Silence is Consent in Yugioh Just had Confirmation

Here you can discuss just about whatever you want
Sound4

Re: Silence is Consent in Yugioh Just had Confirmation

Post #501 by Sound4 » Mon Jan 03, 2022 4:16 pm

Renji Asuka wrote:
Sound4 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:Or maybe caps got your attention because you're too stupid to realize what the points are so I made them bigger for you.

Then again, you had no points past your first post. And yet here you are still being a fucking moron.

Tell me what points I have missed? I have replied to everything you have said

All you done was reply, that's it, you didn't read anything that is being told to you. You missed every point that was told to you. You been told multiple times how you're wrong, you've done nothing and I mean NOTHING to prove otherwise and yet here you are still arguing. I seen a lot of stupid people, and you are so far the most idiotic person that is on the internet.

So here is what I recommend, go through this entire thread. Read what is being told to you. Look at everything from a 3rd person perspective. Maybe then you'd gain some sort of insight on how stupid you really are.

Tell me what point I have missed? You have not done that yet. I don't recall me missing anything.

Renji Asuka

Post #502 by Renji Asuka » Mon Jan 03, 2022 5:13 pm

Sound4 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:
Sound4 wrote:Tell me what points I have missed? I have replied to everything you have said

All you done was reply, that's it, you didn't read anything that is being told to you. You missed every point that was told to you. You been told multiple times how you're wrong, you've done nothing and I mean NOTHING to prove otherwise and yet here you are still arguing. I seen a lot of stupid people, and you are so far the most idiotic person that is on the internet.

So here is what I recommend, go through this entire thread. Read what is being told to you. Look at everything from a 3rd person perspective. Maybe then you'd gain some sort of insight on how stupid you really are.

Tell me what point I have missed? You have not done that yet. I don't recall me missing anything.

If you have to ask, you missed everything that was told to you. Now shut your bitch ass up.
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

Christen57

Post #503 by Christen57 » Mon Jan 03, 2022 7:10 pm

Sound4 wrote:
Christen57 wrote:
Sound4 wrote:You are acting like resolving a difficult issue which is not very clear in the first place is easy.

It wouldn't have gotten so difficult to begin with had you communicated better.

When I said along the lines of "When Maniez goes offline no other judges come in" after that he said "get ignored"
There was a gap of at least 40 seconds that is why I knew he was just going to ignore me that is why I said "well let's wait 40 minutes" as he had plenty time to respond before that.

Remember that that 40 seconds from [17:11] to [17:51] was you not being done with your thinking or whatever it was you were doing, so the opponent was running out of patience.

If he wants to ignore me I don't see how that is my fault.

If you had still finished your thinking and reading and told him, there's a chance he would've changed his mind about ignoring you, cancelled the call, and continued his play, so you should've taken that chance.

When I was pointing at whale he wasn't complaining about that that so I thought he was OK with me reading whale as he didn't activate that long ago.

He didn't know you were at that point reading Cruel Whale. He was still under the impression you were still reading Edge Imp Chain. Look back at where he said:

[19:48] "im asking 1 card"
[19:48] "in gy"
[19:51] "for more than 40 seconds"
[19:54] "if you need more than 40 seconds"
[19:58] "to read and think"
[20:01] "about 1 effect in gy"
[20:03] "you are slowplaying"

He specifically referred to the Edge Imp Chain in the graveyard, continued referring specifically to that card, and didn't at any point mention the Cruel Whale on the field, because he was still thinking that you were still looking at Edge Imp Chain. All he chatted indicated this, and nothing he chatted indicated that he was up to date about the other card on the field you were reading. Notice how he said "if you need more than 40 seconds to read and think about 1 effect in gy" and not "if you need more than 40 seconds to read and think about 1 effect in the gy and a card on the field". This shows that he still wasn't aware you were now reading Cruel Whale instead of Edge Imp Chain. If he realized you were then reading the other card, he would've said "to read and think about 2 effects" or something like that, instead of "to read and think about 1 effect".

Also, you don't need to click on cards when reading them. Just hovering your cursor over them is enough. In fact, I would argue that clicking on cards just to read them creates more confusion than simply hovering your cursor over them, as clicking on them for that purpose could make the opponent think you're activating a hand trap, like Effect Veiler or something, targeting that card, when you aren't.

