Obligatory "Last Person to Comment Wins" Thread

Here you can discuss just about whatever you want
AnimeMasterDub

Re: Obligatory "Last Person to Comment Wins" Thread

Post #2541 by AnimeMasterDub » Mon Oct 17, 2022 12:17 am

Lil Oldman wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:Technically speaking, there are, not sure of GX, but:
5Ds has the Signer/Duel Dragons, along the Nordic Gods.
Zexal has the Numbers.
Arc-V has the Dimensional Dragons.
Vrains has the Cyberse cards as a whole/Link 5 and 6 monsters.
That they don't use the DIVINE attribute and the Divine Beast type is more of a balancing act, not to mention it limits the design of said cards.

God Cards came in a set of 3 so after 5ds there wasn't any kind of god cards
Although I guess we can consider odd-eyes wing, odd-eyes venom, and odd-eyes rebellion as god cards for arc v since the summoning requirements were combining odd-eyes with one of the other dimensional dragons but that is my speculation due to the fact of how they were summoned in the anime.
As for Zexal they could have made something like a God Number card for Utopia, Galaxy-Eyes, and Shark Drake

And now you are gonna say Yuga and playmaker arent real Yugioh Protagonists because of the 2500 ATK rule.

What are you talking about Firewall Dragon has 2500 atk

Slitina

Post #2542 by Slitina » Mon Oct 17, 2022 1:04 am

Nah we all know Yusaku’s ace monster is Decode Talker.
Reincarnate from the flames! Reincarnation Link Summon! Be reborn! Link 3 Salamangreat Heatleo! Image

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #2543 by Lil Oldman » Mon Oct 17, 2022 1:16 am

AnimeMasterDub wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:God Cards came in a set of 3 so after 5ds there wasn't any kind of god cards
Although I guess we can consider odd-eyes wing, odd-eyes venom, and odd-eyes rebellion as god cards for arc v since the summoning requirements were combining odd-eyes with one of the other dimensional dragons but that is my speculation due to the fact of how they were summoned in the anime.
As for Zexal they could have made something like a God Number card for Utopia, Galaxy-Eyes, and Shark Drake

And now you are gonna say Yuga and playmaker arent real Yugioh Protagonists because of the 2500 ATK rule.

Okay, the argument appears once again. So time to whip out my opinion.
First off, Decode and Firewall was originally treated to being the next Junk Warrior/Flame Wingman and Stardust Dragon/Neos. There's no denying that Decode was planned to be phased out of the series. However, that wasn't what ended up happening.
1. Versions
All Yugioh Aces have variants of them, and when comparing Decode Talker (11 different versions) to Firewall Dragon (4 different versions). You can argue that Clock and Quantun should count, but in my opinion, they don't ressemble Firewall in any significant way, nor follow the same naming convention as it.
2. Anime Appearances
Compared with Firewall, Decode pretty much outshined it. Firewall (and it's variants) only was summoned about 8 times (Twice against Revolver, twice against Go, twice against Bohman and twice against Ai) while Decode Talker was summoned a lot more times. Just in the 4th match against Revolver, Playmaker summoned them 4 times (Trans, Ex, Power, and Decode) Excode being vital to beating Ghost Girl and Spectre, Shootingcode also being important against Bohman and Blood Sheperd (although it was handled properly the second time). Decode has also done more final strikes than Firewall, it finishing both Revolver and Ai, while Firewall only finished off Bohman (as darkfluid).
3. Parallels with Ai
It sounds odd that Ai's Ace, isn't a parallel to Firewall Dragon, but instead it looking eerily similar to Decode Talker, not only in design, but in stat line as well.
4. Marketing
While the anime OPs are pretty balanced in who to give representation, with With the Wind shining both, Go Forward Firewall, and Calling with Decode, this isn't true for the other piece of Ygo, the TCG, while they both have pretty much the same Booster representation (Code pf the Duelist, Dark Neostorm and Chaos Impact for Firewall and Extreme Force, Eternity Code and Burst of Destiny for Decode although the last one by technicality), the Duel Power Box represent the Vrains world with Decode Talker, instead of Firewall. Also, with the recent addition to Duel Links, Playmaker has 3 Skills that directly mention the Code Talkers, with only 1 addressing Firewall (Which also addresses the Code Talkers.)
For this and more, is why I think Decode Talker is Playmaker's true ace. Probably we will see it change when Cyberstorm Access reveals it's cover card, but until then, thank you for coming to my Ted Talk.
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."
Help I cannot remove this music from my head
https://youtu.be/ZuXI7qcNsHQ
Will try reviewing custom cards if they look interesting.

