Silence is Consent in Yugioh Just had Confirmation

Here you can discuss just about whatever you want
Renji Asuka

Re: Silence is Consent in Yugioh Just had Confirmation

Post #101 by Renji Asuka » Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:53 pm

Sound4 wrote:
greg503 wrote:
Sound4 wrote:That is not the opponents responsibility to "make them respond"

Correct, it is YOUR responsibility to make the opponent maintain the gamestate AS WELL through communication.

Taking longer than 15 seconds means you have no response and you may continue.
https://www.yugioh-card.com/ph/event/ru ... s/?lang=en
"Though an average of 3 minutes may be spent on each turn, excessive time should not be spent to allow the tournament to proceed properly. Any duelists caught taking too long (or intentionally stalling for time) may be penalized."
The gamestate is fine the fact that my opponent did not say anything is there fault not mine. It is not difficult to say something.

Let's break down the wording

"Though an average of 3 minutes may be spent on each turn"

Here we see "may" which can be more or less than 3 minutes.

"excessive time should not be spent to allow the tournament to proceed properly. "

Should not =/= cannot

"Any duelists caught taking too long (or intentionally stalling for time) may be penalized."

MAY be penalized, NOT WILL BE PENALIZED.

"The gamestate is fine the fact that my opponent did not say anything is there fault not mine."

If you're not communicating IT IS YOUR FAULT. You say "it is not difficult to say something" yet you refuse to ask if the resolution or the summon of a monster is okay.

Sorry it works both ways not the 1 sided way you want it to work.

Also that link means nothing to DB.
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

Sound4

Post #102 by Sound4 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:23 pm

Renji Asuka wrote:
Sound4 wrote:
greg503 wrote:Correct, it is YOUR responsibility to make the opponent maintain the gamestate AS WELL through communication.

"Though an average of 3 minutes may be spent on each turn, excessive time should not be spent to allow the tournament to proceed properly. Any duelists caught taking too long (or intentionally stalling for time) may be penalized."
The gamestate is fine the fact that my opponent did not say anything is there fault not mine. It is not difficult to say something.

Let's break down the wording

"Though an average of 3 minutes may be spent on each turn"

Here we see "may" which can be more or less than 3 minutes.

"excessive time should not be spent to allow the tournament to proceed properly. "

Should not =/= cannot

"Any duelists caught taking too long (or intentionally stalling for time) may be penalized."

MAY be penalized, NOT WILL BE PENALIZED.

"The gamestate is fine the fact that my opponent did not say anything is there fault not mine."

If you're not communicating IT IS YOUR FAULT. You say "it is not difficult to say something" yet you refuse to ask if the resolution or the summon of a monster is okay.

Sorry it works both ways not the 1 sided way you want it to work.

Also that link means nothing to DB.

It says "may" it is implying that it should be less as it says an average.

It should not take excessive time to let the duel to proceed properly as it say "should not" as judges see no reason why it should a long time to let the duel proceed properly.

It says may be penalised as you may be doing it unintentionally so at most you will get a warning.

There is no reason my opponent should take thaylt long to respond. I am waiting for a response the opponent did not say anything.

DB tries to copy irl as much as possible so it is fine to use the link.

Sound4

Post #103 by Sound4 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:24 pm

greg503 wrote:
Sound4 wrote:
greg503 wrote:Correct, it is YOUR responsibility to make the opponent maintain the gamestate AS WELL through communication.

You know that link isn't applicable to DB right?

DB tries to copy irl as much as possible.

Renji Asuka

Post #104 by Renji Asuka » Fri Oct 22, 2021 5:36 pm

Sound4 wrote:
greg503 wrote:
Sound4 wrote:Taking longer than 15 seconds means you have no response and you may continue.

You know that link isn't applicable to DB right?

While yes DB tries to simulate real play, the problem is unlike the REAL WORLD where YOU HAVE LIMITED TIME IN EVENTS. DB time is unlimited. Therefore, you don't have an argument.

greg503

Post #105 by greg503 » Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:12 am

Renji Asuka wrote:
Sound4 wrote:
greg503 wrote:You know that link isn't applicable to DB right?

While yes DB tries to simulate real play, the problem is unlike the REAL WORLD where YOU HAVE LIMITED TIME IN EVENTS. DB time is unlimited. Therefore, you don't have an argument.

Yeah, Rated is NOT A TOURNAMENT
Buy Floowandereeze

Sound4

Post #106 by Sound4 » Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:57 pm

greg503 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:
Sound4 wrote:DB tries to copy irl as much as possible.

Any behaviour during a duel that causes a delay will most likely be penalised like a tournament. Also the reason why judges take unreasonable behaviour serious is because other players don't want to lose rating that they quite a bit of time on.

Sound4

Post #107 by Sound4 » Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:59 pm

Renji Asuka wrote:
Sound4 wrote:
greg503 wrote:You know that link isn't applicable to DB right?

It still applies as the rules even say that the duel should still proceeding at a reasonable pace.

greg503

Post #108 by greg503 » Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:00 pm

Sound4 wrote:
greg503 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:While yes DB tries to simulate real play, the problem is unlike the REAL WORLD where YOU HAVE LIMITED TIME IN EVENTS. DB time is unlimited. Therefore, you don't have an argument.

Any behaviour during a duel that causes a delay will most likely be penalised like a tournament. Also the reason why judges take unreasonable behaviour serious is because other players don't want to lose rating that they quite a bit of time on.

