Here you can discuss just about whatever you want
Sound4

Re: Silence is Consent in Yugioh Just had Confirmation

Post #81 by Sound4 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:29 pm

Genexwrecker wrote:
Sound4 wrote:
ReturnOfTheHurp wrote:
The judge in this matter literally does say:

[18:11] OP: "Because the other time with N3sh apparently silence is not consent in yugioh"
[18:21] MadRest: "It is in most cases."
[18:26] MadRest: "But I can't comment on the exact case."

OP is a shark, but there are definitely 2 different responses coming from the mod team here.

Judge would have literally said if I was sharking.

The judge is saying ur sharking

Who Madrest? N3sh? None of them ssid if I was sharking and most likely given the game loss.

Sound4

Post #82 by Sound4 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:35 pm

greg503 wrote:
Sound4 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:You are refusing to communicate by supporting that Silence is consent.

You have not provided any points to my "flaws" when there is none. At most you state "read my replies" which says literally nothing. Repeating your flawed view doesn't make for an argument.

Also, there is no accusation being made towards you. Everything said about you, has either been proven through replays or even stated by you. You don't get to backtrack.

If my opponent hasn't said anything then I continue. The fact that my opponent isn't saying is that I should continue tinue as there is no reason to wait 20 seconds for a response. I literally replied to everything as I see flaws you know this. I replied if you gus had anything to say about the replay.

Just because you CAN "advance the gamestate" when your opponent isn't saying anything doesn't mean that they have accepted the "advanced gamestate" so if they say otherwise then you have to be responsible for both repairing your gamestate by rewinding AND having shown your opponent extra information.

If they haven't accepted the gamestate and not saying anything that is there fault.

greg503

Post #83 by greg503 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:00 pm

Sound4 wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:
ReturnOfTheHurp wrote:

[18:11] OP: "Because the other time with N3sh apparently silence is not consent in yugioh"

OP is a shark, but there are definitely 2 different responses coming from the mod team here.
ur taking things too literal the statement means in most cases we will likely find the silence to be consent as the ruling for x situation. Silence is never consent and you should never play any game with that mentality. Just because we may rule it on most occasions does not mean that is how you should be playing

To not make the duel over an hour most players want to play at a fast pace. There is no reason why a player should be taking 20 seconds to respond.
"Though an average of 3 minutes may be spent on each turn, excessive time should not be spent to allow the tournament to proceed properly. Any duelists caught taking too long (or intentionally stalling for time) may be penalized."

DB Rated is not a tournament, it does not have a time limit for turns or matches, not maintaining proper gamestate by playing ahead of your opponent becomes sharking if you assume silence is consent, which you are in this example.
Buy Floowandereeze

Renji Asuka

Post #84 by Renji Asuka » Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:46 pm

Sound4 wrote:
greg503 wrote:
Sound4 wrote:If my opponent hasn't said anything then I continue. The fact that my opponent isn't saying is that I should continue tinue as there is no reason to wait 20 seconds for a response. I literally replied to everything as I see flaws you know this. I replied if you gus had anything to say about the replay.

Just because you CAN "advance the gamestate" when your opponent isn't saying anything doesn't mean that they have accepted the "advanced gamestate" so if they say otherwise then you have to be responsible for both repairing your gamestate by rewinding AND having shown your opponent extra information.

If they haven't accepted the gamestate and not saying anything that is there fault.

That does not give you the right to continue the gamestate.
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

Renji Asuka

Post #85 by Renji Asuka » Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:49 pm

Sound4 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:
ReturnOfTheHurp wrote:

The OP is also known for not listening to a judge after being told to play wasting 40+ minutes. All because they stopped playing the game cause they would lose.

I saw flaws in what the judge was saying which I was questioning. I literally had the advantage in the duel.

No you did not. You were given a ruling and you did NOT accept the ruling because you knew you would lose. After being told to play MULTIPLE TIMES and you REFUSED TO, only shows that is how you act in a losing situation in which, you do not have the right to be on DB.

Either play the game or stfu.

Sound4

Post #86 by Sound4 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:21 pm

Renji Asuka wrote:
Sound4 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:The OP is also known for not listening to a judge after being told to play wasting 40+ minutes. All because they stopped playing the game cause they would lose.

I saw flaws in what the judge was saying which I was questioning. I literally had the advantage in the duel.

No you did not. You were given a ruling and you did NOT accept the ruling because you knew you would lose. After being told to play MULTIPLE TIMES and you REFUSED TO, only shows that is how you act in a losing situation in which, you do not have the right to be on DB.

I don't know why you are writing in caps but that is besides the point. I literally saw flaws in what the judge I was saying especially when N3sh ignoring what I was saying multiple times. I didn't see any reason why the response would be allowed here. You have yet to prove how I was about to "lose".

Sound4

Post #87 by Sound4 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:23 pm

Renji Asuka wrote:
Sound4 wrote:
greg503 wrote:Just because you CAN "advance the gamestate" when your opponent isn't saying anything doesn't mean that they have accepted the "advanced gamestate" so if they say otherwise then you have to be responsible for both repairing your gamestate by rewinding AND having shown your opponent extra information.

It does as my opponent didn't say anything I know that even if the opponent had not accepted the gamestate they never said anything so it is there fault and they will get the blame not me.

Genexwrecker

Post #88 by Genexwrecker » Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:42 pm

Sound4 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:
Sound4 wrote:If they haven't accepted the gamestate and not saying anything that is there fault.

It does as my opponent didn't say anything I know that even if the opponent had not accepted the gamestate they never said anything so it is there fault and they will get the blame not me.