I brought the appeal yes but whenever he said a comment about the appeal he would not answer the stuff I said before that which was annoying as ai don't think he was taking into consideration.

It wasn't the judge's responsibility to answer what you were asking. It was your responsibility to explain what you were doing for so long between the moment you started thinking at [17:11] and 10 minutes later after that.

I am pretty I have seen a judge say that they can look back through a replay even if the duel is still in progress.

Either way, I looked back at the replay myself just to be sure, and no, you still can't see in the replay the 3 grey dots that appear when someone starts typing, only what they actually chat.

I was clearly communicating and being reasonable.

You weren't communicating clearly enough. As I pointed out earlier, agreeing to wait for a judge whose call you don't know the reason of since you never bothered to ask, just clicking on cards when you're not actually targeting/choosing them for an attack/effect, and failing to explicitly communicate that you were reading and no longer thinking, were all instances of improper communication on your part.

I don't know why you are changing the subject to the gap of at least being 40 seconds which is why I said "well let's wait 40 minutes".

Which you shouldn't have done as you weren't yet informed why the call was made to begin with.

I was pointing at the opponents card to signal that I was reading that card and Maniez said nothing on that.

Just pointing at cards didn't signal anything to either the judge or your opponent. Maybe you thought you were signaling, but they didn't pick up on the signal, so you should've been more clear and told them in the chat you were reading those other cards.

I am pretty sure I have seen a judge saying they can looks back through a replay even though it is still in progress.

Either way, replays don't show when someone's typing, only when they hit Enter to chat their message.

I explained to Maniez as I ready showed the logs for that.

The only one who showed the judge any logs was your opponent, not you. https://www.duelingbook.com/log?id=815175-33324410

[29:59] Maniez entered the game
[30:04] Maniez: "Hello, what is the issue?"
[30:10] "Hi"
[30:11] "sound4"
[30:13] "refusing to play"
[30:42] "I said think but thinking apparently to him is refusing to play"
[31:07] "time stamp maniez"
[31:09] "So he called a judge for AFK when I want still typing in the chat"
[31:10] "[17:08] "edge imp effect" [17:11] "Think" [17:11] Viewed deck [17:13] Stopped viewing Deck [17:13] Shuffled deck [17:39] "so?edge imp ok?""
[31:10] "until now"

This is the only time any part of the log was being shown to the judge, and it was from your opponent.

itsmetristan

Post #504 by itsmetristan » Mon Jan 03, 2022 7:59 pm

If you have to ask, you missed everything that was told to you. Now shut your bitch ass up.

Do not constantly cuss and insult other users. It doesn't matter what they're saying or doing, insulting/cussing at them doesn't accomplish anything, plus it's disrespectful.

RC-2
PC-1

Senior Admin

Renji Asuka

Post #505 by Renji Asuka » Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:23 pm

itsmetristan wrote:

Do not constantly cuss and insult other users. It doesn't matter what they're saying or doing, insulting/cussing at them doesn't accomplish anything, plus it's disrespectful.

And everything has been told to Sound4 multiple times and yet they still don't acknowledge that they are in the wrong and still continue to act like "Silence is consent". No matter how many times and how they were told, they don't get it. So they get 0 respect from me.

itsmetristan

Post #506 by itsmetristan » Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:40 pm

Renji Asuka wrote:
itsmetristan wrote:

And everything has been told to Sound4 multiple times and yet they still don't acknowledge that they are in the wrong and still continue to act like "Silence is consent". No matter how many times and how they were told, they don't get it. So they get 0 respect from me.

Then leave the thread alone. Nobody is forcing you to remain here. It does not matter if you don't respect the other user, you are under no circumstance allowed to insult them as much as you have on this platform.

RC-2
PC-1

Senior Admin

Christen57

Post #507 by Christen57 » Tue Jan 04, 2022 3:43 am

itsmetristan wrote:This thread is in spam paradise. There's no reason for it to be locked.

Any way you could move the thread to serious discussion? I know it was possible to move threads around back on dueling network's forum. This clearly doesn't belong in spam paradise.

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #508 by Lil Oldman » Tue Jan 04, 2022 3:53 am

Considering this is Broken Record Galore, it belongs perfectly in Spam Paradise.
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."
Help I cannot remove this music from my head
https://youtu.be/ZuXI7qcNsHQ
Will try reviewing custom cards if they look interesting.

itsmetristan

Post #509 by itsmetristan » Tue Jan 04, 2022 6:33 am

Christen57 wrote:
itsmetristan wrote:This thread is in spam paradise. There's no reason for it to be locked.

