people that you clearly can't win against? 8-)

says the one who is to lazy to explain how their own custom cards work. No one knows how your custom cards work better than you yourself, thats why it makes much more sense for anyone who plays a custom card that they made, to explain the card to their opponent. That and its easier for both players, and helps keep the duel at a faster pace. But no, you didnt explain your cards, you expect your opponent to know how they work! It is not the opponents job to read your cards, as the player of a card it is your job, just like in the real game, to tell your opponent the effect of the card!

Debt

Post #30 by Debt » Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:49 pm

CrystalMusic wrote:says the one who is to lazy to explain how their own custom cards work. No one knows how your custom cards work better than you yourself, thats why it makes much more sense for anyone who plays a custom card that they made, to explain the card to their opponent. That and its easier for both players, and helps keep the duel at a faster pace. But no, you didnt explain your cards, you expect your opponent to know how they work! It is not the opponents job to read your cards, as the player of a card it is your job, just like in the real game, to tell your opponent the effect of the card!

The real game has psct, you don't need to explain your cards because they are written in a standardized and universally understood way.

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #31 by CrystalMusic » Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:39 pm

Debt wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:says the one who is to lazy to explain how their own custom cards work. No one knows how your custom cards work better than you yourself, thats why it makes much more sense for anyone who plays a custom card that they made, to explain the card to their opponent. That and its easier for both players, and helps keep the duel at a faster pace. But no, you didnt explain your cards, you expect your opponent to know how they work! It is not the opponents job to read your cards, as the player of a card it is your job, just like in the real game, to tell your opponent the effect of the card!

The real game has psct, you don't need to explain your cards because they are written in a standardized and universally understood way.

Still its called common courtesy.

Debt

Post #32 by Debt » Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:59 pm

CrystalMusic wrote:Still its called common courtesy.

Demanding to be spoonfed is rather rude and self-patronizing. Watch any high level players, they don't ask their opponents to explain anything they say "wait, reading".

Play2X

Post #33 by Play2X » Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:01 pm

Just saying, but typing+reading is SLOWER than reading. Meaning, that your main point (keeping a faster pace) is not even true. As long as players do a decent job at writing their effects, there is no real reason for them explaining every card like in the anime. If you are to ask 'Hey, I don't quite understood the card at first glance.' I am pretty sure that Darkraiclone would've tried to rephrase it for you. But, well, I have seen the replay. You didn't even give him a chance to explain anything, and went on with your own assumptions.
Also, thats something for the other topic, I thought this one's about our soul cards.

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #34 by CrystalMusic » Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:06 pm

Debt wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:Still its called common courtesy.

Demanding to be spoonfed is rather rude and self-patronizing. Watch any high level players, they don't ask their opponents to explain anything they say "wait, reading".

its easier to explain your own cards than it is for your opponent to read them, as i said before no one knows your cards better than yourself

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #35 by CrystalMusic » Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:11 pm

Play2X wrote:Just saying, but typing+reading is SLOWER than reading. Meaning, that your main point (keeping a faster pace) is not even true. As long as players do a decent job at writing their effects, there is no real reason for them explaining every card like in the anime. If you are to ask 'Hey, I don't quite understood the card at first glance.' I am pretty sure that Darkraiclone would've tried to rephrase it for you. But, well, I have seen the replay. You didn't even give him a chance to explain anything, and went on with your own assumptions.
Also, thats something for the other topic, I thought this one's about our soul cards.

my issue is ppl dont give me the chance to read their cards. me? i wait about 10 seconds before i play another card, most of my cards are about 1 - 3 sentences long so it doesnt take long to read, and even IF my opponets read my card i still explain what the card does out of respect and courtesy because of how some of my cards are worded it may be confusing to the opponent. so i simplify what the card does to help them understand my card. This is why i ask ppl to explain their cards because sometimes due to how a card is worded it can be confusing, even IF it has proper PSCT. you have to remember there are ppl out there who have reading, and social disabilites, so its only courteous to explain your cards to your opponent just in case they have said disabilites! its called respect of the opponent. and respect of those who have reading disabilities.

