replay changes

Here you can discuss just about whatever you want
greg503

Re: replay changes

Post #21 by greg503 » Wed May 25, 2022 3:26 pm

Sound4 wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:
Sound4 wrote:Not exactly. It is like saying in a sport that teams getting information and games off opponents is bad. Information is important but you also must analyse replays and build your deck to try an counter the most prevalent strategies.

Its like going into the other teams dugout and stealing their binder full of their gameplans between innings

Yet there is no "stealing" going on here.

You're stealing the private knowledge of what their plans are
Buy Floowandereeze

PENMASTER

Post #22 by PENMASTER » Wed May 25, 2022 6:28 pm

greg503 wrote:
Sound4 wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:Its like going into the other teams dugout and stealing their binder full of their gameplans between innings

in completely public games it isn't private knowledge and anyone watching can pick up on it there isn't any private knowledge being taken or used in a way no normal human could
love2hate

Genexwrecker

Post #23 by Genexwrecker » Wed May 25, 2022 6:40 pm

PENMASTER wrote:
greg503 wrote:
Sound4 wrote:Yet there is no "stealing" going on here.

in completely public games it isn't private knowledge and anyone watching can pick up on it there isn't any private knowledge being taken or used in a way no normal human could

In a ycs event you are not able to identify the contents of your opponents deck unless you do the following.
1.) steal the decklist sheets
2.)steal their deck and look through it
3.) do not play and hover directly over that person looking at every single card they touch and play until you see all 40-60 main deck cards and all 15 extra and side deck cards.

due to stuff like ygoscope during a tournament you are able to grab an opponents deck information that you would not have access to and should never have access to even if you watched the game itself occur. granting you an absurdly massive advantage for your matchup.
Official Duelingbook Support staff
Official Duelingbook Resource Judge
Official Duelingbook Tournament Admin.(Other tournament Admin is Runzy)

Sound4

Post #24 by Sound4 » Sun May 29, 2022 8:56 pm

Genexwrecker wrote:
PENMASTER wrote:
greg503 wrote:You're stealing the private knowledge of what their plans are

In a ycs event you are not able to identify the contents of your opponents deck unless you do the following.
3.) do not play and hover directly over that person looking at every single card they touch and play until you see all 40-60 main deck cards and all 15 extra and side deck cards.

due to stuff like ygoscope during a tournament you are able to grab an opponents deck information that you would not have access to and should never have access to even if you watched the game itself occur. granting you an absurdly massive advantage for your matchup.

You don't even know if you are going to play against that certain person or even be able to identify what user they are and what deck they are using.

Sound4

Post #25 by Sound4 » Sun May 29, 2022 8:57 pm

greg503 wrote:
Sound4 wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:Its like going into the other teams dugout and stealing their binder full of their gameplans between innings

How? Explain

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #26 by Lil Oldman » Sun May 29, 2022 9:31 pm

Sound4 wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:
PENMASTER wrote:in completely public games it isn't private knowledge and anyone watching can pick up on it there isn't any private knowledge being taken or used in a way no normal human could

You don't even know if you are going to play against that certain person or even be able to identify what user they are and what deck they are using.

Rounds are given
Open YGOScope
Fastest decklist edit in the west
Done
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."
Help I cannot remove this music from my head
https://youtu.be/ZuXI7qcNsHQ
Will try reviewing custom cards if they look interesting.

greg503

Post #27 by greg503 » Mon May 30, 2022 12:14 am

Sound4 wrote:
greg503 wrote:
Sound4 wrote:Yet there is no "stealing" going on here.

