Quitting it all except DuelingBook

Here you can discuss just about whatever you want
__Blank__
Mood:

Re: Quitting it all except DuelingBook

Post #181 by __Blank__ » Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:38 pm

Alisae wrote:My issue is I just don’t have fun playing anymore.
It either just makes me worse or I get bored since everyone else is taking so dam long on deciding on who to flip.

DGz has more pressure, but the main issue is most scum will just lay low, and not try to contribute as town.

It has gone from becoming detecting bullshit, to detecting hidden agenda's and excuses for not being active.

They need to do Speedrun Mafia, or Chat Mafia, where it goes faster. Pokemon Showdown is good for speedy mafia games and has officials too for ranking so it's not a bad check out.

Lost in Illusions

Post #182 by Lost in Illusions » Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:47 am

not like DB TO's dont have resources and time to run the tourney scene. i dont see why people have to depend on unofficial organizations like ozone to give them the creativity and originality they should be getting from "official TOs". its not that hard to think of a fun format for people to enjoy in 6 months lol, literally took us 30 minutes, 2 days on paper because longo and reqli suddenly started having gaysex in DMs for 2 days straight instead of doing the actual work. anyways, we'll host one live from one of the new formats we thought of today. snow will also announce all the upcoming plans on a new thread soon. and as always, we'll be open for suggestion/feedback.

__Blank__
Mood:

Post #183 by __Blank__ » Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:57 pm

Lost in Illusions wrote:not like DB TO's dont have resources and time to run the tourney scene. i dont see why people have to depend on unofficial organizations like ozone to give them the creativity and originality they should be getting from "official TOs". its not that hard to think of a fun format for people to enjoy in 6 months lol, literally took us 30 minutes, 2 days on paper because longo and reqli suddenly started having gaysex in DMs for 2 days straight instead of doing the actual work. anyways, we'll host one live from one of the new formats we thought of today. snow will also announce all the upcoming plans on a new thread soon. and as always, we'll be open for suggestion/feedback.

When was the last time a DGz TO hosted Goat Format?

Remember when I did that, and I got overwhelming demand and immediate entries because people WANTED Goat Format brother?
If you add Goat my man, it will definitely get the Retro players attention without question and maybe introduce some active DGz Goat Players to DBF for the Tournaments.

I also remember a time where Tournaments were posted by yours truly *no not lost, me, maybe lost too idk* in both DGz Channel and DN Channel when DN existed. I got a good chunk of replies and ins, mainly Victor Li, and about half were always DGz, so we could try introducing a link between the two to increase the tournament pool.

*I am not even high right now, damn*

Lost in Illusions

Post #184 by Lost in Illusions » Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:51 pm

__Blank__ wrote:
Lost in Illusions wrote:not like DB TO's dont have resources and time to run the tourney scene. i dont see why people have to depend on unofficial organizations like ozone to give them the creativity and originality they should be getting from "official TOs". its not that hard to think of a fun format for people to enjoy in 6 months lol, literally took us 30 minutes, 2 days on paper because longo and reqli suddenly started having gaysex in DMs for 2 days straight instead of doing the actual work. anyways, we'll host one live from one of the new formats we thought of today. snow will also announce all the upcoming plans on a new thread soon. and as always, we'll be open for suggestion/feedback.

Remember when I did that, and I got overwhelming demand and immediate entries because people WANTED Goat Format brother?
If you add Goat my man, it will definitely get the Retro players attention without question and maybe introduce some active DGz Goat Players to DBF for the Tournaments.

I also remember a time where Tournaments were posted by yours truly *no not lost, me, maybe lost too idk* in both DGz Channel and DN Channel when DN existed. I got a good chunk of replies and ins, mainly Victor Li, and about half were always DGz, so we could try introducing a link between the two to increase the tournament pool.

the reason we dont do goat format is because i personally dont like it and we found way better formats that people can enjoy which we'll start hosting from today (unless waka dies in school)

Re-Qliate

Post #185 by Re-Qliate » Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:17 pm

Lost in Illusions wrote:
__Blank__ wrote:

the reason we dont do goat format is because i personally dont like it and we found way better formats that people can enjoy which we'll start hosting from today (unless waka dies in school)

id like to file a complaint about DK jaina

Iirc, when the card first came out, only the water elementals received lifesteal. Now every elemental gets it, fire fly, tar creeper, pyros. Why? A few elementals on board and they're regaining massive amounts every turn. Becomes one-sided.
More so, it doesn't say in the card that all elementals gain lifesteal. It just happens.
Can we make this a candidate for nerf?

