Just for Fun

Here you can discuss just about whatever you want
CrystalMusic
Mood:

Re: Just for Fun

Post #221 by CrystalMusic » Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:56 am

and apparently you didn't learn slavery correctly in school, they still had a home and food and water as long as they did what they were told.
“Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

LightCaster
Mood:

Post #222 by LightCaster » Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:57 am

CrystalMusic wrote:and apparently you didn't learn slavery correctly in school, they still had a home and food and water as long as they did what they were told.

So in your mind that means slavery is okay since they have a home, food and water?

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #223 by CrystalMusic » Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:57 am

Debt wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:no not roasted, you cannot compare slavery to a card game.

Can you pay for food using pocket lint? Because giving LP is so worthless it might as well be pocket lint

how many times do i have to remind you guys: in a duel against me LP is like having heat in your house during winter. its essential.
“Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

NiwatoriFTW

Post #224 by NiwatoriFTW » Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:57 am

CrystalMusic wrote:
Rocket2 wrote:
NiwatoriFTW wrote:By that same logic, it wouldn't be slavery if workers got at least 1 cent as wage, right? "Getting something out of it" is not the same as equivalence.

no not roasted, you cannot compare slavery to a card game.

It's not a direct comparison on the subject, but the principle.

You claim that your card doesn't negate for free, since the opponent gets something. Even though it doesn't matter to you if it's a fair compensation.

Likewise, if jobs followed that logic, then if workers got even if just a cent from their labour, they wouldn't be working for free. Even though it's not a fair compensation.

LightCaster
Mood:

Post #225 by LightCaster » Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:58 am

CrystalMusic wrote:
Debt wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:no not roasted, you cannot compare slavery to a card game.

Can you pay for food using pocket lint? Because giving LP is so worthless it might as well be pocket lint

how many times do i have to remind you guys: in a duel against me LP is like having heat in your house during winter. its essential.

Tell that to most archetypes who use LP as a cost. Like Solemn Judgement here. Paying HALF YOUR LP to stop ONE summon.

Debt

Post #226 by Debt » Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:59 am

CrystalMusic wrote:

Except it doesn't matter in your duels. You can pretend all you want that LP is somehow worth anything in this game but you frequently swing for over 20k atk, so unless your giving hundreds of thousands of LP then it's worthless.

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #227 by CrystalMusic » Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:00 am

LightCaster wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:and apparently you didn't learn slavery correctly in school, they still had a home and food and water as long as they did what they were told.

So in your mind that means slavery is okay since they have a home, food and water?

and there you go, putting words in my mouth that i never said all because you asume.

1: slavery is wrong
2: why do you think many heros like Martin Luther King Jr, Rosa Parks, Harriet Tubman, and even Abraham Lincoln fought for freedom for the slaves? they thought it was wrong, unjust and inhumane

Rocket2

Post #228 by Rocket2 » Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:02 am

CrystalMusic wrote:
LightCaster wrote:So in your mind that means slavery is okay since they have a home, food and water?

and there you go, putting words in my mouth that i never said all because you asume.

2: why do you think many heros like Martin Luther King Jr, Rosa Parks, Harriet Tubman, and even Abraham Lincoln fought for freedom for the slaves? they thought it was wrong, unjust and inhumane

LIKE YOURSELF!!! :evil: You fucking tyrant did just that to everyone you ever meet. Its all about you!
Last edited by Rocket2 on Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #229 by CrystalMusic » Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:02 am

NiwatoriFTW wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:
Rocket2 wrote:Image

You claim that your card doesn't negate for free, since the opponent gets something. Even though it doesn't matter to you if it's a fair compensation.

Likewise, if jobs followed that logic, then if workers got even if just a cent from their labour, they wouldn't be working for free. Even though it's not a fair compensation.

again you are comparing a card game to real life.
if i was a boss, i would pay workers based on experience, hard work, and loyalty

LightCaster
Mood:

Post #230 by LightCaster » Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:02 am

CrystalMusic wrote:
LightCaster wrote:

You literally are acting like it's okay to have slaves just because they have a home, food and water. We're using it as an example of your flawed logic.

Just because you're giving your opponent something in a card effect and then follow up with a busted one doesn't invalidate how busted the other effect is. Just like slavery is still bad even though you're giving them three essential needs.

