This is why knowing how spell speed rulings work is a must in yugioh

Here you can discuss just about whatever you want
CrystalMusic
Mood:

This is why knowing how spell speed rulings work is a must in yugioh

Post #1 by CrystalMusic » Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:44 pm

https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=200963-12765957

My opponent thinks they can use their monsters quick effect "Vulcan Scorch Brander" (spell speed 2) in response to my counter traps activation

Someone one needs to learn the rulings of spell speeds. You cannot chain a spell speed 1 to a spell speed 2 or 3, you cannot chain a spell speed 2 to a spell speed 3. You can only chain a spell speed 3 to a spell speed 3. U need an equal or greater spell speed to chain. The only things that are spell speed 3's in yugioh are counter traps, therefore if a counter trap is activated you cannot chain it with anything other than your own counter trap!

ImAHappyTomato: "i've chained normal traps to negate attack before and nobody bats an eye"

Thats because your opponents are idiots that dont understand spell speeds!!!
Last edited by CrystalMusic on Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

Water Law

Post #2 by Water Law » Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:51 pm

Cool story, bro.

Neo_Fire_Sonic

Post #3 by Neo_Fire_Sonic » Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:29 pm

I've seen you incorrectly use so many cards that it is just bothersome.
b

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #4 by CrystalMusic » Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:27 pm

Neo_Fire_Sonic wrote:I've seen you incorrectly use so many cards that it is just bothersome.

Did you even watch the replay? I didnt use any cards incorrectly in this duel so WTF are you talking about?
“Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

yumafan30

Post #5 by yumafan30 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:34 pm

I don't think Neo_Fire_Sonic meant incorrect usage of cards coming from you in this replay, but rather other past incidents he witnessed or that were shared here.

LightCaster
Mood:

Post #6 by LightCaster » Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:25 am

Coming from the guy who doesn't know proper card balancing. The last thing you need to worry about is spell speed in customs >_>

Neo_Fire_Sonic

Post #7 by Neo_Fire_Sonic » Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:31 am

Also, seriously dude, what is your reason for the harsh language
It really makes you sound younger and more immature than you are. Not necessary man.
b

Debt

Post #8 by Debt » Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:58 am

CrystalMusic wrote:Did you even watch the replay? I didnt use any cards incorrectly in this duel so WTF are you talking about?

The meaning behind it was "Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones"
You aren't in a place to talk about a lack of fundamental gameplay knowledge when you yourself have a similar deficiency

xDEADCENTREx

Post #9 by xDEADCENTREx » Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:47 am

This is how a 40 year old acts? Pathetic.

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #10 by CrystalMusic » Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:28 pm

xDEADCENTREx wrote:This is how a 40 year old acts? Pathetic.

where did you get that number from? couldnt have been from your brain, you dont have one.

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #11 by CrystalMusic » Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:30 pm

Neo_Fire_Sonic wrote:Also, seriously dude, what is your reason for the harsh language
It really makes you sound younger and more immature than you are. Not necessary man.

my opponent is dumb, they literally admitted to cheating saying that they used their monsters quick effect in response to negate attack which, mind you, negate attack is a counter trap! You cannot chain a quick effect in response to a counter traps activation!

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #12 by CrystalMusic » Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:34 pm

LightCaster wrote:Coming from the guy who doesn't know proper card balancing. The last thing you need to worry about is spell speed in customs >_>

um you should always worry about spell speeds, they make a huge difference in the game. There are 3 spell speeds in total. Counter traps are the only spell speed 3's in the game, they are the fastest effects in the game (not including victory conditions) How fast a card is can make a very huge difference in chaining and activation, both of which are very big parts of Yu-Gi-Oh!

NiwatoriFTW

Post #13 by NiwatoriFTW » Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:55 pm

CrystalMusic wrote:
Neo_Fire_Sonic wrote:Also, seriously dude, what is your reason for the harsh language

my opponent is dumb, they literally admitted to cheating saying that they used their monsters quick effect in response to negate attack which, mind you, negate attack is a counter trap! You cannot chain a quick effect in response to a counter traps activation!

If blatantly cheating ever was a reason for foul language, then you couldn't complain whenever people resorted to that when YOU cheated against them.

This mentality of yours is quite hard to put a finger on:
    You claim that knowing certain rulings is a must in Yu-Gi-Oh, but you refuse to face Pendulums and Links because you don't know about them, whatever be the reason for that.
    For you, people being adamantly wrong in one aspect is enough excuse for foul language against them, and, yet, you condemn when people talk to you like that.
    You try your best to be above everything, but you still can't see the big picture.

You just go with whatever is convenient for you or for your entertainment.
CrystalMusic wrote:
LightCaster wrote:Coming from the guy who doesn't know proper card balancing. The last thing you need to worry about is spell speed in customs >_>

um you should always worry about spell speeds, they make a huge difference in the game. There are 3 spell speeds in total. Counter traps are the only spell speed 3's in the game, they are the fastest effects in the game (not including victory conditions) How fast a card is can make a very huge difference in chaining and activation, both of which are very big parts of Yu-Gi-Oh!

LightCaster meant that, since you make cards that are "immune" to everything, including activation or summoning negation, then why bother learning Spell Speeds? This actually goes in the same lines for your mentality towards some card types, regardless of how much difference they make in the game, as "why bother working harder to finally learn about Pendulums and Links if I can just block them from my duels?"

Neo_Fire_Sonic

Post #14 by Neo_Fire_Sonic » Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:47 pm

CrystalMusic wrote:

Ok then, lets say your opponent is "dumb", why again do you need the harsh language? Not knowing something doesn't always make you dumb, It also means you simply don't know it. So, once again, what is your reason for the harsh language?
b

Auke1993
Mood:

Post #15 by Auke1993 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:53 pm

If your opponent doesn't know a rule, which is possible, please help them.
Especially in the complicated game that is Yu-Gi-Oh, there's always something that someone doesn't know. Even the Yu-Gi-Oh professionals don't know all rulings for every card (interaction).
If you know of a rule your opponent does not, and it becomes a problem in the duel, please be kind and teach your opponent how the ruling works. Using foul language is never the answer.

Have a good day! You are worth it!

xDEADCENTREx

Post #16 by xDEADCENTREx » Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:00 pm

CrystalMusic wrote:
xDEADCENTREx wrote:This is how a 40 year old acts? Pathetic.

where did you get that number from? couldnt have been from your brain, you dont have one.

This is the best flame you got for me? Go back to the psyche ward dude

Return to “Spam Paradise”