if you could eliminate one video game from the face of all existance, what would it be and why?

Here you can discuss just about whatever you want
CrystalMusic
Mood:

if you could eliminate one video game from the face of all existance, what would it be and why?

Post #1 by CrystalMusic » Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:34 am

Id eliminate fortnite.
1: its stupid
2: its all kids talk about
3: there are games that are infinitely better like: Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Galaga, Pole Position, Dig Dug, Pac-man, World of Warcraft, League of Legends, Magic The Gathering, Yugioh (seriously id rather play yugioh as it is before i play Fortnite) Pokemon (both the games and the TCG) resident evil, left for dead, the OG Call of Duty games like World at War, Cod 4 MW. and many more.
4: its for virgins! (if this isnt allowed ill remove this reason)
“Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

KTeknis

Post #2 by KTeknis » Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:15 am

While I might have a hate for a certain game (I don't know yet), I don't want it to disappear entirely.
Fortnite has it's fan, and while they might be a bit immature, there are many that enjoy the games.
There are several people who have reported to liked a games that mainstream people hates.
For example, I like CNC Rivals.
I have interest in badly designed custom cards.
You saw these cards as terrible, I saw them as ideas.

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #3 by Lil Oldman » Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:34 am

Liking is subjective and for the many that would praise the death of something, there will always be many others who will be upset.
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."
Help I cannot remove this music from my head
https://youtu.be/ZuXI7qcNsHQ
Will try reviewing custom cards if they look interesting.

Darkraiclone
Mood:

Post #4 by Darkraiclone » Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:18 am

This isn't really a game but a game development mindset that just needs to go away. Microtransactions in full-priced games.
Now I'm not talking about microtransactions in free-to-play games mainly because companies behind those have to make money to keep them up somehow, I mean microtransactions in games that you paid full-price or more for to play.

Think about it like this, you pay around sixty or seventy dollars for a game (or more depending on where you are.) or possibly hundreds of dollars if you bought a special edition of the game, then once you boot it up, you run into a menu giving you the "option" to pay more money for something you just paid for.

Now some will make the argument that "It's all cosmetic and doesn't affect the state nor balance of the game" even though it may be true, it's still bullshit, and it's even worse when they offer you the premium currency in-game but give it to you in small amounts so you have to pay out real money for it to cut the time to get what you want in half, which is scummy.

And if it's not premium currency, it's loot boxes which were for a time a major offender as you would never know if the box you open will give you the skin or cosmetic you want or just a bunch of useless junk you're never going to use.

The reason I bring this up is that in the past when you got a rare cosmetic item, you actually had to work for it to earn it, and people wonder what all you had to go through to get it, nowadays when you see someone wearing a really flashy skin, you more or less ask how much money they had to spend on it or how much they had to blow on loot boxes to get it.
Everyone's favorite crybaby.

Renji Asuka

Post #5 by Renji Asuka » Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:44 am

Fortnite isn't that bad when you're just playing with a squad/trio/duo with friends. Its actually the only way I can even play fortnite.

Also, for you saying " the OG Call of Duty games like World at War, Cod 4 MW.", Sorry, CoD 4, and World at War are NOT OG CoD, only CoD 1 and 2 are OGs. (I haven't played CoD 3 since it was never released on PC as far as I know).
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

DuskWill

Post #6 by DuskWill » Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:53 pm

My personal Fortnite hate comes from the camera lock while moving; Other shooting games either has you run at maximum speed regardless of direction, like Counter Strike and Team Fortress, or others that can have you keep running while you hold Alt or something to rotate camera while you run.

Also, I despise how their Battle Royale concept boils down to wall and terrain building to block shooting and whatnot. Basically any other shooting BR game you play you worry to death to shoot or even move when you're the remaining 10 or fewer; You shoot, you give away your position and risk your life on it. I find it so less thrilling how people can get away with that on Fortnite by literally putting a wall between you and them. Still, I respect the skill you gotta have to build those efficiently and to win a game among pro players.

