ok advice taken

Here you can discuss just about whatever you want
Lil Oldman
Mood:

Re: ok advice taken

Post #61 by Lil Oldman » Thu Feb 04, 2021 1:18 am

Rocket2 wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:ok 1: i preffer yugioh from 1st gen to 5ds, nothing beyond that. there is NOTHING you can do to make me use the new cards because i dont like them.
2: i do obey my own rules
3: so judging by how you say i stall to much, how would you like if i use a deck that has no stall cards? how about my beatdown deck. has no stall, its all atk power based.

NiwatoriFTW wrote:In that duel, you had the upper hand from turn 1, since your opponent never really managed to outmatch Mirror Force Dragon. Still, you never even attacked with it. You never attacked in a whole duel of 38 turns. Despite the opponent playing an Exodia Deck, they were still trying to make a stand with the unusual cards for such deck.

It's not about which deck you have that can do serious damage earlier, it's about how you end up playing and possibly forcing your opponent to abide as well: To achieve some convoluted ace monster or board setup, even though the interaction could have started several turns earlier. Not to mention that if they used a single effect on your cards you would most likely ragequit, despite THAT being interaction.

WTF?! You stalled waaaaaay too long, longer than any caveman yugioh duels. Just attack and win the game already. But nooooooo, you just want the big "new" shiny 2015 cards. The Legendary Dragons & Knights are not 1st gen cards you twit! That's your rule breaking right there! :evil:

Oh BuT tHeY aPpEaReD iN tHe AnImE!
News, the fool and the entirety DSoD also appeared as GX/DM cards.
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."
Help I cannot remove this music from my head
https://youtu.be/ZuXI7qcNsHQ
Will try reviewing custom cards if they look interesting.

NiwatoriFTW

Post #62 by NiwatoriFTW » Thu Feb 04, 2021 1:28 am

Lil Oldman wrote:Oh BuT tHeY aPpEaReD iN tHe AnImE!
News, the fool and the entirety DSoD also appeared as GX/DM cards.

Meanwhile, in a different duel, a different standard: https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=200963-22428378
[0:00] CrystalMusic: CrystalMusic hosted Single (with siding) in Advanced (Unrated) with duel note "1st gen - 5ds. no b.eyes, magicians or HERO's"
[8:49] Jarebear: Entered Main Phase 1
[9:10] Jarebear: Activated "Pot of Extravagance" from hand (2/4)
[9:15] Jarebear: Banished "Chronomaly Crystal Chrononaut" from Extra Deck
[9:15] Jarebear: Banished "Daigusto Phoenix" from Extra Deck
[9:15] Jarebear: Banished "D/D/D Stone King Darius" from Extra Deck
[9:15] Jarebear: Banished "Daigusto Phoenix" from Extra Deck
[9:15] Jarebear: Banished "Dante, Traveler of the Burning Abyss" from Extra Deck
[9:15] Jarebear: Banished "Cyberse Reminder" from Extra Deck
[9:19] Jarebear: "eff"
[9:20] CrystalMusic: "and this is why that card needs ot be banned"
[9:22] CrystalMusic: "its abuseable"
[9:35] CrystalMusic: "also"
[9:39] CrystalMusic: "its not allowed"
[9:43] CrystalMusic: "i said 1st gen - 5ds"
[9:44] Jarebear: "i got rid of half my ed tho"
[9:48] CrystalMusic: "that came out long after 5ds ended"
[10:04] Jarebear: "yusei used in the manga tho"
[10:09] CrystalMusic: "doenst count"
[10:19] Jarebear: "it's 5ds tho"
[10:27] CrystalMusic: "only the anime counts"
[10:39] Jarebear: "you didnt specify "
[10:44] CrystalMusic: "just did"
[10:50] Jarebear: "not before"
[10:51] CrystalMusic: "and it doenst matter if yusie used it"
[10:58] CrystalMusic: "it was released LONG after 5ds ended"
[11:09] CrystalMusic: "so it wasnt even a card back then"
[11:17] Jarebear: "you are in winning position. it really doesnt matter"

I mean, Yusei didn't really use Pot of Extravagance, but that's not really the point here.

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #63 by CrystalMusic » Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:13 am

Rocket2 wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:ok 1: i preffer yugioh from 1st gen to 5ds, nothing beyond that. there is NOTHING you can do to make me use the new cards because i dont like them.
2: i do obey my own rules
3: so judging by how you say i stall to much, how would you like if i use a deck that has no stall cards? how about my beatdown deck. has no stall, its all atk power based.

NiwatoriFTW wrote:In that duel, you had the upper hand from turn 1, since your opponent never really managed to outmatch Mirror Force Dragon. Still, you never even attacked with it. You never attacked in a whole duel of 38 turns. Despite the opponent playing an Exodia Deck, they were still trying to make a stand with the unusual cards for such deck.

It's not about which deck you have that can do serious damage earlier, it's about how you end up playing and possibly forcing your opponent to abide as well: To achieve some convoluted ace monster or board setup, even though the interaction could have started several turns earlier. Not to mention that if they used a single effect on your cards you would most likely ragequit, despite THAT being interaction.

WTF?! You stalled waaaaaay too long, longer than any caveman yugioh duels. Just attack and win the game already. But nooooooo, you just want the big "new" shiny 2015 cards. The Legendary Dragons & Knights are not 1st gen cards you twit! That's your rule breaking right there! :evil:

you apparently dont know me, if it was seen or used by a character in 1st gen, then its 1st gen.
“Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

NiwatoriFTW

Post #64 by NiwatoriFTW » Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:18 am

CrystalMusic wrote:you apparently dont know me, if it was seen or used by a character in 1st gen, then its 1st gen.

