hypothetical scenario

Here you can discuss just about whatever you want
CrystalMusic
Mood:

hypothetical scenario

Post #1 by CrystalMusic » Fri Mar 26, 2021 4:16 am

The Entire Dragon Ball Z Universe (From Saiyan Saga to Buu Saga) minus the Eternal Dragons/dragon balls themselves (basically no wishes as this would be deemed cheating as you can easily bypass this scenario by wishing for anything that is lesser than the dragon balls creators) is out to get you. You can pick ONE main antagonist from any video game (except from any Dragonball/Dragonball Z/Dragon Ball Super video games) to protect you. Who do you pick and what strengths/weaknesses does that character have? does it give you an edge? please list as much detail as possible.

rules - to clear up a few misunderstandings: as long as your antagonist is alive, you are safe from any and all harm. basically your antagonist has to be killed before the DBZ universe can touch you in the slightest. this means as long as your antagonist is alive, you cannot be killed (killed as in this hypothetical scenario)
Last edited by CrystalMusic on Fri Mar 26, 2021 4:37 am, edited 6 times in total.
“Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #2 by CrystalMusic » Fri Mar 26, 2021 4:19 am

me? id pick Alduin from Skyrim. Seeing as the only thing that can kill Alduin is the Dragonborn, i live, because no one from DBZ is the dragonborn. Plus according to the game, Alduin cannot be slain while on Nirn (earth) even by the dragonborn.

Alduin himself even said "Meyz mul, Dovahkiin. You have become strong. But I am Al-du-in, Firstborn of Akatosh! Mulaagi zok lot! I cannot be slain here, by you or anyone else! You cannot prevail against me. I will outlast you... mortal!"

with that said: dragonborn or not, as long as Alduin is on earth he cannot be slain and therefore is immortal and invincible thus making him the perfect choice for this scenario. basically: Alduin is Immortal, Invincible and invulnerable to all but the dragonborn.
Last edited by CrystalMusic on Fri Mar 26, 2021 4:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

Debt

Post #3 by Debt » Fri Mar 26, 2021 4:25 am

Unless you're personally empowered then nothing can save you. They can wish for you to die if you're personally weaker than Shenron or Purunga.

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #4 by CrystalMusic » Fri Mar 26, 2021 4:27 am

Debt wrote:Unless you're personally empowered then nothing can save you. They can wish for you to die if you're personally weaker than Shenron or Purunga.

if you want ot put it that way ill add a stipulation: no wishes or eternal dragons

Debt

Post #5 by Debt » Fri Mar 26, 2021 4:30 am

CrystalMusic wrote: if you want ot put it that way ill add a stipulation: no wishes or eternal dragons

Instant transmission and the fact of most of the cast being planetbusters is still an issue. Kid buu can just self destruct wherever you're at and autowin. Super buu showed the ability to control ki in a way to kill everyone on the planet with the exception of those on the watch tower, Tien and Mr. Satan without any collateral damage

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #6 by CrystalMusic » Fri Mar 26, 2021 4:32 am

Debt wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote: if you want ot put it that way ill add a stipulation: no wishes or eternal dragons

Instant transmission and the fact of most of the cast being planetbusters is still an issue. Kid buu can just self destruct wherever you're at and autowin. Super buu showed the ability to control ki in a way to kill everyone on the planet with the exception of those on the watch tower, Tien and Mr. Satan without any collateral damage

dude like i said i chose alduin, alduin can only be slain by the dragonborn but not while on earth, since buu is not the dragonborn he cannot kill alduin. go learn your skyrim lore dude!

Debt

Post #7 by Debt » Fri Mar 26, 2021 4:34 am

CrystalMusic wrote:dude like i said i chose alduin, alduin can only be slain by the dragonborn but not while on earth, since buu is not the dragonborn he cannot kill alduin.

You're challenge is that Alduin needs to protect you, not that the DBZ cast has to beat him. Alduin can't protect you if there's no planet and you die instantly.

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #8 by CrystalMusic » Fri Mar 26, 2021 4:36 am

Debt wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:dude like i said i chose alduin, alduin can only be slain by the dragonborn but not while on earth, since buu is not the dragonborn he cannot kill alduin.

You're challenge is that Alduin needs to protect you, not that the DBZ cast has to beat him. Alduin can't protect you if there's no planet and you die instantly.

OMFG what part of: as long as my antagonist is alive, no harm can be done to me!!! can u not read???

Debt

Post #9 by Debt » Fri Mar 26, 2021 4:37 am

CrystalMusic wrote:OMFG what part of: as long as my antagonist is alive, no harm can be done to me!!! can u not read???

You said as long as he's on Nirn he can't be slain. DBZ characters can blow up planets. Therefore he's not on Nirn and can be slain

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #10 by Lil Oldman » Fri Mar 26, 2021 4:38 am

Main antagonist? Easy, Shion Yorigami, She just sides with my enemies and due to her power, everyone who sides with her will lose.
OR if she siding against me is not allowed, then either Yuyuko Saigyouji or Yachie Kicchou, who in escence are the same. Yuyuko can make anyone kill themselves and Yachie can make them lose the will to fight.
Last edited by Lil Oldman on Fri Mar 26, 2021 4:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."
Help I cannot remove this music from my head
https://youtu.be/ZuXI7qcNsHQ
Will try reviewing custom cards if they look interesting.

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #11 by CrystalMusic » Fri Mar 26, 2021 4:40 am

Debt wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:OMFG what part of: as long as my antagonist is alive, no harm can be done to me!!! can u not read???

