Silence is Consent in Yugioh Just had Confirmation

Here you can discuss just about whatever you want
troglyte
Mood:

Re: Silence is Consent in Yugioh Just had Confirmation

Post #21 by troglyte » Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:11 pm

greg503 wrote:
Sound4 wrote:
greg503 wrote:They aren't taking anything back, they do not represent the judge who you thought told you "silence is consent," they wanted to know what really happened, which we found out, and you were told that YOU'RE misrepresenting :lol: . Personally, I play at a slow pace (a few seconds between actions, and wait for my opponent to break the silence if they have a response). Of course, this leads to giving them extra knowledge if they take a bit longer to respond to a previous action, but I'm fine with that for the sake of a smoother game.

Read my other post.

Read MY post, I did not disagree that you can play after a few seconds if there is silence, but that you misrepresented what the judge said.

inb4 he replies with "I DiD ReAd YoUr PoSt" and then proceed to not elaborate further OR blatantly misquote you.
Crab Turtle respects your pronouns.
he/him
Sign the Crab Turtle petition here! http://chng.it/J4rvHFFfZG

ReturnOfTheHurp

Post #22 by ReturnOfTheHurp » Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:07 am

Well, reading that log, he does say:
[18:11] OP: "Because the other time with N3sh apparently silence is not consent in yugioh"
[18:21] MadRest: "It is in most cases."
[18:26] MadRest: "But I can't comment on the exact case."

That said, you were clearly sharking, and he is 100% correct about the ruling here.

Sound4

Post #23 by Sound4 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:10 pm

ReturnOfTheHurp wrote:Well, reading that log, he does say:
[18:11] OP: "Because the other time with N3sh apparently silence is not consent in yugioh"

That said, you were clearly sharking, and he is 100% correct about the ruling here.

No sharking occurred here. Madrest would have literally said if I was sharking. The ruling was done correctly my opponent said bahamut eff 8 or 9 seconds after my effect I was about to resolve but my all of a sudden said bahamut eff. If I resolved a few more seconds before I know people would have said "you didn't wait long enough".

Renji Asuka

Post #24 by Renji Asuka » Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:05 am

Sound4 wrote:

No sharking occurred here. Madrest would have literally said if I was sharking. The ruling was done correctly my opponent said bahamut eff 8 or 9 seconds after my effect I was about to resolve but my all of a sudden said bahamut eff. If I resolved a few more seconds before I know people would have said "you didn't wait long enough".

Do I really need to go through the replay and tear you another asshole?
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

Sound4

Post #25 by Sound4 » Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:05 am

Renji Asuka wrote:
Sound4 wrote:

Do I really need to go through the replay and tear you another asshole?

You can if you want to. Plus stop using inappropriate language it was unnecessary.

Genexwrecker

Post #26 by Genexwrecker » Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:44 am

silence is not generally consent. this is a game of communication and the game does not move forward without the consent of the other player. pending the situation it may be ruled that their silence is consent and in a lot of cases we will likely rule it as a late response. Madrests statement is just that pending the situation we may likely see the silence as consent but that doesnt mean that is how you should be approaching your games.
Official Duelingbook Support staff
Official Duelingbook Resource Judge
Official Duelingbook Tournament Admin.(Other tournament Admin is Runzy)

Sound4

Post #27 by Sound4 » Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:31 pm

Genexwrecker wrote:silence is not generally consent. this is a game of communication and the game does not move forward without the consent of the other player. pending the situation it may be ruled that their silence is consent and in a lot of cases we will likely rule it as a late response. Madrests statement is just that pending the situation we may likely see the silence as consent but that doesnt mean that is how you should be approaching your games.

Most players want to play at fast pace. Nobody wants to waste time waiting for a response.

Genexwrecker

Post #28 by Genexwrecker » Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:39 pm

Sound4 wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:silence is not generally consent. this is a game of communication and the game does not move forward without the consent of the other player. pending the situation it may be ruled that their silence is consent and in a lot of cases we will likely rule it as a late response. Madrests statement is just that pending the situation we may likely see the silence as consent but that doesnt mean that is how you should be approaching your games.

Most players want to play at fast pace. Nobody wants to waste time waiting for a response.

Then dont play rated

Tommy Wiseau

Post #29 by Tommy Wiseau » Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:23 pm

Genexwrecker wrote:
Christen57 wrote:Replay?

okay so i checked what madrest said
https://www.duelingbook.com/log?id=32070829

Not only did madrest not say the statement "silence is consent" but they ruled against you here. you activated your card and your opponent responded 9 seconds later where you didnt even resolve the chain yet or begin to. madrests statement here is "the time is irrelevant" this does not mean "silence is consent" It means the timeframe is irrelevant in that specific scenario as the gamestate has literally not advanced at all so there is no reason to not allow the response there. frankly madrest was very lenient with you in that duel as this is clear sharking. you didnt even begin to resolve the effect but basically demanded since they said nothing before activating their effect that they gave up their response by being silent for 9 seconds.

Stop spreading missinformation and trying to twist the words we say for one scenario to fit your agenda it is not going to be tolerated.

Yes, but at the same time, it depends on the Duel. I've heard 15 seconds is a good time to allow for responses, but even that, realistically, is a lot. People tend to be very quick with responses when they have something, reacting within five or so seconds.

