Silence is Consent in Yugioh Just had Confirmation

Here you can discuss just about whatever you want
Renji Asuka

Re: Silence is Consent in Yugioh Just had Confirmation

Post #181 by Renji Asuka » Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:19 am

Sound4 wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:So you know the gamestate had not advanced but you refused to let them respond to make a point. I apologize for my earlier declaration of how i would have ruled that call. I would have frozen you for stalling instead. You caused a problem where none existed just to try and act superior to your opponent.

Interesting but completely false let me explain. If you are talking about the N3sh replay then this makes it simple. Whay do you mean I refused to let them respond to make a point? If you read my reply to Christen57 then you would have saw that I would have allowed the response if he responded quicker. I saw flaws in what N3sh was saying and I was questioning them. My opponent caused the problem as he didn't respond quicker also please show the show where I acted "Superior". There is nothing in this duel that would have warranted what you are saying.

Sorry, your opponent has the right to respond. End of story. Any explanation by you is irrelevant. You have no point, you haven't had a point, you just keep going on and on. Take the fucking L.
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

greg503

Post #182 by greg503 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:22 pm

Sound4 wrote:
Genexwrecker wrote:So you know the gamestate had not advanced but you refused to let them respond to make a point. I apologize for my earlier declaration of how i would have ruled that call. I would have frozen you for stalling instead. You caused a problem where none existed just to try and act superior to your opponent.

Interesting but completely false let me explain. If you are talking about the N3sh replay then this makes it simple. Whay do you mean I refused to let them respond to make a point? If you read my reply to Christen57 then you would have saw that I would have allowed the response if he responded quicker. I saw flaws in what N3sh was saying and I was questioning them. My opponent caused the problem as he didn't respond quicker also please show the show where I acted "Superior". There is nothing in this duel that would have warranted what you are saying.

No I think they were referring to the madrest replay. Which, as we know, was about someone trying to respond after a mere 9 seconds. Strike 3, stop trying to ignore context and build favorable interpretations.
Buy Floowandereeze

Sound4

Post #183 by Sound4 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 6:16 pm

Renji Asuka wrote:
Sound4 wrote:

Sorry, your opponent has the right to respond. End of story. Any explanation by you is irrelevant. You have no point, you haven't had a point, you just keep going on and on. Take the fucking L.

I have provided links to support my claims you have not and couldn't. Can you explain why you have not shown any replays or links to support your claims?

Sound4

Post #184 by Sound4 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 6:18 pm

greg503 wrote:
Sound4 wrote:

No I think they were referring to the madrest replay. Which, as we know, was about someone trying to respond after a mere 9 seconds. Strike 3, stop trying to ignore context and build favorable interpretations.

We don't know that for sure yet.

Sound4

Post #185 by Sound4 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 6:21 pm

troglyte wrote:
Sound4 wrote:
troglyte wrote:
“These aren't logical it is most likely that Boomer duels has already made his point since his last post. None of this is logical.” - Sound4

It’s your word against yours. You've already admitted this type of reasoning isn't logical.

Nice out of context quote I was saying what you were saying was logical about Boomer duels.

The context is there, I even provided links and direct quotes.

The irony is rich, considering this thread's main argument is you taking a judge completely out of context. You couldn't even be bothered to add the context yourself, GENEX HAD TO ADD THE CONTEXT FOR YOU.

You literally used an out of context quote to attempt to make me look bad. Simple as that. You have already embarrassed in that N3sh thread but now this is even worse.

Renji Asuka

Post #186 by Renji Asuka » Wed Nov 17, 2021 7:29 pm

Sound4 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:
Sound4 wrote:Interesting but completely false let me explain. If you are talking about the N3sh replay then this makes it simple. Whay do you mean I refused to let them respond to make a point? If you read my reply to Christen57 then you would have saw that I would have allowed the response if he responded quicker. I saw flaws in what N3sh was saying and I was questioning them. My opponent caused the problem as he didn't respond quicker also please show the show where I acted "Superior". There is nothing in this duel that would have warranted what you are saying.

I have provided links to support my claims you have not and couldn't. Can you explain why you have not shown any replays or links to support your claims?

Your links do not support your claims. End of story. Everything was already debunked on Day 1. Take the L.

troglyte
Mood:

Post #187 by troglyte » Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:34 pm

Sound4 wrote:
troglyte wrote:
Sound4 wrote:Nice out of context quote I was saying what you were saying was logical about Boomer duels.

