Silence is Consent in Yugioh Just had Confirmation

Here you can discuss just about whatever you want
Sound4

Re: Silence is Consent in Yugioh Just had Confirmation

Post #341 by Sound4 » Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:54 pm

Renji Asuka wrote:Regarding https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=815175-33324410

Sound4 activated Solemn Strike when the opponent was given the Okay for Polymerization wanting to use Solemn Strike on Whale.

Yeah...you couldn't do that as the Opponent hasn't declared their chains. The activation timing was wrong. Especially considering if I saw my opponent activate Solemn Strike I can make Solemn Strike hit a different card than my Whale when setting up the chains. Doing Whale CL1, Penguin CL 2, Chain CL3.

Next at 6:30 Sound4 SHOWS they don't know how continuous spells work. As they claimed Toy Vendor was set, implying it can't be activated. Then makes the opponent wait about 2 minutes before allowing it as they had to look to see if it was legal. This is showing me that Sound4 deserved beginner status (implying this is ranked).

At 8:57 Sound4 plays Live Twin Lil-La then tries to get its effect off. The opponent tells him to read his card 4 seconds later as it cannot be activated. Either Sound4 is trying to cheat here, or really doesn't belong in ranked.

Sound4 at 9:32 says "Be quiet, you're annoying me." But...why would you say that when your opponent needs to communicate? What you're doing here is trying to shutdown that line of communication. My guess is "Silence is consent", so you want to deny your opponent to respond.

At 9:44 the opponent calls a judge and we see Maniez pop in asking for the issue. At 9:59 Sound4 says "hi, while the opponent at 10:01 goes to say "My opponent is being disrespectful after trying to make an irregular play". While Sound4 says "Judge can you verify to see if the plays were legal? And to check logs" This is telling me again Sound4 doesn't know how yugioh works and needs permabeginner or is wanting to cheat because he was in a losing position. Also saying "And to check logs" would only HURT whatever claim Sound4 would make.

Unfortunately, I get why Maniez gave Redoer a warning, but to not issue a warning to Sound4 regarding rudeness despite him initiating it first feels like a slap to the face. I would had gave them both warnings, but that's just me.

At 15:32 Sound4 thinks that the Fusion Summon of the 3rd Whale was illegal, meanwhile Sound4 is showing he didn't read Scythe.

At 17:11 Sound4, despite having no legal play tells the opponent he is thinking in response to Chain's response effect. While at almost a minute later the opponent goes ahead and resolves. And we typically see this behavior because of a past replay of Ingeneiro of stalling because he was in a losing position.

At 18:27 Sound4 said You actually don't continue when I say think" and 10 seconds later "Keep that in mind". So which is it sound4? You agree the opponent has a right to respond? Or is silent consent? But while what he says is technically correct. Sound4 is maliciously stalling as he has 0 legal plays. He should had said "yeah good to go" instead of waiting about 2 minutes or however long this malicious stall will be.

At 20:48 Sound4 says "I'm not allowed to think?" You had 0 plays bro, ABSOLUTELY 0. There was no "think" in that situation. Don't get me wrong, saying "thinking' even if you had 0 plays is useful to make the opponent think you have a hand trap, but making them wait this long is a bit ridiculous. So I know you weren't trying to bluff the opponent.

The judge comes in at 30:04 almost 10 minutes later since the call. Maniez I personally don't think he realized what kind of player Sound4 was since he has a history of this. While he is correct telling the opponent they had the right to respond, the opponent brings up a good point. IF Sound4 just gave the go ahead instead of wasting nearly 12 minutes the duel could had been over by now.

The opponent is really fed up with the situation, and he should really just let the judge do his job instead of making it harder on the judge. This goes for about 6 minutes.

At 36:45 the judge flat out asks Sound4 if he has a response, while Sound4 was avoiding the question. For almost a minute. If I was a judge and saw anyone do that, they'd be given a match loss at the very least.

Sound4 was asked a minute later responding with "Nice copy and paste I never wanted to respond" this alone shows malicious stalling and I would had froze them on the spot.

