Silence is Consent in Yugioh Just had Confirmation

Here you can discuss just about whatever you want
Renji Asuka

Re: Silence is Consent in Yugioh Just had Confirmation

Post #481 by Renji Asuka » Wed Dec 29, 2021 9:39 pm

Sound4 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:
Sound4 wrote:Now you are lying at this point. Madrest never said "sometimes" he said "in most cases" which pretty much means at least 95% of the time silence is consent.

You cut out the 2nd quote you quoted. How am I suppost to tell the judge I am finished thinking ever since the judge call was made when I don't even know what meant by me thinking fit 10 minutes? You cut out that part and that quote of yours was out of context.

Again I never knew what he meant by ne thinking for ten minutes. Just because you had 10 minutes to think does not mean you were thinking for 10 minutes. That is like saying "I was knocking forten minutes just because I had ten minutes to knock". I don't know I'd you don't know how to read but still ignored a large portion of my post.

I was clearly saying things in the chat trying to resolve the issue in the chat like "Maniez went offline" basically saying we would only be wasting both of our time waiting for a judge and simply continue accordingly. This is what I am saying you keep thinking that this never happened and I said nothing and waited ad was thinking for ten minutes. Bring facts and evidence if you are going to reply to someone.

And once again, WHAT WERE YOU DOING FOR THOSE 10 FUCKING MINUTES. YOU DIDN'T BOTHER TELLING THE JUDGE, NOT ONCE DID YOU TRY AND TELL THE FUCKING JUDGE. YOU ALSO HAD NO RIGHT TO MAKE YOUR OPPONENT WAIT BECAUSE YOU WERE IN A LOSING POSITION. YOU HAD NO RESPONSE THERE WAS NO REASONABLE REASON YOU CAN ARGUE TO MAKE YOUR OPPONENT WAIT 10 MINUTES BECAUSE YOU WERE IN A LOSING POSITION AND YOU KNEW IT. INSTEAD YOU MALICIOUSLY STALLED THE GAME. YOU DIDN'T EVEN TRY TO RESOLVE BEFORE THE JUDGE GOT THERE. YOUR OPPONENT TOLD YOU WHY THEY WERE CALLING A JUDGE AND YOU JUST SAT THERE ACCEPTING IT ALL BECAUSE THEY SAID "get ignored". YOU DIDN'T MAKE THE RIGHT CALL, YOU SHOULD HAD COMMUNICATED THAT YOU WERE DONE WITH YOUR THINKING, BUT YOU DIDN'T. YOU HAD 10 FUCKING MINUTES, 0 FUCKING PLAYS. THERE IS NO FUCKING EXCUSE FOR YOUR SHITTY BEHAVIOR.

I don't why you are writing in caps. I never understood what he meant by me thinking for 10 minutes. When did he ever say "Sound4 what were you doing for those 10 minutes?"
19:39] "Also Maniez went offline"
20:03] "And usually when his is not on no judges come obline"
Me trying to say that we would only be wasting both of our time waiting for a judge.

Because you're being fucking stupid. We've explained this shit to you MULTIPLE FUCKING TIMES. Just take the fucking L, shut the fuck up and move on.
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

greg503

Post #482 by greg503 » Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:25 pm

Sound4 wrote:
greg503 wrote:
Sound4 wrote:The confirmation was never a lie and I actually replied to Genexwrecker about that post.
18:11] "Because the other time with N3sh apparently silence is not consent in yugioh"
[18:21] MadRest: "It is in most cases."
Stop trying to say I had no confirmation when I actually showed the confirmation.

You're missing an important quantifier, like "sometimes," "most of the time" or just "a lot of the time." Otherwise, you're getting yourself into this mess over trying to universally say that "silence is consent in ygo"

Most definition-greatest in amount, quantity, or degree.

