Issues with the Site

Here you can discuss just about whatever you want
__Blank__
Mood:

Issues with the Site

Post #1 by __Blank__ » Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:53 pm

Moderators who let the site die without trying to revive it because they know it's going to die - Logically this is bad, as this means you got moderators who are suppose to be adding new content, moderate posts, increase site traffic and activity

What you got are: Moderators who post little-nothing as far as new content goes, as far as approving or deleting threads go I couldn't imagine if that got done or is a joke as well, but as far as content and creating it goes, they'd rather do the task of dueling on DB than creating ideas, and sitting down to discuss how they can make the forum better going into 2019.

Admins: They only care about the "reason" they were called, and not the "reason they are needed", as a result the only action taken is what is determined half the time by the nature of the call, and call button misuse is a thing of the ancient past.

As far as Tournaments are concerned: What are those again, do you mean Wars, those things with the Duelists fighting for uh.... #1?
No this is Tournaments, where you compete 1v1 for the title of best in a 2/3 Single Elimination Format...
So wars?
No Tournaments? We haven't hosted one in so long you can search "Official Tournaments" and find November on the list, we are in January, the....?

Yeah are we waiting for everything to die at this point, did the staff cave in and give up? Find out on the next episode of: How many fucks the staff truly give about you: Revealed!

Re-Qliate

Post #2 by Re-Qliate » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:08 am

I totally agree with you

__Blank__
Mood:

Post #3 by __Blank__ » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:18 am

I ragequit Ozone Chat, quit being a host, and gave up on this site to the point I will buy cards in real life, because I cannot handle these things:

Cheaters do not get banned: Instead they troll that they are new and do not know what they are doing, Judge takes their word, thinks for 5 seconds, and believes them, however they refuse to check the logs when you tell them to, unless you "harass them to do it" but then you risk harassment penalties so what's the point?

You try to get a rated match in, and your opponent does not know how to Move Cards from Field Zone to Monster Zone to Change Control, because you Toadally Awesome'd their Kozmotown, and they do not get set to beginner.

I feel that honestly it should be treated as "If you do not know x, and it's basic or common sense, or a computer mechanic for the game, to set said player to beginner so they can get used to...... No let's keep them in rated until someone harasses them until they kill themself over a stupid game and/or leave the site, we do not care if they go to another site.

Further I got a DM of Ideas I sent to Lantern:

Strike NinjaToday at 2:17 PM
So real talk
What is the TO plan for the Tournament Section?
What is Genex Plan for Custom Tournaments?
What is the Forums Plan for moving forward in 2019?

LanternToday at 2:17 PM
Going over the replay I realize the person was asking about moving a card from field to monster zone the entire chat, and I mistook it as something "else"
It would be nice if the players using the site were forced to learn the mechanics of the site before using it.
Like a restricter for amount of duels played before they can play rated
Perhaps set it to 10?
Idk but I would like to recommend this feature to you.
Using myself as a scapegoat here, players often do not want to play against a new player, and as such if this were implemented it could reduce on the new players entering rated, and reduce on frustrations among other users, that gear more towards competitive.
When I say new, I do not mean new to the game, I mean new in the slang sense, of not knowing how to duel, read cards, do what they are doing etc. to be clear
Just a thought

LanternToday at 2:22 PM
Similar ideas have been suggested in the past. I really don't think it's going to change. But who knows.

Strike NinjaToday at 2:22 PM
Well I can tell you this
You are losing people that use the rated pool over this already.
Myself I like to think of this as more of a solution to it

LanternToday at 2:23 PM
If people don't want to play on the site, they're free to find alternative sites.

Strike NinjaToday at 2:23 PM
That's the passive aggressive mentality
No wonder the site is dying

LanternToday at 2:23 PM
Everything is dying.

