I'm extremely hyped right now!

Here you can discuss just about whatever you want
Renji Asuka

I'm extremely hyped right now!

Post #1 by Renji Asuka » Mon Apr 11, 2022 7:19 am

With Structure Deck R: Devil's Gate (aka Dark World Structure Deck being remade) Source: https://ygorganization.com/ocg-structur ... vils-gate/

I'm just EXTREMELY HYPED. Been playing Dark Worlds since Elemental Energy booster pack! Picked up the structure deck in 2012 @.@ And now we are getting it remade.

Now we also have a chance of seeing 3 anime only cards possibly being printed! Colorless, Chaos King of Dark World, Cobal Excavator of Dark World and Dark Corridor!

I just really hope they make Cobal and Colorless actually good and I hope that Dark Corridor is untouched!
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

Sound4

Post #2 by Sound4 » Mon Apr 11, 2022 5:54 pm

I doubt it will put Dark world into top tier contention.

Renji Asuka

Post #3 by Renji Asuka » Mon Apr 11, 2022 6:16 pm

Sound4 wrote:I doubt it will put Dark world into top tier contention.

You don't realize Dark Worlds back in Elemental Energy was actually META, then again in the META spotlight in 2012 when they got their structure deck. Then META once more when mixed with Dangers and was even involved with a FTK in if I recall 2018.

But tell me how you doubt they will be Top Tier ;)

Sound4

Post #4 by Sound4 » Mon Apr 11, 2022 6:25 pm

Renji Asuka wrote:

You don't realize Dark Worlds back in Elemental Energy was actually META, then again in the META spotlight in 2012 when they got their structure deck. Then META once more when mixed with Dangers and was even involved with a FTK in if I recall 2018.

Dark world don't have much interactions with current meta and the consistency is not that good. It's boards are not that threatening and since people are still playing forbiddem droplet for other strategies it makes Dark world not that good. Plus I did some research and 2012 yugioh wasn't a very powerful format but was pretty good.

Renji Asuka

Post #5 by Renji Asuka » Mon Apr 11, 2022 6:54 pm

Sound4 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:

Dark world don't have much interactions with current meta and the consistency is not that good. It's boards are not that threatening and since people are still playing forbiddem droplet for other strategies it makes Dark world not that good. Plus I did some research and 2012 yugioh wasn't a very powerful format but was pretty good.

>Not Consistent

Bruh, it is EXTREMELY consistent of a deck. It has a TON of draw power, and even can search by snoww.

>Its boards are not that threatening

Depending on the variant you play, turn 1 it can be really nasty with an infinite monster negate involving Dark World Brainwashing. Then you have the deck's ability to play Dingirsu which can not only send a card your opponent has to the GY, it can also protect your field. It can also play 4 mat Apollousa with EASE and still make plays afterwards. And you can even use Union Carrier to play Dragon Buster Destruction Sword (if you're playing Master Duel). And this isn't even talking about going 2nd where the deck LOVES to break boards if playing an Xyz variant.

>Forbidden Droplets
Bruh, the deck doesn't care about Forbidden Droplets. The monsters you bring out from the extra deck will, but that's it, which again going back on the previous point the deck loves to break boards. So Forbidden Droplets isn't an issue.

If you want to bring up the weaknesses of the deck, then at least name the actual weaknesses instead of droplets. Called by the Grave CAN hurt the deck (depending on what you stop), but its at 1. Droll & Lockbird shuts the deck down. Same with Macro Cosmos and the like.

I'm not saying the deck is unbeatable, but at least have knowledge on what the deck can and can't do.

Also Dark Corridor: https://yugioh.fandom.com/wiki/Dark_Corridor If this is added untouched (which isn't too far off as most dark world cards aren't once per turn or hard once per turn), the deck would get an insane boost to consistency, being able to say add idk, Grapha from the deck to say make Trade-In live (Yes I know Trade-In doesn't trigger Dark Worlds, but it can trigger Dangers), I then pitch say Broww and get another card or pitch snoww and get another card.

https://yugioh.fandom.com/wiki/Cobal,_E ... Dark_World This would need a complete redesign, as its just bad, even from GX era standards

Assuming we could be getting Colorless, Chaos King of Dark World, we have no idea what it can or can't do as it was never shown in the anime: https://yugioh.fandom.com/wiki/Colorles ... Dark_World

These 3 cards are the only Dark World cards that haven't been printed that was from the anime.