Forgot what we just talked about with nested quotes huh? If you put the effort in like Christen you can even quote multiple unrelated posts in one. Also greatest amount is more than half, not 95%, you're thinking of common statistical significance with that one.
Buy Floowandereeze

itsmetristan

Post #483 by itsmetristan » Thu Dec 30, 2021 1:25 am

I don't see any upside to continuing this thread. I highly suggest that all of us who have discussed this situation with sound4 simply stop responding so this doesn't get any more out of hand than it already has.

RC-2
PC-1

Senior Admin

greg503

Post #484 by greg503 » Thu Dec 30, 2021 2:53 am

I hope he at least takes away how to properly respond to multiple posts with the same thing so that he doesn't inflate the post number with repetition and "read my post"
Buy Floowandereeze

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #485 by Lil Oldman » Thu Dec 30, 2021 3:10 am

I hope that at least this ends up in a funny objection.lol thing
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."
Help I cannot remove this music from my head
https://youtu.be/ZuXI7qcNsHQ
Will try reviewing custom cards if they look interesting.

Jedx_EX
Mood:

Post #486 by Jedx_EX » Thu Dec 30, 2021 4:17 am

*squawk

Christen57

Post #487 by Christen57 » Thu Dec 30, 2021 3:26 pm

Sound4 wrote:
Christen57 wrote:
Sound4 wrote:Now you are lying at this point. Madrest never said "sometimes" he said "in most cases" which pretty much means at least 95% of the time silence is consent.

Most means at least 51%, not 95%, and again, how many seconds of silence do you consider consent?

You cut out the 2nd quote you quoted. How am I suppost to tell the judge I am finished thinking ever since the judge call was made when I don't even know what meant by me thinking fit 10 minutes? You cut out that part and that quote of yours was out of context.

Again I never knew what he meant by ne thinking for ten minutes. Just because you had 10 minutes to think does not mean you were thinking for 10 minutes.

The judge meant exactly that, that you were thinking for 10 minutes, at least that's what he was assuming, so if you knew you weren't thinking for that long, you should've spoke up about it and told them what you were doing that 10 minutes. The judge wasn't interested in how much time you had to think. They were interested in how long you were thinking, which you didn't tell them, which you should've.

I was clearly saying things in the chat trying to resolve the issue in the chat like "Maniez went offline" basically saying we would only be wasting both of our time waiting for a judge and simply continue accordingly. This is what I am saying you keep thinking that this never happened and I said nothing and waited ad was thinking for ten minutes.

Well why didn't you say so? Heck, why didn't you say all of that to your opponent? Instead of saying just "Maniez went offline" in the chat, you should've said "Maniez and all the other judges went offline so we'd be wasting our time waiting for a judge, so we should resolve this issue by you letting me finish my thinking so you can cancel the call" or something like that. You should've been more specific about that.

Genexwrecker wrote:Leave it alone

Leave what alone?

It is not 51% you have no proof of that at all.

That very definition you provided is the proof. If I have at least 51% of the apples, I have, by your definition, the most amount of the apples because the apples I have are the "greatest in amount" compared to everyone else, because no one else has as many apples as I do.

If you are no reading or thinking then 5 seconds should be more than enough time to respond.

In some games, yes, 5 seconds should be enough time to respond, especially nowadays when we have the new thinking button players can click on. In other games, however, it may still be ruled that 10 (or even 15) seconds later, a response should still be allowed, so you still shouldn't always assume that once the amount of time your opponent is silent exceeds 5 seconds they're giving consent. https://forum.duelingbook.com/viewtopic.php?p=72130#p72130

Plus, don't forget that lag spikes are still a thing on duelingbook. There have been multiple instances where I fully intended to respond within 5 seconds but lagged and ended up taking way more time than that to respond. In situations like these, it wouldn't be fair to deny someone's response since their response got delayed due to something they had no control over.