Strike NinjaToday at 2:24 PM
Faster
You know what I mean troll
lol
We know it will eventually die
doesn't mean people in a position to help out, shouldn't
but to each their own
aggressive thinking is how shit happens
passive aggressive like most of DB staff
is how you get nothing new accomplished and sit with what you have
eventually it will get boring
and people will leave
BUT
if you put effort into it, and help it grow into a community of caring people who help each other out
imagine what you COULD be accomplishing
and instead I get this
"its already dying"?
are you dead inside too?
I used to be, then I was reborn

LanternToday at 2:26 PM
Stop...

So yeah this is legit, and I already showed the Image proof around my past hosts, and others around the area, to show them how much their "It's my chat" moderator gives a fuck for the site.

Exposure is awesome, but seriously, I cannot handle it. It's toxic to my mentality and I made the decision I have to leave, and I smoke Marajuana a LOT.

{DaRk_KinGs} Maverick

Post #4 by {DaRk_KinGs} Maverick » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:30 am

nice chain user pic mate, just started watching hxg myself.
just join a clan to be honest. the reason i made one is to create a non toxic environment away from db.

Lost in Illusions

Post #5 by Lost in Illusions » Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:34 am

u giving like ot everyone who posts here so gimmi too plz im a slut

and ye TOs trash

__Blank__
Mood:

Post #6 by __Blank__ » Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:49 pm

Lost in Illusions wrote:u giving like ot everyone who posts here so gimmi too plz im a slut

and ye TOs trash

Just TOs? Man even the Judges are trash

I called Runzy out on not hosting in DM, they tried the excuse game, and I afk'ed

Not even 20 minutes later Emo Time leads to retirement, because they realize they haven't been active for shit when it comes to hosting.

At least they got a brain doe and know to retire when they cannot do the job.

Lost in Illusions

Post #7 by Lost in Illusions » Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:02 am

__Blank__ wrote:
Lost in Illusions wrote:u giving like ot everyone who posts here so gimmi too plz im a slut

and ye TOs trash

I called Runzy out on not hosting in DM, they tried the excuse game, and I afk'ed

Not even 20 minutes later Emo Time leads to retirement, because they realize they haven't been active for shit when it comes to hosting.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
when you believe when runzy says "ill retire" AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHHA

Twisted Soul

Post #8 by Twisted Soul » Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:49 am

Lost in Illusions wrote:
__Blank__ wrote:

and ye TOs trash

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Lmfaooooooooooo
Until we meet again.

__Blank__
Mood:

Post #9 by __Blank__ » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:10 pm

Twisted Soul wrote:
Lost in Illusions wrote:
__Blank__ wrote:Just TOs? Man even the Judges are trash

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Lmfaooooooooooo

He really should, all he does is take admin calls, and use it as excuse for not hosting tournaments. When you see him say "I host x y and z days" and they don't host on any of them and keep them because "ill host, i told you not today, etc"

I will give them credit for caring enough to do "their job" as a Judge, and not use excuses to not retire. They have a reason to remain a Judge, but damn I see so many with positions that do literally "shit all" and those ones in my opinion could use replacing with people who actually contribute.

Twisted Soul

Post #10 by Twisted Soul » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:21 pm

__Blank__ wrote:
Twisted Soul wrote:
Lost in Illusions wrote:

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Lmfaooooooooooo

He really should, all he does is take admin calls, and use it as excuse for not hosting tournaments. When you see him say "I host x y and z days" and they don't host on any of them and keep them because "ill host, i told you not today, etc"

I will give them credit for caring enough to do "their job" as a Judge, and not use excuses to not retire. They have a reason to remain a Judge, but damn I see so many with positions that do literally "shit all" and those ones in my opinion could use replacing with people who actually contribute.

Or stop telling people what to do and idk focus on yourself? Main priority will always be judging while tournaments is secondary, if I cannot host always then hiring people who can is one of the things I help with.
Until we meet again.

__Blank__
Mood:

Post #11 by __Blank__ » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:30 pm

Hiring who, no one, or inactives?

__Blank__
Mood:

Post #12 by __Blank__ » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:31 pm

Why don't you view the Tournament's hosted by Official TOs, and tell me how many are alisae, and not OTHER people who idle their as Purple

Not telling you what to do, but what to focus on, but you do not care. I will wait for everyone to leave the site and then when you realize these issues are why it goes dead, maybe then you will finally give a .....

https://imgur.com/5m2SXZI

When you go half ass emo on me, lie to my face, then bitch at me when I do half ass, you look like a damn hippocrite there runzy.