__Blank__
Mood:

Post #186 by __Blank__ » Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:47 pm

Re-Qliate wrote:
Lost in Illusions wrote:
__Blank__ wrote:When was the last time a DGz TO hosted Goat Format?

Iirc, when the card first came out, only the water elementals received lifesteal. Now every elemental gets it, fire fly, tar creeper, pyros. Why? A few elementals on board and they're regaining massive amounts every turn. Becomes one-sided.
More so, it doesn't say in the card that all elementals gain lifesteal. It just happens.

Finally someone who I can agree with. Can I add you?

Re-Qliate

Post #187 by Re-Qliate » Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:51 pm

__Blank__ wrote:
Re-Qliate wrote:
Lost in Illusions wrote:

Finally someone who I can agree with. Can I add you?

sure man

Storm Crow

Post #188 by Storm Crow » Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:39 pm

__Blank__ wrote:
Storm Crow wrote:Ok so like people messaging me on discord linking this thread, and here is what I think.

1. Judges have lives and aren't here to catter to your TO needs. they're here to come some sort of order for rated only anything beyond that is a courtesy to go into unrated games and settles disputes, it's suppose to be the TOs job to know basic konami tournament policy and rulings to deal with these sort of issues on their own.
This is 100%. While on DN they would Enter a Tournament if calls were in place to help out with a quick ruling, the fact is it is not their job to do so. One could say "It's not a part of my job description" and they have no obligation to even help out.
2. any TO who enters their own event is a moron for many reasons of bias and the fact, if a dispute comes up while you're in a game you would have to quit. TOs DO NOT JOIN THEIR OWN EVENTS, that's common sense.
I ruled that my ruling is right in my own match, I am automatically a cheater, and once they find the ruling is wrong, they will forever hold it against me, even if it was a mistake
3. The Judges I do not think suck I think it's more of DB staff's structure is not all there which causes issues. Dueling Network was the same way when it first came out so you should at least keep this in mind before judging the staff. not everything is in their control if you want to be real here.
The site could use some more communication between admins and users, mostly I find is that they need communication entangled with the community and not just the calls, so the community start to see them as people again, and not as people who are getting paid to do nothing as they have been.
4. y'all need to take a step back and realize roasting each other doesn't get any of you further in whatever sick shit you have going on. you simply laugh about it for a second before realizing you now have the bullshit posse of he roasted so and so, so now a bunch of people are roasting me. wow what a shocker.
Forum Activity and Moments of History at it's greatest for my books, and I am learning a lot.
5. another fact no one seems to grasp is if people want more judges don't give them a reason to not want to log on and take calls let alone deal with the rabble o moderating a toxic as fuck environment.

It's the lack of trying to find solutions that people get irritated with, they made Custom Cards when they have a lack of Admins to increase site traffic, however I can say that will last as long as people want to make their own archtypes and test them
However the issue with the Admin Exam, and encouraging people to take it SO there is more admins is the REAL issue and what I feel needs to happen is that we need assigned people situated to Encouraging Users to act as a community and help others out.

Also it would help a LOT to remove Toxic Elements when Mali AFK is reported (Start checking the timestamps instead of using they both caused issues as a reason to not take action)... If both users commited an infraction, then punish the one more at fault / both if both equally at fault, as per the Policy. 2 Minutes refusing to continuing because they were called an idiot when harassment is not a call option is call abuse yet nothing is done (I got replays for this too, and negative reputations on the RSJ's when I usually get a Bad Experience, so not hard to find.

I agree with what you're saying Blank I really do.

I think every single person here could make a difference in the community by how they conduct their business, you don't have to be "the last hope of humanity" here but like do people act like this at school, work or in public? I hope not or we're really fucked.

I normally cringe at stuff lost says But I honestly Agree with him for the fact he knows how he is, and I can respect the honesty.

I had an idea for Staff if they were interested but Yang and Runzy gave me an idea the other day not directly but, in which they could do what DNF did to get rid of a headmin in which they peacefully make a grievance board for Xteven to read and consider. I do believe staff care for doing the right thing but when everything is so Disorganized cause of lack of structure how can one blame them for banning or freezing for the alleged "No reason" when people who are getting this treatment are the same type that would just shit talk and try calling staff out without proof to blow steam up their ass and it's super irrelevant and annoying. (Possible solution is like don't do stuff to get banned. IJS)

Not dick sucking staff here, I just know from experience as a staff member when I was a TO here and before when I was staff elsewhere that things aren't black and white especially with no structure or lack of concrete structure. you can only do what you think is right.