Sound4 tries to appeal but can't appeal a senior judge. Maniez was done dealing with Sound4's crap so he was frozen.

As for the opponent wanting to report the judge over what happened despite ruling in his favor in the end, is a little petty, but I get why.

Again Sound4, there was 0 reason for you to hold up the match for 10 minutes. When all you had to do was let your opponent play. You didn't because you were salty that you were losing against Fluffals.

I will explain each point one by one
1) It is not my fault that he didn't declare chains in the first place I am simply responding accordingly that is his responsibility to get the timing right.

2)I wasn't actually looking up the ruling I was looking at logs that is why I said "OK continue" as what he did was fine.

3) I didn't realized at the time My love twins effect and its limitation simple as that. No issue here.

4) My opponent kept ranting about stuff which wasn't important which you ignored to try to make look like the bad guy but that is besides the point. I said "think" and I could barely think with saying stuff which wasn't even important.

5) It is the judges job to look at logs and that everything was legal. I was saying look at logs as it is more clear there and I explained this to him in previous judge calls as well.

6) I was being as respectful as I can but the point is the opponent knew I was thinking and saying unimportant stuff would only dluw down the process.

7) I never said the summon of whale was illegal I just did know how he did it which he would not say.

8) I said think and I said this to Maniez that I wanted to ask him a question yet Maniez didn't care I was about to ask him but he was resolving when I said think you know this.

9) You obviously didn't get the point of this entire thread that if the opponent is silent then that is consent but I said "think" so I wasn't silent.

10) I was wanting to ask him a question which I told Maniez.

11) Actually Maniez had judged many of my previous duels. I wasn't avoiding the question I was telling Maniez that I wanted to ask him a question. Actually I said that as I told Maniez many times that I wanted to ask him a question.

This was a horrible judge call. Did you seriously ignore when I said multiple times for Maniez to show the logs that I was thinking for ten minutes which he refused to? Which was the main reason for his decision. Plus I still has a few play and the duel wasn't done yet.

Sound4

Post #342 by Sound4 » Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:56 pm

Genexwrecker wrote:
Christen57 wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=842197-32647397

And Sound4 is saying you replied to his appeal regarding this? What did you tell him?

I will post a screenshot if the message if sound4 agrees

I always wanted to. Show the Maniez appeal and the other one what time you reply and my replies.

Sound4

Post #343 by Sound4 » Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:57 pm

greg503 wrote:
Sound4 wrote:
Christen57 wrote:
Duelingbook doesn't try to copy real life as much as possible. Duelingbook tries to copy only what's necessary. Not everything in real life is necessary for duelingbook to copy. If duelingbook has it's own rules regarding slow play and stalling then we go by those, not what real life says. You main claim was that "silence is consent," but neither that real life tournament webpage nor duelingbook's rules say or support that.

None of your links support your "silence is consent" narrative like you claim. Just because a webpage, or duelingbook's rules, says you shouldn't slow play or take more than X minutes each turn does not mean it's saying that 10 seconds of silence is automatically consent.

And you were incorrect to assume "that he already knew the Nachster 2nd effect," but even if he did know, he still indicated he wanted to respond and you should have let him, not kept on playing and going in your xyz monster.

Maybe it would be a lot of time if it was "just to respond" but, again, it wasn't "just to respond". It was to read what you chatted then respond, not to mention that your opponent simply could have been a slow typer and thus would take a few extra seconds to chat than most of us.

What did he get frozen for now?

The purpose of DB is to try to simulate real life as much as possible. That is why there are no automated simulators. Simple as that. That is why I have used some tournament rules as DB most likely penalise the exact same way.

You have yet to explain you reasoning on how my opponent never claimed that he was reading or thinking so it is more likely he already knew the effect.

Also I will provide context on some of the dms Genexwrecker has been replying a day later and there apparently a thousands of appeals.

Apparently for these.
https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=815175-33324410
https://www.duelingbook.com/log?id=842197-32647397
Which I obviously appealed and Genexwrecker replied a day later.

