Obligatory "Last Person to Comment Wins" Thread

Here you can discuss just about whatever you want
AnimeMasterDub

Re: Obligatory "Last Person to Comment Wins" Thread

Post #2121 by AnimeMasterDub » Sat Aug 06, 2022 1:04 am

Lil Oldman wrote:Appliancer

not really all that good with link focused archetypes reason why is by the time I get a link monster out like decode talker for example I wouldn't be able to get more monsters out in order to use it to the fullest or protect it

PENMASTER

Post #2122 by PENMASTER » Sat Aug 06, 2022 4:53 am

AnimeMasterDub wrote:So I have an odd-eyes deck for my primary deck but which deck should I make in real life for my secondary deck

You should focus on making your primary deck actually playable first
love2hate

AnimeMasterDub

Post #2123 by AnimeMasterDub » Sat Aug 06, 2022 7:02 am

still looking for suggestions

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #2124 by Lil Oldman » Sat Aug 06, 2022 4:00 pm

AnimeMasterDub wrote:

not really all that good with link focused archetypes reason why is by the time I get a link monster out like decode talker for example I wouldn't be able to get more monsters out in order to use it to the fullest or protect it

I mean, Appliancer teaches you the basics of linking in general, all monsters have effects when linked and when not. Also, the thing with decode talker is that you have to combine it with cards that revive stuff. Stack Reviver and Dotscaper are examples of that in the early era of MR4, with cards like Elphase helping the strategy as well later down the line.
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."
Help I cannot remove this music from my head
https://youtu.be/ZuXI7qcNsHQ
Will try reviewing custom cards if they look interesting.

AnimeMasterDub

Post #2125 by AnimeMasterDub » Sat Aug 06, 2022 6:34 pm

Lil Oldman wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:

I mean, Appliancer teaches you the basics of linking in general, all monsters have effects when linked and when not. Also, the thing with decode talker is that you have to combine it with cards that revive stuff. Stack Reviver and Dotscaper are examples of that in the early era of MR4, with cards like Elphase helping the strategy as well later down the line.

regardless I want to keep building the secondary deck on a low of a budget as possible meaning I would have a good sum of the cards already on hand which kind of narrows it down to a few of choices 3 of which I know by hand ( Stardust, Elemental Hero, and Cyber dragon/Cyberdark). I am also trying my luck with Yugioh card lots on Amazon to see if the cards I get could give me some sort of jump start on a yugioh deck I didn't consider

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #2126 by Lil Oldman » Sat Aug 06, 2022 7:38 pm

AnimeMasterDub wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:not really all that good with link focused archetypes reason why is by the time I get a link monster out like decode talker for example I wouldn't be able to get more monsters out in order to use it to the fullest or protect it

regardless I want to keep building the secondary deck on a low of a budget as possible meaning I would have a good sum of the cards already on hand which kind of narrows it down to a few of choices 3 of which I know by hand ( Stardust, Elemental Hero, and Cyber dragon/Cyberdark). I am also trying my luck with Yugioh card lots on Amazon to see if the cards I get could give me some sort of jump start on a yugioh deck I didn't consider

Krawler and Appliancer pure both are really cheap all things considered.
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."

AnimeMasterDub

Post #2127 by AnimeMasterDub » Sat Aug 06, 2022 7:49 pm

Lil Oldman wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:I mean, Appliancer teaches you the basics of linking in general, all monsters have effects when linked and when not. Also, the thing with decode talker is that you have to combine it with cards that revive stuff. Stack Reviver and Dotscaper are examples of that in the early era of MR4, with cards like Elphase helping the strategy as well later down the line.

I'll take your word that they are really cheap but it ends up creating a new issue experience with the archetypes

PENMASTER

Post #2128 by PENMASTER » Sun Aug 07, 2022 7:06 am

AnimeMasterDub wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:regardless I want to keep building the secondary deck on a low of a budget as possible meaning I would have a good sum of the cards already on hand which kind of narrows it down to a few of choices 3 of which I know by hand ( Stardust, Elemental Hero, and Cyber dragon/Cyberdark). I am also trying my luck with Yugioh card lots on Amazon to see if the cards I get could give me some sort of jump start on a yugioh deck I didn't consider

I'll take your word that they are really cheap but it ends up creating a new issue experience with the archetypes

The issue is basic learning and practice now
love2hate

AnimeMasterDub

Post #2129 by AnimeMasterDub » Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:33 pm

I may make elemental heroes my secondary deck once I get a solid deck list using cards from power of the elements
Although I am not sure I should stop at just 2 decks in real life or make more decks

PENMASTER

Post #2130 by PENMASTER » Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:42 am

AnimeMasterDub wrote:I may make elemental heroes my secondary deck once I get a solid deck list using cards from power of the elements
Although I am not sure I should stop at just 2 decks in real life or make more decks

best to actually make your first deck competent before making another
love2hate

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #2131 by Lil Oldman » Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:28 am

AnimeMasterDub wrote:I may make elemental heroes my secondary deck once I get a solid deck list using cards from power of the elements

Aren't the good HERO cards like, really expensive?

