The Judge-Hate Hype Train Has Gone Too Far

Here you can discuss just about whatever you want
troglyte
Mood:

The Judge-Hate Hype Train Has Gone Too Far

Post #1 by troglyte » Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:38 pm

You had to do it, didn't you...you just HAD to awaken the d1234 troll after all these months.

Dear Denizens of the db forums, I bestow upon you this weapon which will slay the beast!

"Sure, whatever, Dark Cyborg."

Pierce his flesh with these words, and make your incredibly tiny village safe once more!
Crab Turtle respects your pronouns.
he/him
Sign the Crab Turtle petition here! http://chng.it/J4rvHFFfZG

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #2 by Lil Oldman » Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:47 pm

I mean, I am not answering anything he posts, I suggest you to do the same, he has less will-power than crystal that's for sure. (and maybe spamming that on the serious threads might actually get us in trouble.)
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."
Help I cannot remove this music from my head
https://youtu.be/ZuXI7qcNsHQ
Will try reviewing custom cards if they look interesting.

troglyte
Mood:

Post #3 by troglyte » Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:52 pm

Honestly, I'm kinda disappointed in this whole trend of being critical to the judges. Maybe I just can't share the same level of passion because I have no use for rated, customs, or any format other than Rush Duels. But even I can see when that passion is being misplaced. And now, they're getting punished for bringing back old drama and awakening the sleeping troll.
he/him

ominous

Post #4 by ominous » Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:03 pm

troglyte wrote:Honestly, I'm kinda disappointed in this whole trend of being critical to the judges. Maybe I just can't share the same level of passion because I have no use for rated, customs, or any format other than Rush Duels. But even I can see when that passion is being misplaced. And now, they're getting punished for bringing back old drama and awakening the sleeping troll.

People need an entity to be angry at, otherwise, theyll feel its their fault. here are some common examples:
"its not MY fault i cant win, its meta sheep"
'its not MY fault i lost, the judge didnt know the ruling (i can totally negate solemn wth shien)"
its not MY fault im being punished for my actions, its the judges targeting me"
Dont be stupid, Stupid.

KTeknis

Post #5 by KTeknis » Fri Feb 12, 2021 2:21 am

As someone who's more at Custom Card, I can't really do much about it other than ignoring it. That's why i rarely posted in that kind of comment. (I think i did once, but just a snarky comment.) But tbh I was thinking of doing at least 1 rated duel, just so that I could at least bend my rating a bit, at least I don't want my rating to be stuck at 100/0 forever.
ominous wrote:People need an entity to be angry at, otherwise, theyll feel its their fault. here are some common examples:
"its not MY fault i cant win, its meta sheep"
'its not MY fault i lost, the judge didnt know the ruling (i can totally negate solemn wth shien)"
its not MY fault im being punished for my actions, its the judges targeting me"

Suddenly, my self-blaming tendency is a good thing?
I have interest in badly designed custom cards.
You saw these cards as terrible, I saw them as ideas.

LOOPX

Post #6 by LOOPX » Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:02 pm

I dont think that it is that it is judge hate but disproval of much they do

troglyte
Mood:

Post #7 by troglyte » Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:12 pm

LOOPX wrote:I dont think that it is that it is judge hate but disproval of much they do

I agree that being critical of establishments is important, but most of these threads have devolved into circle-jerks and petty arguments where people are just getting angry at each other without providing any truly coherent arguments, let alone solutions to these issues. Then there are the trolls who are maliciously extending threads far beyond their relevancy.

Honestly, most of those threads deserve to be in Spam Paradise, like this one.
he/him

Jedx_EX
Mood:

Post #8 by Jedx_EX » Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:44 pm

troglyte wrote:
LOOPX wrote:I dont think that it is that it is judge hate but disproval of much they do

I agree that being critical of establishments is important, but most of these threads have devolved into circle-jerks and petty arguments where people are just getting angry at each other without providing any truly coherent arguments, let alone solutions to these issues. Then there are the trolls who are maliciously extending threads far beyond their relevancy.

The biggest example being my "Farewell" thread, and the people who let it continue.

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #9 by Lil Oldman » Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:53 pm

Jedx_EX wrote:
troglyte wrote:

The biggest example being my "Farewell" thread, and the people who let it continue.

The Biggest example would most likely be "Banned from rated" by dark cyborg, it is (To my knowledge) the only one which actually had to be blocked before a conclusion
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."
Help I cannot remove this music from my head
https://youtu.be/ZuXI7qcNsHQ
Will try reviewing custom cards if they look interesting.

troglyte
Mood:

Post #10 by troglyte » Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:20 pm

Jedx_EX wrote:
troglyte wrote:

That has nothing to do with this thread.
he/him

Jedx_EX
Mood:

Post #11 by Jedx_EX » Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:27 am

troglyte wrote:
Jedx_EX wrote:
troglyte wrote:

That has nothing to do with this thread.

Exactly. The thread was forced to be something it was not.

troglyte
Mood:

Post #12 by troglyte » Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:27 pm

And now one of those threads got locked. Most likely because they completely lost track of what they were talking about.
he/him

DarkPhenix

Post #13 by DarkPhenix » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:27 pm

Which thread got locked?
RC-1, PC-1 Konami® Certified Judge

troglyte
Mood:

Post #14 by troglyte » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:38 pm

DarkPhenix wrote:Which thread got locked?

In my opinion, it deserved it.

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=14021
he/him

DarkPhenix

Post #15 by DarkPhenix » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:40 pm

This forum needs to move and find something new to talk about. Locking topics like those help.
RC-1, PC-1 Konami® Certified Judge

Return to “Spam Paradise”