Obligatory "Last Person to Comment Wins" Thread

Here you can discuss just about whatever you want
Lil Oldman
Mood:

Re: Obligatory "Last Person to Comment Wins" Thread

Post #2181 by Lil Oldman » Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:40 am

AnimeMasterDub wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:ignoring the slander that someone like penmaster would say the reason I know how to play odd-eyes is because I have seen it in action

so you don't deny it I just think that you lock yourself into wrong ideas. Deck Building isn't rocket science, but you are hellbent on keeping something "pure" or "balanced" when what you show obviously isn't that. Example. A list you showed had a lack of interruption going second, i.e. Handtraps, and people pointed that out to you, but instead of taking out "Common fodder" situational anime card that doesn't contribute to better plays within the archetype, you said it broke the "balance".

so you are implying I should just add the hand traps without taking anything out?

No. I am implying that you take out "Common fodder" situational anime cards, i. e. Performapal Silverclaw.
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."
Help I cannot remove this music from my head
https://youtu.be/ZuXI7qcNsHQ
Will try reviewing custom cards if they look interesting.

AnimeMasterDub

Post #2182 by AnimeMasterDub » Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:42 am

Lil Oldman wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:so you don't deny it I just think that you lock yourself into wrong ideas. Deck Building isn't rocket science, but you are hellbent on keeping something "pure" or "balanced" when what you show obviously isn't that. Example. A list you showed had a lack of interruption going second, i.e. Handtraps, and people pointed that out to you, but instead of taking out "Common fodder" situational anime card that doesn't contribute to better plays within the archetype, you said it broke the "balance".

so you are implying I should just add the hand traps without taking anything out?

No. I am implying that you take out "Common fodder" situational anime cards, i. e. Performapal Silverclaw.

https://www.duelingbook.com/deck?id=11167842 silverclaw is not in this deck

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #2183 by Lil Oldman » Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:46 am

AnimeMasterDub wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:so you are implying I should just add the hand traps without taking anything out?

I was talking about the other list you showed the other time, although I do have a couple issues with this one too.
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."

AnimeMasterDub

Post #2184 by AnimeMasterDub » Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:47 am

Lil Oldman wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:No. I am implying that you take out "Common fodder" situational anime cards, i. e. Performapal Silverclaw.

I was talking about the other list you showed the other time, although I do have a couple issues with this one too.

care to share what they are?

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #2185 by Lil Oldman » Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:57 am

AnimeMasterDub wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:https://www.duelingbook.com/deck?id=11167842 silverclaw is not in this deck

Wasn't planning on it, but...
● 3 Darkwurm 1 Shrine?
● What is worth searching with Duelists alliance?
● no HT or going second cards?
● 3 Gates? Why do you need that many when 1 Zero is fine.
● This one is more of personal preference, but no target for Astrograph pend eff?
I am no Odd-Eyes expert, I am more of a Pend Magician guy, but that's the issues I have with the deck.

AnimeMasterDub

Post #2186 by AnimeMasterDub » Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:17 am

Lil Oldman wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:I was talking about the other list you showed the other time, although I do have a couple issues with this one too.

● 3 Darkwurm 1 Shrine?
● This one is more of personal preference, but no target for Astrograph pend eff?
I am no Odd-Eyes expert, I am more of a Pend Magician guy, but that's the issues I have with the deck.

Well to start off shrine is for sending 1 darkwurm to the grave no point in having more than one shrine, second duelist alliance is for getting odd-eyes pendulum dragon or arc pendulum dragon, next you can’t tell but pendulum are going second cards, the reason for multiple gates is the need for level 7 cards plus their scales make them possible to pendulum summon monsters of any level if needed, finally Astro graph is for special summon/ protection.

PENMASTER

Post #2187 by PENMASTER » Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:30 am

AnimeMasterDub wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:ignoring the slander that someone like penmaster would say the reason I know how to play odd-eyes is because I have seen it in action

so you don't deny it I just think that you lock yourself into wrong ideas. Deck Building isn't rocket science, but you are hellbent on keeping something "pure" or "balanced" when what you show obviously isn't that. Example. A list you showed had a lack of interruption going second, i.e. Handtraps, and people pointed that out to you, but instead of taking out "Common fodder" situational anime card that doesn't contribute to better plays within the archetype, you said it broke the "balance".

literally the second worst thing you could of pulled from that
love2hate

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #2188 by Lil Oldman » Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:02 am

AnimeMasterDub wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:care to share what they are?