Having said that, I don't think terrible games should be erased from existence, since they at least serve as a standard to NOT develop games as such. Rushed games like Tony Hawk Pro Skater 5, terrible ones like Superman 64, Anthem (or any non-sport thing from EA Games) or bad releases like No Man's Sky have built a legacy in gaming and people's minds, so developers can make good ones or at least fix them, in the case of the latter example.

If people's opinion about something I find mediocre, at best, is generally good, I just let them be. In the past decade, specially online, people will settle down with mediocrity and don't try or even search for better alternatives. No wonder so many people are using WhatsApp and nothing else. Or Windows' native Groove Music and Movies & TV player. Or Apple products.

In the end, this personal hatred of mine only serves to treasure more the options I make and, occasionally, show to some users that there are alternatives, possibly better ones. If I resort to pure aversion to something, I end up missing the same opportunities I try to provide people, as I'm being blinded by hatred.
This is...
I saw the strategy I need!

greg503

Post #7 by greg503 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 2:22 pm

CrystalMusic wrote:Id eliminate fortnite.
3: there are games that are infinitely better like: Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Galaga, Pole Position, Dig Dug, Pac-man, World of Warcraft, League of Legends, Magic The Gathering, Yugioh (seriously id rather play yugioh as it is before i play Fortnite) Pokemon (both the games and the TCG) resident evil, left for dead, the OG Call of Duty games like World at War, Cod 4 MW. and many more.

Sounds like you don't like that it got popular, were you a Minecraft hater as well?
Buy Floowandereeze

greg503

Post #8 by greg503 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 2:26 pm

I'd eliminate Paper Mario Sticker Star, it's just the worst Paper Mario game
Buy Floowandereeze

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #9 by Lil Oldman » Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:09 pm

greg503 wrote:I'd eliminate Paper Mario Sticker Star, it's just the worst Paper Mario game

I liked it...
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."
Help I cannot remove this music from my head
https://youtu.be/ZuXI7qcNsHQ
Will try reviewing custom cards if they look interesting.

greg503

Post #10 by greg503 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:18 pm

Lil Oldman wrote:
greg503 wrote:I'd eliminate Paper Mario Sticker Star, it's just the worst Paper Mario game

I liked it...

Yes, but Color Splash is what I feel Sticker Star should have been, I like SS for being broken in its sequencing, not for being a Paper Mario game
Buy Floowandereeze

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #11 by CrystalMusic » Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:40 pm

greg503 wrote:

Sounds like you don't like that it got popular, were you a Minecraft hater as well?

are you kidding? i love minecraft! i have this really awesome castle build that i live streamed on my YT channel and its still not done, i still have another 58 buildings to add.
My castle has the following in its build:
2 working portcullis gates, 12 wall towers, a moat, the Union Jack (UK Flag) A barracks, A blacksmith, An animal shed, a market with a trading quarters, a fountain, a mini garden, 3 small stalls, a waterfall, and a beacon, a cathedral with working redstone belltower and an attached cemetery, an archery range, a tavern, a theatre, a bank, a tailor, a bakery, a butcher, a village with 2 village houses, 2 elevated houses, 2 ground bungalows, 2 rural house with 2 farms, 2 silos and 2 windmills all with working chimneys, a siege workshop, a stables, a lumber mill, a lumber yard, a spa, a dockyard, a dock yard market, an alchemist hut, a fletcher, 2 lion statues, a light house, a clinic, decor such as wheelbarrows, a pirates cove, a pirates ship, a mine, a quarry, an apple orchard, a keep with a great hall with griffon statues, grandfather clocks, a grand dining hall, a kitchen, a wizards lab with wizard statues and giant cauldron, a war room, a grand bedroom, a university, a royal court, an annex, a store room, a prison, king and queen statues, a dragons nest, a spa, several watch towers, an observatory, an arena, a thiefs hideout, an assassins hideout, a troll cave, a pheniox nest, a floating divine city, a slaves quarters, an execution block, pavilions and tents in the overworld, a garden maze, beacons made with netherrack, a yetis cave, a troll cave, a sirens cove, medusa, a werewolf cave, a vampire cave, a wolf den, a thunderbird nest, kthulu, a hyrda, a cerberus, a pheniox, a fortunetellers hut, battering rams, trebutchets, bastillas, battering rams, war ships, chariots, a volcano, a village that i remodeled into an elven style city, and more. and mind you this build is not done yet, i still have more to add.
“Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

