What is your Soul Card? And why?

Here you can discuss just about whatever you want
~Gloria~

Re: What is your Soul Card? And why?

Post #61 by ~Gloria~ » Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:19 am

I have quite a few, but Ancient Gear Reactor Dragon is totally an awesome card. It has like, the most awesome-est effect I've ever seen on a machine type monster. I totes need one irl

Ir0n
Mood:

Post #62 by Ir0n » Sun Apr 12, 2020 12:43 am

Grapha, Dragon Lord of Dark World
While not technically being the leader of the Dark World monsters (that being either Brron or Reign-Beaux), Grapha certainly is the most reliable one (which is a trait I do see in myself), but most importantly, no matter how often Grapha is beaten down, with the help of his allies he will always get back up to fight another day. That's my personal connection to him. Also the fact that I loved the Dark World Archtype ever since they were first released in EEN and when the Structure Deck was released I was finally able to play the deck competitively :)

Alnair

Post #63 by Alnair » Sun Apr 12, 2020 12:57 am

B. Skull Dragon

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #64 by CrystalMusic » Sun Apr 12, 2020 1:19 pm

Ir0n wrote:Grapha, Dragon Lord of Dark World
While not technically being the leader of the Dark World monsters (that being either Brron or Reign-Beaux), Grapha certainly is the most reliable one (which is a trait I do see in myself), but most importantly, no matter how often Grapha is beaten down, with the help of his allies he will always get back up to fight another day. That's my personal connection to him. Also the fact that I loved the Dark World Archtype ever since they were first released in EEN and when the Structure Deck was released I was finally able to play the deck competitively :)

FINALLY! Someone who tells us WHY its their soul card! TY!
to many ppl are like: "its my soul card cas i like the card."
NO! liking a card doesnt make it your soul card!
“Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

LightCaster
Mood:

Post #65 by LightCaster » Sun Apr 12, 2020 5:06 pm

CrystalMusic wrote:

Isn't that the point of having a soul card sometimes? Just liking it for more arbitrary reasons like "it looks cool"? Who are you to jusge the reasoning outside of an egomaniac that needs to control everyone?

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #66 by CrystalMusic » Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:55 pm

im not controlling anything! a soul card is defined as a card you have a personal and spiritual connection with. look at why dark magician is yugis soul card. its because its mahad's soul. mahad was young atems guardian. mahad and young atem had a very close connection both in a personal way, and in spirit
“Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

Renji Asuka

Post #67 by Renji Asuka » Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:06 am

CrystalMusic wrote:im not controlling anything! a soul card is defined as a card you have a personal and spiritual connection with. look at why dark magician is yugis soul card. its because its mahad's soul. mahad was young atems guardian. mahad and young atem had a very close connection both in a personal way, and in spirit

yes, you are controlling it. If a person just likes the card, it can be their soul card. Also there is no such thing as a "Soul Card", there is no term for that. So get out of here with your bullshit.
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

Debt

Post #68 by Debt » Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:08 am

You are gatekeeping. You've shat on several people for entirely arbitrary reasons

Grace_T
Mood:

Post #69 by Grace_T » Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:50 am

CrystalMusic wrote:im not controlling anything! a soul card is defined as a card you have a personal and spiritual connection with. look at why dark magician is yugis soul card. its because its mahad's soul. mahad was young atems guardian. mahad and young atem had a very close connection both in a personal way, and in spirit

then by this logic, Blue eyes shining is my soul card because i connect with it's ability to be immune to most effects....

like bullshit.

KTeknis

Post #70 by KTeknis » Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:48 am

Hi! so, i don't know if Representing my Custom Cards as my Soul cards is accepted here, and judging by the previous comment, your view of a soul card is a bit strict, but I like the topic of a Soul Cards. so I'd like to share one, which is one of the very first card i made: Matreiya, The Apocalypse Enlightener.
https://www.duelingbook.com/card?id=1118975
the reason:
- He's a male Child; i'm a male and a bit childish, and like to view myself as a child
- In term of ATK/DEF, he's the second weakest Xyz monster in his archetype (the weakest one can switch control card until End Phase); i'm still noob at custom card making, and have some kind of mental dilemma on my own card making skill (My customs wreck player? i thought my card is overpowered, My custom get wrecked? i thought my cards Underpowered.)
- He can search fellow archetype monster; i tried to help people who still new at card making.
- He's a R4nk; my favourite deck at Arc-V tag force special is a R4nk Spam.

Welp, there's my soul card, and also the one i tried to summon when i dueled you. I understand you prefered old ways of Yu-Gi-Oh, but please be calm about it. Also you don't list it in duel note.
PS: Critic and Advice please.
I have interest in badly designed custom cards.
You saw these cards as terrible, I saw them as ideas.

Christen57

Post #71 by Christen57 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:05 pm

CrystalMusic wrote:

I could have sworn I was one of the first people if not the first person to tell why my soul card was my soul card.
It was because Just like how Vylon Prism has the effect to give up life points to equip it to a monster and aid it in battle, I'm a team player who likes to give up some of my time and energy to help others.

slifer7

Post #72 by slifer7 » Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:54 pm

my "soul card" is inferno. not only its a fire monster but mine is one of the first cards i played with but my copy given to me by a friend

greg503

Post #73 by greg503 » Sun Aug 23, 2020 4:40 pm

My soul card is Tiaramisu because she is immune to powercreep :)
Buy Floowandereeze

Return to “Spam Paradise”