you dont have to go on and on about how the card works. just simplify how it works to keep the sentence short, simple and easy to understand. for example: my card called Kitchi - The Goddess https://www.duelingbook.com/card?id=983703

if i summon her via kitchis will (which is the only way she can be summoned) i just simply say: you cant do anything during her summon, also shes immune to everything but battle against a beast warrior monster whos original atk is higher or equal to hers. additionally she allows me to SS 1 beast-warrior from my hand, deck or GY once per turn. finally she gains 200 ATK for every beast-warrior in my GY.

Then during the BP: i go on to explain that you cant activate or resolve anything if she attacks, until my next attack during the same BP.

this not only makes Kitchi - The Goddess much easier to understand because of her long text, it simplfied her effect.
Last edited by CrystalMusic on Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Debt

Post #36 by Debt » Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:15 pm

CrystalMusic wrote:its easier to explain your own cards than it is for your opponent to read them, as i said before no one knows your cards better than yourself

And you're gonna get a shallow explanation on any intricacies the card might have. Unless you read the card and get a full understanding of it's mechanics you're just doing yourself a disservice while making the game slower.

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #37 by CrystalMusic » Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:25 pm

but enough about this, this post is not about customs or explaining custom cards. its about what your soul card is, and why its your soul card.

Play2X

Post #38 by Play2X » Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:04 pm

CrystalMusic wrote:my issue is ppl dont give me the chance to read their cards. me? i wait about 10 seconds before i play another card, most of my cards are about 1 - 3 sentences long so it doesnt take long to read, and even IF my opponets read my card i still explain what the card does out of respect and courtesy because of how some of my cards are worded it may be confusing to the opponent. so i simplify what the card does to help them understand my card. This is why i ask ppl to explain their cards because sometimes due to how a card is worded it can be confusing, even IF it has proper PSCT. you have to remember there are ppl out there who have reading, and social disabilites, so its only courteous to explain your cards to your opponent just in case they have said disabilites! its called respect of the opponent. and respect of those who have reading disabilities.

Just... say that youre reading. Like everyone does in Advanced Rated/Unrated and every other gamemode. Nobody expects you to know what every card does, even in non-custom. That is why you can just type a short "reading" and your opponent will most likely write "sure" and waits, till you write "k". If the opponent still happily summons, thats a different story, but you flipped the table after like 2 cards. We all are human beings, and if we talk, I think things will turn out somewhat decent at least.

If the person in question really has some disabilities, which is probably on the rarer side in a card game: How exactly does you rewriting what the card does help them? I mean, sure, noble idea, but what kind of reading disability stops them from reading the card text, but not from reading your WRITTEN explaination? If this was a physical game I could agree, but as it stands this sounds just like some kind of excuse. Also, I am pretty sure, that a person who has some disability could just mention it. Only the worst kind of person would be like 'Nah, just because youre unable I won't change my behavior.' I mean, heck, I am both depressive AND german, and I remember what it was like when we started playing with english cards when we were like 12. Just chatting will usually solve the problem. Believe it or not, we don't visit DB daily because we want to be jerks, but because we like to play Yugioh with people, or chat in MM or visit the forum. If we want to be pissed, we have a perfectly working twitter.

I also just won't comment on your card, because... well, to be honest, that things so horrible unbalanced that it makes me want to join a discord server for custom cards. but thats aside the point. And I think you've already been told more than enough times, that just maybe you should ask people for second or thrid opinion on your customs.

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #39 by CrystalMusic » Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:16 pm

dude my card i posted requires a prerequisite of a spell, that spell card requires a particular monster + 7 others. that particular monster requires 2 tributes with a requirement of one of those materials for the tribute being a particular name. therefore that fusion requires 10 cards to even be summoned, and 3 out of those 10 have to be specific cards.

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #40 by CrystalMusic » Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:19 pm

and as i just said. enough! this post is about soul cards not custom cards.

Return to “Spam Paradise”