Yep, that's definitely how you act on the forums, also your "quote" isn't a RULE but a SUGGESTION. Imagine going to a YCS with Endymion/Mythical Beasts and playing against someone who's never heard of them. Are you going to call a judge for slow play because your opponent has to read every lengthy card?

What is this supposed to prove? Can you explain more clearly please?

Sound4

Post #344 by Sound4 » Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:00 pm

troglyte wrote:Sound4, you deserved to get frozen. All replays you have shared or talked about have further cemented this narrative. You're being intentionally antagonistic in duels, you have shown a blatant lack of understanding of basic mechanics, AND you have shown a clear reluctance in communicating with your opponent (both during your AND your opponent's turn). Not that any of this surprises me, as it's already been established that you have no real moral compass on any of these issues. You're just a liar, hypocrite, and troll, and I hope you stay frozen for a long time.

Can you explain why I "deserved to get frozen". Plus I don't think you should be the one saying this as you literally falsely accused me in the N3sh thread and when I asked for proof you didn't provide it. You have not made a single valid point this entire thread.

Sound4

Post #345 by Sound4 » Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:10 pm

Renji Asuka wrote:As for https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=842197-32647397

For the first 10 minutes of the replay, the majority of the time Sound4 is rushing his opponent.

When it finally gets to the 2nd turn at 10:33 Sound4 activates Infinite Impermanence. Targeting Appollousa. His opponent responds with Orcust Crescendo. Sound4 thinks when the target is declared the opponent can't respond. This 100% shows that Sound4 is either cheating OR doesn't belong in ranked. His opponent calls a judge and pauses the duel.

10:27 Sound4 says "Silence is consent in yugioh". Mind you there was a 7 second time difference regarding Imperm's activation and Crescendo's activation.

The 2 start arguing where Sound4 says "You have no proof" in regards to his opponent saying "I was not silent". Meanwhile Sound4 will probably tell the judge "Look at logs!" again.

No judge came around and needless to say the 2 were just arguing and Sound4 was in the wrong the entire time.

I wasn't rushing my opponent he was playing pretty slow and since DB is already slow as it is the duel at that rate would have take more than 40 minutes.

Let's be honest, there was no reason why my opponent should have took that long as he also said "go faster" I was simy doing what he was asking for. As you said there is a 7 second gap between the two cards. I say look at logs as it is the judges responsibility to look at logs and if the judge makes an incorrect statement I will simply correct.

Sound4

Post #346 by Sound4 » Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:12 pm

Lil Oldman wrote:Honestly, a good way to deal with the drama.

What do you mean?

Christen57

Post #347 by Christen57 » Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:43 pm

Sound4 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:Regarding https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=815175-33324410

Sound4 activated Solemn Strike when the opponent was given the Okay for Polymerization wanting to use Solemn Strike on Whale.

Yeah...you couldn't do that as the Opponent hasn't declared their chains. The activation timing was wrong. Especially considering if I saw my opponent activate Solemn Strike I can make Solemn Strike hit a different card than my Whale when setting up the chains. Doing Whale CL1, Penguin CL 2, Chain CL3.

Next at 6:30 Sound4 SHOWS they don't know how continuous spells work. As they claimed Toy Vendor was set, implying it can't be activated. Then makes the opponent wait about 2 minutes before allowing it as they had to look to see if it was legal. This is showing me that Sound4 deserved beginner status (implying this is ranked).

At 8:57 Sound4 plays Live Twin Lil-La then tries to get its effect off. The opponent tells him to read his card 4 seconds later as it cannot be activated. Either Sound4 is trying to cheat here, or really doesn't belong in ranked.

Sound4 at 9:32 says "Be quiet, you're annoying me." But...why would you say that when your opponent needs to communicate? What you're doing here is trying to shutdown that line of communication. My guess is "Silence is consent", so you want to deny your opponent to respond.

At 9:44 the opponent calls a judge and we see Maniez pop in asking for the issue. At 9:59 Sound4 says "hi, while the opponent at 10:01 goes to say "My opponent is being disrespectful after trying to make an irregular play". While Sound4 says "Judge can you verify to see if the plays were legal? And to check logs" This is telling me again Sound4 doesn't know how yugioh works and needs permabeginner or is wanting to cheat because he was in a losing position. Also saying "And to check logs" would only HURT whatever claim Sound4 would make.