Any way you could move the thread to serious discussion? I know it was possible to move threads around back on dueling network's forum. This clearly doesn't belong in spam paradise.

I disagree. Regardless, I cannot move it to serious discussion.

RC-2
PC-1

Senior Admin

ankh_gaming

Post #510 by ankh_gaming » Wed Jan 05, 2022 1:35 pm

I'd like to give my opinion on this thread, after reading through it. At first, I used to think that silence is consent, until the person resolving the effect asks "k?" I would then either reply with "k" or the thumbs up button. After reading this though, initially on sound4's side, i started changing my mind. I totally agree that silence is concent is not an option, and that sound4 did deserve a freeze,but i think that there should be a set of tips/rules about communicating on the site. for example:

"k?" - Used after an effect is declared to ask opponent wether to if they have a response or to resolve the effect.

"k" or the thumbs up button - Used to indicate that opponent can resolve effect and that you will not respond with anything. Opponent doesn't necessarily have to ask "k?"

"on eff" or "on effect" - Used after opponent declares effect or asks "k?" to show that you would like to chain an effect. If opponent has a chain link, they must type it in chat first.

"think" or "thinking" or the thinking button - Used to tell opponent to give you time to think about their effect declaration. You could either follow up with "k" or "on eff" to tell you're opponent when you're done thinking and what to do next.

"reading" - Used to tell you're opponent that you need time to read the text of a card.

Other rules:

- If an opponent asks you how you did something, you must explain it fully.

- If there is a dispute or disagreement, call a judge in the appropriate section. While waiting, keep playing the game as normal.

I hope either tristen or genex would read this. Another suggestion is to make the entierty of ranked reserved for those who completed the judge/expert exam

greg503

Post #511 by greg503 » Wed Jan 05, 2022 3:43 pm

ankh_gaming wrote:Another suggestion is to make the entierty of ranked reserved for those who completed the judge/expert exam

That would never happen because it defeats the point of judges. There is basically no need for judges in unrated matches because players can just leave with no penalty. And why would people be happy being forced to play unrated?
Buy Floowandereeze

itsmetristan

Post #512 by itsmetristan » Wed Jan 05, 2022 5:01 pm

ankh_gaming wrote:I'd like to give my opinion on this thread, after reading through it. At first, I used to think that silence is consent, until the person resolving the effect asks "k?" I would then either reply with "k" or the thumbs up button. After reading this though, initially on sound4's side, i started changing my mind. I totally agree that silence is concent is not an option, and that sound4 did deserve a freeze,but i think that there should be a set of tips/rules about communicating on the site. for example:

"k?" - Used after an effect is declared to ask opponent wether to if they have a response or to resolve the effect.

"k" or the thumbs up button - Used to indicate that opponent can resolve effect and that you will not respond with anything. Opponent doesn't necessarily have to ask "k?"

"on eff" or "on effect" - Used after opponent declares effect or asks "k?" to show that you would like to chain an effect. If opponent has a chain link, they must type it in chat first.

"think" or "thinking" or the thinking button - Used to tell opponent to give you time to think about their effect declaration. You could either follow up with "k" or "on eff" to tell you're opponent when you're done thinking and what to do next.

"reading" - Used to tell you're opponent that you need time to read the text of a card.

Other rules:

- If there is a dispute or disagreement, call a judge in the appropriate section. While waiting, keep playing the game as normal.

I hope either tristen or genex would read this. Another suggestion is to make the entierty of ranked reserved for those who completed the judge/expert exam

The idea about tips/rules about communication is a bit pointless. It's common sense that you should be communicating with your opponent. We don't need guidelines for something players should already know how to do. Yu-Gi-Oh isn't solitaire after all.

RC-2
PC-1

Senior Admin

Sound4

Post #513 by Sound4 » Wed Jan 05, 2022 5:16 pm

Christen57 wrote:
Sound4 wrote:
Christen57 wrote:
It wouldn't have gotten so difficult to begin with had you communicated better.

Remember that that 40 seconds from [17:11] to [17:51] was you not being done with your thinking or whatever it was you were doing, so the opponent was running out of patience.