I was asking fir logs as I never understand what he meant multiple times by the way but Maniez kept refusing. When did Maniez ask "How were you thinking?" when? You say stuff and then don't consider it in your next responses. Plus you are not considering that I never knew what Maniez meant by me thinking for ten minutes. I asked logs multiple times to get a better understanding of what he meant.

When the judge said that you were thinking for 10 minutes, they meant exactly that — that they thought you were thinking for 10 minutes. You seem to think the term "thinking for 10 minutes" is code for something else. It's not. It wasn't. Stop clinging to this "I never knew what Maniez meant by me thinking for ten minutes" excuse. There was nothing else the judge meant by that. The judge was saying what they meant, and meaning what they said.

Basically that we would only be wasting both of our time. I told him they were no judges online.I was saying the current judge situation at the time that they were no judges online.

Keep in mind that the freeze wasn't specifically because the judge thought you were thinking for 10 minutes. It was because "You were not playing or properly communicating there without any good reason". https://www.duelingbook.com/log?id=815175-33324410

Also, you did claim a few times:

[31:09] "So he called a judge for AFK when I want still typing in the chat"
[40:33] "And I was clearly typing in chat"
[42:17] "I was clearly typing in chat when he said something"

However, logs don't show when someone "is typing". They only show when someone finishes typing something and hits Enter to send that message, so there was no point in you claiming you were "typing" there. Nobody can verify when you were and weren't typing until you actually chatted something.

Sound4

Post #488 by Sound4 » Thu Dec 30, 2021 7:03 pm

Christen57 wrote:
Sound4 wrote:
Christen57 wrote:
Most means at least 51%, not 95%, and again, how many seconds of silence do you consider consent?

The judge meant exactly that, that you were thinking for 10 minutes, at least that's what he was assuming, so if you knew you weren't thinking for that long, you should've spoke up about it and told them what you were doing that 10 minutes. The judge wasn't interested in how much time you had to think. They were interested in how long you were thinking, which you didn't tell them, which you should've.

Well why didn't you say so? Heck, why didn't you say all of that to your opponent? Instead of saying just "Maniez went offline" in the chat, you should've said "Maniez and all the other judges went offline so we'd be wasting our time waiting for a judge, so we should resolve this issue by you letting me finish my thinking so you can cancel the call" or something like that. You should've been more specific about that.

Leave what alone?

That very definition you provided is the proof. If I have at least 51% of the apples, I have, by your definition, the most amount of the apples because the apples I have are the "greatest in amount" compared to everyone else, because no one else has as many apples as I do.

If you are no reading or thinking then 5 seconds should be more than enough time to respond.

In some games, yes, 5 seconds should be enough time to respond, especially nowadays when we have the new thinking button players can click on. In other games, however, it may still be ruled that 10 (or even 15) seconds later, a response should still be allowed, so you still shouldn't always assume that once the amount of time your opponent is silent exceeds 5 seconds they're giving consent. https://forum.duelingbook.com/viewtopic.php?p=72130#p72130

Plus, don't forget that lag spikes are still a thing on duelingbook. There have been multiple instances where I fully intended to respond within 5 seconds but lagged and ended up taking way more time than that to respond. In situations like these, it wouldn't be fair to deny someone's response since their response got delayed due to something they had no control over.

I was asking fir logs as I never understand what he meant multiple times by the way but Maniez kept refusing. When did Maniez ask "How were you thinking?" when? You say stuff and then don't consider it in your next responses. Plus you are not considering that I never knew what Maniez meant by me thinking for ten minutes. I asked logs multiple times to get a better understanding of what he meant.

When the judge said that you were thinking for 10 minutes, they meant exactly that — that they thought you were thinking for 10 minutes. You seem to think the term "thinking for 10 minutes" is code for something else. It's not. It wasn't. Stop clinging to this "I never knew what Maniez meant by me thinking for ten minutes" excuse. There was nothing else the judge meant by that. The judge was saying what they meant, and meaning what they said.

Basically that we would only be wasting both of our time. I told him they were no judges online.I was saying the current judge situation at the time that they were no judges online.

