Post rare cards / General collection talk

Here you can discuss just about whatever you want
Alpha Twink

Post rare cards / General collection talk

Post #1 by Alpha Twink » Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:35 am

I have an LOB 1st edition exodia set in near mint condition :3 got it at an affordable price bc its in portuguese haha. hoping to buy a holactie one day to go in the empty slot on the god card page of my binder. i also ordered a secret rare vampire lord from dark crisis today! :D

Post the rarest card you own!
Last edited by Alpha Twink on Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

DuskWill

Post #2 by DuskWill » Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:25 am

Exodia, "O Proibido". Lucky you, there are people who pays extra for cards in foreign languages. I'm not one of those, but I have to live with my copies of Fascinação das Trevas anyways. The upside is that more people here can understand it easily, but, since it's a normal spell with a straightforward effect, it makes almost no difference.

Anyway, I'd say my rarest card is Masked HERO Acid. Not because it's extremely rare or anything, but it hasn't been reprinted yet. I bought it in 2012, about 3 months after it was released, for 5 dollars and saw the price fluctuate between 10 to 40 bucks, if I remember, when HERO decks began to top tournaments. There were times when, if I didn't joined local tournaments, a couple of friends would ask to borrow that Fusion Monster.

Nowadays, it's not that expensive anymore, but it's still not seen as often as I would expect. Nevertheless, I still treasure it and enjoy summoning it using Absolute Zero for the Mask Change. Image
This is...
I saw the strategy I need!

Alpha Twink

Post #3 by Alpha Twink » Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:56 am

definitely one of the coolest masked heroes :D

i just ordered myself a stainless steel dark magician from the japanese 20th box. I'll be a nice centrepiece for the dark magician page in my binder :^)

DuskWill

Post #4 by DuskWill » Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:59 am

I know, I know... old topics being revived are usually frowned upon. However, giving the constant discussion here, I thought about this one that didn't got much attention and perhaps it would lift people's spirits without being at the expense of others.

Following the initial concept I had with Acid, I'll start with two somewhat rarities just for their prints but aren't that commonly used:
Z-One still hasn't got a reprint, so it still holds some value. As for Remove Brainwashing, it's a copy from its first release, so it was pretty valuable back when Kaijus debuted and it wouldn't get a reprint until 2016. Being in Portuguese actually increased its value as well.

Now, two useful ones that still haven't got a reprint, even though their decks aren't that powerful. I was planning to make a Buster Blader deck some time ago, before the latest traps and Link support got released. Buster Dragon only gained value since then. As for Blackwing - Full Armor Master, I completed the deck a bit early as well, so I was kinda surprised it never got a reprint despite being, you know... a Blackwing.

Anyway, share your thoughts.
This is...
I saw the strategy I need!

Return to “Spam Paradise”