Ur both to blame what do you not understand about this? Communication is required by both players.
Official Duelingbook Support staff
Official Duelingbook Resource Judge
Official Duelingbook Tournament Admin.(Other tournament Admin is Runzy)

Renji Asuka

Post #89 by Renji Asuka » Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:07 pm

Sound4 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:
Sound4 wrote:I saw flaws in what the judge was saying which I was questioning. I literally had the advantage in the duel.

I don't know why you are writing in caps but that is besides the point. I literally saw flaws in what the judge I was saying especially when N3sh ignoring what I was saying multiple times. I didn't see any reason why the response would be allowed here. You have yet to prove how I was about to "lose".

Your own replay regarding N3sh is proof enough you pulled that shit when you started to be put into a losing position.

But get this through your own thick fucking skull.

DO NOT MAKE A FUCKING PLAY WITHOUT THE OPPONENT'S SAY SO. IF THEY WON'T COMMUNICATE CALL A FUCKING JUDGE. DO NOT RISK GETTING A GAME LOSS OR MATCH LOSS.

Sound4

Post #90 by Sound4 » Wed Oct 20, 2021 3:31 pm

Renji Asuka wrote:
Sound4 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:No you did not. You were given a ruling and you did NOT accept the ruling because you knew you would lose. After being told to play MULTIPLE TIMES and you REFUSED TO, only shows that is how you act in a losing situation in which, you do not have the right to be on DB.

Your own replay regarding N3sh is proof enough you pulled that shit when you started to be put into a losing position.

DO NOT MAKE A FUCKING PLAY WITHOUT THE OPPONENT'S SAY SO. IF THEY WON'T COMMUNICATE CALL A FUCKING JUDGE. DO NOT RISK GETTING A GAME LOSS OR MATCH LOSS.

I had the advantage in the duel look at the replay again and my hand I still had plenty of options. There is nothing to risk as my opponent never said anything that they had a response.

Sound4

Post #91 by Sound4 » Wed Oct 20, 2021 3:32 pm

Genexwrecker wrote:
Sound4 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:That does not give you the right to continue the gamestate.

Ur both to blame what do you not understand about this? Communication is required by both players.

You do know that when you activated an effect you are basically asking for a response? That is why you wait for a response for some time it is not the players fault that the opponent did not say anything.

Genexwrecker

Post #92 by Genexwrecker » Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:16 pm

Sound4 wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:
Sound4 wrote:It does as my opponent didn't say anything I know that even if the opponent had not accepted the gamestate they never said anything so it is there fault and they will get the blame not me.

You do know that when you activated an effect you are basically asking for a response? That is why you wait for a response for some time it is not the players fault that the opponent did not say anything.

It is your fault if they dont respond then you make them respond and open up the communication

Renji Asuka

Post #93 by Renji Asuka » Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:18 pm

Sound4 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:
Sound4 wrote:I don't know why you are writing in caps but that is besides the point. I literally saw flaws in what the judge I was saying especially when N3sh ignoring what I was saying multiple times. I didn't see any reason why the response would be allowed here. You have yet to prove how I was about to "lose".

I had the advantage in the duel look at the replay again and my hand I still had plenty of options. There is nothing to risk as my opponent never said anything that they had a response.

No, you did not. I watched your replay that involved N3sh, you had 0 options and you refused to play after being told to.

Jedx_EX
Mood:

Post #94 by Jedx_EX » Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:34 am

(Here before this thread gets locked.)

Sound4

Post #95 by Sound4 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:07 pm

Renji Asuka wrote:
Sound4 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:Your own replay regarding N3sh is proof enough you pulled that shit when you started to be put into a losing position.

No, you did not. I watched your replay that involved N3sh, you had 0 options and you refused to play after being told to.

I had plenty of options when N3sh left you can see I was still able to make plays.

Sound4

Post #96 by Sound4 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:13 pm

Genexwrecker wrote:
Sound4 wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:Ur both to blame what do you not understand about this? Communication is required by both players.

It is your fault if they dont respond then you make them respond and open up the communication

That is not the opponents responsibility to "make them respond"

greg503

Post #97 by greg503 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:52 pm

Sound4 wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:
Sound4 wrote:You do know that when you activated an effect you are basically asking for a response? That is why you wait for a response for some time it is not the players fault that the opponent did not say anything.

Correct, it is YOUR responsibility to make the opponent maintain the gamestate AS WELL through communication.
Buy Floowandereeze

Genexwrecker

Post #98 by Genexwrecker » Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:03 pm

Sound4 wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:
Sound4 wrote:You do know that when you activated an effect you are basically asking for a response? That is why you wait for a response for some time it is not the players fault that the opponent did not say anything.

Uh yes it is.

Sound4

Post #99 by Sound4 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:37 pm

greg503 wrote:
Sound4 wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:It is your fault if they dont respond then you make them respond and open up the communication

Correct, it is YOUR responsibility to make the opponent maintain the gamestate AS WELL through communication.

Taking longer than 15 seconds means you have no response and you may continue.
https://www.yugioh-card.com/ph/event/ru ... s/?lang=en
"Though an average of 3 minutes may be spent on each turn, excessive time should not be spent to allow the tournament to proceed properly. Any duelists caught taking too long (or intentionally stalling for time) may be penalized."
The gamestate is fine the fact that my opponent did not say anything is there fault not mine. It is not difficult to say something.

greg503

Post #100 by greg503 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:24 pm

Sound4 wrote:
greg503 wrote:
Sound4 wrote:That is not the opponents responsibility to "make them respond"

Taking longer than 15 seconds means you have no response and you may continue.
https://www.yugioh-card.com/ph/event/ru ... s/?lang=en
The gamestate is fine the fact that my opponent did not say anything is there fault not mine. It is not difficult to say something.

You know that link isn't applicable to DB right?
Buy Floowandereeze

Return to “Spam Paradise”