So please, don't act like the deck can't do anything or won't do anything despite not knowing what the new support will be let alone what the retrain will be.

greg503

Post #6 by greg503 » Mon Apr 11, 2022 7:25 pm

Renji Asuka wrote:
Sound4 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:You don't realize Dark Worlds back in Elemental Energy was actually META, then again in the META spotlight in 2012 when they got their structure deck. Then META once more when mixed with Dangers and was even involved with a FTK in if I recall 2018.

>Not Consistent

Bruh, it is EXTREMELY consistent of a deck. It has a TON of draw power, and even can search by snoww.

Depending on the variant you play, turn 1 it can be really nasty with an infinite monster negate involving Dark World Brainwashing. Then you have the deck's ability to play Dingirsu which can not only send a card your opponent has to the GY, it can also protect your field. It can also play 4 mat Apollousa with EASE and still make plays afterwards. And you can even use Union Carrier to play Dragon Buster Destruction Sword (if you're playing Master Duel). And this isn't even talking about going 2nd where the deck LOVES to break boards if playing an Xyz variant.

>Forbidden Droplets
Bruh, the deck doesn't care about Forbidden Droplets. The monsters you bring out from the extra deck will, but that's it, which again going back on the previous point the deck loves to break boards. So Forbidden Droplets isn't an issue.

If you want to bring up the weaknesses of the deck, then at least name the actual weaknesses instead of droplets. Called by the Grave CAN hurt the deck (depending on what you stop), but its at 1. Droll & Lockbird shuts the deck down. Same with Macro Cosmos and the like.

I'm not saying the deck is unbeatable, but at least have knowledge on what the deck can and can't do.

Also Dark Corridor: https://yugioh.fandom.com/wiki/Dark_Corridor If this is added untouched (which isn't too far off as most dark world cards aren't once per turn or hard once per turn), the deck would get an insane boost to consistency, being able to say add idk, Grapha from the deck to say make Trade-In live (Yes I know Trade-In doesn't trigger Dark Worlds, but it can trigger Dangers), I then pitch say Broww and get another card or pitch snoww and get another card.

https://yugioh.fandom.com/wiki/Cobal,_E ... Dark_World This would need a complete redesign, as its just bad, even from GX era standards

Assuming we could be getting Colorless, Chaos King of Dark World, we have no idea what it can or can't do as it was never shown in the anime: https://yugioh.fandom.com/wiki/Colorles ... Dark_World

These 3 cards are the only Dark World cards that haven't been printed that was from the anime.

So please, don't act like the deck can't do anything or won't do anything despite not knowing what the new support will be let alone what the retrain will be.

Dark Worlds need erratas to be good...
because their effects are written in a fucking disgusting way
Buy Floowandereeze

Renji Asuka

Post #7 by Renji Asuka » Mon Apr 11, 2022 7:30 pm

greg503 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:
Sound4 wrote:Dark world don't have much interactions with current meta and the consistency is not that good. It's boards are not that threatening and since people are still playing forbiddem droplet for other strategies it makes Dark world not that good. Plus I did some research and 2012 yugioh wasn't a very powerful format but was pretty good.

>Not Consistent

>Forbidden Droplets

Dark Worlds need erratas to be good...
because their effects are written in a fucking disgusting way

Yeah...idk what they were thinking in regards to them being worded the way they were.

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #8 by Lil Oldman » Mon Apr 11, 2022 7:34 pm

Well, this structure deck thing is the best opportunity for Mass Erratas.
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."
Help I cannot remove this music from my head
https://youtu.be/ZuXI7qcNsHQ
Will try reviewing custom cards if they look interesting.

Sound4

Post #9 by Sound4 » Tue Apr 12, 2022 5:07 pm

Renji Asuka wrote:
Sound4 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:You don't realize Dark Worlds back in Elemental Energy was actually META, then again in the META spotlight in 2012 when they got their structure deck. Then META once more when mixed with Dangers and was even involved with a FTK in if I recall 2018.

>Not Consistent

>Forbidden Droplets

The consistency is nothing special it an draw a lot but in a format when people are playing tons of handraps you won't be able to get into your main engine consistently.

Apollousa is a good card but if your board is relying on that then in a format in which people are playing droplet or chalice Apollousa isn't what it was a few years ago.

As you said Called by the grave and Droll destroy this deck so you should be maiming or at least siding Gamma.

Renji Asuka

Post #10 by Renji Asuka » Tue Apr 12, 2022 5:17 pm

Sound4 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:
Sound4 wrote:Dark world don't have much interactions with current meta and the consistency is not that good. It's boards are not that threatening and since people are still playing forbiddem droplet for other strategies it makes Dark world not that good. Plus I did some research and 2012 yugioh wasn't a very powerful format but was pretty good.

