Obligatory "Last Person to Comment Wins" Thread

Here you can discuss just about whatever you want
AnimeMasterDub

Re: Obligatory "Last Person to Comment Wins" Thread

Post #2141 by AnimeMasterDub » Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:30 am

Renji Asuka wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:As someone who tried to buy boosters for Marincess cards in the New Legendary Duelists, buy singles. You never get 'Lucky' and it is greatly cheaper to get exactly the card you want. Only edge case I would think of is that if you need a bunch of the commons, but even then, you can probably buy them for pennies.
And from what you are saying, I guess you are not playing the generically good HEROs like Vyon, Increase, Faris, or Malicious.

the deck was suppose to focus on shining neos wingman but if getting the newer cards is more of a difficulty than anticipated I'll have to shelf the idea for now and come up with a plan b
which narrows it down to either a stardust deck or a cyber/cyberdark deck

You really should had picked up the Cyber Strike Structure Deck on release, cause odds are you'll pay for it that is overpriced, unless you have a locals that have it for sale at MSRP.

actually I did get 1 cyber strike structure deck already as for the original cyber dragon i have 3 already the only known issue is getting more of the cyberdark cards and maybe some of the lower level cyber dragons and cyber dragon fusions and chimeratechs

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #2142 by Lil Oldman » Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:24 pm

Renji Asuka wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:As someone who tried to buy boosters for Marincess cards in the New Legendary Duelists, buy singles. You never get 'Lucky' and it is greatly cheaper to get exactly the card you want. Only edge case I would think of is that if you need a bunch of the commons, but even then, you can probably buy them for pennies.
And from what you are saying, I guess you are not playing the generically good HEROs like Vyon, Increase, Faris, or Malicious.

the deck was suppose to focus on shining neos wingman but if getting the newer cards is more of a difficulty than anticipated I'll have to shelf the idea for now and come up with a plan b

You really should had picked up the Cyber Strike Structure Deck on release, cause odds are you'll pay for it that is overpriced, unless you have a locals that have it for sale at MSRP.

I thought it got re-released. My local store is selling it along tons of legacy products. Wave of Light, The starter deck with transcode talker and Dark Neostorm Special Editions, although these look way different from their initial run.
Last edited by Lil Oldman on Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."
Help I cannot remove this music from my head
https://youtu.be/ZuXI7qcNsHQ
Will try reviewing custom cards if they look interesting.

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #2143 by Lil Oldman » Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:25 pm

AnimeMasterDub wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:for the deck list I have right now I have some of the cards already the cards I don't have that are not in the power of the elements set are pretty cheap all things considered and as for the ones in power of the elements I will just have to try my luck with a booster box for now

As someone who tried to buy boosters for Marincess cards in the New Legendary Duelists, buy singles. You never get 'Lucky' and it is greatly cheaper to get exactly the card you want. Only edge case I would think of is that if you need a bunch of the commons, but even then, you can probably buy them for pennies.

Just buy the hero support by itself. Buying the cards through boosters isn't worth it.
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."

Renji Asuka

Post #2144 by Renji Asuka » Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:19 pm

Lil Oldman wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:the deck was suppose to focus on shining neos wingman but if getting the newer cards is more of a difficulty than anticipated I'll have to shelf the idea for now and come up with a plan b

I thought it got re-released. My local store is selling it along tons of legacy products. Wave of Light, The starter deck with transcode talker and Dark Neostorm Special Editions, although these look way different from their initial run.

I wouldn't know, structure decks do typically get re-released, but I don't pay attention to re-releases.

(Still hyped about Dark World Support)
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #2145 by Lil Oldman » Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:00 pm

Renji Asuka wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:You really should had picked up the Cyber Strike Structure Deck on release, cause odds are you'll pay for it that is overpriced, unless you have a locals that have it for sale at MSRP.

I wouldn't know, structure decks do typically get re-released, but I don't pay attention to re-releases.

