open ritual duel challenge

Here you can discuss just about whatever you want
CrystalMusic
Mood:

open ritual duel challenge

Post #1 by CrystalMusic » Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:31 am

rules are simple: deck must be advanced legal and must not contain any of the following cards or archetypes:
- Cu Chulainn The Awakened
- Demise, King of Armageddon
- "Gishki" (This includes Evigishki)
- Garlandolf, The King of Destruction
- Legendary Flame Lord
- Lycanthrope
- Paladin of Photon Dragon
- Amorphactor pain the imagination dracoverlord
- Archfiend's Awakening
- Black Luster Soldier - Super Soldier
- "Blue-Eyes"
- Brotherhood of the firefist - Eland
- "Nephthys" Rituals
- Crealtar the impcantation originator
- "Cyber Angel" Rituals
- "Cyberse" Rituals
- "Chaos" rituals
- "Demise" Rituals
- "Herald" Rituals
- Impcantation Chalislime
- Litmus Doom Swordsman
- "MAX" Rituals
- Magician of Chaos
- "Burning Abyss" rituals
- "Nekroz" rituals
- "Odd-Eyes" rituals
- Paladin of Dark Dragon
- Paladin of Storm Dragon
- "Prediction Princess" rituals
- "Revendread" rituals
- "Ruin" rituals
- Salamangreat Emerald Eagle
- Sauravis the ancient and ascended
- Shinobarron Peacock and Shinobarroness Peacock
- "Vindread" Rituals
- Vennu bright bird of divinity
- Advanced Ritual Art
- Pre-preperation of rites
- Breaking of the world
- Dimensional Barrier
- "Djiin" cards
- Earth Chant
- Evening Twilight Knight
- Gateway to Chaos
- Inspector Boarder
- Odd-eyes Advent
- Preperation of Rites
- Renewal of The World
- Ritual Buster
- Ritual Cage
- Ritual Forgone
- Ritual Raven
- Ritual Sanctuary
- Ritual Sealing
- Sophia, Goddess of Rebirth
- Sphere Kuriboh
- Sprite's Blessing
- Steelswarm Sting
- Super Soldier Ritual
- Super Soldier Synthesis
- Urgent Ritual Art
- Raigeki
- Dark Hole
- Mystical Space Typhoon
- Twin Twisters
- Fusions
- Synchros
- Xyz's
- Pends
- Hand/Card destruction
- Spell Negation

Any other cards as long as they are used purely for ritual summons and nothing more are perfectly ok

Id be surprised if any one of you can make a ritual based deck that doenst use any of cards or archetypes listed above.
Last edited by CrystalMusic on Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
“Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

Debt

Post #2 by Debt » Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:10 am

What's the point of this if you eliminate the vast majority of the rituals in the game? For you to jerk off Shinato, OG Black Luster Soldier and maybe Relinquished without contest? It would've been easier to type out what IS allowed: Non-effect, Relinquished, Shinato, Reshef, Zorc, Paladin of the White Dragon, Lord of Red, Doriado, Northwemko and Saffira. So you're left with an insanely underwhelming roster, to the point where a deck gets better if it opts out of running rituals.

Dal920

Post #3 by Dal920 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:21 pm

#FreeMyNibbaCuChulainn
He did nothing wrong. He doesn't deserve this.

Neo_Fire_Sonic

Post #4 by Neo_Fire_Sonic » Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:56 pm

you forgot chaos form, guess people will be using that against you
b

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #5 by CrystalMusic » Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:28 pm

thanks for telling me neo, now i added that as one that cant be used, next time keep quiet!
“Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #6 by CrystalMusic » Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:29 pm

Debt wrote:What's the point of this if you eliminate the vast majority of the rituals in the game? For you to jerk off Shinato, OG Black Luster Soldier and maybe Relinquished without contest? It would've been easier to type out what IS allowed: Non-effect, Relinquished, Shinato, Reshef, Zorc, Paladin of the White Dragon, Lord of Red, Doriado, Northwemko and Saffira. So you're left with an insanely underwhelming roster, to the point where a deck gets better if it opts out of running rituals.

all i see in this reply is they you cant use rituals unless ur allowed to use ur new ones. and that ur scared to vs my older rituals cas ur scared.

Debt

Post #7 by Debt » Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:33 pm

Your older ritual cards comes down to a choice of 9 cards with Saffira being far and away the best of the bunch. And 9 is being very generous, no one is picking Doriado or Northwemko, paladin would just be used as an excuse to run blue-eyes which you'll then cry about, Zorc is an rng card so only a crazy mofo would run it, and only you'd run Shinato because it's a big dumb block of stats that's not actually good; so we're down to Lord of the Red, Saffira, Reshef and Relinquished being better than the rest. You could say that I'm scared of a collection cards that in the history of the game only 1 has been relevant but that'd just be you're just projecting on to me, the fact is you're scared of actually good cards.