Wanna tell the whole truth yet brother?

Lost in Illusions

Post #13 by Lost in Illusions » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:52 pm

tldr

tourney scene die once i get bored again

__Blank__
Mood:

Post #14 by __Blank__ » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:52 pm

Also who cares for Judges when barely anyone uses rated, because no Judges are online majority of the time?

Why aide a dying section, when you can focus on another area that has so much more potential like Custom Tournaments as a TO? Why not host tournaments actively as a TO Team? (I mean the entire staff when I say this)

Why focus on rated if the issue is NOT ENOUGH JUDGES? So people can compete for a statistic and drama, instead of something fun, eventful and NOT META?

Braindead.Jpeg

Twisted Soul

Post #15 by Twisted Soul » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:34 pm

__Blank__ wrote:Why don't you view the Tournament's hosted by Official TOs, and tell me how many are alisae, and not OTHER people who idle their as Purple

Not telling you what to do, but what to focus on, but you do not care. I will wait for everyone to leave the site and then when you realize these issues are why it goes dead, maybe then you will finally give a .....

When you go half ass emo on me, lie to my face, then bitch at me when I do half ass, you look like a damn hippocrite there runzy.

I did retire and got talked out of it, still don't have much passion for tournaments rn but thinking about tournaments I'd be happy to host / wouldn't find boring and that others would find interesting and want to partake in. You can keep on assuming things thats fine as they aren't true so sure. Also the rest of these is just...yea idk dude. I think custom tournaments are fun and alisae is currently hosting them which is neat and nice to see. Ill admit that not every host is active as they would like to be including myself of course. As alisae is hosting custom tournaments I am sure soon more hosts will start to do the same and we will start to build on our own desired custom format and how we want to run it. That's all I am saying on this topic imo.
Until we meet again.

__Blank__
Mood:

Post #16 by __Blank__ » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:10 pm

Twisted Soul wrote:
__Blank__ wrote:Why don't you view the Tournament's hosted by Official TOs, and tell me how many are alisae, and not OTHER people who idle their as Purple

I did retire and got talked out of it, still don't have much passion for tournaments rn but thinking about tournaments I'd be happy to host / wouldn't find boring and that others would find interesting and want to partake in. You can keep on assuming things thats fine as they aren't true so sure. Also the rest of these is just...yea idk dude. I think custom tournaments are fun and alisae is currently hosting them which is neat and nice to see. Ill admit that not every host is active as they would like to be including myself of course. As alisae is hosting custom tournaments I am sure soon more hosts will start to do the same and we will start to build on our own desired custom format and how we want to run it. That's all I am saying on this topic imo.

First I want to appreciate what you do, for the site. I do not always say it and because I focus on the negatives I guess I am coming off as a huge asshole for my opinions. Anyways I do appreciate what you do as a Judge for the Site. I do have a lot of issues wording myself, especially when aggitated, so if this comes out wrong, lmk and I will try to re-structure it to give the message I intend.

So you got talked out of it, well respect for helping out.
Seems more like the issue is "I do not like the formats I host" and I can see why Custom Cards, or other formats would be interesting, you could also contribute some unofficial ideas too my brother, like I did Double Trouble on DNF once, and the only rule change was LP (Literally doubled) and expected people to recall "Ancient Leaf" as a card, people thought "oh boring double life take longer" but if people ran 3x Ancient Leaf, that would be 6k gone already..... Stuff like this I find helps keep my interest, and I found a lot liked GOAT, and when I hosted DGz even joined in on them. I felt it may connect communities together if I kept hosting GOAT and did so. Some wanted Exarion format, and I denied them that because obvious reasons, namely that Cyber Dragon was said to be released at the same time or close to, and issues with having to potentially add more than exarion universe than wanted.