The context is there, I even provided links and direct quotes.

The irony is rich, considering this thread's main argument is you taking a judge completely out of context. You couldn't even be bothered to add the context yourself, GENEX HAD TO ADD THE CONTEXT FOR YOU.

You literally used an out of context quote to attempt to make me look bad. Simple as that. You have already embarrassed in that N3sh thread but now this is even worse.

I provided context. You didn't. Simple as that.

You've admitted that your own reasoning isn't logical.
Crab Turtle respects your pronouns.
he/him
Sign the Crab Turtle petition here! http://chng.it/J4rvHFFfZG

greg503

Post #188 by greg503 » Thu Nov 18, 2021 12:26 am

Sound4 wrote:
greg503 wrote:
Sound4 wrote:Interesting but completely false let me explain. If you are talking about the N3sh replay then this makes it simple. Whay do you mean I refused to let them respond to make a point? If you read my reply to Christen57 then you would have saw that I would have allowed the response if he responded quicker. I saw flaws in what N3sh was saying and I was questioning them. My opponent caused the problem as he didn't respond quicker also please show the show where I acted "Superior". There is nothing in this duel that would have warranted what you are saying.

Then you don't understand context and inferences. I think you need to brush up on formal arguments 101 before coming back
Buy Floowandereeze

Sound4

Post #189 by Sound4 » Thu Nov 18, 2021 8:14 pm

greg503 wrote:
Sound4 wrote:
greg503 wrote:No I think they were referring to the madrest replay. Which, as we know, was about someone trying to respond after a mere 9 seconds. Strike 3, stop trying to ignore context and build favorable interpretations.

Then you don't understand context and inferences. I think you need to brush up on formal arguments 101 before coming back

Genexwrecker's posts was highly suggesting the N3sh duel. As with the madrest duel no one accused me of stalling but Genexwrecker mentinioned in the post. So it was most likely the N3sh duel.

Sound4

Post #190 by Sound4 » Thu Nov 18, 2021 8:14 pm

Renji Asuka wrote:
Sound4 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:Sorry, your opponent has the right to respond. End of story. Any explanation by you is irrelevant. You have no point, you haven't had a point, you just keep going on and on. Take the fucking L.

Your links do not support your claims. End of story. Everything was already debunked on Day 1. Take the L.

Explain

Renji Asuka

Post #191 by Renji Asuka » Thu Nov 18, 2021 8:51 pm

Sound4 wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:
Sound4 wrote:I have provided links to support my claims you have not and couldn't. Can you explain why you have not shown any replays or links to support your claims?

Explain

Read my post.

greg503

Post #192 by greg503 » Thu Nov 18, 2021 11:13 pm

Sound4 wrote:
greg503 wrote:
Sound4 wrote:We don't know that for sure yet.

Genexwrecker's posts was highly suggesting the N3sh duel. As with the madrest duel no one accused me of stalling but Genexwrecker mentinioned in the post. So it was most likely the N3sh duel.

OK, I flubbed, however that situation was about a time period of what, 9 seconds? AND the gamestate hadn't even been advanced? Come off it
Buy Floowandereeze

Christen57

Post #193 by Christen57 » Thu Nov 18, 2021 11:50 pm

Sound4 wrote:
Christen57 wrote:
Sound4 wrote:What I mean by "good chance" is that there is a high percentage that my opponent already knew about te nachsters 2nd effect. This is supported even further as he didn't say anything not knowing my card or was reading but for some reason which he didn't provide didn't respond. You did not get the main reason from my post.

I meant he said "hold on" which at was 4:24 when I had already activated my nachster 2nd eff explaining it to him which you didn't say anything on. I was clear as possible on my communication. I can not be held responsible for other people not responding.

Your opponent was responding though. [4:17] "on eff" was the response.

I think the problem here is that you, at some point, thought Cyber Dragon Nachster's "You can discard 1 other monster; Special Summon this card from your hand" effect, and it's "If this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can target 1 Machine monster with 2100 ATK or DEF in your GY; Special Summon it" effect, were all one single effect, as if you were resolving something like Conquistador of the Golden Land, and you thought that since your opponent was okay with Nachster's first effect, that means they would also be okay with it's second separate effect. Turns out they weren't in this case.