AnimeMasterDub

Post #2544 by AnimeMasterDub » Tue Oct 18, 2022 1:43 am

Lil Oldman wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:And now you are gonna say Yuga and playmaker arent real Yugioh Protagonists because of the 2500 ATK rule.

First off, Decode and Firewall was originally treated to being the next Junk Warrior/Flame Wingman and Stardust Dragon/Neos. There's no denying that Decode was planned to be phased out of the series. However, that wasn't what ended up happening.
1. Versions
All Yugioh Aces have variants of them, and when comparing Decode Talker (11 different versions) to Firewall Dragon (4 different versions). You can argue that Clock and Quantun should count, but in my opinion, they don't ressemble Firewall in any significant way, nor follow the same naming convention as it.
2. Anime Appearances
Compared with Firewall, Decode pretty much outshined it. Firewall (and it's variants) only was summoned about 8 times (Twice against Revolver, twice against Go, twice against Bohman and twice against Ai) while Decode Talker was summoned a lot more times. Just in the 4th match against Revolver, Playmaker summoned them 4 times (Trans, Ex, Power, and Decode) Excode being vital to beating Ghost Girl and Spectre, Shootingcode also being important against Bohman and Blood Sheperd (although it was handled properly the second time). Decode has also done more final strikes than Firewall, it finishing both Revolver and Ai, while Firewall only finished off Bohman (as darkfluid).
3. Parallels with Ai
It sounds odd that Ai's Ace, isn't a parallel to Firewall Dragon, but instead it looking eerily similar to Decode Talker, not only in design, but in stat line as well.
4. Marketing
While the anime OPs are pretty balanced in who to give representation, with With the Wind shining both, Go Forward Firewall, and Calling with Decode, this isn't true for the other piece of Ygo, the TCG, while they both have pretty much the same Booster representation (Code pf the Duelist, Dark Neostorm and Chaos Impact for Firewall and Extreme Force, Eternity Code and Burst of Destiny for Decode although the last one by technicality), the Duel Power Box represent the Vrains world with Decode Talker, instead of Firewall. Also, with the recent addition to Duel Links, Playmaker has 3 Skills that directly mention the Code Talkers, with only 1 addressing Firewall (Which also addresses the Code Talkers.)
For this and more, is why I think Decode Talker is Playmaker's true ace. Probably we will see it change when Cyberstorm Access reveals it's cover card, but until then, thank you for coming to my Ted Talk.

counter to your claim if we include manga monsters Jaden in the gx manga had a boss monster known as Terra Firma an elemental hero fusion monster with no retrained counter parts or alternate version of itself and he had 2500 atk and yet he is considered the boss monster for Jaden in the manga.

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #2545 by Lil Oldman » Tue Oct 18, 2022 2:59 am

AnimeMasterDub wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:What are you talking about Firewall Dragon has 2500 atk

1. Versions
2. Anime Appearances
3. Parallels with Ai
4. Marketing

counter to your claim if we include manga monsters Jaden in the gx manga had a boss monster known as Terra Firma an elemental hero fusion monster with no retrained counter parts or alternate version of itself and he had 2500 atk and yet he is considered the boss monster for Jaden in the manga.

What does that have to do with Decode Talker and Firewall Dragon?
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."

AnimeMasterDub

Post #2546 by AnimeMasterDub » Tue Oct 18, 2022 10:09 pm

Lil Oldman wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:Okay, the argument appears once again. So time to whip out my opinion.
1. Versions
2. Anime Appearances
3. Parallels with Ai
4. Marketing

it explains that just because a boss monster like Firewall Dragon has less alternate or retrained forms than decode talker doesn't mean that decode talker is the boss monster

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #2547 by Lil Oldman » Tue Oct 18, 2022 10:19 pm

AnimeMasterDub wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:counter to your claim if we include manga monsters Jaden in the gx manga had a boss monster known as Terra Firma an elemental hero fusion monster with no retrained counter parts or alternate version of itself and he had 2500 atk and yet he is considered the boss monster for Jaden in the manga.

it explains that just because a boss monster like Firewall Dragon has less alternate or retrained forms than decode talker doesn't mean that decode talker is the boss monster

That's an exception, not the norm. You still need to explain stuff like Decode being way more focused in the anime than Firewall. Why is Decode the Duel Power card.

troglyte
Mood:

Post #2548 by troglyte » Tue Oct 18, 2022 10:34 pm

Lil Oldman wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:What does that have to do with Decode Talker and Firewall Dragon?