Keep in mind that the freeze wasn't specifically because the judge thought you were thinking for 10 minutes. It was because "You were not playing or properly communicating there without any good reason". https://www.duelingbook.com/log?id=815175-33324410

However, logs don't show when someone "is typing". They only show when someone finishes typing something and hits Enter to send that message, so there was no point in you claiming you were "typing" there. Nobody can verify when you were and weren't typing until you actually chatted something.

I don't see many lag spikes happening and usually they are not very noticeable.

In this context "most," means a lot more than 51% as Madrest could have simply said "more than half" but instead he said "most".

I didn't know what Maniez meant by me thinking fir ten minutes as I didn't know where he was getting it from which us why I asked for logs. I did think it was some "code" I simply did not know where he is getting it from.

Maniez was saying that I wasn't playing or communicating at all which I found strange as I was saying things in chat confused by the judge call as there was no explanation given and whenever I replied back to Maniez he would just change the subject to a different thing like an appeal which annoyed as he wasn't answering the points I was giving which he wanted.
19:08] "You do know I am talking right?"
[19:18] "I said think"
[19:39] "Also Maniez went offline"
Plus Maniez can just look through the replay and see if I was in the process of typing.

Sound4

Post #489 by Sound4 » Thu Dec 30, 2021 7:04 pm

Renji Asuka wrote:
Sound4 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:
And once again, WHAT WERE YOU DOING FOR THOSE 10 FUCKING MINUTES. YOU DIDN'T BOTHER TELLING THE JUDGE, NOT ONCE DID YOU TRY AND TELL THE FUCKING JUDGE. YOU ALSO HAD NO RIGHT TO MAKE YOUR OPPONENT WAIT BECAUSE YOU WERE IN A LOSING POSITION. YOU HAD NO RESPONSE THERE WAS NO REASONABLE REASON YOU CAN ARGUE TO MAKE YOUR OPPONENT WAIT 10 MINUTES BECAUSE YOU WERE IN A LOSING POSITION AND YOU KNEW IT. INSTEAD YOU MALICIOUSLY STALLED THE GAME. YOU DIDN'T EVEN TRY TO RESOLVE BEFORE THE JUDGE GOT THERE. YOUR OPPONENT TOLD YOU WHY THEY WERE CALLING A JUDGE AND YOU JUST SAT THERE ACCEPTING IT ALL BECAUSE THEY SAID "get ignored". YOU DIDN'T MAKE THE RIGHT CALL, YOU SHOULD HAD COMMUNICATED THAT YOU WERE DONE WITH YOUR THINKING, BUT YOU DIDN'T. YOU HAD 10 FUCKING MINUTES, 0 FUCKING PLAYS. THERE IS NO FUCKING EXCUSE FOR YOUR SHITTY BEHAVIOR.

I don't why you are writing in caps. I never understood what he meant by me thinking for 10 minutes. When did he ever say "Sound4 what were you doing for those 10 minutes?"
Me trying to say that we would only be wasting both of our time waiting for a judge.

Because you're being fucking stupid. We've explained this shit to you MULTIPLE FUCKING TIMES. Just take the fucking L, shut the fuck up and move on.

Writing in caps doesn't really help your points.

Renji Asuka

Post #490 by Renji Asuka » Thu Dec 30, 2021 7:44 pm

Sound4 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:
Sound4 wrote:I don't why you are writing in caps. I never understood what he meant by me thinking for 10 minutes. When did he ever say "Sound4 what were you doing for those 10 minutes?"

Or maybe caps got your attention because you're too stupid to realize what the points are so I made them bigger for you.

Then again, you had no points past your first post. And yet here you are still being a fucking moron.

Christen57

Post #491 by Christen57 » Thu Dec 30, 2021 7:52 pm

Sound4 wrote:
Christen57 wrote:
Sound4 wrote:Most definition-greatest in amount, quantity, or degree.