Unfortunately, I get why Maniez gave Redoer a warning, but to not issue a warning to Sound4 regarding rudeness despite him initiating it first feels like a slap to the face. I would had gave them both warnings, but that's just me.

At 15:32 Sound4 thinks that the Fusion Summon of the 3rd Whale was illegal, meanwhile Sound4 is showing he didn't read Scythe.

At 17:11 Sound4, despite having no legal play tells the opponent he is thinking in response to Chain's response effect. While at almost a minute later the opponent goes ahead and resolves. And we typically see this behavior because of a past replay of Ingeneiro of stalling because he was in a losing position.

At 18:27 Sound4 said You actually don't continue when I say think" and 10 seconds later "Keep that in mind". So which is it sound4? You agree the opponent has a right to respond? Or is silent consent? But while what he says is technically correct. Sound4 is maliciously stalling as he has 0 legal plays. He should had said "yeah good to go" instead of waiting about 2 minutes or however long this malicious stall will be.

At 20:48 Sound4 says "I'm not allowed to think?" You had 0 plays bro, ABSOLUTELY 0. There was no "think" in that situation. Don't get me wrong, saying "thinking' even if you had 0 plays is useful to make the opponent think you have a hand trap, but making them wait this long is a bit ridiculous. So I know you weren't trying to bluff the opponent.

The judge comes in at 30:04 almost 10 minutes later since the call. Maniez I personally don't think he realized what kind of player Sound4 was since he has a history of this. While he is correct telling the opponent they had the right to respond, the opponent brings up a good point. IF Sound4 just gave the go ahead instead of wasting nearly 12 minutes the duel could had been over by now.

The opponent is really fed up with the situation, and he should really just let the judge do his job instead of making it harder on the judge. This goes for about 6 minutes.

At 36:45 the judge flat out asks Sound4 if he has a response, while Sound4 was avoiding the question. For almost a minute. If I was a judge and saw anyone do that, they'd be given a match loss at the very least.

Sound4 was asked a minute later responding with "Nice copy and paste I never wanted to respond" this alone shows malicious stalling and I would had froze them on the spot.

Sound4 tries to appeal but can't appeal a senior judge. Maniez was done dealing with Sound4's crap so he was frozen.

As for the opponent wanting to report the judge over what happened despite ruling in his favor in the end, is a little petty, but I get why.

Again Sound4, there was 0 reason for you to hold up the match for 10 minutes. When all you had to do was let your opponent play. You didn't because you were salty that you were losing against Fluffals.

Ask who what question?

Also, you started thinking at 17:11, then you told your opponent at 18:27 and 19:18 that you were still thinking, then instead of finishing your "thinking" you just waited for the judge until they arrived at 30:04. You were "thinking" and "waiting" and whatnot for over 10 minutes. The judge considered that stalling, especially since you didn't even have anything you could chain to Edge Imp Chain's effect.

Maniez didn't need to show you the logs of you holding up the game for over 10 minutes. They already saw those logs, and so did I too. You could look at them yourself too. You held up the game from 17:11 to 30:04. That's all Maniez needed to determine that you were stalling.

itsmetristan

Post #348 by itsmetristan » Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:48 pm

1) It is not my fault that he didn't declare chains in the first place I am simply responding accordingly that is his responsibility to get the timing right.

If your opponent has not yet declared the order of their trigger effects, you are not to do anything. Communication goes both ways, and if you're not being patient and waiting for your opponent to state their moves, the fault for that lies on you.

4) My opponent kept ranting about stuff which wasn't important which you ignored to try to make look like the bad guy but that is besides the point. I said "think" and I could barely think with saying stuff which wasn't even important.

Your opponent telling you your play was illegal wasn't important? Them telling you this also shouldn't have restricted your thinking. Even if it did, nothing was stopping you from saying "sec" or "hold" or "think" to indicate you needed a moment to process what they were doing.