● 3 Darkwurm 1 Shrine?

Well to start off shrine is for sending 1 darkwurm to the grave no point in having more than one shrine, second duelist alliance is for getting odd-eyes pendulum dragon or arc pendulum dragon, next you can’t tell but pendulum are going second cards, the reason for multiple gates is the need for level 7 cards plus their scales make them possible to pendulum summon monsters of any level if needed, finally Astro graph is for special summon/ protection.

● If that's so why so many Darkwurm and and Gates? You want to see Darkwurm in GY for free SS, not in hand and have to waste the NS or have to adapt the combo to pend summon it (Which usually you want to Pend Summon the gate you searched.)
● Oh right I forgor you could search Arc.
● Just because a mechanic is maent to go second, doesn't mean you shouldn't be running handtraps or boardwipes. Also, according to whom is that? Last time I checked Pendulum Magician, Metalfoes and the likes liked going first.
● Infinity locks you already to Pend summon if you control anything, (which most likely than not you would considering you can search it of Darkwurm) and from all decks that struggle with level 7s, I would think Odd-eyes wouldnt be one of them.
● Astrograph isn't meant for protection you know? It is a Combo Extender for free Pend Summon fodder. That's it's best use and the reason it was banned.

PENMASTER

Post #2189 by PENMASTER » Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:31 am

AnimeMasterDub wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:care to share what they are?

● 3 Darkwurm 1 Shrine?

1. you want more than 1 dragon shrine to see it more often even if you normally only use it once you wanna see darkwurm in gy all the time.
2. duelist alliance is crazy ngl
3. you only need gate 0 in every single case infinity is never needed and should never be needed its that fuckign bad.
4.astro is a decent pick honestly but I don't like it in the deck rn without electrum because we cant really search it in a good way other than celestial or a unneeded beyond search and its never come up during my testing but what did come up was chronograph to get apex avains out of hand to use twice on the opps turn or get other cards out as fodder and set up pressure in grindy control matchups
love2hate

PENMASTER

Post #2190 by PENMASTER » Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:32 am

Lil Oldman wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:Wasn't planning on it, but...
● 3 Darkwurm 1 Shrine?

● If that's so why so many Darkwurm and and Gates? You want to see Darkwurm in GY for free SS, not in hand and have to waste the NS or have to adapt the combo to pend summon it (Which usually you want to Pend Summon the gate you searched.)
● Just because a mechanic is maent to go second, doesn't mean you shouldn't be running handtraps or boardwipes. Also, according to whom is that? Last time I checked Pendulum Magician, Metalfoes and the likes liked going first.
● Infinity locks you already to Pend summon if you control anything, (which most likely than not you would considering you can search it of Darkwurm) and from all decks that struggle with level 7s, I would think Odd-eyes wouldnt be one of them.
● Astrograph isn't meant for protection you know? It is a Combo Extender for free Pend Summon fodder. That's it's best use and the reason it was banned.

sadly astro is kinda useless because we don't have electrum to loop and instant trigger a bunch and the protection it can give isn't that good rn due to boards being able to break then set ups negates in this format
love2hate

PENMASTER

Post #2191 by PENMASTER » Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:34 am

also 70 percent of the extra deck is ass
love2hate

AnimeMasterDub

Post #2192 by AnimeMasterDub » Wed Aug 17, 2022 5:35 am

Lil Oldman wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:Wasn't planning on it, but...
● 3 Darkwurm 1 Shrine?

Ok let’s say I have to change some cards in the deck, what cards should I take out and what cards should be put in? (Mention how many of each card)

Slitina

Post #2193 by Slitina » Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:33 am

AnimeMasterDub wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:Well to start off shrine is for sending 1 darkwurm to the grave no point in having more than one shrine, second duelist alliance is for getting odd-eyes pendulum dragon or arc pendulum dragon, next you can’t tell but pendulum are going second cards, the reason for multiple gates is the need for level 7 cards plus their scales make them possible to pendulum summon monsters of any level if needed, finally Astro graph is for special summon/ protection.