An Analogy that I hope is simple enough for the less intuitive
The customer doesn't see the kitchen at a restaurant so when a customer gets the plate of food and starts bitching to the waiter that the plate is wrong and messed up without knowing that the rest of it is gonna come out on another plate or it dropped and they had to make you a new thing for your plate, you the customer(public) won't know what happened in the kitchen so to sit there bitching when you don't know what is going on just makes you look like a fucktard.

DB judges and TOs are waiters/waitresses
Xteven is the Cook who makes all this happen. simple enough?

we all have seen many try to give DB and DBF life but like everyone keeps getting caught up on meaningless stuff like posse mindset of Ozone vs CYO vs DB staff and it's a clusterfuck. I've seen more effort put into roasting each other and making most of you look stupid than find a solution.

A painful true fact is that if you want change then be the change and grow up.

__Blank__
Mood:

Post #189 by __Blank__ » Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:31 pm

The issue is the community needs to see progress mainly.
The harder issue is continued progress which is hard to maintain.

Issues have been looked over and the community seems to know where it stands and what could use improvement and that is the end result why I stuck around. I have been a DN Loyal Member 5+ years, and trying to quit it due to "being called retarded" by someone else in their Live Chat, because staff didn't care, and when it comes to new and loyal users, most want a chill place without drama.

So the biggest thing is structure, and then providing it. The issue is staff take awhile to structure ideas for the scene at times *not at all time* and this can cause impatient issues.

The food reference is quite accurate, indeed people feel they need to be served as ordered, and as such most feel they deserve what they want. This mentality is extremely toxic to the community, and some users need to realize the people we work with are people.

Lost in Illusions

Post #190 by Lost in Illusions » Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:17 am

i blame iryuk...

__Blank__
Mood:

Post #191 by __Blank__ » Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:27 pm

@cherieontop in response to post #8 I finally got around to wording responses to your cancerous format of posting.
Next time make it quotable so I do not have to use a word document to filter through your words.

I never did any malpractice, my only goal is to create a fair and enojyable environment for competitive players to play online. i dont know what your problem is. im also not a hypocrite, if anything im the exact opposite, so i dont understand your accusation at all.

You wrote your name in the Challonge Bracket why then?
Does it make sense to do it in the first place, since issues can occur over it if true?
Why do you think no one believes you?

I replied to your thread because i saw you mention the same problems i had and offered a possible solution, thats the whole point of the server. i cant comprehend how you got so hateful from that unless you had a false bias to begin with.
me saying DB staff sucks was in response to your last sentence about the problem with rated, as well as their management of the war scene. i was agreeing with you thats all. im surprised you got offended by that, it was not my intention.

The same problems I have are the same issues other users have, but they do not post about it, because they feel it’s a waste of time. Instead why don’t you make a hobby over DMing everyone who leaves the site? What makes or made me special? I got so hateful because I got tired of the lies. We know the DB Staff suck as far as rated goes, however who gives a crap about rated? The solution to that is simple, stop caring about Statistics on a dying site where the mods do not care, and genex is dead activity wise and move onto unrated. SIMPLE!

i dont enter my own tournaments, i did that in the very beginning because nobody else signed up and people got impatient for the tournament to start, and there were no other hosts, now there is an active community and other hosts so that is no longer necessary.

I didn’t break policy this time, but I did before because I didn’t want to wait for people to sign up / didn’t want to cancel the event is no excuse to break policy. You fucked up.

It means simply that you broke a Tournament Policy, one of the worst ones to break, because of personal issues with patience.

The excuse you gave me was that it was filled up when I see your name as slot 9. Period you should never have put your name there in the bracket, and the issue as you say is a mistake because you entered someone else, would be more believable.

what does that mean? i never talked to you and you never attempted to join my tournament or server
Excuse ME? I did try to enter, and the proof is in DB DMS from the same damn account

Loyalty to the Staff? Are you legitimately trolling me right now? Do you even know who the …. I am? I am by far the LAST person that would EVER side with Staff.