5) It is the judges job to look at logs and that everything was legal. I was saying look at logs as it is more clear there and I explained this to him in previous judge calls as well.

Judges aren't meant to hold your hand and read your opponent's cards for you, and judges are already very aware of the log's existence. You are not to tell them "look at logs judge," you are to explain the issue in the chat which you did once the judge told you to.

6) I was being as respectful as I can but the point is the opponent knew I was thinking and saying unimportant stuff would only dluw down the process.

Again, nothing they said was unimportant.

7) I never said the summon of whale was illegal I just did know how he did it which he would not say.

They literally declared Scythe's effect and resolved it properly, and you didn't ask them to explain the situation or clarify what was happening. You didn't bring this up at all in the duel until Maniez got there.

8) I said think and I said this to Maniez that I wanted to ask him a question yet Maniez didn't care I was about to ask him but he was resolving when I said think you know this.

What? Maniez was long gone by the time Chain's effect was being activated, and you even said "Ok Thank you that is all I wanted to know" right before he left. You clearly had your attention on the duel at that point.

9) You obviously didn't get the point of this entire thread that if the opponent is silent then that is consent but I said "think" so I wasn't silent.

You mean the point that has been proven incorrect throught many, MANY messages on this very thread? You also took horrendously long to say/do anything, and didn't do so until the opponent decided to resolve their effect anyway.

What question? Also man, that question must have been something else if it took you so long to type out.

This was a horrible judge call. Did you seriously ignore when I said multiple times for Maniez to show the logs that I was thinking for ten minutes which he refused to? Which was the main reason for his decision. Plus I still has a few play and the duel wasn't done yet.

How exactly did you forget that you did not say "ok" or anything similar for 10 minutes immediately beforehand? Your opponent called for slow play. When a call for slow play is made, the duel is to continue. You did not give them an OK, nor did you actually continue because it was your turn. This was 100% stalling. Just because you refuse to acknowledge the reason for the penalty doesn't mean one doesn't exist. I feel like at this point you're just choosing to ignore the obvious to try and flame judges/DB with invalid points.

RC-2
PC-1

Senior Admin

Renji Asuka

Post #349 by Renji Asuka » Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:45 pm

Sound4 wrote:

2)I wasn't actually looking up the ruling I was looking at logs that is why I said "OK continue" as what he did was fine.

3) I didn't realized at the time My love twins effect and its limitation simple as that. No issue here.

11) Actually Maniez had judged many of my previous duels. I wasn't avoiding the question I was telling Maniez that I wanted to ask him a question. Actually I said that as I told Maniez many times that I wanted to ask him a question.

1. No, that's not how that works. You have to WAIT until the chains are declared before making a response. Doing so otherwise is an illegal activation. See SEGOC here: https://yugioh.fandom.com/wiki/Simultan ... 20resolves.

2. There was 0 reasons for you to act like they couldn't activate their continuous spell. Which is exactly what you did. You looking at logs wouldn't resolve that confusion. End of story.

3. So you're telling me, you're so ignorant of your own deck that you went into Ranked without knowing what your cards do? Glad you agree you deserve beginner status. But considering the previous point, you shown you don't know the basic rules.

4. No, do not misrepresent what was happening. You tried to activate and resolve an illegal card. Your opponent said no. That is why you told your opponent to be quiet. You are still in the wrong here.

5. It is YOUR duty to tell the judge what the problem is so they don't have to look through 10 minutes of logs. You obviously don't know how to handle yourself in a judge call.

6. Telling your opponent to be quiet isn't respectful. You also holding up the game is also not respectful.

7. He clicked the activate button ON Scythe then discarded it. You saw him do that. So maybe you should have. Idk, read Scythe? Or at the very least actually ask your opponent.

8. There was 0 reason for you to maliciously stall. Yes you said "think" however you are not to maliciously stall. You had 0 plays.

9. Meanwhile earlier in the thread you stated something like "Silence is consent, the opponent consented after a whole 9 seconds". So which is it? You get to have a whole minute and your opponent only gets seconds?