Genexwrecker

Post #30 by Genexwrecker » Thu Sep 30, 2021 4:05 am

Tommy Wiseau wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:
Christen57 wrote:Replay?

okay so i checked what madrest said

Not only did madrest not say the statement "silence is consent" but they ruled against you here. you activated your card and your opponent responded 9 seconds later where you didnt even resolve the chain yet or begin to. madrests statement here is "the time is irrelevant" this does not mean "silence is consent" It means the timeframe is irrelevant in that specific scenario as the gamestate has literally not advanced at all so there is no reason to not allow the response there. frankly madrest was very lenient with you in that duel as this is clear sharking. you didnt even begin to resolve the effect but basically demanded since they said nothing before activating their effect that they gave up their response by being silent for 9 seconds.

Stop spreading missinformation and trying to twist the words we say for one scenario to fit your agenda it is not going to be tolerated.

Yes, but at the same time, it depends on the Duel. I've heard 15 seconds is a good time to allow for responses, but even that, realistically, is a lot. People tend to be very quick with responses when they have something, reacting within five or so seconds.

The player should immediately ask a response and the other player should immediately answer with think or k.

Sound4

Post #31 by Sound4 » Thu Sep 30, 2021 2:40 pm

Genexwrecker wrote:
Sound4 wrote:

Then dont play rated

Yugioh is a fast paced game and people have even said it has gotten a lot faster since 5 years ago.
https://www.yugioh-card.com/ph/event/ru
"During the duel, all actions taken by either duelist must be made clear and acknowledged by both sides."

Genexwrecker

Post #32 by Genexwrecker » Thu Sep 30, 2021 2:50 pm

Sound4 wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:
Sound4 wrote:Most players want to play at fast pace. Nobody wants to waste time waiting for a response.

Then dont play rated

Yugioh is a fast paced game and people have even said it has gotten a lot faster since 5 years ago.
"During the duel, all actions taken by either duelist must be made clear and acknowledged by both sides."

Aka communication required no silence

Tommy Wiseau

Post #33 by Tommy Wiseau » Fri Oct 01, 2021 2:56 am

Genexwrecker wrote:
Tommy Wiseau wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:okay so i checked what madrest said

The player should immediately ask a response and the other player should immediately answer with think or k.

They really shouldn't. Declaring automatically implies that you're asking for a response. When someone has a response, he will ask you to wait, say he's thinking about a potential response, or allows for a response. Taking more than 15 seconds per play is unrealistic and excessive, and I consider it slow play, at least in the context of DB. I don't know how slow real-life games tend to be, but I doubt they are this slow. I've seen a few live games, and they weren't slow.

Renji Asuka

Post #34 by Renji Asuka » Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:08 am

Tommy Wiseau wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:
Tommy Wiseau wrote:

They really shouldn't. Declaring automatically implies that you're asking for a response. When someone has a response, he will ask you to wait, say he's thinking about a potential response, or allows for a response. Taking more than 15 seconds per play is unrealistic and excessive, and I consider it slow play, at least in the context of DB. I don't know how slow real-life games tend to be, but I doubt they are this slow. I've seen a few live games, and they weren't slow.

So you're saying your opponent shouldn't wait for a response when activating anything? Man, that goes against the rulebook.
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

Genexwrecker

Post #35 by Genexwrecker » Fri Oct 01, 2021 6:06 am

Tommy Wiseau wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:
Tommy Wiseau wrote:

Declaring automatically implies that you're asking for a response.

yea that would be how the game works. you declare ask for a response and opp says k or think fairly simple

Sound4

Post #36 by Sound4 » Fri Oct 01, 2021 2:08 pm

Genexwrecker wrote:
Sound4 wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:Then dont play rated

Mine was already acknowledged by the silence.

greg503

Post #37 by greg503 » Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:21 pm

Sound4 wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:
Sound4 wrote:Yugioh is a fast paced game and people have even said it has gotten a lot faster since 5 years ago.

Maybe, but you ARE responsible for showing extra information and backing up your gamestate when your opponent does anything
Buy Floowandereeze

troglyte
Mood:

Post #38 by troglyte » Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:07 pm

Sound4 wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:
Sound4 wrote:Yugioh is a fast paced game and people have even said it has gotten a lot faster since 5 years ago.

Anyone who has seen your replays knows that the opponents did not accept the gamestate. You just ASSUMED that they did because they didn't immediately say/do something.

I WILL beat you over the head with this quote that YOU provided.
he/him

Sound4

Post #39 by Sound4 » Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:30 pm

troglyte wrote:
Sound4 wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:Aka communication required no silence

Anyone who has seen your replays knows that the opponents did not accept the gamestate. You just ASSUMED that they did because they didn't immediately say/do something.

Though an average of 3 minutes may be spent on each turn, excessive time should not be spent to allow the tournament to proceed properly. Any duelists caught taking too long (or intentionally stalling for time) may be penalized."
You missed the point and Ii have already shown this quote before. You give your opponent a few seconds if your opponent isn't saying anything then you may proceed as your opponent isn't saying anything. Communication is key In DB.

troglyte
Mood:

Post #40 by troglyte » Sat Oct 02, 2021 10:43 pm

Sound4 wrote:
troglyte wrote:
Sound4 wrote:Mine was already acknowledged by the silence.

Though an average of 3 minutes may be spent on each turn, excessive time should not be spent to allow the tournament to proceed properly. Any duelists caught taking too long (or intentionally stalling for time) may be penalized."
You missed the point and Ii have already shown this quote before. You give your opponent a few seconds if your opponent isn't saying anything then you may proceed as your opponent isn't saying anything. Communication is key In DB.

And by ignoring your opponent, you are actively refusing to communicate with them out of spite, which is just as bad, if not worse. You have completely failed to address the point I was trying to make. If your opponent is not responding, you don't continue, you CALL A JUDGE.
he/him

Return to “Spam Paradise”