PENMASTER

Post #2132 by PENMASTER » Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:35 am

Lil Oldman wrote:

mans will just play the vanillas
love2hate

AnimeMasterDub

Post #2133 by AnimeMasterDub » Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:34 am

Lil Oldman wrote:

for the deck list I have right now I have some of the cards already the cards I don't have that are not in the power of the elements set are pretty cheap all things considered and as for the ones in power of the elements I will just have to try my luck with a booster box for now

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #2134 by Lil Oldman » Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:32 pm

AnimeMasterDub wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:

for the deck list I have right now I have some of the cards already the cards I don't have that are not in the power of the elements set are pretty cheap all things considered and as for the ones in power of the elements I will just have to try my luck with a booster box for now

As someone who tried to buy boosters for Marincess cards in the New Legendary Duelists, buy singles. You never get 'Lucky' and it is greatly cheaper to get exactly the card you want. Only edge case I would think of is that if you need a bunch of the commons, but even then, you can probably buy them for pennies.
And from what you are saying, I guess you are not playing the generically good HEROs like Vyon, Increase, Faris, or Malicious.

PENMASTER

Post #2135 by PENMASTER » Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:50 pm

my guess was spot on
love2hate

Renji Asuka

Post #2136 by Renji Asuka » Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:59 pm

Lil Oldman wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:Aren't the good HERO cards like, really expensive?

As someone who tried to buy boosters for Marincess cards in the New Legendary Duelists, buy singles. You never get 'Lucky' and it is greatly cheaper to get exactly the card you want. Only edge case I would think of is that if you need a bunch of the commons, but even then, you can probably buy them for pennies.
And from what you are saying, I guess you are not playing the generically good HEROs like Vyon, Increase, Faris, or Malicious.

The only sealed products that are worth a damn are typically Structure Decks imo.
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

AnimeMasterDub

Post #2137 by AnimeMasterDub » Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:44 pm

Lil Oldman wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:Aren't the good HERO cards like, really expensive?

the deck was suppose to focus on shining neos wingman but if getting the newer cards is more of a difficulty than anticipated I'll have to shelf the idea for now and come up with a plan b
which narrows it down to either a stardust deck or a cyber/cyberdark deck

Renji Asuka

Post #2138 by Renji Asuka » Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:05 am

AnimeMasterDub wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:for the deck list I have right now I have some of the cards already the cards I don't have that are not in the power of the elements set are pretty cheap all things considered and as for the ones in power of the elements I will just have to try my luck with a booster box for now

the deck was suppose to focus on shining neos wingman but if getting the newer cards is more of a difficulty than anticipated I'll have to shelf the idea for now and come up with a plan b

You really should had picked up the Cyber Strike Structure Deck on release, cause odds are you'll pay for it that is overpriced, unless you have a locals that have it for sale at MSRP.

PENMASTER

Post #2139 by PENMASTER » Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:20 am

Renji Asuka wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:As someone who tried to buy boosters for Marincess cards in the New Legendary Duelists, buy singles. You never get 'Lucky' and it is greatly cheaper to get exactly the card you want. Only edge case I would think of is that if you need a bunch of the commons, but even then, you can probably buy them for pennies.

You really should had picked up the Cyber Strike Structure Deck on release, cause odds are you'll pay for it that is overpriced, unless you have a locals that have it for sale at MSRP.

best way to get something is at gunpoint
love2hate

Renji Asuka

Post #2140 by Renji Asuka » Wed Aug 10, 2022 5:13 am

PENMASTER wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:
AnimeMasterDub wrote:the deck was suppose to focus on shining neos wingman but if getting the newer cards is more of a difficulty than anticipated I'll have to shelf the idea for now and come up with a plan b

best way to get something is at gunpoint

Tell that to the smoke shop owner in Vegas, he stabbed a thief around 7 or so times.

Return to “Spam Paradise”