10. You had no legal questions. You had no legal play. You could not chain to your opponent's card.

And no, you had no legal plays. You had nothing in the GY let alone the hand or field that could legally activate. You have a history of maliciously stalling when you have no plays and is about to lose. You being frozen from this is justified. Stay out of ranked and stay off DB since you are effectively banned.
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

Genexwrecker

Post #350 by Genexwrecker » Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:41 am

https://prnt.sc/2119btw maniez appeal message

https://prnt.sc/2119eh3 most recent one
Official Duelingbook Support staff
Official Duelingbook Resource Judge
Official Duelingbook Tournament Admin.(Other tournament Admin is Runzy)

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #351 by Lil Oldman » Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:58 am

Sound4 wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:Honestly, a good way to deal with the drama.

What do you mean?

I mean that this "discussion" has little to nothing to offer and it gets kind of boring. The only good thing about this is the posiblility for it to be satirized by someone else, in this case, via the objetion.lol things Christen makes.
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."
Help I cannot remove this music from my head
https://youtu.be/ZuXI7qcNsHQ
Will try reviewing custom cards if they look interesting.

Renji Asuka

Post #352 by Renji Asuka » Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:59 am

Those screenshots are these 2 things are true.

1. Sound4 doesn't read what is being told to him.

2. He lacks intelligence.

greg503

Post #353 by greg503 » Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:24 am

How much longer is this going to go on?
Buy Floowandereeze

Renji Asuka

Post #354 by Renji Asuka » Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:28 am

greg503 wrote:How much longer is this going to go on?

Honestly, shouldn't had reached 18 page. That's just my opinion.

Sound4

Post #355 by Sound4 » Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:14 pm

Renji Asuka wrote:
Sound4 wrote:

1. No, that's not how that works. You have to WAIT until the chains are declared before making a response. Doing so otherwise is an illegal activation. See SEGOC here: https://yugioh.fandom.com/wiki/Simultan ... 20resolves.

2. There was 0 reasons for you to act like they couldn't activate their continuous spell. Which is exactly what you did. You looking at logs wouldn't resolve that confusion. End of story.

3. So you're telling me, you're so ignorant of your own deck that you went into Ranked without knowing what your cards do? Glad you agree you deserve beginner status. But considering the previous point, you shown you don't know the basic rules.

4. No, do not misrepresent what was happening. You tried to activate and resolve an illegal card. Your opponent said no. That is why you told your opponent to be quiet. You are still in the wrong here.

5. It is YOUR duty to tell the judge what the problem is so they don't have to look through 10 minutes of logs. You obviously don't know how to handle yourself in a judge call.

6. Telling your opponent to be quiet isn't respectful. You also holding up the game is also not respectful.

7. He clicked the activate button ON Scythe then discarded it. You saw him do that. So maybe you should have. Idk, read Scythe? Or at the very least actually ask your opponent.

8. There was 0 reason for you to maliciously stall. Yes you said "think" however you are not to maliciously stall. You had 0 plays.

9. Meanwhile earlier in the thread you stated something like "Silence is consent, the opponent consented after a whole 9 seconds". So which is it? You get to have a whole minute and your opponent only gets seconds?

10. You had no legal questions. You had no legal play. You could not chain to your opponent's card.

And no, you had no legal plays. You had nothing in the GY let alone the hand or field that could legally activate. You have a history of maliciously stalling when you have no plays and is about to lose. You being frozen from this is justified. Stay out of ranked and stay off DB since you are effectively banned.

https://yugioh.fandom.com/wiki/Respond
My opponent already declared the Chain links. I was responding accordingly when I was allowed. This is not debatable.

I was looking at logs for the continuous spell and that everything was legal.

I know what my cards do it was a simple mistake on my part. No issue here.

Instead of saying the same stuff about the card he could have literally said you can't activate live twin effect as you control another monster" I could barely read the bottom with him saying the same thing over and over again.

I said "look at logs" as it more clear there Maniez knows this that is why he didn't say much about it. Most of my points were made in the logs.

I was confused what was going on and since my attention was more focused on him calling a judge especially considering the time gap between it.

