Locked Threads Portrayed By Ace Attorney

Here you can discuss just about whatever you want
greg503

Re: Locked Threads Portrayed By Ace Attorney

Post #101 by greg503 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:32 pm

Excellion wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:
Excellion wrote:gonna do one on the time Renji Asuka tried to literally redefine homophobia?

Never redefined it.

I actually defined it for you, but hey, better for you to drop the subject as you really don't want to get rekt.

Really?
Renji Asuka wrote:Which involves what? Gay people, which are also what? A topic of gender politics.

Also fun fact, homo = same and phobia = fear.

Specifically an extreme fear or aversion.

So to throw down the word as lightly as you did only does a disservice to those who actually have that phobia.

You literally ignored the dictionary definition and tried to imply that homophobia meant a "fear of same" that is, by definition, "redefining"

He only brought up the etymology, he did not say that the etymology IS the definition. That's like saying the ONLY definition of "Tyrannosaurus" is "tyrant lizard"
Buy Floowandereeze

Excellion

Post #102 by Excellion » Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:44 pm

greg503 wrote:
Excellion wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:Never redefined it.

I actually defined it for you, but hey, better for you to drop the subject as you really don't want to get rekt.

Really?
Renji Asuka wrote:Which involves what? Gay people, which are also what? A topic of gender politics.

So to throw down the word as lightly as you did only does a disservice to those who actually have that phobia.

You literally ignored the dictionary definition and tried to imply that homophobia meant a "fear of same" that is, by definition, "redefining"

He only brought up the etymology, he did not say that the etymology IS the definition. That's like saying the ONLY definition of "Tyrannosaurus" is "tyrant lizard"

Really?

because this quote says otherwise.

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #103 by Lil Oldman » Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:01 pm

Before you guys start debating, take a hint on the objection.lol and just leave it here before you guys go to deep into the hole. This already reached its conclusion and shouldn't live longer than what it had.
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."
Help I cannot remove this music from my head
https://youtu.be/ZuXI7qcNsHQ
Will try reviewing custom cards if they look interesting.

greg503

Post #104 by greg503 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:38 pm

Excellion wrote:
greg503 wrote:
Excellion wrote: Really?

Really?

Which he just said? It's been how long since that happened? A few weeks? I don't remember if there was an implication, but the etymology quote you used does not have him directly say that "fear of same" is supposed to be the definition, in fact, he acknowledges that homophobia has to do with gay people, which proves him aware of the definition. Now please, stop bringing the serious LGBT+ topics into our casual, for-fun threads. There are better places and people to discuss those with.
Buy Floowandereeze

Excellion

Post #105 by Excellion » Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:18 pm

greg503 wrote:
Excellion wrote:
greg503 wrote:He only brought up the etymology, he did not say that the etymology IS the definition. That's like saying the ONLY definition of "Tyrannosaurus" is "tyrant lizard"

Really?

Which he just said? It's been how long since that happened? A few weeks? I don't remember if there was an implication, but the etymology quote you used does not have him directly say that "fear of same" is supposed to be the definition, in fact, he acknowledges that homophobia has to do with gay people, which proves him aware of the definition. Now please, stop bringing the serious LGBT+ topics into our casual, for-fun threads. There are better places and people to discuss those with.

Really... because he clearly states otherwise here in the full quote:
Renji Asuka wrote:Excellion wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:
Excellion wrote:
My first post was:

No mention of gender, gender politics, nothing, try again.

You do realize that the term homophobic is very much intertwined with gender and gender politics right?

"Homophobia: dislike of or prejudice against gay people"
Your ignorance is showing.

Which involves what? Gay people, which are also what? A topic of gender politics.

So to throw down the word as lightly as you did only does a disservice to those who actually have that phobia

Also, now you want to stop talking aboult LGBTQ+ because its making you uncomfortable, but saw nothing wrong with starting this conversation in the "i dont identify as male or female" thread. Funny that, didnt seem to be an issue until the conversations turned back on them...
Last edited by Excellion on Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PENMASTER

Post #106 by PENMASTER » Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:20 pm

yall need to fuck off with this shit its a for fun thread yall wanna debate take it anywhere fucking else
love2hate

Excellion

Post #107 by Excellion » Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:22 pm

PENMASTER wrote:yall need to fuck off with this shit its a for fun thread yall wanna debate take it anywhere fucking else

The original comment was there should be an objection.io of the time renji literally and figuratively redefined "homophobic" and i even provided source if they did. There is no debate, theyre arguing they didnt say something that i have them quoted saying.

greg503

Post #108 by greg503 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:25 pm

Excellion wrote:Also, now you want to stop talking aboult LGBTQ+ because its making you uncomfortable, but saw nothing wrong with starting this conversation in the "i dont identify as male or female" thread. Funny that, didnt seem to be an issue until the conversations turned back on them...

This is a different thread with a different purpose.
Buy Floowandereeze

Excellion

Post #109 by Excellion » Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:37 pm

greg503 wrote:
Excellion wrote:Also, now you want to stop talking aboult LGBTQ+ because its making you uncomfortable, but saw nothing wrong with starting this conversation in the "i dont identify as male or female" thread. Funny that, didnt seem to be an issue until the conversations turned back on them...

This is a different thread with a different purpose.