I do not appreciate being told "that's fine as it's not true" without being disclosed what the truth is. That happened on DN also, and you recall the whole "Conspiracy Theory" chaos back then? Hiding how we feel and getting out our opinion, and exposing staff when they do not give a ..... is how I Roll.

I got the Info from the Post with Lantern, and CP'ed it here because image coding isn't working, but I have sent uploaded screenshots to other users to laugh about the DMs I got, all the way from lantern telling me "users can use an alternative" as a "solution to the trolls" in retort to my idea to give it a Practice Ranked and Ranked system akin to the idea Town of Salem Uses and trial it. Fact is staff members whether it's all of you or some of you, do not care.

I spammed Genexwrecker to find out about Tournaments, and I guess I bug them too much that they refuse to reply back about it at all. That or they are too "busy" with.... what?

Majority of the Hosts are inactive, you got creeperman, alisae, yourself, yang, and 1 other person I cannot recall, hosting. The rest do anything relating to a chat communication system with the rest of the staff, do no forum posts, haven't hosted an official since before november 24th and to my "experience" they are doing nothing. Image is a thing too my friend.

I am sure soon more hosts will start to do the same and we will start to build on our own desired custom format and how we want to run it.

Now as a User I am sure the reverse will happen, because I see a lot of talk (including from genexwrecker about works with custom cards?) and from my perspective no action has been decided upon. No new ideas are being in the works barring Custom Format, and this Timer running for the concepts for it, of which have yet to be implemented.

The issue is we got a low playerbase to the point I duel the same people all the time, and these promises with no action over 2+ months make people hesitate to stick around, feel they are being lied to, and eventually they leave the site "because bullshit this that".

This causes a decline of players, but I won't preach anymore on this topic, I did it a LOT in DMs and threads to express how I feel about the state of the site and the forum long enough, and I am getting worked up to the point I am dropping the discussion on it.

I am done arguing with a bunch of excuse makers. Thanks for the talk my man, and you are not "the" issue, just I use actions as examples to show points throughout (Same as I did using bisou as an example before if you remember that)

Barron Trump
Mood:

Post #17 by Barron Trump » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:25 am

Long post incoming:

Blank, I understand your concern for the lack of activity here and on DB along with issues going on with the public and judges as here and there we see screens of mistakes. I can't blame you for being concerned or upset about it mostly though I have to tell you that sites really don't last too long as far as activity/interests go unless there's a mutual interest among a core/half of the users on said sites. When I was showed this site before it went live I thought "wow what year was is this 2007?" because of the forums looks but I understood that it was mostly just for db issues/etc nothing major. It's one of the many reasons why I didn't waste time to invest into it forums wise. There really wasn't [from what I was told] plans to make tournament/warring scenes.

People could do their own thing which some did but over time they mostly failed due to mismanagement, users cheating, disagreements and people just really HATE losing. Idk how many mesgs I got to help start up or help run server's/tournaments/warring/etc. I mainly expressed not wanting to do anything because I was either busy with things or just didn't want to have the issue dealing with people. I had a team or was in a team & only joined staff on said servers because I wanted to help be involved or someone I trust to stick by asked for help. With the amount of drama, cheating and even staff abuse from LPG I literally just burnt out from wanting to do anything. Every time something new popped up the activity would drop once they came over. Not saying they're the full cause but enough of it did help burn a lot of bridges/servers that were warring. When warring started up on DB after a broke 1st attempt things got going but then all of a sudden there was issues with GOA/Ozone and LPG/Another user iirc then it all broke down after that as you can see with the DBF server [non official]. Ozone was the last group to help out with warring and even DGz took a shit because you know interest is lost especially weird rules/etc.