I told Maniez that I wanted to ask a question I was clearly pointing on the whale card signalling that I was reading as I still wasn't to sure how he destroyed my monstersais. I don't see how this is maliciously stalling and from what Maniez said at the end this is not the reason fir his judge call and even if I was "maliciously stalling" how is around 2 minutes of thinking maliciously stalling? The main reason for Maniez judge call was me apparently thinking for ten minutes. When the opponent called the judge and said "now just get ignored" whuch he would pause the game if I tried to continue. Knowing you Renji Asuka you will probably say "no you still maliciously stalled" ignoring all the details.

You know that I wasn't silent.
Last edited by Sound4 on Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

greg503

Post #356 by greg503 » Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:27 pm

Sound4 wrote:Instead of saying the same stuff about the catlrd he could have literally said you can't activate live twin effect as you control another monster" I could barely read the bottom with him saying the same thing over and over again.

I can barely read YOU saying the same thing over and over again.
Buy Floowandereeze

Sound4

Post #357 by Sound4 » Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:49 pm

itsmetristan wrote:

If your opponent has not yet declared the order of their trigger effects, you are not to do anything. Communication goes both ways, and if you're not being patient and waiting for your opponent to state their moves, the fault for that lies on you.

Your opponent telling you your play was illegal wasn't important? Them telling you this also shouldn't have restricted your thinking. Even if it did, nothing was stopping you from saying "sec" or "hold" or "think" to indicate you needed a moment to process what they were doing.

Judges aren't meant to hold your hand and read your opponent's cards for you, and judges are already very aware of the log's existence. You are not to tell them "look at logs judge," you are to explain the issue in the chat which you did once the judge told you to.

Again, nothing they said was unimportant.

They literally declared Scythe's effect and resolved it properly, and you didn't ask them to explain the situation or clarify what was happening. You didn't bring this up at all in the duel until Maniez got there.

What? Maniez was long gone by the time Chain's effect was being activated, and you even said "Ok Thank you that is all I wanted to know" right before he left. You clearly had your attention on the duel at that point.

You mean the point that has been proven incorrect throught many, MANY messages on this very thread? You also took horrendously long to say/do anything, and didn't do so until the opponent decided to resolve their effect anyway.

What question? Also man, that question must have been something else if it took you so long to type out.

How exactly did you forget that you did not say "ok" or anything similar for 10 minutes immediately beforehand? Your opponent called for slow play. When a call for slow play is made, the duel is to continue. You did not give them an OK, nor did you actually continue because it was your turn. This was 100% stalling. Just because you refuse to acknowledge the reason for the penalty doesn't mean one doesn't exist. I feel like at this point you're just choosing to ignore the obvious to try and flame judges/DB with invalid points.

I don't think you read the logs and usy watched replay and made this post.
As I said with Renji Asuka that he could have literally "you can not ss when you control another monster with lil eff" instead of ranting over and over again.

Did you read the logs that I was pointing to a card signalling that I was reading? Did you? Honestly? I said the question in that very post so you must know by now if you actually read it properly which is questionable from your responses.

I said "look at logs" as most of my point wee made there and more clear there.

Do you also know that my opponent also said " now just get ignored" which means he us waiting for a judge and that if I tried to continue he would pause the game? No you obviously don't. My opponent called for AFK which he said that I was refusing to play. This is literally what he said. An ok for what? I said "think". What are you trying to say?

itsmetristan

Post #358 by itsmetristan » Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:52 pm

Sound4 wrote:https://yugioh.fandom.com/wiki/Respond
My opponent already declared the Chain links. I was responding accordingly when I was allowed. This is not debatable.

Instead of saying the same stuff about the catlrd he could have literally said you can't activate live twin effect as you control another monster" I could barely read the bottom with him saying the same thing over and over again.

https://yugioh.fandom.com/wiki/Respond

I agree. This isn't debatable. We all can see the logs, and we can all see that Solemn Strike was activated BEFORE the opponent declared the chain links. Also, Fandom is not a source.