The reason I think you thought this, is because of what was said here:

[3:27] "Nachster eff"
[3:32] "ok"
[3:34] Sent "Cyber Dragon Core" from hand (1/3) to GY
[3:39] Special Summoned "Cyber Dragon Nachster" from hand (2/2) to M-3 (DEF)
[4:07] "I also get to summon 2100 machine monster from gy"

You saying "I also get to summon 2100 machine monster" suggests to me that you thought those 2 effects of Cyber Dragon Nachster were all one single effect, since players don't normally say "I also get to do X thing" when activating 2 separate effects. Players usually say "I also get to do X thing" when performing multiple different actions to resolve 1 single effect, like with conquistador. In the case of conquistador, players would, for example, activate it, special summon it as a monster, then say "I also get to destroy X card since I control Eldlich the Golden Lord" to indicate that they were also choosing to apply the second portion of conquistador's effect to destroy a face-up card.

These things were also said:

[6:49] "on eff of summon means i have a respond"
[7:03] "thats how it usually works. "

[7:08] "What do you mean you said "OK" on nachster eff"
[7:22] "that was the discard ss "
[7:26] "not the on summon eff"
[7:33] "they are both different"

[8:27] "Nachster eff" [3:32] "ok" [3:34] Sent "Cyber Dragon"

Which further suggests that you thought that the opponent being "ok" with the first Nachster effect meant that they were also "ok" with the second effect, and again, it turned out they weren't, and the fact that you proceeded to resolve the second effect of Nachster, without making sure the opponent was also "ok" with that as well, further shows that you must have thought those 2 effects of Nachster were all one single effect as if you were resolving a Conquistador of the Golden Land.

If he responded quicker I would have allowed the response.

The total time it took for the response was 10 seconds, from [4:07] where you said "I also get to summon 2100 machine monster from gy" to [4:17] when the opponent said "on eff".

However, I think the real other problem here is that you thought that since the opponent didn't specifically chat the word "response," then they have no response and you can keep playing, even if they say other things that would indicate that they have a response, such as "on eff of summon," which they did say.

Look at what was said after you proceeded to resolve both effects of Nachster:

[5:42] "i said on eff of summon"
[5:46] "when you summoned it"
[5:52] "i even said hold on"

[6:36] "That does not mean anything if you have a response you say "response" I saw nothing in chat so I thought I was allowed to continue to play"

This tells me that you don't consider "on eff" or "hold on" to be an indicator that the opponent wishes to respond — only the specific word, "response". This is also wrong. "On eff" was a shorter way of saying "on effect" as in, in this case at least, "on the effect of Cyber Dragon Nachster". Then your opponent would play the card/effect they wished to respond with. Refusing to allow the opponent to respond, because they used "hold on" and "on eff" instead of the specific magic word or whatever, is rule sharking.

Taking all of this into consideration, I doubt you really would "have allowed the response" even if the opponent did respond "quicker".

Lastly, even if your opponent truly did have no quick effects, traps, hand traps, quick-play spells, or trigger effects they could've respond with at that time, guess what? They're still allowed to request that you slow down and "hold on" so they can at least go over the cards you played so far, the cards you're playing currently, and the combos you're doing, just to make sure you're doing them properly, and not (either intentionally or unintentionally) cheating, such as, for example, activating a hard once per turn effect more than once in a single turn (something I actually did catch players, and got caught by players, attempting to do in the past).

The reason why "on eff" is a terrible way of responding is because you are not clear. Furthermore, my opponent did not say anything on them having a response until after a while and didn't say anything on why he took so long. As I said in another post there is a good chance he already knew the nachster 2nd effect as he never said he was reading my card or nothing. If am not mistaken he said wanted to way until the cyber dragon was summoned then activate his effect but at that point the effect was already fully resolved.
For some more evidence to support my claims this is from an official tournament website.
"Though an average of 3 minutes may be spent on each turn, excessive time should not be spent to allow the tournament to proceed properly. Any duelists caught taking too long (or intentionally stalling for time) may be penalised".

If "on eff" wasn't clear enough for you then you could have stopped and ask them to clarify what they meant — "What do you mean by 'on eff'? Are you saying you wish to respond?" You didn't have to ignore them and keep on playing.

I also don't think 10 seconds in this situation was "excessive time" or the opponent "taking too long" and the judges didn't think so either.

