Here you can discuss just about whatever you want
DLdecktester

Should rated customs exist?

Post #1 by DLdecktester » Mon Apr 24, 2023 3:28 am

Idk ngl...it's DB

Renji Asuka

Post #2 by Renji Asuka » Mon Apr 24, 2023 4:59 am

The answer is...no

It would require more staff and more moderation over custom cards.

It's just a side toy that Steven did for us.
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

Genexwrecker

Post #3 by Genexwrecker » Mon Apr 24, 2023 11:11 am

no
Official Duelingbook Support staff
Official Duelingbook Resource Judge
Official Duelingbook Tournament Admin.(Other tournament Admin is Runzy)

KTeknis

Post #4 by KTeknis » Mon Apr 24, 2023 12:31 pm

The closest I know is to find a DB custom card discord server that have some kind of rating system in it.
I have interest in badly designed custom cards.
You saw these cards as terrible, I saw them as ideas.

Renji Asuka

Post #5 by Renji Asuka » Mon Apr 24, 2023 6:32 pm

KTeknis wrote:The closest I know is to find a DB custom card discord server that have some kind of rating system in it.

Don't go for any custom card discords that have any form of rating.

Once your shit gets approved, then people in the discord get salty about your deck, and next thing you know you're forced to change your already accepted cards instead of just creating a ban list.

Not talking about how the fact that people on the team that the Card Approval Team will be bias towards those on the team. A CAT member created World Travelers, which most players were unable to beat in the discord, yet my Nekos (Synchro Summon/Mill deck) were a problem despite being unable to beat World Travelers. I point this fact out, and it (in my opinion) broke the entire discord. Which brought on how that archetype had to be changed. I ended up leaving and will never join any discord for custom cards.

All of that, cause a CAT member got salty in a friendly no stake duel, where I decked them out.

The main deck monsters were relatively low powered, the synchro monsters had a tribute mechanic similar to stardust dragon but for negates, which only 1 can negate a card, and the other could negate an attack. The milling from the main deck monsters were treated as a "cost", much like Gravekeeper's servant, but on everything the opponent did and you couldn't have more than 1 of the same monsters on field (main deck ones) so it couldn't stack up to be ridiculous.

DarwisBellium92
Mood:

Post #6 by DarwisBellium92 » Tue Apr 25, 2023 3:17 pm

Renji Asuka wrote:
KTeknis wrote:The closest I know is to find a DB custom card discord server that have some kind of rating system in it.

Once your shit gets approved, then people in the discord get salty about your deck, and next thing you know you're forced to change your already accepted cards instead of just creating a ban list.

Not talking about how the fact that people on the team that the Card Approval Team will be bias towards those on the team. A CAT member created World Travelers, which most players were unable to beat in the discord, yet my Nekos (Synchro Summon/Mill deck) were a problem despite being unable to beat World Travelers. I point this fact out, and it (in my opinion) broke the entire discord. Which brought on how that archetype had to be changed. I ended up leaving and will never join any discord for custom cards.

All of that, cause a CAT member got salty in a friendly no stake duel, where I decked them out.

The main deck monsters were relatively low powered, the synchro monsters had a tribute mechanic similar to stardust dragon but for negates, which only 1 can negate a card, and the other could negate an attack. The milling from the main deck monsters were treated as a "cost", much like Gravekeeper's servant, but on everything the opponent did and you couldn't have more than 1 of the same monsters on field (main deck ones) so it couldn't stack up to be ridiculous.

I agree with Renji.

I've seen the custom card server of Yuja Drayko's friends, I haven't seen so much toxicity in my life, even though they throw a tantrum when they lose to me and others :lol:
Im cardmaker pioneer with 15 years experience, KONAMI member illustrator and 360 degrees artist
Albaz/Branded and Gem-Knight/Tearlaments/Shaddoll player

"Not crediting an artist for your crappy custom cards is a world crime."
Cit.

MarshieDemon

Post #7 by MarshieDemon » Wed Apr 26, 2023 11:29 pm

Boy, that sure sounds difficult from a judging perspective.

We already have to deal with Konami's made up rulings for the TCG/OCG. Trying to deal with other people's made up rulings sounds like a headache.

Head Administrator

Fredblade
Mood:

Post #8 by Fredblade » Thu Apr 27, 2023 2:01 am

It already exist, although it can only be played with cards made by this Konami dude, idk why people are so willing to play with their cards, they seem too broken and unfun to play against.