[3:30] Sent "Polymerization" from S-2 to GY
[3:33] Activated Set "Solemn Strike" in S-2
[3:35] "penguin1,imp2,whale3"

...When? When you summoned Lil-la? Why would you be looking at the logs to check an entire turn at that moment? If you were going to check the logs, why didn't you do it before you committed to an action that turn?

I think most of us can agree that we've messed up a fair number of times and done illegal plays because we forgot a line of text on one of our cards. However, that aspect of the situation isn't what the issue is. The issue that I see, is that your opponent caught the illegal action and as they should have done, pointed it out. Their way of telling you was not the best to be honest, but it was short and did what it needed to (informed you the play was illegal). Despite this, you previously said it "wasn't important," and that they kept saying non-important things. Again, we can quickly fact check this by checking the log. We see that one instance of them telling you your play was illegal and that one definitely was NOT unimportant. After that, prior to the judge call they said... nothing else, other than declaring their chain links yet again as they are meant to do, so you are just lying here. On top of that, if you do believe that what they said there "wasn't important," then that raises a few red flags about you as a player.

Instead of saying the same stuff about the catlrd he could have literally said you can't activate live twin effect as you control another monster" I could barely read the bottom with him saying the same thing over and over again.

Not once did they repeat themselves, and while it may have been nice for them to type out a sentence that is more specific about why the action was illegal, what they said at least made it clear that there was an issue. Besides, their wording here doesn't excuse any of your actions. It doesn't affect anything else you did.

I think this thread has long passed the point of actual discussion and has now turned into the equivalent of playing whack-a-mole with pointless arguments.

RC-2
PC-1

Senior Admin

Sound4

Post #359 by Sound4 » Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:55 pm

Christen57 wrote:
Sound4 wrote:

Ask who what question?

Also, you started thinking at 17:11, then you told your opponent at 18:27 and 19:18 that you were still thinking, then instead of finishing your "thinking" you just waited for the judge until they arrived at 30:04. You were "thinking" and "waiting" and whatnot for over 10 minutes. The judge considered that stalling, especially since you didn't even have anything you could chain to Edge Imp Chain's effect.

Maniez didn't need to show you the logs of you holding up the game for over 10 minutes. They already saw those logs, and so did I too. You could look at them yourself too. You held up the game from 17:11 to 30:04. That's all Maniez needed to determine that you were stalling.

What are you talking about? My opponent literally called the judge fir AFK I mentioned my question in the reply to Renji Asuka. Did you read the logs? As As my opponent said "now just get ignored" as he wanted a judge to come in and if I tried anything to continue he would immediately pause the game. He wanted the judge to come. I was obviously still active as I was pointing at his cards.

itsmetristan

Post #360 by itsmetristan » Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:03 pm

I don't think you read the logs and usy watched replay and made this post.
As I said with Renji Asuka that he could have literally "you can not ss when you control another monster with lil eff" instead of ranting over and over again.

Again. They did not "rant over and over again". They said it once.

Did you read the logs that I was pointing to a card signalling that I was reading? Did you? Honestly? I said the question in that very post so you must know by now if you actually read it properly which is questionable from your responses.

Pointing to a card doesn't signal anything. You could be pointing to it for any reason whatsoever. Clicking on a card isn't even required to read it. Just say "think" in the chat as you are meant to.

I said "look at logs" as most of my point wee made there and more clear there.

Doesn't change anything. Explain the issue to the judge, and do not tell them to look at the logs. Once you tell them what the issue is, they will usually read the logs anyways unless the situation does not call for it.

Do you also know that my opponent also said " now just get ignored" which means he us waiting for a judge and that if I tried to continue he would pause the game? No you obviously don't. My opponent called for AFK which he said that I was refusing to play. This is literally what he said. An ok for what? I said "think". What are you trying to say?

That is not quite what that means. The duel was not paused. This would be in your favour if you had tried to resume play and then they paused the duel, stopping you. However, you did absolutely nothing. You didn't tell your opponent that you were supposed to keep playing, you did not attempt to continue playing, and instead you just left and rejoined the duel a bunch of times.

RC-2
PC-1

Senior Admin

Return to “Spam Paradise”