In this context "most," means a lot more than 51% as Madrest could have simply said "more than half" but instead he said "most".

You may not see many lag spikes, but they do happen, and when they do and end up delaying your opponent's responses, you should allow those responses.

Most is still a shorter way of saying more than half.

Maniez was saying that I wasn't playing or communicating at all which I found strange as I was saying things in chat confused by the judge call as there was no explanation given

Alright, look. Could that judge have done a better job communicating to you? Maybe. Either way, the main issue is what was going on before they arrived. The fact remains that had you stopped to explicitly ask your opponent to clarify why they made that judge call to begin with, you could've understood what was going on and used that information to resolve the issue before they arrived so the opponent could cancel the call and continue their play.
Forget about what the judge meant by you "thinking for 10 minutes" for now, and look what they meant by you "not playing or properly communicating there without any good reason," since that's what the freeze was for. https://www.duelingbook.com/log?id=815175-33324410

[17:05] Sent "Edge Imp Chain" from hand (1/6) to GY
[17:08] "edge imp effect"
[17:11] "Think"

Here, you properly communicated to the opponent that you're thinking, which is good, but then:

[17:11] Viewed deck
[17:13] Stopped viewing Deck
[17:13] Shuffled deck
[17:39] "so?edge imp ok?"
[17:42] Pointed at "Frightfur Cruel Whale" in M-1

You start pointing at cards, which tells your opponent nothing. If you were taking extra time reading these cards, you should've explicitly told your opponent that. You didn't.

[17:48] Viewed Opponent's Graveyard
[17:51] Viewed deck
[17:56] Added "Frightfur Patchwork" from Deck to hand
[17:58] Stopped viewing Deck
[17:58] Shuffled deck
[18:01] Stopped viewing Opponent's Graveyard
[18:05] "play"
[18:05] Pointed at "Frightfur Cruel Whale" in M-1
[18:27] "You actually don't continue when I say think"

Yes, you are correct here when you say that opponent's shouldn't continue if you say you're thinking, but you weren't thinking anymore, you were reading their cards, so you should've kept your opponent updated as to what you were doing next. If you were thinking at first, then stopped thinking to then read the opponent's cards, you should've explicitly said "reading the other cards" or something in order to communicate to your opponent that you were now reading those other cards.

[18:37] "Keep that in mind"
[18:40] Called a judge for AFK
[18:45] Pointed at "Frightfur Cruel Whale" in M-1
[19:08] "You do know I am talking right?"
[19:48] "im asking 1 card"
[19:48] "in gy"
[19:51] "for more than 40 seconds"
[19:54] "if you need more than 40 seconds"
[19:58] "to read and think"
[20:01] "about 1 effect in gy"
[20:03] "you are slowplaying"
[20:03] "And usually when his is not on no judges come obline"
[20:10] "now,just get ignored"
[20:14] "until another judge come in the room"
[20:20] "to do something about your slowplaying"
[20:48] "So I'm not allowed to think? Is this a joke"

No, the opponent wasn't saying you weren't allowed to think. The opponent was getting frustrated waiting on you since they were still under the assumption that you were still thinking about, and reading, specifically Edge Imp Chain's effect, not knowing that you were no longer thinking about and reading that card but rather other cards, which they would've known had you explicitly communicated this to them, which you didn't.

[21:26] "Well let's wait for 40 minutes"

Again, you absolutely should not have agreed to wait for the judge here just yet. Remember, you still weren't sure exactly why the judge was called, so you should've instead said here, "Well, why are you calling a judge anyway? Do we absolutely need to get a judge involved? If not, cancel the call so I can finish my thinking/reading so you can continue your play".

Agreeing to wait for a judge whose call you don't know the reason of since you never bothered to ask, just clicking on cards when you're not actually targeting/choosing them for an attack/effect, and failing to communicate that you were reading and no longer thinking, were all instances of improper communication on your part.

and whenever I replied back to Maniez he would just change the subject to a different thing like an appeal which annoyed as he wasn't answering the points I was giving which he wanted.

