Would an "Era" format be good?

Here you can discuss just about whatever you want
Skyonator

Would an "Era" format be good?

Post #1 by Skyonator » Thu Jun 08, 2023 11:35 am

For me, the GX and maybe 5Ds era was the best. What bothers me is that i cant play with cards from that era because either they are locked out of GOAT format or the opponent overpowers me with a 2023 meta deck.

So here is my suggestions: Create Formats that allow only cards till a given Pack aka the end of that specific Era. Much like GOAT Format but there would be a GX Format, a 5Ds format and so on. Do i make sense?^^

it would be cool for oldschoolers like me :) what would you say?
Im a german custom cards creator.
I mostly create "oldschool" Decks settled in either the DM, GX or 5Ds era.

Dont judge me for my bad english :D

Renji Asuka

Post #2 by Renji Asuka » Thu Jun 08, 2023 1:25 pm

Its called Duel Note.

Use it.
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

Skyonator

Post #3 by Skyonator » Thu Jun 08, 2023 3:43 pm

Renji Asuka wrote:Its called Duel Note.

Use it.

Wow calm down. Yes i know that there are duel notes but thats irrelevant. I talked about a new format with banlist and so on. For example Harpies Featherduster ist currently limited. In GX it was fobidden for good reasons. Now imagine i put "GX decks only" in my duel note and someone plays featherduster just because the banlist isnt updated/down...dated (sounds wrong but you get what i mean).

Just a "new" GOAT Format.

Renji Asuka

Post #4 by Renji Asuka » Thu Jun 08, 2023 5:33 pm

Skyonator wrote:

Use it.

Wow calm down. Yes i know that there are duel notes but thats irrelevant. I talked about a new format with banlist and so on. For example Harpies Featherduster ist currently limited. In GX it was fobidden for good reasons. Now imagine i put "GX decks only" in my duel note and someone plays featherduster just because the banlist isnt updated/down...dated (sounds wrong but you get what i mean).

1. I am calm
2. I gave you a solution.
3. It's never going to happen.
4. Since Duelingbook refuses to add Edison Format, what makes you think they'd add your formats?

Skyonator

Post #5 by Skyonator » Thu Jun 08, 2023 5:57 pm

Renji Asuka wrote:
Skyonator wrote:

Use it.

1. I am calm
4. Since Duelingbook refuses to add Edison Format, what makes you think they'd add your formats?

1+2: Thats good and yeah true you gave me a solution. But as i said its not rly what i had in mind^^
3+4: Have they straight up refused to add edison or are they just quiet about it? And yeah i already knew that i wont happen but i do just as the guy that asked if a ranked custom would be cool. I just ask what people would think about it. And yeah i missunderstood your answer and overreacted. For that i am sorry

Renji Asuka

Post #6 by Renji Asuka » Fri Jun 09, 2023 1:35 am

Skyonator wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:
Skyonator wrote:

1. I am calm

1+2: Thats good and yeah true you gave me a solution. But as i said its not rly what i had in mind^^
3+4: Have they straight up refused to add edison or are they just quiet about it? And yeah i already knew that i wont happen but i do just as the guy that asked if a ranked custom would be cool. I just ask what people would think about it. And yeah i missunderstood your answer and overreacted. For that i am sorry

Yes, Duelingbook has stated multiple times that they won't add Edison Format.

Skyonator

Post #7 by Skyonator » Fri Jun 09, 2023 8:00 am

But they still host Edison Tournaments??? Oh Duelingbook....pls make sense :D

greg503

Post #8 by greg503 » Fri Jun 09, 2023 3:07 pm

There's a difference between hosting tournaments in unrated and coding an entire rated section, cardpool/banlist, and judges training themselves on rulings for that format.
Buy Floowandereeze

troglyte
Mood:

Post #9 by troglyte » Fri Jun 09, 2023 4:12 pm

Proof that Rush Duels are more legitimate than Edison.
Crab Turtle respects your pronouns.
he/him
Sign the Crab Turtle petition here! http://chng.it/J4rvHFFfZG

MarshieDemon

Post #10 by MarshieDemon » Mon Jun 12, 2023 1:32 am

Chill, guys. No need to get hostile. It's a genuine suggestion and it's one I hear about a lot.

The practicalities behind it would be a bit tricky. The amount of work it would take to set up individual formats for each "era" probably wouldn't get paid off by the amount of people who play those formats. It'd be a pretty niche community. Not to mention, each of my judges would have to get trained in the rulings of each time period, and most of us can barely follow the logic of Goat rulings.

Thank you for the suggestion though. Very much appreciated!

Head Administrator

robinatk

Post #11 by robinatk » Mon Jun 12, 2023 8:50 am

MarshieDemon wrote:Chill, guys. No need to get hostile. It's a genuine suggestion and it's one I hear about a lot.

The practicalities behind it would be a bit tricky. The amount of work it would take to set up individual formats for each "era" probably wouldn't get paid off by the amount of people who play those formats. It'd be a pretty niche community. Not to mention, each of my judges would have to get trained in the rulings of each time period, and most of us can barely follow the logic of Goat rulings.

Thank you for the suggestion though. Very much appreciated!

Soemthing like this?
https://www.yugioh-card.com/en/play/generationduel/

Skyonator

Post #12 by Skyonator » Mon Jun 12, 2023 11:46 am

@robinatk: yeah exactly. Thats exactly what i meant :)

@MarshieDemon: Tbh i would say at least the DM/GX community isnt that small at least from what i saw on DB. Altough rated "era" would be cool i think unrated with the given banlist (much like the unrated GOAT format) would be enough but i can see that the workload to implement this would be huge so i can understand why its not coming^^

Return to “Spam Paradise”