what are some of your favorite songs of all time?

Here you can discuss just about whatever you want
CrystalMusic
Mood:

what are some of your favorite songs of all time?

Post #1 by CrystalMusic » Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:27 am

Please list the song name and the artist.

Ill list my top 10 favorites (end even why its in this list)
1: Circle of Life - Lebo M. (as a 90's kid Disney's The Lion King was and is my childhood! Lebo.M is the singer we hear in the movie, NOT ELTON JOHN!)
2: Lullaby For Princess - Ponyphonic (When i got into MLP, and im not ashamed of it, why should i be? I like what I like, I discovered this song by searching for fan-made music of the MLP Fandom and this song was the #1 fan-made song of the MLP Fandom. As for why I like the song so much? It reminds me of my long-lost sister, when i sing this song it just makes me think of her - i have many songs that remind me of family whom are no longer here in flesh and blood. It helps me keep their memory alive)
3: Brother my Brother - Blessid Union of Souls (Again as a 90's kid Pokemon was a huge part of my childhood, Pokemon the first movie will forever be in my top 5 movies of all time. This song has such a strong message: if we all put our differences aside, theres no telling what we all could accomplish together)
4: My Heart Will Go On - Celine Dion (yet another childhood song. I loved Titanic as a kid, I watched this movie every day. Not only is Titanic thee most famous shipwreck in history, its a tragic true story. When my aunt passed away when I was in my teens, This song always made me cry when it played, even when no song could make me cry prior to my aunts passing. I took this as a sign that the song was there to remind me of my aunt, and so, I dedicate the song to my aunt)
5: Heros Tonight - Janji (Great song, great singer, good beat)
6: In the Ghetto - Elvis Presley (DO i really need to explain this one? its The King of Rock and Roll! Hes a legend!!!Not to mention my grandma loved Elvis' music)
7: Face-up face Down - Darren Dunstan (no explanation needed here. Its Maximillion Pegasus!!!)
8: Larger than life - Backstreet Boys (90's nostalgia!)
9: {This position is tied with: Dark Lady - Cher. along with You Raise Me Up - Josh Groban} These 2 helped me discover when i was only 13 that i had a natural talent for singing. I started busking at the age of 15. I would go downtown and do my busking there right in front of city hall on the sidewalk)
10: Under a Violet Moon - Blackmore's Night (its got a Medieval feel to it. Makes me feel like im in some Dark Age Tavern or Hall. Seriously this song is awesome.
BONUS: Cherokee Nation - Paul Revere and The Raiders (As a Blackfoot Native American this song holds so much truth of what happened to me and my fellow native brethrens, we had our land stolen from us, our way of life changed, forced to relocate - the Trail of Tears, We are looked at as strangers in our own homeland, not to mention we were massacred and much, much more. The history of my people upon illegal immigration is a violent and sad one)

On a side note: if you are going to criticize or judge ones choice in music, keep it polite and respectful. Lets not start any arguments here!
Last edited by CrystalMusic on Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

LightCaster
Mood:

Post #2 by LightCaster » Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:37 am

CrystalMusic wrote:
On a side note: if you are going to criticize or judge ones choice in music, keep it polite and respectful. Lets not start any arguments here!

Says the gatekeeper.

KTeknis

Post #3 by KTeknis » Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:49 am

You know, my favorite music is usually instrumental stuff, like game soundtrack.
As for the mainstream songs, I like Animals by Muse (Reminds me of Lobotomy Corporation.), the Maroon 5 Animals is good too (Makes a good OP songs for a Werewolf-based series/anime)
I also likes Vocaloid's song, especially the one made by KIKUO.
I have interest in badly designed custom cards.
You saw these cards as terrible, I saw them as ideas.

Darkraiclone
Mood:

Post #4 by Darkraiclone » Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:50 am

CrystalMusic wrote:On a side note: if you are going to criticize or judge ones choice in music, keep it polite and respectful. Lets not start any arguments here!

Can we expect you to do the same?
Everyone's favorite crybaby.

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #5 by CrystalMusic » Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:54 am

KTeknis wrote:You know, my favorite music is usually instrumental stuff, like game soundtrack.
As for the mainstream songs, I like Animals by Muse (Reminds me of Lobotomy Corporation.), the Maroon 5 Animals is good too (Makes a good OP songs for a Werewolf-based series/anime)
I also likes Vocaloid's song, especially the one made by KIKUO.

i like instrumental music as it allows the listener to freely have their own input about the music.
“Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #6 by CrystalMusic » Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:55 am

Darkraiclone wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:On a side note: if you are going to criticize or judge ones choice in music, keep it polite and respectful. Lets not start any arguments here!

yes! youve got my word.