You said as long as he's on Nirn he can't be slain. DBZ characters can blow up planets. Therefore he's not on Nirn and can be slain

you clearly dont know the lore of Skyrim, he can only be slain while in sovngarde, you cant blow up a place that is made by the gods without a god! and since i said only from saiyan saga to buu, you have no gods to use! so beerus (or any other god of destruction) the angels and zeno are not applicable

DuskWill

Post #12 by DuskWill » Fri Mar 26, 2021 4:46 am

And there goes reality. Well, hopefully, aside for me, since I can still contain it with a Poké Ball.

But, in all seriousness, though, I'd pick Aurelion Sol, the star forger:
He preceded life itself and it's a cosmic being capable of creating and destroying stars with the flick of his fingers. I feel like he can handle this situation quite well.
This is...
I saw the strategy I need!

Debt

Post #13 by Debt » Fri Mar 26, 2021 4:48 am

CrystalMusic wrote:you clearly dont know the lore of Skyrim, he can only be slain while in sovngarde, you cant blow up a place that is made by the gods without a god! and since i said only from saiyan saga to buu, you have no gods to use! so beerus (or any other god of destruction) the angels and zeno are not applicable

Nirn is literally made out of Gods. And it can be destroyed. Why should Sovngarde be any different? It's just 1 of many afterlives in TES. Alduin was slain in Sovngarde, doesn't mean he has to die in Sovngarde. He retreated to Sovngarde because the dragonborn kicked his ass so hard he was gonna die; he was feasting on souls to try to regain his strength. That very fact puts doubt on his supposed invincibility.

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #14 by CrystalMusic » Fri Mar 26, 2021 4:53 am

Debt wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:you clearly dont know the lore of Skyrim, he can only be slain while in sovngarde, you cant blow up a place that is made by the gods without a god! and since i said only from saiyan saga to buu, you have no gods to use! so beerus (or any other god of destruction) the angels and zeno are not applicable

Nirn is literally made out of Gods. And it can be destroyed. Why should Sovngarde be any different? It's just 1 of many afterlives in TES. Alduin was slain in Sovngarde, doesn't mean he has to die in Sovngarde. He retreated to Sovngarde because the dragonborn kicked his ass so hard he was gonna die; he was feasting on souls to try to regain his strength. That very fact puts doubt on his supposed invincibility.

again alduin himself said: "Meyz mul, Dovahkiin. You have become strong. But I am Al-du-in, Firstborn of Akatosh! Mulaagi zok lot! I cannot be slain here, by you or anyone else! You cannot prevail against me. I will outlast you... mortal!"

I CANNOT BE SLAIN HERE! which means as long as hes on earth, he cannot die!!! he can only be slain in Sovngarde

since you are so darn iggnorant and so full of yourself im ignoring any future replies made by you. good day!

Debt

Post #15 by Debt » Fri Mar 26, 2021 4:57 am

CrystalMusic wrote:
again alduin himself said: "Meyz mul, Dovahkiin. You have become strong. But I am Al-du-in, Firstborn of Akatosh! Mulaagi zok lot! I cannot be slain here, by you or anyone else! You cannot prevail against me. I will outlast you... mortal!"

I CANNOT BE SLAIN HERE! which means as long as hes on earth, he cannot die!!! he can only be slain in Sovngarde

since you are so darn iggnorant and so full of yourself im ignoring any future replies made by you. good day!

Alduin's full of shit.
"I cannot be slain here, by you or anyone else"
Yet you killed him. Despite him saying you cannot.

You're adding things to make him more invincible than he is.

KTeknis

Post #16 by KTeknis » Fri Mar 26, 2021 4:57 am

Well, a lot of the Saiyans seems to have super speed. What's stopping them from pulling him to said 'Sovngarde' and then beat the heck out of him?
I have interest in badly designed custom cards.
You saw these cards as terrible, I saw them as ideas.

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #17 by Lil Oldman » Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:00 am

Oh so they have to die before me? Then easy Kaguya Houraisan/Fujiwara no Mokou as they are Hourai Immortals so I am clean
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."
Help I cannot remove this music from my head
https://youtu.be/ZuXI7qcNsHQ
Will try reviewing custom cards if they look interesting.

Debt

Post #18 by Debt » Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:02 am

Crystal is just making shit up about Alduin. Why would Alduin go to the only place where he's vulnerable if he could just stay on Nirn and tank you for all eternity? Alduin is prideful to a fault, that's all what he said meant. Not that he's literally invincible on Nirn and that he can only be killed in 1 specific afterlife. Alduin is tied to Akatosh not just the Nordic mythology. He could've ported himself into any afterlife, gorged himself of souls and returned to kick your ass. But you're telling me he picked the 1 afterlife he could lose in?
Last edited by Debt on Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

NiwatoriFTW

Post #19 by NiwatoriFTW » Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:02 am

It's so confusing why your argument of your pick being essentially immortal would mean that you won't die in your described scenario. But I guess you just had to distort and add rules for not thinking ahead when showing how "smart" you are for the situation you created yourself.

That's a weird pattern to have both in regular DuelingBook and its forums.

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #20 by CrystalMusic » Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:08 am

Lil Oldman wrote:Oh so they have to die before me? Then easy Kaguya Houraisan/Fujiwara no Mokou as they are Hourai Immortals so I am clean

immortal means incapable of dying of old age. one who is immortal can still die from other causes

Return to “Spam Paradise”