replay changes

Here you can discuss just about whatever you want
PENMASTER

replay changes

Post #1 by PENMASTER » Fri May 20, 2022 9:32 pm

so yall put a thing on replays to have us click the box saying were not a robot and I don't have an issue with that and I wanted to know why?
so I heard there was an issue with some bots on rated and unrated but I was wondering how they could somehow cause issues after a duel is over or get some kind of information they arent suppost to know
love2hate

Genexwrecker

Post #2 by Genexwrecker » Fri May 20, 2022 9:51 pm

Prevents bots from grabbing replays after the duel is over. Aka ygoscope
Official Duelingbook Support staff
Official Duelingbook Resource Judge
Official Duelingbook Tournament Admin.(Other tournament Admin is Runzy)

greg503

Post #3 by greg503 » Fri May 20, 2022 10:04 pm

Genexwrecker wrote:Prevents bots from grabbing replays after the duel is over. Aka ygoscope

Unless they REALLY invest in anti-captcha botting, but I don't see that being used for this
Buy Floowandereeze

PENMASTER

Post #4 by PENMASTER » Sat May 21, 2022 1:52 am

Genexwrecker wrote:Prevents bots from grabbing replays after the duel is over. Aka ygoscope

ah wonder why that's an issue
also I saw something on the discords suggestions channel and xteven replied to a comment that most complaints were in unrated games so I wonder what people were complaining about exactly and why
love2hate

Christen57

Post #5 by Christen57 » Sat May 21, 2022 2:32 pm

Since when did bots grabbing replays become an issue?

Christen57

Post #6 by Christen57 » Sat May 21, 2022 2:32 pm

itsmetristan

Post #7 by itsmetristan » Sat May 21, 2022 6:26 pm

Christen57 wrote:

Ygoscope

Also, there seem to be other types of bots capable of scraping entire decklists from repalys, which is a massive problem.

I'm not a web programmer, so I don't know how well the captcha system works at preventing these, but these are the issues that arise from bots grabbing replays.

RC-2
PC-1

Senior Admin

Renji Asuka

Post #8 by Renji Asuka » Sat May 21, 2022 7:36 pm

itsmetristan wrote:
Christen57 wrote:

Ygoscope

Also, there seem to be other types of bots capable of scraping entire decklists from repalys, which is a massive problem.

I'm not a web programmer, so I don't know how well the captcha system works at preventing these, but these are the issues that arise from bots grabbing replays.

How are bots that are getting decklists and replays bad?
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

Christen57

Post #9 by Christen57 » Sat May 21, 2022 7:39 pm

itsmetristan wrote:
Christen57 wrote:

Ygoscope

I always thought Ygoscope was supported by duelingbook which is how Ygoscope was able to collect data on the current meta decks in the first place. Either way, how did it become an issue that Ygoscope was providing data on the current meta using data from duelingbook? Many of us players use Ygoscope to figure out what the current best decks are so we know which cards to main and side deck and whatnot when going into ranked on duelingbook.

Anything a bot can scrape, a human can scrape as well. Plus, replays only show you the cards people played in the duel(s) in question. It doesn't show any cards that remained in a player's deck or extra deck for the entire duel without ever coming out, so most of a player's cards will still be hidden, meaning no bot would be able to access those hidden cards anyways.

Seriously, unless these bots are actually harming or damaging duelingbook in any way, or are causing duelingbook to lag/crash like DDOS attacks or something, this is a non-issue and you should let the bots do their job so us players can have the information we need on the meta decks and thus know which cards to main deck and side deck. I remember in the previous format when we were still under the February 7 2022 banlist, I was able to use Ygoscope to figure out that Floowandereeze, Branded, Eldlich, Prank-Kids, Swordsoul, and so on, were the most played decks in ranked at the moment, and thanks to this valuable information I was able to figure out how I should build my deck going up against these meta decks I was gonna run into a lot.

greg503

Post #10 by greg503 » Sat May 21, 2022 8:32 pm

Christen57 wrote:
itsmetristan wrote:
Christen57 wrote:

Ygoscope

I always thought Ygoscope was supported by duelingbook which is how Ygoscope was able to collect data on the current meta decks in the first place. Either way, how did it become an issue that Ygoscope was providing data on the current meta using data from duelingbook? Many of us players use Ygoscope to figure out what the current best decks are so we know which cards to main and side deck and whatnot when going into ranked on duelingbook.