To be fair, that Dark World Support is the most based Support I've seen, feeling really bad for the Crystal Beast fans.

AnimeMasterDub

Post #2146 by AnimeMasterDub » Thu Aug 11, 2022 12:11 am

Looks like the Cyber/Cyberdark is going to be the most likely approach just need to figure out how many of each cyber fusion monster I should have and what dragon type extra deck monsters I should have for cyberdark claws effect

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #2147 by Lil Oldman » Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:14 am

Since we are on the topic of Deck Building, I have been thinking of building an IRL deck, but I am not sure of what to build.
The first options I've thought of are Melffy, Witchcrafter and Generaider, since, as a Krawler player, I am interested in control decks, but, as a D/D/D player, I am also interested in Combo decks like Cardian or Marincess (although this last one is banned in my store).
I am not interested in competitiveness, since my local store mostly focuses on HOTU format (i.e. Not Meta). Does anybody have any other suggestions in what decks could be interesting to build and are fairly cheap?
For reference, this is my locals HOTU Banlist:
Banned Decks:
Adventurer
Branded
Dogmatika
Dragon link
Drytron
Elditch
Floowandereeze
Frogs
Invoked
Marincess
Phantom knight
PUNK
Sky striker
Swordsoul
Salamangreat
Spright
Tearlaments
Therion
Tri-brigade
Virtual World

Limited Cards:
Red-Eyes Dark Dragoon

Forbidden Cards:
Artifac Scythe
Destiny Hero Phoenix Enforcer
Mystic Mine

AnimeMasterDub

Post #2148 by AnimeMasterDub » Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:34 am

Lil Oldman wrote:Since we are on the topic of Deck Building, I have been thinking of building an IRL deck, but I am not sure of what to build.
The first options I've thought of are Melffy, Witchcrafter and Generaider, since, as a Krawler player, I am interested in control decks, but, as a D/D/D player, I am also interested in Combo decks like Cardian or Marincess (although this last one is banned in my store).
I am not interested in competitiveness, since my local store mostly focuses on HOTU format (i.e. Not Meta). Does anybody have any other suggestions in what decks could be interesting to build and are fairly cheap?
Banned Decks:
Adventurer
Branded
Dogmatika
Dragon link
Drytron
Elditch
Floowandereeze
Frogs
Invoked
Marincess
Phantom knight
PUNK
Sky striker
Swordsoul
Salamangreat
Spright
Tearlaments
Therion
Tri-brigade
Virtual World

Limited Cards:
Red-Eyes Dark Dragoon

Forbidden Cards:
Artifac Scythe
Mystic Mine

Does Stardust dragon fit into your prefered choice of decks?

AnimeMasterDub

Post #2149 by AnimeMasterDub » Thu Aug 11, 2022 3:49 pm

So far for cyber and cyber dark cards I have:
3x Cyber Dragon
2x Cyber Dragon Core
2x Cyber Dragon Vier
2x Cyber Dragon Drei
2x Cyber Dragon Herz
2x Cyber End Dragon
2x Chimeratech Overdragon
2x Cyberdark Horn
2x Cyberdark Edge
2x Cyberdark Keel
2x Cyberdark Cannon
2x Cyberdark Claw
2x Cyberdark Dragon
2x Cyberdarkness Dragon
2x Cyberdark Chimera
2x Cyberdark End Dragon
2x Cyber Dragon Zwei
2x Proto-Cyber Dragon
Am I missing any monsters?