Jedx_EX
Mood:

Post #194 by Jedx_EX » Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:15 am

troglyte wrote:Seeing as it's VERY relevant to this conversation, I find it necessary to re-post this from the following thread:

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=17571&start=100

troglyte wrote:
troglyte wrote:
If you read my posts, you would have noticed that I used the exact. SAME. LOGIC. that you're using. I waited an entire day for your reply, so it's a logical conclusion that you have no argument in response, so if you say anything now, the only logical conclusion is that you're lying, there's no other possible explanation. This is the exact same reasoning you're using to justify you're argument, and you said it was illogical. You're a hypocrite, you're not willing to apply your own "logic" against yourself because it doesn't benefit you. Read your own posts, Ingeniero, you played yourself.

Sound4 wrote:So you refuse to show the posts where I admitted to? You come off as you are lying.
Have a nice day

This is what Ingeniero does. He ignores posts that he can't argue against. And this is the same person who wants us to "read his posts."

To everyone reading this thread, Sound4 is a liar, hypocrite, rule-shark, and troll. Please do not take anything this troll says seriously.

I tried applying "by your logic" a long while ago before, and you took it the wrong way.
Now you know how I feel.

Jedx_EX
Mood:

Post #195 by Jedx_EX » Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:19 am

Also, I still wonder what it takes for a thread to be locked.

greg503

Post #196 by greg503 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:07 pm

Jedx_EX wrote:Also, I still wonder what it takes for a thread to be locked.

One of the admin coming on the forum for a bit...
Buy Floowandereeze

Sound4

Post #197 by Sound4 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:15 pm

Jedx_EX wrote:
troglyte wrote:Seeing as it's VERY relevant to this conversation, I find it necessary to re-post this from the following thread:

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=17571&start=100

troglyte wrote:

This is what Ingeniero does. He ignores posts that he can't argue against. And this is the same person who wants us to "read his posts."

To everyone reading this thread, Sound4 is a liar, hypocrite, rule-shark, and troll. Please do not take anything this troll says seriously.

I tried applying "by your logic" a long while ago before, and you took it the wrong way.
Now you know how I feel.

Explain

Sound4

Post #198 by Sound4 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:24 pm

Christen57 wrote:
Sound4 wrote:
Christen57 wrote:
Your opponent was responding though. [4:17] "on eff" was the response.

I think the problem here is that you, at some point, thought Cyber Dragon Nachster's "You can discard 1 other monster; Special Summon this card from your hand" effect, and it's "If this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can target 1 Machine monster with 2100 ATK or DEF in your GY; Special Summon it" effect, were all one single effect, as if you were resolving something like Conquistador of the Golden Land, and you thought that since your opponent was okay with Nachster's first effect, that means they would also be okay with it's second separate effect. Turns out they weren't in this case.

The reason I think you thought this, is because of what was said here:

[3:27] "Nachster eff"
[3:32] "ok"
[3:34] Sent "Cyber Dragon Core" from hand (1/3) to GY
[3:39] Special Summoned "Cyber Dragon Nachster" from hand (2/2) to M-3 (DEF)
[4:07] "I also get to summon 2100 machine monster from gy"

You saying "I also get to summon 2100 machine monster" suggests to me that you thought those 2 effects of Cyber Dragon Nachster were all one single effect, since players don't normally say "I also get to do X thing" when activating 2 separate effects. Players usually say "I also get to do X thing" when performing multiple different actions to resolve 1 single effect, like with conquistador. In the case of conquistador, players would, for example, activate it, special summon it as a monster, then say "I also get to destroy X card since I control Eldlich the Golden Lord" to indicate that they were also choosing to apply the second portion of conquistador's effect to destroy a face-up card.

These things were also said:

[6:49] "on eff of summon means i have a respond"
[7:03] "thats how it usually works. "

[7:08] "What do you mean you said "OK" on nachster eff"
[7:22] "that was the discard ss "
[7:26] "not the on summon eff"
[7:33] "they are both different"

[8:27] "Nachster eff" [3:32] "ok" [3:34] Sent "Cyber Dragon"

Which further suggests that you thought that the opponent being "ok" with the first Nachster effect meant that they were also "ok" with the second effect, and again, it turned out they weren't, and the fact that you proceeded to resolve the second effect of Nachster, without making sure the opponent was also "ok" with that as well, further shows that you must have thought those 2 effects of Nachster were all one single effect as if you were resolving a Conquistador of the Golden Land.

The total time it took for the response was 10 seconds, from [4:07] where you said "I also get to summon 2100 machine monster from gy" to [4:17] when the opponent said "on eff".

