Underrated anime duels?̾

Here you can discuss just about whatever you want
Andromeda427

Underrated anime duels?̾

Post #1 by Andromeda427 » Tue May 25, 2021 1:20 pm

I feel like Aporia vs Z-ONE doesn’t get the credit it deserves. Not only it’s a good duel card-wise, but it also serves a clear purpose for the plot. If it weren’t for that duel, Yusei would have no ideia of what the Timerlords’ effects were, or how many of them there was

The strategy Aporia developed was something fresh for the anime, and served as a way to see the characters grow. You can actually feel the same hope he does, and for a moment, you think he’ll win

So, for me, it’s a top tier duel from 5Ds. What are your guys thoughts for duels from any series that should get more praise?̾

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #2 by Lil Oldman » Tue May 25, 2021 2:11 pm

Go Onizuka vs Revolver
The duel was a constan back and forth of power, abusing each other weak spots (Revolver using thunder ogre's effect and Go using Topologic Bomber's). It shows how strong how Go and Revolver could be, and at the same time with Z-One and Aporia, if it wasnt for Go, Playmaker wouldnt know that Revolver's trump card was Mirror Force.
This duel is what I would call a rollercoaster of emotions, when revolver forces Go to play 4 different links, when Go does that, when Revolver plays Mirror Force, when Go tríes to recover from it, when Revolver uses his rokkets to get rid of that defense he has, it just goes up and down. And that final battle with Borrelsword and Giant Ogre, I just remember feeling exactly like Ai in that moment "He survived somehow." but a duel has to end, it cannot be a constant back and forth.
And the huge aftermath is crushing, during the entire duel, Go has a crowd of children cheering on him, that make his defeat the more harsh. You, as the children, want to believe he can win, but Revolver is just the better player.
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."
Help I cannot remove this music from my head
https://youtu.be/ZuXI7qcNsHQ
Will try reviewing custom cards if they look interesting.

greg503

Post #3 by greg503 » Tue May 25, 2021 2:44 pm

Andromeda427 wrote:I feel like Aporia vs Z-ONE doesn’t get the credit it deserves.

Maybe because it never got aired in America
Buy Floowandereeze

DuskWill

Post #4 by DuskWill » Tue May 25, 2021 3:24 pm

greg503 wrote:
Andromeda427 wrote:I feel like Aporia vs Z-ONE doesn’t get the credit it deserves.

Maybe because it never got aired in America

Dubs really becomes a limitation for that matter.

Also, I thought that, at that point, people were following the anime by some fansubs or something to get a hold of which cards would most likely be released IRL soon. At least after GX, Konami have been making cards more accurately to how they were presented in the anime. Not to mention it was pretty much 5D's the first anime that introduced good cards and archetypes for its era.

Still, perhaps that's some cognitive bias from my experience. I stopped watching dubbed media since early 2000's, have been around some groups with the same mentality and ideology and actually researched new releases of both anime and card game. Do share your point of views if so.

Also, yes. Aporia vs Z-ONE was epic. For someone who talked a WHOLE lot about despair, he really had a fair share in that duel (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUw3tO0zEAE).
This is...
I saw the strategy I need!

troglyte
Mood:

Post #5 by troglyte » Tue May 25, 2021 6:40 pm

Gonna get back to you once Yuga vs Luke rematch happens in Sevens.
Crab Turtle respects your pronouns.
he/him
Sign the Crab Turtle petition here! http://chng.it/J4rvHFFfZG

Renji Asuka

Post #6 by Renji Asuka » Tue May 25, 2021 8:53 pm

Joey vs Tea is the most underrated duel.

And Tea has a 100% win rate.
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

Return to “Spam Paradise”