Debt

Post #231 by Debt » Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:03 am

CrystalMusic wrote:2: why do you think many heros like Martin Luther King Jr, Rosa Parks, Harriet Tubman, and even Abraham Lincoln fought for freedom for the slaves? they thought it was wrong, unjust and inhumane

holy shit do you think MLK and Rosa Parks fought against slavery? Slavery had been abolished for 100 years in the USA the time of their activism. Their struggle was civil rights not abolition

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #232 by CrystalMusic » Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:03 am

Debt wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:

Except it doesn't matter in your duels. You can pretend all you want that LP is somehow worth anything in this game but you frequently swing for over 20k atk, so unless your giving hundreds of thousands of LP then it's worthless.

ok let me correct myself: LP AND ATK POINTS

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #233 by CrystalMusic » Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:04 am

LightCaster wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:
LightCaster wrote:

You literally are acting like it's okay to have slaves just because they have a home, food and water. We're using it as an example of your flawed logic.

Just because you're giving your opponent something in a card effect and then follow up with a busted one doesn't invalidate how busted the other effect is. Just like slavery is still bad even though you're giving them three essential needs.

apparently you cant read i just got done saying SLAVERY IS WRONG, INHUMANE and UNJUST
ALSO
STOP COMPARING A CARD GAME TO SLAVERY!

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #234 by CrystalMusic » Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:05 am

Debt wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:2: why do you think many heros like Martin Luther King Jr, Rosa Parks, Harriet Tubman, and even Abraham Lincoln fought for freedom for the slaves? they thought it was wrong, unjust and inhumane

holy shit do you think MLK and Rosa Parks fought against slavery? Slavery had been abolished for 100 years in the USA the time of their activism. Their struggle was civil rights not abolition

seems you didnt read or study about them. go back to school.

Debt

Post #235 by Debt » Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:05 am

CrystalMusic wrote:ok let me correct myself: LP AND ATK POINTS

Do you give your opponents 70k lp to fight against your paladin deck? No. Therefore any LP gain "downside" is worthless because they need at least 70k LP to survive the turn Divine is summoned.

LightCaster
Mood:

Post #236 by LightCaster » Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:06 am

CrystalMusic wrote:
LightCaster wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:

apparently you cant read i just got done saying SLAVERY IS WRONG, INHUMANE and UNJUST
ALSO
STOP COMPARING A CARD GAME TO SLAVERY!

STOP USING RETARDED LOGIC TO JUSTIFY YOUR SHITTY BEHAVIOR AND WE WON'T MAKE THE FUCKING COMPARISON YOU FUCKING RETARD.

KTeknis

Post #237 by KTeknis » Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:06 am

I have interest in badly designed custom cards.
You saw these cards as terrible, I saw them as ideas.

Rocket2

Post #238 by Rocket2 » Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:07 am

CrystalMusic wrote:again you are comparing a card game to real life.
if i was a boss, i would pay workers based on experience, hard work, and loyalty

More like pay on loyalty. You fire anyone if they don't follow you like sheep.

NiwatoriFTW

Post #239 by NiwatoriFTW » Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:07 am

CrystalMusic wrote:
NiwatoriFTW wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:

again you are comparing a card game to real life.

Again, I'm comparing principles, not the subject themselves. The principle of equivalence. Cards being negated freely should be compensated on your effort for bringing them or card advantage for the opponent. The way you do is as rewarding as a couple of cents as a wage for hard labour. I'm actually surprised how it's hard for you to grasp metaphorical comparisons.

Also, you act like the boss of your duels and, yet, you doesn't seem able even provide equivalence for your opponents' efforts against your card negations, neither in card advantage or game state.
Last edited by NiwatoriFTW on Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Debt

Post #240 by Debt » Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:07 am

CrystalMusic wrote:seems you didnt read or study about them. go back to school.

Slavery was abolished for almost 100 years by the 1950s. How the hell do you not know this? Do you know what the 13th amendment is? What MLK and Rose Parks fought for was civil rights, desegregation and equality. Not to end an institution that ceased being for almost an entire century. How ignorant are you?

Return to “Spam Paradise”