Who you are doesn't change facts much. Also, you said quite the opposite in the last replay I've shared. Was it just for convenience?

Rocket2

Post #65 by Rocket2 » Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:25 am

CrystalMusic wrote:you apparently dont know me, if it was seen or used by a character in 1st gen, then its 1st gen.

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #66 by CrystalMusic » Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:25 am

NiwatoriFTW wrote:

Who you are doesn't change facts much. Also, you said quite the opposite in the last replay I've shared. Was it just for convenience?

first off i haven not seen any episode of yugioh beyond that of gx season 1 so all characters beyond that point are irrelevant to me. I only know some because of popularity like jesse anderson and his crystal beasts.
“Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

NiwatoriFTW

Post #67 by NiwatoriFTW » Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:34 am

CrystalMusic wrote:
NiwatoriFTW wrote:

first off i haven not seen any episode of yugioh beyond that of gx season 1 so all characters beyond that point are irrelevant to me. I only know some because of popularity like jesse anderson and his crystal beasts.

How is this any relevant to what I've shown? You can't claim some card belongs to a certain generation because a character used it in the anime while also claiming that it doesn't matter if it was used by an anime character, since it was released after the anime ended.

Should we infer that you have no qualms being conveniently hypocrite and inconsistent with those paradoxical definitions?

Renji Asuka

Post #68 by Renji Asuka » Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:36 am

CrystalMusic wrote:
NiwatoriFTW wrote:

By the logic that has been presented, you're not allowed to use the Legendary Dragon cards.
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #69 by CrystalMusic » Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:37 am

Renji Asuka wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:
NiwatoriFTW wrote:Who you are doesn't change facts much. Also, you said quite the opposite in the last replay I've shared. Was it just for convenience?

By the logic that has been presented, you're not allowed to use the Legendary Dragon cards.

yugi, kaiba and joey used them in the original series, they are 1st gen

Renji Asuka

Post #70 by Renji Asuka » Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:40 am

CrystalMusic wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:

Doesn't matter, if yusei did play that card, and you said it didn't matter if he did or not, then you are setting a precedence that you can't play any of the Legendary Dragon Cards.

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #71 by CrystalMusic » Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:43 am

Renji Asuka wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:By the logic that has been presented, you're not allowed to use the Legendary Dragon cards.

Doesn't matter, if yusei did play that card, and you said it didn't matter if he did or not, then you are setting a precedence that you can't play any of the Legendary Dragon Cards.

seems you cant read so we are doing circles: i said i have not seen anything beyond gx season 1

Renji Asuka

Post #72 by Renji Asuka » Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:44 am

CrystalMusic wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:

seems you cant read so we are doing circles: i said i have not seen anything beyond gx season 1

Doesn't matter what you seen or haven't, you are setting a precedence where you can't use those cards.

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #73 by CrystalMusic » Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:47 am

Renji Asuka wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:Doesn't matter, if yusei did play that card, and you said it didn't matter if he did or not, then you are setting a precedence that you can't play any of the Legendary Dragon Cards.

Doesn't matter what you seen or haven't, you are setting a precedence where you can't use those cards.

go read my profile and youll see it says if it was seen or used by a character then it counts as part of that generation.

KTeknis

Post #74 by KTeknis » Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:52 am

CrystalMusic wrote:go read my profile and youll see it says if it was seen or used by a character then it counts as part of that generation.

Still doesn't matter either. If Yusei did use said card, then by your rule it counts as 5d's era card, which mean it's ok your opponent using it.
I have interest in badly designed custom cards.
You saw these cards as terrible, I saw them as ideas.

NiwatoriFTW

Post #75 by NiwatoriFTW » Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:53 am

CrystalMusic wrote:go read my profile and youll see it says if it was seen or used by a character then it counts as part of that generation.

NiwatoriFTW wrote:Meanwhile, in a different duel, a different standard: https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=200963-22428378

Double standards, much?

Renji Asuka

Post #76 by Renji Asuka » Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:53 am

KTeknis wrote:

Still doesn't matter either. If Yusei did use said card, then by your rule it counts as 5d's era card, which mean it's ok your opponent using it.

On top of this, if Yusei did use the card and CrystalMusic says that person can't use said card, then CrystalMusic can't use Legendary Dragon cards.

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #77 by CrystalMusic » Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:54 am

KTeknis wrote:

that depends on my rules for my duel. if i say 1st gen and gx season 1 then anything from yusei is not allowed

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #78 by CrystalMusic » Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:55 am

so if my rules said 1st gen and gx season 1 only then the legendary dragons are fair game because yugi, kaiba and joey used them in the 1st generation show. it all depends on what my duel note says. and since i have never seen anything beyond gx season 1 it is unlikely i will use a duel note that allows one to use yusie's cards. the only reason i know about yusei is because of stardust dragon, which as you all know, is my favorite synchro
Last edited by CrystalMusic on Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

NiwatoriFTW

Post #79 by NiwatoriFTW » Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:56 am

CrystalMusic wrote:
KTeknis wrote:

that depends on my rules for my duel. if i say 1st gen and gx season 1 then anything from yusei is not allowed

NiwatoriFTW wrote:Meanwhile, in a different duel, a different standard: https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=200963-22428378
[0:00] CrystalMusic: CrystalMusic hosted Single (with siding) in Advanced (Unrated) with duel note "1st gen - 5ds. no b.eyes, magicians or HERO's"

The note included that but you claimed something different anyway.

KTeknis

Post #80 by KTeknis » Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:57 am

CrystalMusic wrote:so if my rules said 1st gen and gx season 1 only then the legendary dragons are fair game because yugi, kaiba and joey used them in the 1st generation show

In that replay your duel note is:
I have interest in badly designed custom cards.
You saw these cards as terrible, I saw them as ideas.

Return to “Spam Paradise”