So that's what happened with warring here. Tournaments wise idk, I've only been joining ycs types because of my timezone. I've had plenty of people ask me to host on different servers but it's hard to have not only the time to do it but still be able to have the passion to host again. So at that time I've declined not to. I do hear about things being dead around here because of my team server but I do know that off site there are tournaments being host. It's mostly on facebook and they're either money entries & cash pay out or free to play with dono prize but you have to read/type in spanish or whatever zodiac does. I think reddit does tournaments monthly I think besides CYO. Hosting can be very repetitive and time consuming if you do it constantly but if you have a lot of free time it's alright. I can't speak for the TOs here because I don't know if they're bored, burned out, not enough funds for prizes or whatever. I have no idea on that matter. Though as far as finding other hosts it's almost near impossible now as people aren't interested in hosting, aren't experienced, you have tougher hiring restrictions, nothing in it for them hosting or don't have the time to do this job. People have jobs, school, drop yugioh to play other video games, etc. Yugioh irl is doing good still as I've recently went to an event here in Cali & there was 1.4k in attendance. I think European YCS's are doing good numbers too.

So not finding enough staff to cover tournament hosting, the site wanting to keep this more than just db issues, the warring interest dropping near to zero, the site not being attractive enough to want to invest time into, personal life, personal differences with people that have servers to do either, some sort of corruption in said sites/servers and not enough chances with others to hold a staff position to help is mostly where we're all at now. I mean judges is one thing but history often repeats itself. I haven't had an issue with a judge in my experience [again I don't play enough in rated] but I've seen others do because of them not handling an issue correctly. My best advice is to play on automatic programs or start your own site/server this way you control things & can make decisions you think would be best. Now bringing people to play in a no prize tournament is an extremely hard thing to do now, as even getting an 8 man tournament for dono takes long. You kinda have to be creative now, especially in a competitive environment that requires some sort of product to be worth of participating in. Not a lot of people are interested in past formats, custom ban lists are here and there too. This advice is something I hate to give but it's the reality nowadays. It's not 2012-2014 anymore. All those people who were in public school have graduated high school and are in college/service/working/lost interest in this game for other things. There was no incoming generation of players to replace them with. There's a lot of blame that can be given but I'm an idealist who would like to find solutions.

Anyways I hope my reply somewhat can help. Cheers.

__Blank__
Mood:

Post #18 by __Blank__ » Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:57 pm

It really does help to know the history for sure Barron Trump, and I am realizing a lot of people, from pros, to staff to other users are noting things that can definitely be improved upon if the focus was there for it, no doubt about that. I also find myself being what you call "an idealist" because I have over 5+ years of what I call "Staff abuse" from DuelingNetwork that I beat once it was shut down, that is recurring from visiting DuelingBook myself, and I feel this may also be another reason why people avoid it, whether they have experienced some sort of Mental Health PTSD because of abuse - not caring - lack of people to fill shoes for positions - lack of actual progress for what they once loved - and I also feel some when they "move on from the site" realize their Mental Health balances out more because there is no drama involved.

Myself I enjoyed the idea of coming back to "A better version of Dueling Network, where users can access the logs to call their opponent out on being a liar" to "Verifying mandatory actions that are public knowledge that an opponent refuses to answer" to "Cheating because no admins are on / as soon as one goes on duty they leave the duel to avoid getting caught and no one reports those either" and I got to say so Staff don't feel I am calling BS on JUST them, there is also Users to blame, the ones that do the stuff that warrants ban this and that causing the issues to begin with, over something as stupid as "if I lose my ELO drops I will stall / cheat to win". The ones that do wait to report it the admin half ass'ed reads through, and determines no fault on the opponent, and often that is enough to make you quit rated for sure.

Myself I do not care about such statistics, and I use the handle Blank, a Character who NEVER loses in the show. You got to ask yourself wouldn't I care and be obsessed with rating with such a name, and I honestly do not care about my statistics, I only ever gave a .... about statistics because War Teams used them to determine "how good you are" and most competitive teams wanted you to meet a bare minimum of passing x amount of test matches or have the all pro for matches achieved (achievement or none).