Yes, which is why you should START THE CONVERSATION
Buy Floowandereeze

Sound4

Post #109 by Sound4 » Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:07 pm

greg503 wrote:
Sound4 wrote:
greg503 wrote:Yeah, Rated is NOT A TOURNAMENT

If the opponent is not saying anything that is the other players fault. There is no reason to start a conversation when the opponent has not said anything. You are already for a response when activating an effect. That is why you wait.

Renji Asuka

Post #110 by Renji Asuka » Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:10 pm

Sound4 wrote:
greg503 wrote:
Sound4 wrote:Any behaviour during a duel that causes a delay will most likely be penalised like a tournament. Also the reason why judges take unreasonable behaviour serious is because other players don't want to lose rating that they quite a bit of time on.

If the opponent is not saying anything that is the other players fault. There is no reason to start a conversation when the opponent has not said anything. You are already for a response when activating an effect. That is why you wait.

No, you're not already asking for a response when activating an effect. You HAVE to ask your opponent if it is okay to proceed. if they STILL WON'T COMMUNICATE call a judge and let them deal with it.

How hard is that for you to fucking understand? Or are you just stupid?

Sound4

Post #111 by Sound4 » Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:59 pm

Renji Asuka wrote:
Sound4 wrote:
greg503 wrote:Yes, which is why you should START THE CONVERSATION

No, you're not already asking for a response when activating an effect. You HAVE to ask your opponent if it is okay to proceed. if they STILL WON'T COMMUNICATE call a judge and let them deal with it.

If your opponent is not saying you come to the logical conclusion that your opponent has no response. If they had a response why did they not say anything? You ce to the logical conclusion your opponent has no response.

Renji Asuka

Post #112 by Renji Asuka » Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:38 pm

Sound4 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:
Sound4 wrote:If the opponent is not saying anything that is the other players fault. There is no reason to start a conversation when the opponent has not said anything. You are already for a response when activating an effect. That is why you wait.

If your opponent is not saying you come to the logical conclusion that your opponent has no response. If they had a response why did they not say anything? You ce to the logical conclusion your opponent has no response.

That isn't how that works. First, you ask if they have a response, if they won't respond, call a judge let the judge handle it. Do not just continue as a judge can and probably will rule against you.

Sound4

Post #113 by Sound4 » Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:22 pm

Renji Asuka wrote:
Sound4 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:No, you're not already asking for a response when activating an effect. You HAVE to ask your opponent if it is okay to proceed. if they STILL WON'T COMMUNICATE call a judge and let them deal with it.

That isn't how that works. First, you ask if they have a response, if they won't respond, call a judge let the judge handle it. Do not just continue as a judge can and probably will rule against you.

You missed the point. I am saying that is your opponent isn't not saying that most players come to the logical conclusion they have no response. Think about it. If they a response why did not they say anything?

greg503

Post #114 by greg503 » Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:38 pm

Sound4 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:
Sound4 wrote:If your opponent is not saying you come to the logical conclusion that your opponent has no response. If they had a response why did they not say anything? You ce to the logical conclusion your opponent has no response.

You missed the point. I am saying that is your opponent isn't not saying that most players come to the logical conclusion they have no response. Think about it. If they a response why did not they say anything?

Because you didn't ask? lmao
Buy Floowandereeze

Genexwrecker

Post #115 by Genexwrecker » Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:11 pm

Either communicate or do not play rated silence is not acceptable end of story. Good day!
Official Duelingbook Support staff
Official Duelingbook Resource Judge
Official Duelingbook Tournament Admin.(Other tournament Admin is Runzy)

Renji Asuka

Post #116 by Renji Asuka » Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:17 pm

greg503 pretty much covered it.

Sound4

Post #117 by Sound4 » Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:52 am

greg503 wrote:
Sound4 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:That isn't how that works. First, you ask if they have a response, if they won't respond, call a judge let the judge handle it. Do not just continue as a judge can and probably will rule against you.

What? If they had a response they would have clearly said something. Your comment makes absolutely no sense.

Renji Asuka

Post #118 by Renji Asuka » Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:23 am

Sound4 wrote:
greg503 wrote:
Sound4 wrote:You missed the point. I am saying that is your opponent isn't not saying that most players come to the logical conclusion they have no response. Think about it. If they a response why did not they say anything?

What? If they had a response they would have clearly said something. Your comment makes absolutely no sense.

Because by that logic, as soon as I play say Reinforcement of the Army, I go into my deck immediately ignoring the opponent's response window. That is what you're pushing for.

Sound4

Post #119 by Sound4 » Fri Oct 29, 2021 5:52 pm

Renji Asuka wrote:
Sound4 wrote:
greg503 wrote:Because you didn't ask? lmao

Because by that logic, as soon as I play say Reinforcement of the Army, I go into my deck immediately ignoring the opponent's response window. That is what you're pushing for.

What? I never said that. This proves you have not read.

Renji Asuka

Post #120 by Renji Asuka » Sat Oct 30, 2021 4:18 am

Sound4 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:
Sound4 wrote:What? If they had a response they would have clearly said something. Your comment makes absolutely no sense.

What? I never said that. This proves you have not read.

Yes that is what you're pushing for.

EVERYONE KEEPS TELLING YOU TO ASK IF THE OPPONENT IF ITS OKAY TO PROCEED.

YOU KEEP ARGUING AGAINST THAT SAYING YOU DON'T HAVE TO COMMUNICATE THAT IT'S SOLELY THE OPPONENT'S RESPONSIBILITY.

You're wrong on the subject then, and you are now.

Return to “Spam Paradise”