Mechanics I Want/Don't Want to See in Rush Duels

Here you can discuss just about whatever you want
troglyte
Mood:

Mechanics I Want/Don't Want to See in Rush Duels

Post #1 by troglyte » Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:49 pm

With the Fusion Era just about in full swing, Rush Duels has made it clear that it has no problem bringing back old mechanics. Here's a list of mechanics I would love to see in Rush Duels.

1. Flip Monsters! This is the one I want most. Right now, the only real way to interact with your opponent is traps with specific conditions like Trap Hole or Mirror Force. Flip Monsters would be a great way to incorporate more interactivity into the game! I wanna see Man-Eater Bug as a Legend! Our deadly insect savior deserves this prestigious honor!

2. Synchros/XYZs: If these are incorporated, there would have to be some balance changes. If I would suggest, make Synchros require specific tuners like Junk Synchron/Junk Warrior. With XYZs, make the material requirements type/attribute specific. In my opinion, generic Synchros/XYZs would not be healthy for Rush Duels.

3. Quick Plays: Quick plays should be battle phase specific. Effects like Rush Recklessly would be reasonable.

4. Pendulums/Links: just kidding. Absolutely not. Not now. Not ever. End of story.
Crab Turtle respects your pronouns.
he/him
Sign the Crab Turtle petition here! http://chng.it/J4rvHFFfZG

greg503

Post #2 by greg503 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:53 pm

troglyte wrote:With the Fusion Era just about in full swing, Rush Duels has made it clear that it has no problem bringing back old mechanics. Here's a list of mechanics I would love to see in Rush Duels.

1. Flip Monsters! This is the one I want most. Right now, the only real way to interact with your opponent is traps with specific conditions like Trap Hole or Mirror Force. Flip Monsters would be a great way to incorporate more interactivity into the game! I wanna see Man-Eater Bug as a Legend! Our deadly insect savior deserves this prestigious honor!

2. Synchros/XYZs: If these are incorporated, there would have to be some balance changes. If I would suggest, make Synchros require specific tuners like Junk Synchron/Junk Warrior. With XYZs, make the material requirements type/attribute specific. In my opinion, generic Synchros/XYZs would not be healthy for Rush Duels.

3. Quick Plays: Quick plays should be battle phase specific. Effects like Rush Recklessly would be reasonable.

4. Pendulums/Links: just kidding. Absolutely not. Not now. Not ever. End of story.

Are pendulums even that good if they take up 2 of 3 S/T zones in a format with unlimited Normal Summons?
Buy Floowandereeze

Renji Asuka

Post #3 by Renji Asuka » Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:23 am

greg503 wrote:
troglyte wrote:With the Fusion Era just about in full swing, Rush Duels has made it clear that it has no problem bringing back old mechanics. Here's a list of mechanics I would love to see in Rush Duels.

Are pendulums even that good if they take up 2 of 3 S/T zones in a format with unlimited Normal Summons?

We'll have to see on the first part when Arc V drops later this month on Duel Links.
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

troglyte
Mood:

Post #4 by troglyte » Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:20 am

Renji Asuka wrote:
greg503 wrote:

We'll have to see on the first part when Arc V drops later this month on Duel Links.

Pendulums in Duel Links is gonna be hella janky.
Crab Turtle respects your pronouns.
he/him
Sign the Crab Turtle petition here! http://chng.it/J4rvHFFfZG

greg503

Post #5 by greg503 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:14 pm

troglyte wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:
greg503 wrote:

Pendulums in Duel Links is gonna be hella janky.

One of the skills will totally be MR3 Pend zones
Buy Floowandereeze

Return to “Spam Paradise”