NEW YOUTUBE VIDEO The Positivity Lounge!

Here you can discuss just about whatever you want
jaytastic1029

NEW YOUTUBE VIDEO The Positivity Lounge!

Post #1 by jaytastic1029 » Mon Apr 04, 2022 2:20 am

WE BACK ON DB RATED FOLKS! Come check it out and support your boy and let us grow because together we are the Positivity Lounge! LETS GOOOO!!!!

https://youtu.be/3XPD_d0n0x8

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #2 by Lil Oldman » Mon Apr 04, 2022 3:19 am

So, I tried giving your videos a chance, to see what these posts are all about.
I want to say, I don't exactly see much of a point to the videos. The couple Master duel videos I saw, (True Draco Kaiju N/R and Weathers in Platinum) lack personality. I don't see much of a reason to see this over other youtubers videos on the same topic.

Now this dB video is extremely barebones. It feels incredibly slow and I had to watch it at x2 speed to avoid zoning out. I know dB by nature can be slower than other plataforms like YGOPro or Nexus, but in my opinion it doesn't excuse this video being as slow paced as it is.
The videos in general could also use a little editing and polishing. There's no editing to help out the slower parts of dB and Master Duel, those being the combos and the thinking, making these videos become stale.

This is just my opinion in the end of the day, do whatever you think will help your channel more.
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."
Help I cannot remove this music from my head
https://youtu.be/ZuXI7qcNsHQ
Will try reviewing custom cards if they look interesting.

Renji Asuka

Post #3 by Renji Asuka » Mon Apr 04, 2022 3:35 am

I personally won't watch people's videos on youtube when they advertise.

To me, if you need to advertise your video or channel, you don't actually care about the content or the community you could make.
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

PENMASTER

Post #4 by PENMASTER » Mon Apr 04, 2022 3:45 am

Renji Asuka wrote:I personally won't watch people's videos on youtube when they advertise.

To me, if you need to advertise your video or channel, you don't actually care about the content or the community you could make.

advertizing is essential to get your stuff you there if you care about the content or not it just feels annoying and forced at this point
love2hate

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #5 by Lil Oldman » Mon Apr 04, 2022 3:55 am

Renji Asuka wrote:I personally won't watch people's videos on youtube when they advertise.

I have to disagree. That most promoted content could be considered low effort, yeah, that's true, but all content shouldn't be just tagged as bad just because of advertising. What are collabs but glorified advertisements. To me, if the advertising is compelling enough, I'll give it a chance, and since this has been digging my curiosity for quite a while now, I decided to watch the content and see if it was good enough. Wasn't expecting something big, but the thing was a kinda underwhealming.
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."

Christen57

Post #6 by Christen57 » Mon Apr 04, 2022 4:02 am

PENMASTER wrote:

advertizing is essential to get your stuff you there if you care about the content or not it just feels annoying and forced at this point

I personally blame youtube itself for allowing it's badly-designed algorithm to cherry pick which channels get recognized and which don't, causing some really good videos to barely get recognized while worse videos get more recognition. There should be a better way for newly created-channels to get their videos noticed than to have to compete with thousands of other youtubers who have years of experience.

That being said, the rules on duelingbook specifically prohibit both spamming as well as posting for the sole purpose of advertising a product or youtube channel, and this jaytastic1029 user has been doing both, so report him every time he makes another one of these advertise posts.

jaytastic1029

Post #7 by jaytastic1029 » Tue Apr 05, 2022 10:41 pm

Lil Oldman wrote:So, I tried giving your videos a chance, to see what these posts are all about.
I want to say, I don't exactly see much of a point to the videos. The couple Master duel videos I saw, (True Draco Kaiju N/R and Weathers in Platinum) lack personality. I don't see much of a reason to see this over other youtubers videos on the same topic.

Now this dB video is extremely barebones. It feels incredibly slow and I had to watch it at x2 speed to avoid zoning out. I know dB by nature can be slower than other plataforms like YGOPro or Nexus, but in my opinion it doesn't excuse this video being as slow paced as it is.
The videos in general could also use a little editing and polishing. There's no editing to help out the slower parts of dB and Master Duel, those being the combos and the thinking, making these videos become stale.

This is just my opinion in the end of the day, do whatever you think will help your channel more.

I advertise in order to drive traffic. I guess to you the videos are slow because Im actually live playing it as opposed to commentating a replay. But I appreciate ur opinions. I will consider them :)

jaytastic1029

Post #8 by jaytastic1029 » Tue Apr 05, 2022 10:43 pm

Christen57 wrote:
PENMASTER wrote:

I personally blame youtube itself for allowing it's badly-designed algorithm to cherry pick which channels get recognized and which don't, causing some really good videos to barely get recognized while worse videos get more recognition. There should be a better way for newly created-channels to get their videos noticed than to have to compete with thousands of other youtubers who have years of experience.

That being said, the rules on duelingbook specifically prohibit both spamming as well as posting for the sole purpose of advertising a product or youtube channel, and this jaytastic1029 user has been doing both, so report him every time he makes another one of these advertise posts.

