Stop

Here you can discuss just about whatever you want
CardGirlChick
Mood:

Re: Stop

Post #61 by CardGirlChick » Mon Jul 25, 2022 3:59 am

The Duel Records lists duels as wins or losses, that is the score I place value in.

itsmetristan

Post #62 by itsmetristan » Mon Jul 25, 2022 4:33 am

CardGirlChick wrote:I say that because judges/admins/whoever keep thinking its ok for trolls to break rules simply because its unrated, and im explaining how that line of thinking is wrong. If there is a negative consequence/anything, then that is the motivation to not simply leave.

Has nothing to do with being humble, you just can't handle that im right and you have no valid response.

There is no negative consequence. If you care about an unrated loss on your duel records, that's a you thing. Nobody is going to look at that record besides you, and care about an unrated loss, especially when the opponent stalls. This is the exact same as playing a friendly, no-stakes match in real life at an OTS store and the opponent stalls or refuses to play. Just leave. There's no need for judges to enforce anything because the duel does not matter.

RC-2
PC-1

Senior Admin

itsmetristan

Post #63 by itsmetristan » Mon Jul 25, 2022 4:36 am

CardGirlChick wrote:The Duel Records lists duels as wins or losses, that is the score I place value in.

Unrated duel records =/= What's used for rankings, stakes, stats, or anything of value on DB.

RC-2
PC-1

Senior Admin

Renji Asuka

Post #64 by Renji Asuka » Mon Jul 25, 2022 5:15 am

CardGirlChick wrote:I don't play rated, just unrated.

Then it's a personal problem.
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

CardGirlChick
Mood:

Post #65 by CardGirlChick » Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:22 am

Duel Records mean a hell of a lot more than ranking; once you win points; it just morphs into the blob of a number. Duel records = each individual duel stands out.

And it really doesn't matter if someone else places no value in it, you can't blame someone for caring about something that has value to them. You don't get to arbitrarily decide that a duel doesn't matter for someone else because it isn't in one specific duel category you want it to be.

CardGirlChick
Mood:

Post #66 by CardGirlChick » Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:23 am

Renji Asuka wrote:

Not at all. It means you have to actually address my specific points rather than generically dismiss them

itsmetristan

Post #67 by itsmetristan » Tue Jul 26, 2022 8:56 am

CardGirlChick wrote:Duel Records mean a hell of a lot more than ranking; once you win points; it just morphs into the blob of a number. Duel records = each individual duel stands out.

And it really doesn't matter if someone else places no value in it, you can't blame someone for caring about something that has value to them. You don't get to arbitrarily decide that a duel doesn't matter for someone else because it isn't in one specific duel category you want it to be.

No other users can see your duel record history. It's only you who can see it. Rating can be seen by everyone and is a direct numerical stat that can be compared between players. This focus and fixation on unrated duel records is entirely a personal problem on your end.

It doesn't matter if you want to place value in something like unrated duel records. At the end of the day, someone can place value in whatever they want. Doesn't change anything. We will not start taking unrated duel calls (unless it's an official DB tournament duel)/take action against unrated trolls, especially since in both these cases there is no real issue to begin with.

End of discussion.

RC-2
PC-1

Senior Admin

Renji Asuka

Post #68 by Renji Asuka » Tue Jul 26, 2022 9:28 am

CardGirlChick wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:

Not at all. It means you have to actually address my specific points rather than generically dismiss them

You are literally the only person who has a problem with a loss on your record when you can just leave the game and not waste your time. Everyone already knows that unrated is more lax in it's rules and you're making a mountain out of an ant hill.

CardGirlChick
Mood:

Post #69 by CardGirlChick » Wed Jul 27, 2022 4:53 am

I have a problem with a loss on my record that isn't actually a loss (especially versus some sexist/abusive troll), as any normal person would have issue with.

Unrated isnt just free grounds for people to act like that, and its silly for anyone to allow/encourage said behavior.

Renji Asuka

Post #70 by Renji Asuka » Wed Jul 27, 2022 6:21 am

CardGirlChick wrote:I have a problem with a loss on my record that isn't actually a loss (especially versus some sexist/abusive troll), as any normal person would have issue with.

Unrated isnt just free grounds for people to act like that, and its silly for anyone to allow/encourage said behavior.

Which again is a personal problem.

CardGirlChick
Mood:

Post #71 by CardGirlChick » Wed Jul 27, 2022 7:33 am

Trying to dismiss these facts as a personal problem means nothing here, buddy.

Renji Asuka

Post #72 by Renji Asuka » Wed Jul 27, 2022 7:38 am

CardGirlChick wrote:Trying to dismiss these facts as a personal problem means nothing here, buddy.

It isn't dismissal, it's fact.

You're too prideful. You put way too much value into it.

If someone isn't going to play the game properly JUST LEAVE. It isn't hard, you lose nothing and most of all you don't waste your own time.

CardGirlChick
Mood:

Post #73 by CardGirlChick » Wed Jul 27, 2022 7:51 pm

You don't reward a troll with a win for their behavior, common sense.

greg503

Post #74 by greg503 » Wed Jul 27, 2022 8:47 pm

CardGirlChick wrote:You don't reward a troll with a win for their behavior, common sense.

They HAVE won when you play it out. They aren't playing Yugioh, they're playing "can I get a response?"
Buy Floowandereeze

Genexwrecker

Post #75 by Genexwrecker » Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:22 pm

CardGirlChick wrote:You don't reward a troll with a win for their behavior, common sense.

Giving a troll an imaginary win in unrated isnt a reward for their behavior it just upsets them. You quitting the game and not responding to them at all is a win for you and a loss for the troll. Giving them no response takes away all their power.
Official Duelingbook Support staff
Official Duelingbook Resource Judge
Official Duelingbook Tournament Admin.(Other tournament Admin is Runzy)

CardGirlChick
Mood:

Post #76 by CardGirlChick » Thu Jul 28, 2022 6:06 am

I give them no response, and i wait until they leave the duel and lose that way.

I'm doing your tactic better.

Renji Asuka

Post #77 by Renji Asuka » Thu Jul 28, 2022 6:12 am

CardGirlChick wrote:I give them no response, and i wait until they leave the duel and lose that way.

I'm doing your tactic better.

Yet you came to the forum bitching about.

Seems like the troll actually won.

Dogmatikardinal

Post #78 by Dogmatikardinal » Thu Jul 28, 2022 3:42 pm

werent you previously frozen for doing this... sounds like the troll wins in this situation.

Dogmatikardinal

Post #79 by Dogmatikardinal » Thu Jul 28, 2022 3:42 pm

werent you previously frozen for doing this? sounds like the troll wins in this situation.

CardGirlChick
Mood:

Post #80 by CardGirlChick » Thu Jul 28, 2022 6:09 pm

Renji; i got frozen wrongfully because of said trolls, so everything i've said/done is for the right reasons. All you folks want to do is complain in the face of someone who is 100% right.

Dogma, you lost again, so accept that facts that your shtick is a fail on yourself. Fool.

Return to “Spam Paradise”