If you had still finished your thinking and reading and told him, there's a chance he would've changed his mind about ignoring you, cancelled the call, and continued his play, so you should've taken that chance.

He didn't know you were at that point reading Cruel Whale. He was still under the impression you were still reading Edge Imp Chain. Look back at where he said:

[19:48] "im asking 1 card"
[19:48] "in gy"
[19:51] "for more than 40 seconds"
[19:54] "if you need more than 40 seconds"
[19:58] "to read and think"
[20:01] "about 1 effect in gy"
[20:03] "you are slowplaying"

He specifically referred to the Edge Imp Chain in the graveyard, continued referring specifically to that card, and didn't at any point mention the Cruel Whale on the field, because he was still thinking that you were still looking at Edge Imp Chain. All he chatted indicated this, and nothing he chatted indicated that he was up to date about the other card on the field you were reading. Notice how he said "if you need more than 40 seconds to read and think about 1 effect in gy" and not "if you need more than 40 seconds to read and think about 1 effect in the gy and a card on the field". This shows that he still wasn't aware you were now reading Cruel Whale instead of Edge Imp Chain. If he realized you were then reading the other card, he would've said "to read and think about 2 effects" or something like that, instead of "to read and think about 1 effect".

Also, you don't need to click on cards when reading them. Just hovering your cursor over them is enough. In fact, I would argue that clicking on cards just to read them creates more confusion than simply hovering your cursor over them, as clicking on them for that purpose could make the opponent think you're activating a hand trap, like Effect Veiler or something, targeting that card, when you aren't.

It wasn't the judge's responsibility to answer what you were asking. It was your responsibility to explain what you were doing for so long between the moment you started thinking at [17:11] and 10 minutes later after that.

Either way, I looked back at the replay myself just to be sure, and no, you still can't see in the replay the 3 grey dots that appear when someone starts typing, only what they actually chat.

I was clearly communicating and being reasonable.

You weren't communicating clearly enough. As I pointed out earlier, agreeing to wait for a judge whose call you don't know the reason of since you never bothered to ask, just clicking on cards when you're not actually targeting/choosing them for an attack/effect, and failing to explicitly communicate that you were reading and no longer thinking, were all instances of improper communication on your part.

I don't know why you are changing the subject to the gap of at least being 40 seconds which is why I said "well let's wait 40 minutes".

Which you shouldn't have done as you weren't yet informed why the call was made to begin with.

I was pointing at the opponents card to signal that I was reading that card and Maniez said nothing on that.

Just pointing at cards didn't signal anything to either the judge or your opponent. Maybe you thought you were signaling, but they didn't pick up on the signal, so you should've been more clear and told them in the chat you were reading those other cards.

I am pretty sure I have seen a judge saying they can looks back through a replay even though it is still in progress.

Either way, replays don't show when someone's typing, only when they hit Enter to chat their message.

I explained to Maniez as I ready showed the logs for that.

The only one who showed the judge any logs was your opponent, not you. https://www.duelingbook.com/log?id=815175-33324410

[29:59] Maniez entered the game
[30:04] Maniez: "Hello, what is the issue?"
[30:10] "Hi"
[30:11] "sound4"
[30:13] "refusing to play"
[30:42] "I said think but thinking apparently to him is refusing to play"
[31:07] "time stamp maniez"
[31:09] "So he called a judge for AFK when I want still typing in the chat"
[31:10] "[17:08] "edge imp effect" [17:11] "Think" [17:11] Viewed deck [17:13] Stopped viewing Deck [17:13] Shuffled deck [17:39] "so?edge imp ok?""
[31:10] "until now"

This is the only time any part of the log was being shown to the judge, and it was from your opponent.

There is enough proof that the opponent would have simply ignored me until the judge came in. You have still not answered that it us not my fault that if he wants to ignore me. You keep ignoring these important details which is making your replies flawed and inaccurate.

If the opponent didn't know why I was pointing at whale then they could have simply said "Why are you pointing at whale?" when he didn't say any of that I thought he had no problem of me pointing at whale. He didn't say anything on him having a issue with that until after he called a judge.

You are misinterpreting and missing the point I meant I showed the logs in this thread notinthe duel.