PENMASTER

Post #2150 by PENMASTER » Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:10 pm

Lil Oldman wrote:Since we are on the topic of Deck Building, I have been thinking of building an IRL deck, but I am not sure of what to build.
Banned Decks:
Adventurer
Branded
Dogmatika
Dragon link
Drytron
Elditch
Floowandereeze
Frogs
Invoked
Marincess
Phantom knight
PUNK
Sky striker
Swordsoul
Salamangreat
Spright
Tearlaments
Therion
Tri-brigade
Virtual World

Limited Cards:
Red-Eyes Dark Dragoon

Forbidden Cards:
Artifac Scythe
Mystic Mine

odd eyes is really fun because you can play some skill drain floodgate build or grab a nice combo list and get like 6 good interactions
love2hate

PENMASTER

Post #2151 by PENMASTER » Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:11 pm

AnimeMasterDub wrote:
Banned Decks:
Adventurer
Branded
Dogmatika
Dragon link
Drytron
Elditch
Floowandereeze
Frogs
Invoked
Marincess
Phantom knight
PUNK
Sky striker
Swordsoul
Salamangreat
Spright
Tearlaments
Therion
Tri-brigade
Virtual World

Limited Cards:
Red-Eyes Dark Dragoon

Forbidden Cards:
Artifac Scythe
Mystic Mine

Does Stardust dragon fit into your prefered choice of decks?

stardust isn't a deck
love2hate

Renji Asuka

Post #2152 by Renji Asuka » Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:40 pm

Lil Oldman wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:I thought it got re-released. My local store is selling it along tons of legacy products. Wave of Light, The starter deck with transcode talker and Dark Neostorm Special Editions, although these look way different from their initial run.

To be fair, that Dark World Support is the most based Support I've seen, feeling really bad for the Crystal Beast fans.

It can hand loop with ease, Card Destruction is likely to get banned again, Silvaa might also get smacked cause of the handloop, but we'll have to see.

AnimeMasterDub wrote:Looks like the Cyber/Cyberdark is going to be the most likely approach just need to figure out how many of each cyber fusion monster I should have and what dragon type extra deck monsters I should have for cyberdark claws effect

You don't need to add dragon Extra Deck monsters. You also use Claw strictly for Searching Cyberdark Realm/Cybernetic Horizon. Very rarely will you want it equipped to a Cyberdark Monster as Cyberdark Cannon is so much better, as you can send main deck stuff and draw cards. If you must use Claw you send Cyber End Dragon, which you typically need only 1, but a 2nd may come in handy IF the 1st gets banished.

Your Cyber Fusions are going to be 2 - 3 Cyberdarkness Dragon, 1 - 2 Cyberdark End Dragon, 1 - 2 Cyber End Dragon, 2 Chimeratech Megafleet, 2 Chimeratech Fortress, and maybe 1 Overdragon. You can also run Chimeratech Rampage Dragon for backrow removal, and if you really want to spice it up, a Cydra Infinity package.

Renji Asuka

Post #2153 by Renji Asuka » Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:42 pm

Banned Decks:
Adventurer
Branded
Dogmatika
Dragon link
Drytron
Elditch
Floowandereeze
Frogs
Invoked
Marincess
Phantom knight
PUNK
Sky striker
Swordsoul
Salamangreat
Spright
Tearlaments
Therion
Tri-brigade
Virtual World

Limited Cards:
Red-Eyes Dark Dragoon

Forbidden Cards:
Artifac Scythe
Mystic Mine

Build RDA cause it's only going to get better when Labrynth stuff drops

AnimeMasterDub

Post #2154 by AnimeMasterDub » Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:38 pm

Renji Asuka wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:I wouldn't know, structure decks do typically get re-released, but I don't pay attention to re-releases.

It can hand loop with ease, Card Destruction is likely to get banned again, Silvaa might also get smacked cause of the handloop, but we'll have to see.

AnimeMasterDub wrote:Looks like the Cyber/Cyberdark is going to be the most likely approach just need to figure out how many of each cyber fusion monster I should have and what dragon type extra deck monsters I should have for cyberdark claws effect

You don't need to add dragon Extra Deck monsters. You also use Claw strictly for Searching Cyberdark Realm/Cybernetic Horizon. Very rarely will you want it equipped to a Cyberdark Monster as Cyberdark Cannon is so much better, as you can send main deck stuff and draw cards. If you must use Claw you send Cyber End Dragon, which you typically need only 1, but a 2nd may come in handy IF the 1st gets banished.