>Not Consistent

>Forbidden Droplets

The consistency is nothing special it an draw a lot but in a format when people are playing tons of handraps you won't be able to get into your main engine consistently.

Apollousa is a good card but if your board is relying on that then in a format in which people are playing droplet or chalice Apollousa isn't what it was a few years ago.

As you said Called by the grave and Droll destroy this deck so you should be maiming or at least siding Gamma.

When no one is actually running Droll, I don't need to fear hand traps. But please, keep telling me you don't know anything about dark worlds without telling me :)

DarwisBellium92
Mood:

Post #11 by DarwisBellium92 » Tue Apr 12, 2022 6:13 pm

Sound4 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:

>Not Consistent

>Forbidden Droplets

Sound4, I know you don't know VERY GOOD the meta of Dark World archetype from what I see.
Think twice before saying shit, thank you.
Im cardmaker pioneer with 15 years experience, KONAMI member illustrator and 360 degrees artist
Albaz/Branded and Gem-Knight/Tearlaments/Shaddoll player

"Not crediting an artist for your crappy custom cards is a world crime."
Cit.

Sound4

Post #12 by Sound4 » Tue Apr 12, 2022 8:07 pm

Renji Asuka wrote:
Sound4 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:>Not Consistent

>Forbidden Droplets

When no one is actually running Droll, I don't need to fear hand traps. But please, keep telling me you don't know anything about dark worlds without telling me :)

A lot of people run droll in the side deck for decks like Floowandereeze which are everywhere.

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #13 by Lil Oldman » Tue Apr 12, 2022 8:14 pm

Me when playing 1 specific card that you aren't guaranteed to draw kills an entire deck:
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."

Renji Asuka

Post #14 by Renji Asuka » Wed Apr 13, 2022 12:35 am

Sound4 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:
Sound4 wrote:The consistency is nothing special it an draw a lot but in a format when people are playing tons of handraps you won't be able to get into your main engine consistently.

A lot of people run droll in the side deck for decks like Floowandereeze which are everywhere.

And there's the truth. It's used in the side.

When playing Dark Worlds, you side against your opponent's side. So it's almost like Droll is pointless.

PENMASTER

Post #15 by PENMASTER » Wed Apr 13, 2022 3:58 am

Renji Asuka wrote:
Sound4 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:When no one is actually running Droll, I don't need to fear hand traps. But please, keep telling me you don't know anything about dark worlds without telling me :)

When playing Dark Worlds, you side against your opponent's side. So it's almost like Droll is pointless.

now the issue becomes which one of you draws correctly to fuck the other
love2hate

Renji Asuka

Post #16 by Renji Asuka » Wed Apr 13, 2022 10:18 am

PENMASTER wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:
Sound4 wrote:A lot of people run droll in the side deck for decks like Floowandereeze which are everywhere.

Nah, the issue becomes "I never brought up the fact that they'd be Top Tier", which he chose to argue on, pointlessly might I add, while also not having any knowledge on how the deck operates.

Sound4

Post #17 by Sound4 » Wed Apr 13, 2022 2:42 pm

Renji Asuka wrote:
PENMASTER wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:And there's the truth. It's used in the side.

Nah, the issue becomes "I never brought up the fact that they'd be Top Tier", which he chose to argue on, pointlessly might I add, while also not having any knowledge on how the deck operates.

The reason why I brought that up is because if the support does not make it somewhere around rogue or tier 2 it is not viable. It is pretty simple you don't have much knowledge of this format. Brave decks are everywhere and this support won't do much especially since Dark world don't have really have any interactions with the meta.

Sound4

Post #18 by Sound4 » Wed Apr 13, 2022 2:44 pm

Renji Asuka wrote:
Sound4 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:When no one is actually running Droll, I don't need to fear hand traps. But please, keep telling me you don't know anything about dark worlds without telling me :)

That is why I literally said you should be maiming or at least siding Gamma to counter droll. It doesn't seem like you are reading properly nor does it seem like you know much about this current format.

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #19 by Lil Oldman » Wed Apr 13, 2022 4:21 pm

Who actually cares if a deck they value is viable competitively or not?

Renji Asuka

Post #20 by Renji Asuka » Thu Apr 14, 2022 1:11 am

Sound4 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:
Sound4 wrote:A lot of people run droll in the side deck for decks like Floowandereeze which are everywhere.

That is why I literally said you should be maiming or at least siding Gamma to counter droll. It doesn't seem like you are reading properly nor does it seem like you know much about this current format.

And it goes back to my main point.

YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT A SIDE DECK CARD THAT ISN'T MAIN DECKED.

Also what Lil Oldman says.

Return to “Spam Paradise”