You're the one who brought up the appealing subject, not that judge. They simply pointed out that they didn't yet reach a decision, and also that you can't appeal a senior/head judge. https://yugipedia.com/wiki/Head_Judge

Plus Maniez can just look through the replay and see if I was in the process of typing.

Replays can only be looked at after the duel in question is over. They can't be viewed while the duel in question is still going on. Only after a duel was won by someone, or cancelled, can it's replay be viewed.

greg503

Post #492 by greg503 » Thu Dec 30, 2021 8:36 pm

We're too deep in for this to stop without admin intervention
Buy Floowandereeze

Sound4

Post #493 by Sound4 » Sat Jan 01, 2022 5:14 pm

Christen57 wrote:
Sound4 wrote:
Christen57 wrote:

You may not see many lag spikes, but they do happen, and when they do and end up delaying your opponent's responses, you should allow those responses.

Maniez was saying that I wasn't playing or communicating at all which I found strange as I was saying things in chat confused by the judge call as there was no explanation given

Alright, look. Could that judge have done a better job communicating to you? Maybe. Either way, the main issue is what was going on before they arrived. The fact remains that had you stopped to explicitly ask your opponent to clarify why they made that judge call to begin with, you could've understood what was going on and used that information to resolve the issue before they arrived so the opponent could cancel the call and continue their play.
Forget about what the judge meant by you "thinking for 10 minutes" for now, and look what they meant by you "not playing or properly communicating there without any good reason," since that's what the freeze was for. https://www.duelingbook.com/log?id=815175-33324410

Here, you properly communicated to the opponent that you're thinking, which is good, but then:

You start pointing at cards, which tells your opponent nothing. If you were taking extra time reading these cards, you should've explicitly told your opponent that. You didn't.

Yes, you are correct here when you say that opponent's shouldn't continue if you say you're thinking, but you weren't thinking anymore, you were reading their cards, so you should've kept your opponent updated as to what you were doing next. If you were thinking at first, then stopped thinking to then read the opponent's cards, you should've explicitly said "reading the other cards" or something in order to communicate to your opponent that you were now reading those other cards.

No, the opponent wasn't saying you weren't allowed to think. The opponent was getting frustrated waiting on you since they were still under the assumption that you were still thinking about, and reading, specifically Edge Imp Chain's effect, not knowing that you were no longer thinking about and reading that card but rather other cards, which they would've known had you explicitly communicated this to them, which you didn't.

Again, you absolutely should not have agreed to wait for the judge here just yet. Remember, you still weren't sure exactly why the judge was called, so you should've instead said here, "Well, why are you calling a judge anyway? Do we absolutely need to get a judge involved? If not, cancel the call so I can finish my thinking/reading so you can continue your play".

Agreeing to wait for a judge whose call you don't know the reason of since you never bothered to ask, just clicking on cards when you're not actually targeting/choosing them for an attack/effect, and failing to communicate that you were reading and no longer thinking, were all instances of improper communication on your part.

and whenever I replied back to Maniez he would just change the subject to a different thing like an appeal which annoyed as he wasn't answering the points I was giving which he wanted.

You're the one who brought up the appealing subject, not that judge. They simply pointed out that they didn't yet reach a decision, and also that you can't appeal a senior/head judge. https://yugipedia.com/wiki/Head_Judge

Replays can only be looked at after the duel in question is over. They can't be viewed while the duel in question is still going on. Only after a duel was won by someone, or cancelled, can it's replay be viewed.

You are acting like resolving a difficult issue which is not very clear in the first place is easy.

When I said along the lines of "When Maniez goes offline no other judges come in" after that he said "get ignored"
There was a gap of at least 40 seconds that is why I knew he was just going to ignore me that is why I said "well let's wait 40 minutes" as he had plenty time to respond before that. If he wants to ignore me I don't see how that is my fault.