LightCaster
Mood:

Post #7 by LightCaster » Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:07 am

CrystalMusic wrote:
Darkraiclone wrote:

yes! youve got my word.

I'm holding you to that word.

My favorite song is Nightmare by Avenged Sevenfold but if you demand a top 10:

1. Nightmare by Avenged Sevenfold
2. Welcome to the Black Parade by My Chemical Romance
3. Emperor's New Clothes by Panic! at the Disco
4. Dr. Sunshine is Dead by Will Wood and the Tapeworms
5. Hey Bulldog by the Beatles
6. VS Mother Beast Lusamine by Junichi Masuda
7. Mrs. Pumpkin's Comical Dream by Hatsune Miku
8. Build Our Machine by DAGames
9. Discord by Eurobeat Pony and The Living Tombstone
10. Alastor's Game by The Living Tombstone.

Darkraiclone
Mood:

Post #8 by Darkraiclone » Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:19 am

My top 10 would be these.

1: Silent Hill 1 opening theme.
2: Dancing Mad, Distant Worlds remix.
3: Forces, Berserk.
4: Boulevard of Broken Dreams, Green Day.
5: I'm Blue, Eiffle 65.
6: King Nothing, Metallica.
7: Resist and Bite, Sabaton.
8: Indestructible, Disturbed.
9: Everybody Wants To Rule The World, Tears for Fears.
10: Traitor's Requiem, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Golden Wind.

LightCaster
Mood:

Post #9 by LightCaster » Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:23 am

Darkraiclone wrote:My top 10 would be these.

*cough cough* One-winged angel is cooler *cough cough*

Jk you can have your own opinion.

Darkraiclone
Mood:

Post #10 by Darkraiclone » Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:36 am

LightCaster wrote:
Darkraiclone wrote:My top 10 would be these.

*cough cough* One-winged angel is cooler *cough cough*

Jk you can have your own opinion.

True, but then again, they're both good in their own way.

Debt

Post #11 by Debt » Mon Dec 14, 2020 8:29 am

The Extreme and Dancing Mad>One Winged Angel

FF8's ost is underrated as a whole

Renji Asuka

Post #12 by Renji Asuka » Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:06 am

Are we talking original songs or covers?

If covers, https://www.youtube.com/user/jonathanyoungmusic Jonathan Young does a lot of great covers.

If originals....hmmm...

Can't really say tbh, I'm not too much into music. Just never clicked with me.
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

Renji Asuka

Post #13 by Renji Asuka » Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:13 am

CrystalMusic wrote:As a Blackfoot Native American this song holds so much truth of what happened to me and my fellow native brethrens, we had our land stolen from us, our way of life changed, forced to relocate, We are looked at as strangers in our own homeland, not to mention we were massacred and much, much more. The history of my people upon illegal immigration is a violent and sad one

And here I thought CrystalMusic made a decent thread.....

First of all the Native Americans never had the concept of personal property, they didn't OWN the land. Second, the land was CONQUERED. Meanwhile the Native Americans were literally slaughtering themselves in their pointless wars, raping the women of other tribes and in some cases participating in cannibalism. Hell the "Native Americans" never developed the wheel. They had a choice, side with the people with funny hats to help destroy their enemy or die. And that isn't even getting into the fact that land WAS purchased from the Native Americans, but because they had no idea what personal property was, they kept coming back not realizing what they did. Which unfortunately caused a huge headache for the settlers due to this fact.

In short, the Native Americans weren't "innocent" as you make them out to be. And this is coming from a man who is either 1/16th Cherokee or 1/32. (Had that conversation with my grandparents YEARS ago so I don't quite remember how much.)

DuskWill

Post #14 by DuskWill » Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:34 pm

Well, sharing this might be fun. My preferences in music are quite wide, even though I tend to like or focus in just a couple from each artist, so I made a top 10 of the ones I like it best that came to mind. If I had to include all the fandom songs I like, the list would be longer, but these 10 will do for now:

1. Don't Stop Me Now - Queen
2. Starry Starry Night - Don McLean
3. Butterfly (Digimon opening song) - Kōji Wada
4. I Believe I Can Fly - R. Kelly
5. Hotel California - Eagles
6. Vou Deixar - Skank
7. An Awful Lot of Running - Chameleon Circuit
8. Águas de Março - Tom Jobim
9. Dance Through the Danger - Shantae: Half Genie Hero (Vocals by Cristina Vee)
10. Clear Mind - Masaaki Endoh

They're not in any particular order, I didn't want to rank them all. That would take longer and potentially make me regret while choosing.
This is...
I saw the strategy I need!