Cherilyn1977

Post #192 by Cherilyn1977 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:11 pm

Bye Noob

P. S.: Necro Bump 10/10

__Blank__
Mood:

Post #193 by __Blank__ » Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:58 pm

Cherilyn1977 wrote:Bye Noob

P. S.: Necro Bump 10/10

If you knew who I am from DN, you knew odds were I would come back, look like a hippocrite, and continue to call BS on the Staff Effort for communication and caring about the site, rather than getting responses from Staff saying users are free to find alternative sites over things such as Judges not reading logs fully, not applying what the user believes is the right penalty, and most won't even issue Procedurecal Error Warnings at all. I found 1 Judge who does PE and I respect them a bit for that alone.

Nice Necro Bump lol

Natalia

Post #194 by Natalia » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:32 am

Look, I'm not a hateful person or anything–I believe we should all live and let live. But lately, I've been having a real problem with these Fur Hire Players. You see, just about wherever I go these days, one of them approaches me and starts UwU-ing my daddy meat. Take last Sunday, for instance, when I casually struck up a duel with this guy in my locals. Nothing fruity, just a couple of fellas playing sky strikers vs fur hires while enjoying a nice evenly matched game. The guy looked like a real man's man, too–big biceps, meaty thighs, Big Tail in his Ass. He didn't seem the least bit furry. At least not until he started OwO-ing my Furhood. Where does this fuwwy duwwy get the nerve to uwu my owo? Did I look fur hire to him? Was I wearing cat ears without realizing it? I don't recall the phrase, "owo whats this" entering the conversation, and I don't have a sign around my neck that reads, "Please, owo, daddy likies." I've got nothing against fur hire players. Let them be free to do their furry thing in peace, I say. But when they start ama-ing my bulgy wulgy, then I've got a real problem. Then there was the time I was hiking through the regionals and came across a rugged-looking, blond-haired man dressed in a dog suit in his early 30s. He seemed employed enough to me while we were dueling on that tourney table, but, before you know it, he's fur hire. What is it with these furfags? Can't they control their job searching uwu's? Aren't there enough fuwwy meats out there for them to get employed with without them having to target normal people like me? Believe me, I have no interest in getting my uwu owo'd by some fursona fur hire. But try telling that to the guy at the ycs. Or the one at worlds. Or my vendor. Or any of the countless other furballs fur hire who've come on to me recently. All of them furried my flurry, and there was nothing I could do to stop them. I tell you, when a man fur hire is sucking your daddy likies a lot-meat x3, a lot of strange thoughts go through your head: How the hell did this happen? Where did this fairy ever get the idea that I was unemployed? And where did he get that fantastic snout? It screws with your head at other times, too. Every time a man passes me on the street, I'm afraid he's going to grab me and drag me off to some bathroom to extra link me with fur hires. I've even started to visualize these repulsive special summoning episodes during the healthy, sky striker meta deck relations I enjoy with my beloved tcg - even some that haven't actually happened, like the sweaty, "special summon donpa, beat effect okie owo?" locker-room tryst with Vancouver Canucks forward Mark Messier that I can't seem to stop thinking about. Things could be worse, I suppose. It could be Trickstar players trying to uwu my ama, which would be gay and would make me feel tremendously guilty. As it is, I'm just angry and sickened. But believe me, that's enough. I don't know what makes these tailwipes fur hire mistake me for a guy who wants his bulgy wulgy nuzzled , and, frankly, I don't want to know. I just wish there were some way to get them to stop. I've tried all sorts of things to get them to stop, but it has all been to no avail. A few months back, I started wearing an intimidating-looking black leather fursuit with menacing paws in the hopes that it would frighten those furfags off, but it didn't work. In fact, it only seemed to encourage them. Then, I really started getting rough, slapping them around whenever they were nuzzy wuzzing my bulgy, but that failed, too. Even pulling out of their snouts just before cummy time and shooting daddy milk all over their face, neck, chest and fur seemed to have no effect. What do I have to do to get the message across to these swishes? I swear, if these fagfurs fur hire don't take a hint and quit rawr-ing my furstick all the time, I'm going to have to resort to drastic measures–like maybe pinning them down to the cement floor of the loading dock with my powerful furarms and working my big meatie all the way up their tail-holding space so they understand loud and clear just how much I disapprove of their unwelcome special summoning. I mean, you can't get much more direct than that.

Return to “Spam Paradise”