Sound4

Post #514 by Sound4 » Wed Jan 05, 2022 5:18 pm

ankh_gaming wrote:I'd like to give my opinion on this thread, after reading through it. At first, I used to think that silence is consent, until the person resolving the effect asks "k?" I would then either reply with "k" or the thumbs up button. After reading this though, initially on sound4's side, i started changing my mind. I totally agree that silence is concent is not an option, and that sound4 did deserve a freeze,but i think that there should be a set of tips/rules about communicating on the site. for example:

Other rules:

If you are talking about the Maniez replay. How did "deserve" the freeze? If you are going to make a claim I recommend explaining instead of leaving it vague.

Sound4

Post #515 by Sound4 » Wed Jan 05, 2022 5:20 pm

Renji Asuka wrote:
Sound4 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:All you done was reply, that's it, you didn't read anything that is being told to you. You missed every point that was told to you. You been told multiple times how you're wrong, you've done nothing and I mean NOTHING to prove otherwise and yet here you are still arguing. I seen a lot of stupid people, and you are so far the most idiotic person that is on the internet.

You refuse to say what I missed. That tells me I missed nothing and you are simply saying that just to make look like the bad guy.

robinatk

Post #516 by robinatk » Wed Jan 05, 2022 5:27 pm

I don't really understand the problem. Is someone just sad they got frozen because they failed to communicate? Was pretty clear from what the Senior Judge said.

itsmetristan

Post #517 by itsmetristan » Wed Jan 05, 2022 5:40 pm

Sound4 wrote:There is enough proof that the opponent would have simply ignored me until the judge came in. You have still not answered that it us not my fault that if he wants to ignore me. You keep ignoring these important details which is making your replies flawed and inaccurate.

If the opponent didn't know why I was pointing at whale then they could have simply said "Why are you pointing at whale?" when he didn't say any of that I thought he had no problem of me pointing at whale. He didn't say anything on him having a issue with that until after he called a judge.

You are misinterpreting and missing the point I meant I showed the logs in this thread notinthe duel.

Frankly, whether your opponent would have ignored you or not doesn't excuse your actions. You still should have attempted to continue to the best of your ability, told your opponent you were done thinking, and so on. If you had actually done this and the opponent did not continue playing, then it would have been entirely their fault. As it stands, you not only failed to state whether you were done thinking, but also you made no attempt to tell your opponent to continue as they should have.

For the second point here, they shouldn't need to ask that. Selecting a card doesn't mean you're thinking. You could be selecting it for any number of reasons not related to thinking about if you'd like to respond. Nobody is going to interpret you selecting a card as you communicating that you'd like to think about responding or not, and they are in the right to not interpret it that way. I have no idea how them pointing out that you selected whale once the judge arrived is supposed to make you more correct.

Well of course you showed the logs in the thread? I don't think anyone is doubting that, which begs the question of why you're even bringing this up in the first place? I know you've been going on about how you posted links supporting your claim (despite none of the links actually supporting your claim), so if you said earlier that you sent the logs, meaning to convey that you sent the logs here, that's an extremely misleading and pointless thing to say.

RC-2
PC-1

Senior Admin

Christen57

Post #518 by Christen57 » Wed Jan 05, 2022 5:51 pm

ankh_gaming wrote:I hope either tristen or genex would read this. Another suggestion is to make the entierty of ranked reserved for those who completed the judge/expert exam

This wouldn't work because you need "experience" to take the judge exam to begin with, which you can currently only get by playing in rated, so if you limit rated to only those who pass the exam, you lock out both rated and the exam to everybody.

Genexwrecker

Post #519 by Genexwrecker » Wed Jan 05, 2022 7:03 pm

Christen57 wrote:

It was originally posted in serious discussions. We moved it to spam paradise since it was just a troll trolling and not an actual serious logical debate
Official Duelingbook Support staff
Official Duelingbook Resource Judge
Official Duelingbook Tournament Admin.(Other tournament Admin is Runzy)

Renji Asuka

Post #520 by Renji Asuka » Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:03 am

Sound4 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:
Sound4 wrote:Tell me what point I have missed? You have not done that yet. I don't recall me missing anything.

You refuse to say what I missed. That tells me I missed nothing and you are simply saying that just to make look like the bad guy.

Considering all you do is argue in circles. I'm not going to repeat myself after already repeating myself 50 billion times (obviously an exaggeration). If you can't put in enough braincells to figure out how and why you're in the wrong despite being told how and why, that's on you.

Return to “Spam Paradise”