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #15 by Lil Oldman » Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:50 pm

For the mayority I only listen to one composer and everything is instrumental so it might get a bit repetitivo, any ways
1- Entrusting this world to idols
2- Hidden Star in all seasons
3- Candid fríend
4- The song of the night sparrow
5- Lullaby of a deserted hell
6- Satori maiden
7- Cosmic mind
8- Thunderclouds of magic power
9- The sea where one's home planet reflects
10- Shoutoku legend
All of this are composed by the same guy, ZUN and this list isnt in a particular order, it comes hard for me to choose the absolute best,all of them are really good.

EDIT: Now that I finally found it, I also loved a remix from a childhood game. Here's the link if y'all want.
https://youtu.be/wDC8jrRYyG0
Last edited by Lil Oldman on Sat Dec 19, 2020 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."
Help I cannot remove this music from my head
https://youtu.be/ZuXI7qcNsHQ
Will try reviewing custom cards if they look interesting.

KTeknis

Post #16 by KTeknis » Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:53 pm

Lil Oldman wrote:For the mayority I only listen to one composer and everything is instrumental so it might get a bit repetitivo, any ways
1- Entrusting this world to idols
2- Hidden Star in all seasons
3- Candid fríend
4- The song of the night sparrow
5- Lullaby of a deserted hell
6- Satori maiden
7- Cosmic mind
8- Thunderclouds of magic power
9- The sea where one's home planet reflects
10- Shoutoku legend
All of this are composed by the same guy, ZUN and this list isnt in a particular order, it comes hard for me to choose the absolute best,all of them are really good.

Touhou song best SHMUP songs.
I think it's safe to say that you like all Touhou songs
I have interest in badly designed custom cards.
You saw these cards as terrible, I saw them as ideas.

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #17 by CrystalMusic » Mon Dec 14, 2020 4:40 pm

Renji Asuka wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:As a Blackfoot Native American this song holds so much truth of what happened to me and my fellow native brethrens, we had our land stolen from us, our way of life changed, forced to relocate, We are looked at as strangers in our own homeland, not to mention we were massacred and much, much more. The history of my people upon illegal immigration is a violent and sad one

First of all the Native Americans never had the concept of personal property, they didn't OWN the land. Second, the land was CONQUERED. Meanwhile the Native Americans were literally slaughtering themselves in their pointless wars, raping the women of other tribes and in some cases participating in cannibalism. Hell the "Native Americans" never developed the wheel. They had a choice, side with the people with funny hats to help destroy their enemy or die. And that isn't even getting into the fact that land WAS purchased from the Native Americans, but because they had no idea what personal property was, they kept coming back not realizing what they did. Which unfortunately caused a huge headache for the settlers due to this fact.

In short, the Native Americans weren't "innocent" as you make them out to be. And this is coming from a man who is either 1/16th Cherokee or 1/32. (Had that conversation with my grandparents YEARS ago so I don't quite remember how much.)

at least my people didnt start wars with other countries. all we had were our wars with other tribes if even that! And with that said, lets not turn this into an argument. I close my statement! have a nice day.

Renji Asuka

Post #18 by Renji Asuka » Mon Dec 14, 2020 8:00 pm

CrystalMusic wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:

at least my people didnt start wars with other countries. all we had were our wars with other tribes if even that! And with that said, lets not turn this into an argument. I close my statement! have a nice day.

Your point is irrelevant, they were quite savage and blood thirsty. If they were as technology advanced as say Britain at the time, I guarantee you they'd have went to war with other countries. And let's not forget, they chose to fight the settlers. It was only years later they realized they couldn't win.

DuskWill

Post #19 by DuskWill » Mon Dec 14, 2020 8:34 pm

Despite not being much into it, I'm a bit surprised no K-pop fan made an entry here yet. On the other hand, there's a healthy amount of Japanese artists being mentioned here...
This is...
I saw the strategy I need!

james123
Mood:

Post #20 by james123 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 8:55 pm

My favorites are ones I use when Testing Decks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AF4TxbAW-Y Robot Museum (GBA) (w/ Chain Strike to represent Patience)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_Hw_UC314M New Order - Confusion (Pump Panel Reconstruction) (w/ Sploder trying to do a Perfect OTK)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhHJsl3Zpag Tetris Type A (w/ Tetrominos cuz Self Explanitory)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUHJbMFnZEE Scorching Back (w/ Evil HEROes to explain what ever happened in their lore)

Return to “Spam Paradise”