Neo_Fire_Sonic

Post #9 by Neo_Fire_Sonic » Thu May 04, 2023 6:21 pm

They totally can exist, problem is there's too many biased people who don't bother looking at the customs, just like how no one reads cards duh. I'd be totally interested in it, thing is there would need to be other stuff like having cards submitted for approval, maybe a few people who look at the submissions can fix people's shitty psct and stuff. But like I said, they won't do that because salty bias bullshit, they don't want fun, and they don't want to make a solution for any possible issues.
b

troglyte
Mood:

Post #10 by troglyte » Thu May 04, 2023 11:02 pm

Rush Duels deserves a Rated Pool more than Customs.
Crab Turtle respects your pronouns.
he/him
Sign the Crab Turtle petition here! http://chng.it/J4rvHFFfZG

Renji Asuka

Post #11 by Renji Asuka » Fri May 05, 2023 1:06 am

Neo_Fire_Sonic wrote:They totally can exist, problem is there's too many biased people who don't bother looking at the customs, just like how no one reads cards duh. I'd be totally interested in it, thing is there would need to be other stuff like having cards submitted for approval, maybe a few people who look at the submissions can fix people's shitty psct and stuff. But like I said, they won't do that because salty bias bullshit, they don't want fun, and they don't want to make a solution for any possible issues.

When you can literally make a card that says "If this card is in your deck: You win the duel."

Because of this, customs would have to be heavily moderated in what would be acceptable or not. That isn't even going into the fact there may be bias judges who allow 1 powerful deck, yet you make a deck that can compete against it on even grounds it'd be denied.

That's not going into the amount manpower that'd be required, which the staff cannot really spare.

Then you have the ruling nightmares considering that 1,000s of custom cards are made daily and I'd say over 90% of them don't have proper PSCT.

So you want to dedicate manpower to that as well?

Yeah Rated Customs cannot exist.

Fredblade
Mood:

Post #12 by Fredblade » Fri May 05, 2023 1:24 am

People seem to forget that customs is just for the sake of entertainment, there's literally no point on being competitive because if anyone can make their cards as strong as they are, then it's just a contest of whoever can make the most OP card ever, even when there are groups that try to create a sense of balance, in an environment where people can create anything and each person has different standards for balance, it's just too much they can handle and these groups end up either being too restrictive, too biased towards an specific user's (or group of users) opinion, or end up collapsing.
People have a lot of dividing opinions when it comes to how Konami handles their game and how they design their modern archetypes, but you know, it's Konami, as much as you might not like decks like Kashtira, you have to accept they exist, you can't deny their existence, in customs however, nobody has the obligation of taking your creations seriously because they're not official cards.

People that try to be competitive in customs are just being delusional, just go play official ranked.

KTeknis

Post #13 by KTeknis » Fri May 05, 2023 3:13 am

Just sharing this, but maybe some people aren't wanting to play customs competitively, but for other people to use their cards competitively.

I remembered when one day I was contacted by a custom card server that I once submitted card into that one of the card apparently synergies too well with a custom archetype in that server that it needs a nerf. So I checked around and saw that several people had used my card in the server's monthly tournament, and one of them managed to won the tournament with it, and I was like "dayum bro".

It's a good ego boost in a way. and maybe one of the reasons some of the cards in some custom server had questionable balance: I think people wanted to try to make their card as close as possible to the server's power limit so that people want to use it.
I have interest in badly designed custom cards.
You saw these cards as terrible, I saw them as ideas.

Renji Asuka

Post #14 by Renji Asuka » Fri May 05, 2023 6:47 am

KTeknis wrote:Just sharing this, but maybe some people aren't wanting to play customs competitively, but for other people to use their cards competitively.

I remembered when one day I was contacted by a custom card server that I once submitted card into that one of the card apparently synergies too well with a custom archetype in that server that it needs a nerf. So I checked around and saw that several people had used my card in the server's monthly tournament, and one of them managed to won the tournament with it, and I was like "dayum bro".

It's a good ego boost in a way. and maybe one of the reasons some of the cards in some custom server had questionable balance: I think people wanted to try to make their card as close as possible to the server's power limit so that people want to use it.

I love the feeling when people use my custom cards. A person really liked my Nekomusashi's @.@

Neo_Fire_Sonic

Post #15 by Neo_Fire_Sonic » Fri May 05, 2023 11:40 pm

Renji Asuka wrote:
Neo_Fire_Sonic wrote:They totally can exist, problem is there's too many biased people who don't bother looking at the customs, just like how no one reads cards duh. I'd be totally interested in it, thing is there would need to be other stuff like having cards submitted for approval, maybe a few people who look at the submissions can fix people's shitty psct and stuff. But like I said, they won't do that because salty bias bullshit, they don't want fun, and they don't want to make a solution for any possible issues.