Ok let’s say I have to change some cards in the deck, what cards should I take out and what cards should be put in? (Mention how many of each card)

Just play around the numbers and figure which one is the best for you apart of deck building is adjusting to the deck where you can still make plays while being able to counter your opponent.
Reincarnate from the flames! Reincarnation Link Summon! Be reborn! Link 3 Salamangreat Heatleo! Image

AnimeMasterDub

Post #2194 by AnimeMasterDub » Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:16 am

Slitina wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:● If that's so why so many Darkwurm and and Gates? You want to see Darkwurm in GY for free SS, not in hand and have to waste the NS or have to adapt the combo to pend summon it (Which usually you want to Pend Summon the gate you searched.)

Just play around the numbers and figure which one is the best for you apart of deck building is adjusting to the deck where you can still make plays while being able to counter your opponent.

No one has the time or is able to find an opponent to do that besides the whole play around and switch cards between duels doesn’t work for me I have tried before in the past

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #2195 by Lil Oldman » Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:22 pm

AnimeMasterDub wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:Well to start off shrine is for sending 1 darkwurm to the grave no point in having more than one shrine, second duelist alliance is for getting odd-eyes pendulum dragon or arc pendulum dragon, next you can’t tell but pendulum are going second cards, the reason for multiple gates is the need for level 7 cards plus their scales make them possible to pendulum summon monsters of any level if needed, finally Astro graph is for special summon/ protection.

I already told you, not my fault that you didn't pay attention to what I said.

Slitina

Post #2196 by Slitina » Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:20 pm

AnimeMasterDub wrote:
Slitina wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:Ok let’s say I have to change some cards in the deck, what cards should I take out and what cards should be put in? (Mention how many of each card)

No one has the time or is able to find an opponent to do that besides the whole play around and switch cards between duels doesn’t work for me I have tried before in the past

At this point your just being lazy like if you have time to make the deck,ask for opinions and suggestions surely you have time to play test your deck after all it feels like you just make a half ass made deck ask for feedback and make people do the adjusting on you when most of the effort should be on you.
Reincarnate from the flames! Reincarnation Link Summon! Be reborn! Link 3 Salamangreat Heatleo! Image

AnimeMasterDub

Post #2197 by AnimeMasterDub » Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:23 pm

Slitina wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:
Slitina wrote:Just play around the numbers and figure which one is the best for you apart of deck building is adjusting to the deck where you can still make plays while being able to counter your opponent.

At this point your just being lazy like if you have time to make the deck,ask for opinions and suggestions surely you have time to play test your deck after all it feels like you just make a half ass made deck ask for feedback and make people do the adjusting on you when most of the effort should be on you.

The issue is getting someone to play test the deck with

AnimeMasterDub

Post #2198 by AnimeMasterDub » Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:50 pm

Lil Oldman wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:● If that's so why so many Darkwurm and and Gates? You want to see Darkwurm in GY for free SS, not in hand and have to waste the NS or have to adapt the combo to pend summon it (Which usually you want to Pend Summon the gate you searched.)

I was paying attention you didn’t tell me how many of what card(s) to take out and how many of what card(s) to put in

Slitina

Post #2199 by Slitina » Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:10 pm

AnimeMasterDub wrote:
Slitina wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:No one has the time or is able to find an opponent to do that besides the whole play around and switch cards between duels doesn’t work for me I have tried before in the past

The issue is getting someone to play test the deck with

Literally you have randoms to duel for you or take it to like another dueling simulator like Edopro.

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #2200 by Lil Oldman » Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:11 pm

AnimeMasterDub wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:Ok let’s say I have to change some cards in the deck, what cards should I take out and what cards should be put in? (Mention how many of each card)

I was paying attention you didn’t tell me how many of what card(s) to take out and how many of what card(s) to put in

You didn't otherwise you would have known what I saud regarding the gates for example.

Return to “Spam Paradise”