I thought this was spam paradise? Also, show me where those rules are and I'll stop posting. Again thank you for commenting :)

jaytastic1029

Post #9 by jaytastic1029 » Tue Apr 05, 2022 10:45 pm

Lil Oldman wrote:

I have to disagree. That most promoted content could be considered low effort, yeah, that's true, but all content shouldn't be just tagged as bad just because of advertising. What are collabs but glorified advertisements. To me, if the advertising is compelling enough, I'll give it a chance, and since this has been digging my curiosity for quite a while now, I decided to watch the content and see if it was good enough. Wasn't expecting something big, but the thing was a kinda underwhealming.

What will make the videos better instead of underwhelming??

PENMASTER

Post #10 by PENMASTER » Tue Apr 05, 2022 10:48 pm

jaytastic1029 wrote:
Christen57 wrote:
PENMASTER wrote:advertizing is essential to get your stuff you there if you care about the content or not it just feels annoying and forced at this point

I thought this was spam paradise? Also, show me where those rules are and I'll stop posting. Again thank you for commenting :)

the actual forum rules under spam
love2hate

Christen57

Post #11 by Christen57 » Wed Apr 06, 2022 12:00 am

jaytastic1029 wrote:
Christen57 wrote:
PENMASTER wrote:advertizing is essential to get your stuff you there if you care about the content or not it just feels annoying and forced at this point

You also did this in Introductions and Deck Discussions, and, while this is Spam Paradise, there's still a limit on how much actual spam the admins will tolerate, so instead of creating new threads each time you make a new video, stick with 1 or 2 threads on this forum and keep posting each new video you make to those threads only so at least we don't have to see 10-20 different threads promoting the same content.

What will make the videos better instead of underwhelming??

1. Stop using "um" and "uhh" when you talk. That's a common but habit many people have that I was trained to notice and break out of. If you have to pause for a moment to figure out what you'll say next, do that, but having "um" and "uhh" in your sentences weakens those sentences and the overall quality of your content.
  2. I don't need to be reminded to "like, comment, and subscribe" in each of your videos. If I like your content, I'll do those things automatically. I don't get why youtubers feel the need to keep reminding people of these things as if anyone's gonna actually forget to subscribe to a channel they like.
  3. Speak more loudly and clearly. It sounded like you were whispering much of the time. I'm not saying scream at the top of your lungs, but here's a video of Cimo speaking clearly to give you an idea of what I'm talking about. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlbPbrxfBT0
    Your webcam seems good enough and captures your face and voice well enough. It might actually be better than the 720p webcam I currently use, so all that's needed is for you to speak more clearly into your mic, or your webcam if that has a built-in mic like mine does.
  4. Since you're making videos of you dueling in rated, perhaps you should spend some time in your videos analyzing and talking about certain plays you make, certain mistakes you make, and certain mistakes your opponent makes, as that not only helps you improve as a duelist, but also helps people who watch your videos who may happen to play the same deck(s) as you by giving them an idea on how they can pilot those decks better, making your channel a combination of gaming but some educational stuff as well. If literally all you're posting is you dueling people in rated and doing/saying nothing else, your content will get stale quickly, causing your followers to move on from your channel, so if you post yourself dueling plus you educating people on the various lines of plays made throughout the duel, your content will be more engaging as you're entertaining people with your dueling skills but also educating them at the same time so they can learn to get better at the game themselves.
    Here's an example of what I'm talking about: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoBjEuFaEeM&t=500s
    As you can see, MBT Yu-Gi-Oh is dueling, but he's also explaining every move he makes, educating the viewer on why he makes those decisions and what they could learn from that, keeping the viewers engaged.
  5. Post also the decklist you use in those duels instead of just the clips of those duels themselves. This allows people to give you additional feedback on what changes you can make to your deck, what cards you should add, what cards you should take out, and so on. I recommend showing us the decklist on duelingbook, or EDOpro, instead of this video of the physical cards one by one. It's easier to follow when it's in some digital format like on duelingbook. When you have this video of you laying the cards down in front of the camera it looks confusing and gets hard to follow, especially when you begin laying cards tilted and on top of each other and whatnot, making them harder to clearly see, like this:

greg503

Post #12 by greg503 » Wed Apr 06, 2022 12:30 am

Christen57 wrote:[size=150]I don't need to be reminded to "like, comment, and subscribe" in each of your videos. If I like your content, I'll do those things automatically. I don't get why youtubers feel the need to keep reminding people of these things as if anyone's gonna actually forget to subscribe to a channel they like.

The point is marketing, Youtube likes people who do that (by which I mean there's some sort of psychological reason that makes people more likely to do those)
Buy Floowandereeze

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #13 by Lil Oldman » Wed Apr 06, 2022 12:35 am

greg503 wrote:
Christen57 wrote:[size=150]I don't need to be reminded to "like, comment, and subscribe" in each of your videos. If I like your content, I'll do those things automatically. I don't get why youtubers feel the need to keep reminding people of these things as if anyone's gonna actually forget to subscribe to a channel they like.

The point is marketing, Youtube likes people who do that (by which I mean there's some sort of psychological reason that makes people more likely to do those)

There's reminding people to do that and bombard the viewer with the notice every single time.

greg503

Post #14 by greg503 » Wed Apr 06, 2022 12:50 am

Lil Oldman wrote:
greg503 wrote:

There's reminding people to do that and bombard the viewer with the notice every single time.

Just like modern advertising, do yourself a favor, use adblockers
Buy Floowandereeze

Return to “Spam Paradise”