And yes I know that you'll get rid of Saffira and probably Reshef and Lord of Red because this is all a farce so you can say Shinato actually won a game even it it's against a terrible field of competitors

Neo_Fire_Sonic

Post #8 by Neo_Fire_Sonic » Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:56 am

CrystalMusic wrote:thanks for telling me neo, now i added that as one that cant be used, next time keep quiet!

don't tell me what to do
also you just made black luster soldier and magican of black chaos unplayable due to your own rules. black luster ritual and black magic ritual are "chaos" rituals
b

Debt

Post #9 by Debt » Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:24 am

Neo_Fire_Sonic wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:thanks for telling me neo, now i added that as one that cant be used, next time keep quiet!

don't tell me what to do
also you just made black luster soldier and magican of black chaos unplayable due to your own rules. black luster ritual and black magic ritual are "chaos" rituals

inb4 nuh uh
Neo is technically right. In the OCG Black Luster Soldier is called Chaos Soldier and it's ritual spell is Chaos Ritual, magician's ritual spell is Chaos - Black Magic Ritual; and the tcg already acknowledges this albeit in a roundabout way. And if it weren't for the liberties that early translators and Upper Deck took those would be the names of these cards. It's very feasible that in the near future these cards will have text to always designate them as "chaos" cards similar to how Summoned Skull (another victim of the loose naming policy) is always an "archfiend".

NiwatoriFTW

Post #10 by NiwatoriFTW » Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:05 am

I fail to see what's there to accomplish with this challenge.

If it is to focus the attention on the underusage of older ritual monsters, why disallowing newer support to make them consistent?
    If it is to raise the difficulty of using a ritual deck by removing consistency, why only allow the ones with little to no effect?
    If it is to make it look like some old format, why not just play Goat Format?
    Also on that topic, why removing stuff that existed back then, like MST, Hand and Card Destruction and Spell Negating cards, but allowing newer stuff that exists today?

Is it just to surprise or impress you? It mixed so many complications and contradictions at once that the fun is actually compromised on the process. Imagine playing Pokemon online like that:

Lists a bunch of bug-type pokemon from 1st generation only that can be used;
    Sets up the system to have no abilities, natures or items, because they didn't exist back then;
    There can be no newer moves that increase a stat that didn't exist back then, nor moves that the Pokemon learned on level-up only in newer generations;
    No status ailment moves.

xDEADCENTREx

Post #11 by xDEADCENTREx » Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:50 pm

CrystalMusic wrote:
Debt wrote:What's the point of this if you eliminate the vast majority of the rituals in the game? For you to jerk off Shinato, OG Black Luster Soldier and maybe Relinquished without contest? It would've been easier to type out what IS allowed: Non-effect, Relinquished, Shinato, Reshef, Zorc, Paladin of the White Dragon, Lord of Red, Doriado, Northwemko and Saffira. So you're left with an insanely underwhelming roster, to the point where a deck gets better if it opts out of running rituals.

all i see in this reply is they you cant use rituals unless ur allowed to use ur new ones. and that ur scared to vs my older rituals cas ur scared.

You said scared twice, and the only people that do such simple grammar errors, are the inbreds that got no brainpower in this generation.

You must feel incredibly overwhelmed by everyone smarter than you. Commence Noose and Chair now or be exposed to more of the stuff you dislike. You clearly are just aggravated no one likes your themes, you cannot take constructive critisism (at all), and you refuse to make the game fun for anyone EXCEPT yourself. Let's face it, you don't want to interact with people like a normal person, you just want to use the site and the board to take your anger out on the world, and laugh at anyone that opposes you.

We call those emos, and what's bad about that is most of them are occupying their time with self harming. Sure pissing others off is better than harming yourself, but you fail to realize the psychologicial effects it causes some people, and you fail to care. Why should anyone care about you? Honestly most people around you would want you to kill yourself and get your pathetic life over with, however I find that a rather sad route that your life has boiled down to you being a toxic lil shit.

xDEADCENTREx

Post #12 by xDEADCENTREx » Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:52 pm

NiwatoriFTW wrote:I fail to see what's there to accomplish with this challenge.

If it is to focus the attention on the underusage of older ritual monsters, why disallowing newer support to make them consistent?
    If it is to raise the difficulty of using a ritual deck by removing consistency, why only allow the ones with little to no effect?
    If it is to make it look like some old format, why not just play Goat Format?
    Also on that topic, why removing stuff that existed back then, like MST, Hand and Card Destruction and Spell Negating cards, but allowing newer stuff that exists today?

I found out they tried Goat Format, and they got overwhelmed. Probably because it's not in their ability to play something with skill?

Return to “Spam Paradise”