When I was pointing at whale he wasn't complaining about that that so I thought he was OK with me reading whale as he didn't activate that long ago.

I brought the appeal yes but whenever he said a comment about the appeal he would not answer the stuff I said before that which was annoying as ai don't think he was taking into consideration.

I am pretty I have seen a judge say that they can look back through a replay even if the duel is still in progress.

Sound4

Post #494 by Sound4 » Sat Jan 01, 2022 5:15 pm

Renji Asuka wrote:
Sound4 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:Because you're being fucking stupid. We've explained this shit to you MULTIPLE FUCKING TIMES. Just take the fucking L, shut the fuck up and move on.

Or maybe caps got your attention because you're too stupid to realize what the points are so I made them bigger for you.

Then again, you had no points past your first post. And yet here you are still being a fucking moron.

Tell me what points I have missed? I have replied to everything you have said

Renji Asuka

Post #495 by Renji Asuka » Sat Jan 01, 2022 6:31 pm

Sound4 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:
Sound4 wrote:Writing in caps doesn't really help your points.

Tell me what points I have missed? I have replied to everything you have said

All you done was reply, that's it, you didn't read anything that is being told to you. You missed every point that was told to you. You been told multiple times how you're wrong, you've done nothing and I mean NOTHING to prove otherwise and yet here you are still arguing. I seen a lot of stupid people, and you are so far the most idiotic person that is on the internet.

So here is what I recommend, go through this entire thread. Read what is being told to you. Look at everything from a 3rd person perspective. Maybe then you'd gain some sort of insight on how stupid you really are.

Christen57

Post #496 by Christen57 » Sat Jan 01, 2022 6:50 pm

Sound4 wrote:
Christen57 wrote:
Sound4 wrote:I don't see many lag spikes happening and usually they are not very noticeable.

You are acting like resolving a difficult issue which is not very clear in the first place is easy.

It wouldn't have gotten so difficult to begin with had you communicated better.

When I said along the lines of "When Maniez goes offline no other judges come in" after that he said "get ignored"
There was a gap of at least 40 seconds that is why I knew he was just going to ignore me that is why I said "well let's wait 40 minutes" as he had plenty time to respond before that.

Remember that that 40 seconds from [17:11] to [17:51] was you not being done with your thinking or whatever it was you were doing, so the opponent was running out of patience.

If he wants to ignore me I don't see how that is my fault.

If you had still finished your thinking and reading and told him, there's a chance he would've changed his mind about ignoring you, cancelled the call, and continued his play, so you should've taken that chance.

When I was pointing at whale he wasn't complaining about that that so I thought he was OK with me reading whale as he didn't activate that long ago.

He didn't know you were at that point reading Cruel Whale. He was still under the impression you were still reading Edge Imp Chain. Look back at where he said:

He specifically referred to the Edge Imp Chain in the graveyard, continued referring specifically to that card, and didn't at any point mention the Cruel Whale on the field, because he was still thinking that you were still looking at Edge Imp Chain. All he chatted indicated this, and nothing he chatted indicated that he was up to date about the other card on the field you were reading. Notice how he said "if you need more than 40 seconds to read and think about 1 effect in gy" and not "if you need more than 40 seconds to read and think about 1 effect in the gy and a card on the field". This shows that he still wasn't aware you were now reading Cruel Whale instead of Edge Imp Chain. If he realized you were then reading the other card, he would've said "to read and think about 2 effects" or something like that, instead of "to read and think about 1 effect".

Also, you don't need to click on cards when reading them. Just hovering your cursor over them is enough. In fact, I would argue that clicking on cards just to read them creates more confusion than simply hovering your cursor over them, as clicking on them for that purpose could make the opponent think you're activating a hand trap, like Effect Veiler or something, targeting that card, when you aren't.