Pretty sure in a public forum you dont get to pick what topics get discussed and the original comment is on topic, and the thread i mentioned are on-theme for a objection.io

DarwisBellium92
Mood:

Post #110 by DarwisBellium92 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:52 pm

Ok... im out for useless discussion
Im cardmaker pioneer with 15 years experience, KONAMI member illustrator and 360 degrees artist
Albaz/Branded and Gem-Knight/Tearlaments/Shaddoll player

"Not crediting an artist for your crappy custom cards is a world crime."
Cit.

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #111 by Lil Oldman » Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:10 am

Stop fueling the fire. Excellion is obviously looking for pointless debate. Excellion is as much at fault as you guys.
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."

greg503

Post #112 by greg503 » Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:36 am

"DB Forum has an ACTUAL meltdown over [REDACTED]! (DO NOT RESEARCH!)"
Buy Floowandereeze

Excellion

Post #113 by Excellion » Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:01 am

Lil Oldman wrote:Stop fueling the fire. Excellion is obviously looking for pointless debate. Excellion is as much at fault as you guys.

"At fault" for what exactly? Their quotes? Like to see the mental gymnastics you go through to land on that.

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #114 by Lil Oldman » Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:52 am

Excellion wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:Stop fueling the fire. Excellion is obviously looking for pointless debate. Excellion is as much at fault as you guys.

"At fault" for what exactly? Their quotes? Like to see the mental gymnastics you go through to land on that.

Not talking to you.

Excellion

Post #115 by Excellion » Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:33 pm

Lil Oldman wrote:
Excellion wrote:

Not talking to you.

Ok, well you did adressed me directly, and you inserted yourself into a conversation that didnt involve you.

greg503

Post #116 by greg503 » Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:05 pm

Excellion wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:
Excellion wrote:"At fault" for what exactly? Their quotes? Like to see the mental gymnastics you go through to land on that.

Not talking to you.

Ok, well you did adressed me directly, and you inserted yourself into a conversation that didnt involve you.

And you inserted things in this thread that don't belong here, if you want a debate that bad go make another thread
Buy Floowandereeze

Christen57

Post #117 by Christen57 » Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:15 pm

Excellion wrote:
greg503 wrote:
Excellion wrote:Really?

Renji Asuka wrote:
Excellion wrote:
My first post was:

You do realize that the term homophobic is very much intertwined with gender and gender politics right?

Which involves what? Gay people, which are also what? A topic of gender politics.

So to throw down the word as lightly as you did only does a disservice to those who actually have that phobia

Also, now you want to stop talking aboult LGBTQ+ because its making you uncomfortable, but saw nothing wrong with starting this conversation in the "i dont identify as male or female" thread. Funny that, didnt seem to be an issue until the conversations turned back on them...

We don't mind having threads for talking about LGBTQ+. MarshieDemon does, which is why she kept locking the threads where we were talking about this stuff, so if you want to keep complaining about anyone being "uncomfortable" about these discussions, take it up with her.

Plus, multiple people now have stated that these arguments shouldn't spread to this thread and I agree with them, so give me some time and I'll get to recreating those locked threads you're referring to, as this recent one involving Sound4's thread took me 10-11 days to complete for Part 1, while I've still got the rest of that thread to finish for Part 2.

We can can use one of these threads (that haven't been locked yet) to continue discussing this gender stuff if you want. https://forum.duelingbook.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=21675
https://forum.duelingbook.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=21674

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #118 by Lil Oldman » Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:46 pm

Greg503 wrote:And you inserted things in this thread that don't belong here, if you want a debate that bad go make another thread

Please, dont continue ruining this thread we have.

Excellion

Post #119 by Excellion » Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:37 pm

greg503 wrote:
Excellion wrote:
Lil Oldman wrote:Not talking to you.

And you inserted things in this thread that don't belong here, if you want a debate that bad go make another thread

the thread... is called... "locked theads protrayed by ace attorney" can you explain why discussing a locked thread in a thread dedicated to locked threads "doesnt belong here" is it just because its one of the regulars looking foolish in the example i gave?
Last edited by Excellion on Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Excellion

Post #120 by Excellion » Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:41 pm

Christen57 wrote:
Excellion wrote:
greg503 wrote:Which he just said? It's been how long since that happened? A few weeks? I don't remember if there was an implication, but the etymology quote you used does not have him directly say that "fear of same" is supposed to be the definition, in fact, he acknowledges that homophobia has to do with gay people, which proves him aware of the definition. Now please, stop bringing the serious LGBT+ topics into our casual, for-fun threads. There are better places and people to discuss those with.

Renji Asuka wrote:
Excellion wrote:
My first post was:

We don't mind having threads for talking about LGBTQ+. MarshieDemon does, which is why she kept locking the threads where we were talking about this stuff, so if you want to keep complaining about anyone being "uncomfortable" about these discussions, take it up with her.

Plus, multiple people now have stated that these arguments shouldn't spread to this thread and I agree with them, so give me some time and I'll get to recreating those locked threads you're referring to, as this recent one involving Sound4's thread took me 10-11 days to complete for Part 1, while I've still got the rest of that thread to finish for Part 2.

We can can use one of these threads (that haven't been locked yet) to continue discussing this gender stuff if you want. https://forum.duelingbook.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=21675
https://forum.duelingbook.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=21674

marshie didnt lock those threads because they were on the topic of lgbtq... they were locked for the homophobic stuff being said and the blatent harrassment that was happening (mostly by the people who are trying to shut down the conversation in this thread) which i think would make it a pretty good canidate for an objection maker., cant wait to see part 2 of sound24's thread.

Return to “Spam Paradise”