That's an exception, not the norm. You still need to explain stuff like Decode being way more focused in the anime than Firewall. Why is Decode the Duel Power card.

My theory is that Firewall was orignally going to be the ace monster, but then it got banned in the TCG and they decided to pivot, because there's no point in promoting banned cards.

To me, Firewall is the BLS of VRAINS.
Crab Turtle respects your pronouns.
he/him
Sign the Crab Turtle petition here! http://chng.it/J4rvHFFfZG

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #2549 by Lil Oldman » Tue Oct 18, 2022 10:42 pm

Bruh did no one read my essay
Totally, Firewall follows a lot of the checkmarks, being the first cover card in a series, the 2500 ATK which was standard back then, but after the ban decode became the back up plan.

AnimeMasterDub

Post #2550 by AnimeMasterDub » Wed Oct 19, 2022 12:52 am

Lil Oldman wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:What does that have to do with Decode Talker and Firewall Dragon?

Same reason as flame wingman

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #2551 by Lil Oldman » Wed Oct 19, 2022 1:01 am

AnimeMasterDub wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:it explains that just because a boss monster like Firewall Dragon has less alternate or retrained forms than decode talker doesn't mean that decode talker is the boss monster

Same reason as flame wingman

You really need to explain yourself better...
What reason as flame wingman?

PENMASTER

Post #2552 by PENMASTER » Wed Oct 19, 2022 1:07 am

flame wingman got dropped hard when neos came out and is still second in every category to neos
love2hate

ikakku

Post #2553 by ikakku » Sun Mar 19, 2023 1:08 pm

Hall of shame
***** noobs, arrogant players, ignorant admins ther ebroke Laws
but i forget it all times duelingnetwork say hello xD
name changed, the idiots are the same xDD
retarded admins, arrogant players and stuipid controller
disobeying and breaking laws
u are not better then Putin or Kim jong-un

get covid and die painfull

greg503

Post #2554 by greg503 » Sun Mar 19, 2023 2:12 pm

ikakku wrote:Hall of shame
***** noobs, arrogant players, ignorant admins ther ebroke Laws
but i forget it all times duelingnetwork say hello xD
name changed, the idiots are the same xDD

With such blatant toxicity, I'd be surprised if a mod hasn't contacted you to say "be nice"
Buy Floowandereeze

ikakku

Post #2555 by ikakku » Sun Mar 19, 2023 2:40 pm

greg503 wrote:With such blatant toxicity, I'd be surprised if a mod hasn't contacted you to say "be nice"

thats not toxicity xD
thats fact about 1,5 years here
Duelingnetwork had the same *** reactions

Also, that IS nice of me to say.
I can write differently, but I don't want to lower myself to that level
retarded admins, arrogant players and stuipid controller
disobeying and breaking laws
u are not better then Putin or Kim jong-un

get covid and die painfull

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #2556 by Lil Oldman » Sun Mar 19, 2023 3:57 pm

1 goes out and a new one comes to fill their place, it looks like the fun will never end!

Renji Asuka

Post #2557 by Renji Asuka » Sun Mar 19, 2023 6:27 pm

Just...let this fucking thread die already >->
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #2558 by Lil Oldman » Sun Mar 19, 2023 6:29 pm

No, I will win this

Renji Asuka

Post #2559 by Renji Asuka » Sun Mar 19, 2023 6:30 pm

Lil Oldman wrote:No, I will win this

I don't care who wins.

I'm sick of it being necro'd over and over again >_>
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

PENMASTER

Post #2560 by PENMASTER » Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:55 pm

MONSTER REBORN MY BALLS INTO YOUR MOTHERS MOUTH
love2hate

Return to “Spam Paradise”