How? Explain

Why do you think tournaments don't let participants view ALL the decklists before or during the tournament? Because "If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles." - Sun Tzu
Buy Floowandereeze

Christen57

Post #28 by Christen57 » Mon May 30, 2022 1:00 am

greg503 wrote:
Sound4 wrote:

How? Explain

Why do you think tournaments don't let participants view ALL the decklists before or during the tournament? Because "If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles." - Sun Tzu

What about letting people view them after the tournament, and letting tournament replays' decks and extra decks be visible after the tournament's over?

greg503

Post #29 by greg503 » Mon May 30, 2022 2:39 am

Christen57 wrote:
greg503 wrote:
Sound4 wrote:How? Explain

What about letting people view them after the tournament, and letting tournament replays' decks and extra decks be visible after the tournament's over?

At the TO's discretion, they just store links and images and put them wherever
Buy Floowandereeze

Sound4

Post #30 by Sound4 » Fri Jun 03, 2022 1:02 pm

greg503 wrote:
Sound4 wrote:

How? Explain

You don't even know if you are going to play person or identity and do research.

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #31 by Lil Oldman » Fri Jun 03, 2022 1:06 pm

Sound4 wrote:
greg503 wrote:
Sound4 wrote:How? Explain

You don't even know if you are going to play person or identity and do research.

Cool story. While playing Krawler on my locals, I recognized who I was going against. Bought a Madolche Teacher Glassoffle in order to have a target for Winter Cherries. I won the match.
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."

Christen57

Post #32 by Christen57 » Fri Jun 03, 2022 1:10 pm

greg503 wrote:
Christen57 wrote:
greg503 wrote:Why do you think tournaments don't let participants view ALL the decklists before or during the tournament? Because "If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles." - Sun Tzu

At the TO's discretion, they just store links and images and put them wherever

What about in regular rated (non-tournament) duels? Since there's no "TO" in those, can't the replays there be visible after a week or so?

ScottyAdams

Post #33 by ScottyAdams » Sat Jun 04, 2022 1:09 am

Okay, so if we are using sports analogies - you are going to at least have some knowledge of the opponent's strategy before facing off against them. Not their specific plays of course, but a baseline of what to expect going into the match up and can plan your own strategy around that.

The difference with yugioh is - you usually don't know who you're gonna be sitting at the table against or facing until the pairings are shown. Especially at a YCS during Swiss, so you're not going to have that baseline until you face them. There's also the ability to surrender g1 without giving away that knowlege that just isn't possible in sports.

I do agree that using YGOScope during the match itself should be prevented. 100%. Using outside resources/technology is illegal in sports (during the match).

Sound4

Post #34 by Sound4 » Tue Jun 07, 2022 6:21 pm

Lil Oldman wrote:
Sound4 wrote:
greg503 wrote:Why do you think tournaments don't let participants view ALL the decklists before or during the tournament? Because "If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles." - Sun Tzu

Cool story. While playing Krawler on my locals, I recognized who I was going against. Bought a Madolche Teacher Glassoffle in order to have a target for Winter Cherries. I won the match.

Yeah but that is locals Regionals or YCSs are far more secure.

Christen57

Post #35 by Christen57 » Tue Jun 07, 2022 6:35 pm

Sound4 wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:
Sound4 wrote:You don't even know if you are going to play person or identity and do research.

The question is, are these online tournaments held on duelingbook treated as "locals" or as regionals/YCSs?

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #36 by Lil Oldman » Tue Jun 07, 2022 7:24 pm

Sound4 wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:
Sound4 wrote:You don't even know if you are going to play person or identity and do research.

Theres literally OTS within the event's grounds.

greg503

Post #37 by greg503 » Tue Jun 07, 2022 8:01 pm

Christen57 wrote:
Sound4 wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:Cool story. While playing Krawler on my locals, I recognized who I was going against. Bought a Madolche Teacher Glassoffle in order to have a target for Winter Cherries. I won the match.

The question is, are these online tournaments held on duelingbook treated as "locals" or as regionals/YCSs?

They are all unofficial as far as Konami us concerned (of course, they will also use them to identify things to hit, but that doesn't count)
Buy Floowandereeze

Return to “Spam Paradise”