Anything a bot can scrape, a human can scrape as well. Plus, replays only show you the cards people played in the duel(s) in question. It doesn't show any cards that remained in a player's deck or extra deck for the entire duel without ever coming out, so most of a player's cards will still be hidden, meaning no bot would be able to access those hidden cards anyways.

Seriously, unless these bots are actually harming or damaging duelingbook in any way, or are causing duelingbook to lag/crash like DDOS attacks or something, this is a non-issue and you should let the bots do their job so us players can have the information we need on the meta decks and thus know which cards to main deck and side deck. I remember in the previous format when we were still under the February 7 2022 banlist, I was able to use Ygoscope to figure out that Floowandereeze, Branded, Eldlich, Prank-Kids, Swordsoul, and so on, were the most played decks in ranked at the moment, and thanks to this valuable information I was able to figure out how I should build my deck going up against these meta decks I was gonna run into a lot.

Both replays and games themselves use the same duel.js file, so I assume something could be done with that, given that the ability to view decks is a part of gameplay.
Buy Floowandereeze

Genexwrecker

Post #11 by Genexwrecker » Sat May 21, 2022 9:00 pm

Renji Asuka wrote:
itsmetristan wrote:
Christen57 wrote:

Ygoscope

Because it is letting people gain unfair advantage in 250+ man events with prizing.

PENMASTER

Post #12 by PENMASTER » Sat May 21, 2022 10:18 pm

Genexwrecker wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:
itsmetristan wrote:Ygoscope

Because it is letting people gain unfair advantage in 250+ man events with prizing.

I mean sucks for them I guess using information public to anyone and just collecting it in a faster fashion just seems like a sucks for you moment plus with betting someone uses a deck from rated replays in a huge event is whatever unless they somehow have a bot to stalk someone 24/7 and steal all the replays and even at that anyone can pay someone some cash to do that and do it themselves. i don't really care about it but it just seems odd you take action over this and why
love2hate

Genexwrecker

Post #13 by Genexwrecker » Sat May 21, 2022 10:34 pm

PENMASTER wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:How are bots that are getting decklists and replays bad?

I mean sucks for them I guess using information public to anyone and just collecting it in a faster fashion just seems like a sucks for you moment plus with betting someone uses a deck from rated replays in a huge event is whatever unless they somehow have a bot to stalk someone 24/7 and steal all the replays and even at that anyone can pay someone some cash to do that and do it themselves. i don't really care about it but it just seems odd you take action over this and why

well the bot check thing is only temporary while a better fix is being done it will be removed very soon.

Renji Asuka

Post #14 by Renji Asuka » Sat May 21, 2022 10:44 pm

Genexwrecker wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:

Now it all makes sense!
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #15 by Lil Oldman » Sat May 21, 2022 11:02 pm

Ins't this similar to when someone buys big Poker databases?
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."
Help I cannot remove this music from my head
https://youtu.be/ZuXI7qcNsHQ
Will try reviewing custom cards if they look interesting.

Genexwrecker

Post #16 by Genexwrecker » Sat May 21, 2022 11:10 pm

Lil Oldman wrote:Ins't this similar to when someone buys big Poker databases?

pretty much yea

Sound4

Post #17 by Sound4 » Sun May 22, 2022 2:50 pm

Genexwrecker wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:

Not exactly. It is like saying in a sport that teams getting information and games off opponents is bad. Information is important but you also must analyse replays and build your deck to try an counter the most prevalent strategies.

greg503

Post #18 by greg503 » Sun May 22, 2022 3:53 pm

Sound4 wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:

Not exactly. It is like saying in a sport that teams getting information and games off opponents is bad. Information is important but you also must analyse replays and build your deck to try an counter the most prevalent strategies.

If you know what players you'll be facing, you can build a deck to beat them specifically. Knowing if you'll dodge matchups is an unfair advantage
Buy Floowandereeze

Genexwrecker

Post #19 by Genexwrecker » Sun May 22, 2022 4:44 pm

Sound4 wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:

Its like going into the other teams dugout and stealing their binder full of their gameplans between innings

Sound4

Post #20 by Sound4 » Wed May 25, 2022 3:00 pm

Genexwrecker wrote:
Sound4 wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:Because it is letting people gain unfair advantage in 250+ man events with prizing.

Its like going into the other teams dugout and stealing their binder full of their gameplans between innings

Yet there is no "stealing" going on here.

Return to “Spam Paradise”