Slitina

Post #12 by Slitina » Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:17 pm

Odd flex but ok but in all serious he complains us about having no life when he has all this.
Reincarnate from the flames! Reincarnation Link Summon! Be reborn! Link 3 Salamangreat Heatleo! Image

greg503

Post #13 by greg503 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:44 pm

CrystalMusic wrote:
greg503 wrote:

are you kidding? i love minecraft! i have this really awesome castle build that i live streamed on my YT channel and its still not done, i still have another 58 buildings to add.
My castle has the following in its build:
2 working portcullis gates, 12 wall towers, a moat, the Union Jack (UK Flag) A barracks, A blacksmith, An animal shed, a market with a trading quarters, a fountain, a mini garden, 3 small stalls, a waterfall, and a beacon, a cathedral with working redstone belltower and an attached cemetery, an archery range, a tavern, a theatre, a bank, a tailor, a bakery, a butcher, a village with 2 village houses, 2 elevated houses, 2 ground bungalows, 2 rural house with 2 farms, 2 silos and 2 windmills all with working chimneys, a siege workshop, a stables, a lumber mill, a lumber yard, a spa, a dockyard, a dock yard market, an alchemist hut, a fletcher, 2 lion statues, a light house, a clinic, decor such as wheelbarrows, a pirates cove, a pirates ship, a mine, a quarry, an apple orchard, a keep with a great hall with griffon statues, grandfather clocks, a grand dining hall, a kitchen, a wizards lab with wizard statues and giant cauldron, a war room, a grand bedroom, a university, a royal court, an annex, a store room, a prison, king and queen statues, a dragons nest, a spa, several watch towers, an observatory, an arena, a thiefs hideout, an assassins hideout, a troll cave, a pheniox nest, a floating divine city, a slaves quarters, an execution block, pavilions and tents in the overworld, a garden maze, beacons made with netherrack, a yetis cave, a troll cave, a sirens cove, medusa, a werewolf cave, a vampire cave, a wolf den, a thunderbird nest, kthulu, a hyrda, a cerberus, a pheniox, a fortunetellers hut, battering rams, trebutchets, bastillas, battering rams, war ships, chariots, a volcano, a village that i remodeled into an elven style city, and more. and mind you this build is not done yet, i still have more to add.

Cool, but my point is that you hate Fortnite because it's big and popular. It became a global sensation, despite being "stupid" so you want to complain about it
Buy Floowandereeze

james123
Mood:

Post #14 by james123 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:31 pm

I'd rather Eliminate any Mature Crap that gives me shivers down my Spine like RE and Silent Hill (and your ugly Ass)

(P.S. Fortnite is Dead because "Mr. Krabs is dead".)

KTeknis

Post #15 by KTeknis » Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:25 am

DuskWill, you know that No Man's Sky actually got an update and became good game?
I have interest in badly designed custom cards.
You saw these cards as terrible, I saw them as ideas.

DuskWill

Post #16 by DuskWill » Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:47 am

KTeknis wrote:DuskWill, you know that No Man's Sky actually got an update and became good game?

I know that. I tried to use it as an example of developers acknowledging that a game turned out bad and fixing it. Maybe I didn't express myself correctly.
This is...
I saw the strategy I need!

AnimeMasterDub

Post #17 by AnimeMasterDub » Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:08 pm

animal crossing reason why it just plain sucks

Christen57

Post #18 by Christen57 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:00 am

Super Smash Brothers Ultimate because it has bad online

AnimeMasterDub

Post #19 by AnimeMasterDub » Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:49 am

Christen57 wrote:Super Smash Brothers Ultimate because it has bad online

OBJECTION!!!! the only flaw with super smash bros ulitmate is that they didnt make Sora from Kingdom Hearts playable in Smash...yet

james123
Mood:

Post #20 by james123 » Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:59 pm

ARK: Survival Evolved because it's the only way you'll piss off crystalmusic

Return to “Spam Paradise”