Lost in Illusions

Post #19 by Lost in Illusions » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:06 pm

Barron Trump wrote:Long post incoming:

Blank, I understand your concern for the lack of activity here and on DB along with issues going on with the public and judges as here and there we see screens of mistakes. I can't blame you for being concerned or upset about it mostly though I have to tell you that sites really don't last too long as far as activity/interests go unless there's a mutual interest among a core/half of the users on said sites. When I was showed this site before it went live I thought "wow what year was is this 2007?" because of the forums looks but I understood that it was mostly just for db issues/etc nothing major. It's one of the many reasons why I didn't waste time to invest into it forums wise. There really wasn't [from what I was told] plans to make tournament/warring scenes.

People could do their own thing which some did but over time they mostly failed due to mismanagement, users cheating, disagreements and people just really HATE losing. Idk how many mesgs I got to help start up or help run server's/tournaments/warring/etc. I mainly expressed not wanting to do anything because I was either busy with things or just didn't want to have the issue dealing with people. I had a team or was in a team & only joined staff on said servers because I wanted to help be involved or someone I trust to stick by asked for help. With the amount of drama, cheating and even staff abuse from LPG I literally just burnt out from wanting to do anything. Every time something new popped up the activity would drop once they came over. Not saying they're the full cause but enough of it did help burn a lot of bridges/servers that were warring. When warring started up on DB after a broke 1st attempt things got going but then all of a sudden there was issues with GOA/Ozone and LPG/Another user iirc then it all broke down after that as you can see with the DBF server [non official]. Ozone was the last group to help out with warring and even DGz took a shit because you know interest is lost especially weird rules/etc.

So that's what happened with warring here. Tournaments wise idk, I've only been joining ycs types because of my timezone. I've had plenty of people ask me to host on different servers but it's hard to have not only the time to do it but still be able to have the passion to host again. So at that time I've declined not to. I do hear about things being dead around here because of my team server but I do know that off site there are tournaments being host. It's mostly on facebook and they're either money entries & cash pay out or free to play with dono prize but you have to read/type in spanish or whatever zodiac does. I think reddit does tournaments monthly I think besides CYO. Hosting can be very repetitive and time consuming if you do it constantly but if you have a lot of free time it's alright. I can't speak for the TOs here because I don't know if they're bored, burned out, not enough funds for prizes or whatever. I have no idea on that matter. Though as far as finding other hosts it's almost near impossible now as people aren't interested in hosting, aren't experienced, you have tougher hiring restrictions, nothing in it for them hosting or don't have the time to do this job. People have jobs, school, drop yugioh to play other video games, etc. Yugioh irl is doing good still as I've recently went to an event here in Cali & there was 1.4k in attendance. I think European YCS's are doing good numbers too.

So not finding enough staff to cover tournament hosting, the site wanting to keep this more than just db issues, the warring interest dropping near to zero, the site not being attractive enough to want to invest time into, personal life, personal differences with people that have servers to do either, some sort of corruption in said sites/servers and not enough chances with others to hold a staff position to help is mostly where we're all at now. I mean judges is one thing but history often repeats itself. I haven't had an issue with a judge in my experience [again I don't play enough in rated] but I've seen others do because of them not handling an issue correctly. My best advice is to play on automatic programs or start your own site/server this way you control things & can make decisions you think would be best. Now bringing people to play in a no prize tournament is an extremely hard thing to do now, as even getting an 8 man tournament for dono takes long. You kinda have to be creative now, especially in a competitive environment that requires some sort of product to be worth of participating in. Not a lot of people are interested in past formats, custom ban lists are here and there too. This advice is something I hate to give but it's the reality nowadays. It's not 2012-2014 anymore. All those people who were in public school have graduated high school and are in college/service/working/lost interest in this game for other things. There was no incoming generation of players to replace them with. There's a lot of blame that can be given but I'm an idealist who would like to find solutions.

Anyways I hope my reply somewhat can help. Cheers.

essay incoming too.

2012-2014 was the golden era of online ygo, the best generation. we had people who actually used their brain to do shit instead of doing random bullshit. theres a very easy way to revive the tournament scene without hiring any new people or asking for tips or copying ppl's work, but our official TOs fail to see it and im not generous enough to guide people for things i dont care about.

and for the people who asked for tips, here's my tip: Image

btw i lied, i still dont drop essays

Return to “Spam Paradise”