When you can literally make a card that says "If this card is in your deck: You win the duel."

Because of this, customs would have to be heavily moderated in what would be acceptable or not. That isn't even going into the fact there may be bias judges who allow 1 powerful deck, yet you make a deck that can compete against it on even grounds it'd be denied.

That's not going into the amount manpower that'd be required, which the staff cannot really spare.

Then you have the ruling nightmares considering that 1,000s of custom cards are made daily and I'd say over 90% of them don't have proper PSCT.

Or maybe you realize that you literally solved your own issue, if someone makes a stupid instantwin effect that actually autowins at the beginning of the duel, it simply gets denied access to use, and once again, for man-power they simply also need to get more people who are ***interested*** in actually bothering to look at custom cards, meaning not the current team, they'd literally have to make a specific test or shit for some sort of "Customs" judge or something. And once again the proper psct thing would be solved via the having them look at the submissions, as in the judge can actually look at the card, so the judge can fix their shitty psct. Its almost like I'm making a custom card now lol you aren't even reading what I said before.
b

Renji Asuka

Post #16 by Renji Asuka » Sat May 06, 2023 4:17 pm

Neo_Fire_Sonic wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:

Or maybe you realize that you literally solved your own issue, if someone makes a stupid instantwin effect that actually autowins at the beginning of the duel, it simply gets denied access to use, and once again, for man-power they simply also need to get more people who are ***interested*** in actually bothering to look at custom cards, meaning not the current team, they'd literally have to make a specific test or shit for some sort of "Customs" judge or something. And once again the proper psct thing would be solved via the having them look at the submissions, as in the judge can actually look at the card, so the judge can fix their shitty psct. Its almost like I'm making a custom card now lol you aren't even reading what I said before.

You didn't read anything that I said about custom card discords have you?

I recommend you do.

Also we barely have judges online throughout the day, do you honestly think Custom Rated would even have dedicated staff to go through hundreds if not thousands of cards at a time?

It isn't going to happen.

LightCaster
Mood:

Post #17 by LightCaster » Sun May 07, 2023 9:34 pm

Renji Asuka wrote:

So literally what Dark Priscilla does? They preach about being better card designers than Konami but anything that gets the boss monster out at regular speed is considered broken.

Renji Asuka

Post #18 by Renji Asuka » Mon May 08, 2023 12:29 am

LightCaster wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:

So literally what Dark Priscilla does? They preach about being better card designers than Konami but anything that gets the boss monster out at regular speed is considered broken.

I remember being in one of the custom card discords and Dark Priscilla was in it.

A lot of whining happened cause their stuff wouldn't be accepted if I recall.

Neo_Fire_Sonic

Post #19 by Neo_Fire_Sonic » Mon May 08, 2023 11:49 pm

Renji Asuka wrote:You didn't read anything that I said about custom card discords have you?

I recommend you do.

Also we barely have judges online throughout the day, do you honestly think Custom Rated would even have dedicated staff to go through hundreds if not thousands of cards at a time?

Not everyone is going to submit their shitty customs. And as I literally said twice now, they would simply have to ***make*** a dedicated staff to go look at any cards, for them to fix and put proper psct so people will act slightly less stupid. One more thing *again*, this would be judges literally for customs, as in it has its own specific test for it for different judges altogether. The only reason it "isn't going to happen" is because you simply don't want to do it/biased people who simply don't bother looking.
b

greg503

Post #20 by greg503 » Tue May 09, 2023 2:31 am

Neo_Fire_Sonic wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:You didn't read anything that I said about custom card discords have you?

I recommend you do.

Not everyone is going to submit their shitty customs. And as I literally said twice now, they would simply have to ***make*** a dedicated staff to go look at any cards, for them to fix and put proper psct so people will act slightly less stupid. One more thing *again*, this would be judges literally for customs, as in it has its own specific test for it for different judges altogether. The only reason it "isn't going to happen" is because you simply don't want to do it/biased people who simply don't bother looking.

The only reason it "isn't going to happen" is because THERE AREN'T ENOUGH PEOPLE TO GET IT DONE RIGHT. At least in an autosim, you have the benefit of cards working as programmed, raising the bar of entry and removing the need for dedicated judges (see KoishiPro (https://discord.gg/bPHzrys). Why would I want a customs rated in DB over a Ranked mode on this?
Buy Floowandereeze

Return to “Spam Paradise”