However, I think the real other problem here is that you thought that since the opponent didn't specifically chat the word "response," then they have no response and you can keep playing, even if they say other things that would indicate that they have a response, such as "on eff of summon," which they did say.

Look at what was said after you proceeded to resolve both effects of Nachster:

[5:42] "i said on eff of summon"
[5:46] "when you summoned it"
[5:52] "i even said hold on"

[6:36] "That does not mean anything if you have a response you say "response" I saw nothing in chat so I thought I was allowed to continue to play"

This tells me that you don't consider "on eff" or "hold on" to be an indicator that the opponent wishes to respond — only the specific word, "response". This is also wrong. "On eff" was a shorter way of saying "on effect" as in, in this case at least, "on the effect of Cyber Dragon Nachster". Then your opponent would play the card/effect they wished to respond with. Refusing to allow the opponent to respond, because they used "hold on" and "on eff" instead of the specific magic word or whatever, is rule sharking.

Taking all of this into consideration, I doubt you really would "have allowed the response" even if the opponent did respond "quicker".

Lastly, even if your opponent truly did have no quick effects, traps, hand traps, quick-play spells, or trigger effects they could've respond with at that time, guess what? They're still allowed to request that you slow down and "hold on" so they can at least go over the cards you played so far, the cards you're playing currently, and the combos you're doing, just to make sure you're doing them properly, and not (either intentionally or unintentionally) cheating, such as, for example, activating a hard once per turn effect more than once in a single turn (something I actually did catch players, and got caught by players, attempting to do in the past).

The reason why "on eff" is a terrible way of responding is because you are not clear. Furthermore, my opponent did not say anything on them having a response until after a while and didn't say anything on why he took so long. As I said in another post there is a good chance he already knew the nachster 2nd effect as he never said he was reading my card or nothing. If am not mistaken he said wanted to way until the cyber dragon was summoned then activate his effect but at that point the effect was already fully resolved.
For some more evidence to support my claims this is from an official tournament website.
"Though an average of 3 minutes may be spent on each turn, excessive time should not be spent to allow the tournament to proceed properly. Any duelists caught taking too long (or intentionally stalling for time) may be penalised".

If "on eff" wasn't clear enough for you then you could have stopped and ask them to clarify what they meant — "What do you mean by 'on eff'? Are you saying you wish to respond?" You didn't have to ignore them and keep on playing.

I also don't think 10 seconds in this situation was "excessive time" or the opponent "taking too long" and the judges didn't think so either.

Communicating clearly in DB is key as if you are not it causes issues like this. 10seconds after an effect is a lot if you think about it. There is a good chance he already knew the nachster 2nd effect. What reason would he have to take so long? Which the judge or tge player could not answer.

greg503

Post #199 by greg503 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:36 pm

Sound4 wrote:
Christen57 wrote:
Sound4 wrote:The reason why "on eff" is a terrible way of responding is because you are not clear. Furthermore, my opponent did not say anything on them having a response until after a while and didn't say anything on why he took so long. As I said in another post there is a good chance he already knew the nachster 2nd effect as he never said he was reading my card or nothing. If am not mistaken he said wanted to way until the cyber dragon was summoned then activate his effect but at that point the effect was already fully resolved.

Communicating clearly in DB is key as if you are not it causes issues like this. 10seconds after an effect is a lot if you think about it. There is a good chance he already knew the nachster 2nd effect. What reason would he have to take so long? Which the judge or tge player could not answer.

Imagine assuming your opponent knows what your cards do better than you do :lol: :lol:
Buy Floowandereeze

Renji Asuka

Post #200 by Renji Asuka » Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:36 pm

Sound4 wrote:
Christen57 wrote:
Sound4 wrote:The reason why "on eff" is a terrible way of responding is because you are not clear. Furthermore, my opponent did not say anything on them having a response until after a while and didn't say anything on why he took so long. As I said in another post there is a good chance he already knew the nachster 2nd effect as he never said he was reading my card or nothing. If am not mistaken he said wanted to way until the cyber dragon was summoned then activate his effect but at that point the effect was already fully resolved.

Doesn't matter, you tried to get a free win and you tried to deny him a response in the N3sh duel.

Considering that is relevant, the only reason you're arguing that "Silence is consent" is literally YOU wanting to deny the window for your opponent to respond so you can play freely.

Man, to think you wouldn't get shittier.

Return to “Spam Paradise”