I brought the appeal yes but whenever he said a comment about the appeal he would not answer the stuff I said before that which was annoying as ai don't think he was taking into consideration.

It wasn't the judge's responsibility to answer what you were asking. It was your responsibility to explain what you were doing for so long between the moment you started thinking at [17:11] and 10 minutes later after that.

I am pretty I have seen a judge say that they can look back through a replay even if the duel is still in progress.

Either way, I looked back at the replay myself just to be sure, and no, you still can't see in the replay the 3 grey dots that appear when someone starts typing, only what they actually chat.

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #497 by Lil Oldman » Sat Jan 01, 2022 9:11 pm

Almost 500 posts and we still arguing? Like, how many posts are going to see?
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."
Help I cannot remove this music from my head
https://youtu.be/ZuXI7qcNsHQ
Will try reviewing custom cards if they look interesting.

greg503

Post #498 by greg503 » Sun Jan 02, 2022 12:33 am

Lil Oldman wrote:Almost 500 posts and we still arguing? Like, how many posts are going to see?

As many as it takes for this thread to be locked, we've entered full circlejerk mode
Buy Floowandereeze

itsmetristan

Post #499 by itsmetristan » Sun Jan 02, 2022 7:22 am

This thread is in spam paradise. There's no reason for it to be locked.

RC-2
PC-1

Senior Admin

Sound4

Post #500 by Sound4 » Mon Jan 03, 2022 4:15 pm

Christen57 wrote:
Sound4 wrote:
Christen57 wrote:

It wouldn't have gotten so difficult to begin with had you communicated better.

There was a gap of at least 40 seconds that is why I knew he was just going to ignore me that is why I said "well let's wait 40 minutes" as he had plenty time to respond before that.

Remember that that 40 seconds from [17:11] to [17:51] was you not being done with your thinking or whatever it was you were doing, so the opponent was running out of patience.

If he wants to ignore me I don't see how that is my fault.

If you had still finished your thinking and reading and told him, there's a chance he would've changed his mind about ignoring you, cancelled the call, and continued his play, so you should've taken that chance.

He didn't know you were at that point reading Cruel Whale. He was still under the impression you were still reading Edge Imp Chain. Look back at where he said:

He specifically referred to the Edge Imp Chain in the graveyard, continued referring specifically to that card, and didn't at any point mention the Cruel Whale on the field, because he was still thinking that you were still looking at Edge Imp Chain. All he chatted indicated this, and nothing he chatted indicated that he was up to date about the other card on the field you were reading. Notice how he said "if you need more than 40 seconds to read and think about 1 effect in gy" and not "if you need more than 40 seconds to read and think about 1 effect in the gy and a card on the field". This shows that he still wasn't aware you were now reading Cruel Whale instead of Edge Imp Chain. If he realized you were then reading the other card, he would've said "to read and think about 2 effects" or something like that, instead of "to read and think about 1 effect".

Also, you don't need to click on cards when reading them. Just hovering your cursor over them is enough. In fact, I would argue that clicking on cards just to read them creates more confusion than simply hovering your cursor over them, as clicking on them for that purpose could make the opponent think you're activating a hand trap, like Effect Veiler or something, targeting that card, when you aren't.

It wasn't the judge's responsibility to answer what you were asking. It was your responsibility to explain what you were doing for so long between the moment you started thinking at [17:11] and 10 minutes later after that.

Either way, I looked back at the replay myself just to be sure, and no, you still can't see in the replay the 3 grey dots that appear when someone starts typing, only what they actually chat.

I was clearly communicating and being reasonable. I don't know why you are changing the subject to the gap of at least being 40 seconds which is why I said "well let's wait 40 minutes".

I was pointing at the opponents card to signal that I was reading that card and Maniez said nothing on that.
I am pretty sure I have seen a judge saying they can looks back through a replay even though it is still in progress.

I explained to Maniez as I ready showed the logs for that.

Return to “Spam Paradise”