Your Cyber Fusions are going to be 2 - 3 Cyberdarkness Dragon, 1 - 2 Cyberdark End Dragon, 1 - 2 Cyber End Dragon, 2 Chimeratech Megafleet, 2 Chimeratech Fortress, and maybe 1 Overdragon. You can also run Chimeratech Rampage Dragon for backrow removal, and if you really want to spice it up, a Cydra Infinity package.

Thanks Renji

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #2155 by Lil Oldman » Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:55 am

AnimeMasterDub wrote:Does Stardust dragon fit into your prefered choice of decks?

I think you mean Synchron, right? With Junk Speeder, Halq and Librarian. I have considered it, but I think it is not for me, it resides at the total opposite of Combo Decks I enjoy.
PENMASTER wrote:odd eyes is really fun because you can play some skill drain floodgate build or grab a nice combo list and get like 6 good interactions
The day my MVP get's unbanned, I will consider it. I have seen them play, and I kinda like them.
Renji Asuka wrote:Build RDA cause it's only going to get better when Labrynth stuff drops

With RDA you mean Red Dragon Archfiend?

Renji Asuka

Post #2156 by Renji Asuka » Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:04 am

Lil Oldman wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:Does Stardust dragon fit into your prefered choice of decks?

I think you mean Synchron, right? With Junk Speeder, Halq and Librarian. I have considered it, but I think it is not for me, it resides at the total opposite of Combo Decks I enjoy.
PENMASTER wrote:odd eyes is really fun because you can play some skill drain floodgate build or grab a nice combo list and get like 6 good interactions
The day my MVP get's unbanned, I will consider it. I have seen them play, and I kinda like them.
Renji Asuka wrote:Build RDA cause it's only going to get better when Labrynth stuff drops

Yeah Red Dragon Archfiend :)

It may not be able to set up huge multi negate boards, but it can drop at most 3 negates depending on your build.

PENMASTER

Post #2157 by PENMASTER » Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:51 am

Lil Oldman wrote:

electrum ban hurt but we don't really need it anymore with beyond
I can basically get post butler and seer support boards with a magician package at the cost of a bit of consistency
and when butler does come all of electrums holes will be filled because we have beyond to search anything and butler to pop anything and summon although sadly we don't get any free draws
but overall electrum isn't needed anymore
love2hate

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #2158 by Lil Oldman » Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:12 am

PENMASTER wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:

I can basically get post butler and seer support boards with a magician package at the cost of a bit of consistency
and when butler does come all of electrums holes will be filled because we have beyond to search anything and butler to pop anything and summon although sadly we don't get any free draws

It isn't needed, that is true, but the amount of advantage it can generate isn't something to be overlooked in my opinion. I think I can consider it.

troglyte
Mood:

Post #2159 by troglyte » Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:47 am

I noticed that some people at my lgs have yugioh cards. I'm gonna ask them if they play Rush Duels.
Crab Turtle respects your pronouns.
he/him
Sign the Crab Turtle petition here! http://chng.it/J4rvHFFfZG

PENMASTER

Post #2160 by PENMASTER » Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:20 am

Lil Oldman wrote:
PENMASTER wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:I think you mean Synchron, right? With Junk Speeder, Halq and Librarian. I have considered it, but I think it is not for me, it resides at the total opposite of Combo Decks I enjoy.

It isn't needed, that is true, but the amount of advantage it can generate isn't something to be overlooked in my opinion. I think I can consider it.

Beyond interestingly enough has a interesting 1 up on electrum because you don't have to give up a card in hand to grab the card to search and with things like the new red eyes even if electrum is unbanned summoning beyond could be better due to its more generic materials but I see people playing both and electrum would be a 1 of in any list anyway and may work better than beyond in more explosive or monster heavy hands. Overall beyond is surprisingly more of a side grade than I thought and may be better than electrum in most avg combos but that is yet to be tested by me rn
love2hate

Return to “Spam Paradise”