Why is this site so dead compared to DN?

Here you can discuss just about whatever you want
solo ieri

Why is this site so dead compared to DN?

Post #1 by solo ieri » Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:33 am

With DN often having user counts in the thousands, the typical user count of around 700 on DB is unimpressive. YCS attendance seems to be up, so what happened to all of the manual online duel lovers?

xDEADCENTREx

Post #2 by xDEADCENTREx » Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:16 pm

The issue is all the trolls that staff refuse to penalize, such as CrystalMusic, who is Toxic in the Custom Section.

Another is the Increase of Duel Rooms, we got a decent amount of a Goat/Meta split because of the "Meta players" and the "Goat format best format" players who prefer true skill.

Then you got everyone that is focused on the new Custom Section, making cards, and flocking to Discord Servers dedicated to making fun, creative and approved cards, and even custom tournaments in discord servers. (I can send you the link for a few, one of which I am a proofreader for).

The main thing however in my opinion, is all the diversity has taken anyone with skill, and either:

A) Made them realize we got a lack of skilled duelists in the top 10 compared to DN, which in most competitive mindsets is a total joke, and no way to test their potential at the game with skill.

B) The lack of admins being online / The amount of time it requires 1 to arrive was usually in my experiences on both, no less than 30 minutes on average.
I will admit at least half of my DB calls were 30+ Minutes, some I refused to call a Judge for and quit because of dumb ruling disputes, some I didn't want to bother wasting time and just duel in a section where I pray to see some skilled duelists.

C) People see the drama from the site, and the lack of ways to handle cases of recurring drama that is detestable makes users find another game or platform to use. Dueling Nexus and YgoPRO both have the option to see what the opponent types, and get more interest IMO because of this trait (Don't believe me, join the Nexus Discord and see it above 500 users active for proof).

D) People got bored, or grew up and realized how inconsistant to the players this game can be, and how frustrating it can be for even the Judges Judging the game, having to have rulings and some are labelled "because konami said so" because there is no logical conclusion to the ruling's arrival. Rulings that fall into this category in card games, should never occur because it causes a spike of interest.

Then you got all the competitive gamers, who harass non competitive gamers and cause them to quit as a result which has happened many times at my locals. So it can be any or even all of these points, and more I missed

Return to “Spam Paradise”