what are some of your favorite songs of all time?

Here you can discuss just about whatever you want
Darkraiclone
Mood:

Re: what are some of your favorite songs of all time?

Post #21 by Darkraiclone » Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:28 am

Renji Asuka wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:And here I thought CrystalMusic made a decent thread.....

First of all the Native Americans never had the concept of personal property, they didn't OWN the land. Second, the land was CONQUERED. Meanwhile the Native Americans were literally slaughtering themselves in their pointless wars, raping the women of other tribes and in some cases participating in cannibalism. Hell the "Native Americans" never developed the wheel. They had a choice, side with the people with funny hats to help destroy their enemy or die. And that isn't even getting into the fact that land WAS purchased from the Native Americans, but because they had no idea what personal property was, they kept coming back not realizing what they did. Which unfortunately caused a huge headache for the settlers due to this fact.

In short, the Native Americans weren't "innocent" as you make them out to be. And this is coming from a man who is either 1/16th Cherokee or 1/32. (Had that conversation with my grandparents YEARS ago so I don't quite remember how much.)

at least my people didnt start wars with other countries. all we had were our wars with other tribes if even that! And with that said, lets not turn this into an argument. I close my statement! have a nice day.

Your point is irrelevant, they were quite savage and blood thirsty. If they were as technology advanced as say Britain at the time, I guarantee you they'd have went to war with other countries. And let's not forget, they chose to fight the settlers. It was only years later they realized they couldn't win.

He does make a good point, those who are capable of war can still make war, it is the nature of all living things, not just humans.
Everyone's favorite crybaby.

Renji Asuka

Post #22 by Renji Asuka » Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:41 am

Darkraiclone wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:
at least my people didnt start wars with other countries. all we had were our wars with other tribes if even that! And with that said, lets not turn this into an argument. I close my statement! have a nice day.

Your point is irrelevant, they were quite savage and blood thirsty. If they were as technology advanced as say Britain at the time, I guarantee you they'd have went to war with other countries. And let's not forget, they chose to fight the settlers. It was only years later they realized they couldn't win.

He does make a good point, those who are capable of war can still make war, it is the nature of all living things, not just humans.

His entire argument amounted to "HAHAHA! At least Native Americans didn't wage war on another country!" despite him supporting rapists, murderers, and cannibals.
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

troglyte
Mood:

Post #23 by troglyte » Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:45 am

glad to see things have come back to a semblance of normalcy
Crab Turtle respects your pronouns.
he/him
Sign the Crab Turtle petition here! http://chng.it/J4rvHFFfZG

Darkraiclone
Mood:

Post #24 by Darkraiclone » Tue Dec 15, 2020 4:53 am

Renji Asuka wrote:
Darkraiclone wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:Your point is irrelevant, they were quite savage and blood thirsty. If they were as technology advanced as say Britain at the time, I guarantee you they'd have went to war with other countries. And let's not forget, they chose to fight the settlers. It was only years later they realized they couldn't win.

His entire argument amounted to "HAHAHA! At least Native Americans didn't wage war on another country!" despite him supporting rapists, murderers, and cannibals.

I know, and I agree that if they had the technological know-how, then they most definitely would have like everyone else. Just because they couldn't, doesn't mean they wouldn't if they had the ability to do so. All it takes is one person to get the gears turning.
Everyone's favorite crybaby.

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #25 by CrystalMusic » Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:42 pm

how could i forget this song from Dead Island: "Who do you voodoo, Bitch!"
Disclaimer: thats the name of the song. im not calling anyone the B word.
Last edited by CrystalMusic on Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

LightCaster
Mood:

Post #26 by LightCaster » Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:52 am

CrystalMusic wrote:how could i forget this song from Dead Island: "Who do you voodoo, B****!"

Why are you censoring yourself?

troglyte
Mood:

Post #27 by troglyte » Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:28 am

leave it to the db forums to take a Favorite Music thread and turn it into a debate about the destruction of Native American Civilization
Crab Turtle respects your pronouns.
he/him
Sign the Crab Turtle petition here! http://chng.it/J4rvHFFfZG

greg503

Post #28 by greg503 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:15 pm

LightCaster wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:how could i forget this song from Dead Island: "Who do you voodoo, B****!"

Because he thinks people here are too stupid to figure out the context of the word
Buy Floowandereeze

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #29 by CrystalMusic » Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:21 pm

greg503 wrote:
LightCaster wrote:

Because he thinks people here are too stupid to figure out the context of the word

what did i say? dont start anything here. i didnt make this thread to start stuff with ppl. i made this thread so ppl can share their favorite music
“Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

greg503

Post #30 by greg503 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:30 pm

CrystalMusic wrote:
greg503 wrote:
LightCaster wrote:

what did i say? dont start anything here. i didnt make this thread to start stuff with ppl. i made this thread so ppl can share their favorite music

At this point in time, EVERYTHING you do on this forum starts stuff with people. Can you honestly say that you are surprised at this point?
Buy Floowandereeze

LightCaster
Mood:

Post #31 by LightCaster » Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:42 pm

CrystalMusic wrote:
greg503 wrote:
LightCaster wrote:

So that very obvious argument between you and Renji because you keep claiming to be an indian never happened?

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #32 by CrystalMusic » Sat Dec 19, 2020 1:24 am

LightCaster wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:
greg503 wrote:Because he thinks people here are too stupid to figure out the context of the word

So that very obvious argument between you and Renji because you keep claiming to be an indian never happened?

1: its Native American, get it right. "Indian" is the word Columbus called my people because he though he had reached the shores of South Asia. Convinced he was correct, Columbus fostered the use of the Indos to refer to the peoples of the so-called New World. we are called Native Americans, Indigenous, or First Nations. the term "indian" when reffering to my people is wrong and just plain rude!
2: im not claiming to be Native American. I AM Native American, I'm both Blackfoot and Cherokee

Lil Oldman
Mood:

Post #33 by Lil Oldman » Sat Dec 19, 2020 1:34 am

CrystalMusic wrote:
LightCaster wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:

1: its Native American, get it right. "Indian" is the word Columbus called my people because he though he had reached the shores of South Asia. Convinced he was correct, Columbus fostered the use of the Indos to refer to the peoples of the so-called New World. we are called Native Americans, Indigenous, or First Nations. the term "indian" when reffering to my people is wrong and just plain rude!
2: im not claiming to be Native American. I AM Native American, I'm both Blackfoot and Cherokee

Both Native and Indian mean the same you iodot
"Complacency? How rude. I live the stifling life of a high school student in our problematic modern society."
Help I cannot remove this music from my head
https://youtu.be/ZuXI7qcNsHQ
Will try reviewing custom cards if they look interesting.

DuskWill

Post #34 by DuskWill » Sat Dec 19, 2020 1:35 am

CrystalMusic wrote:
LightCaster wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:

I thought Christopher Columbus never set foot in North America.
This is...
I saw the strategy I need!

KTeknis

Post #35 by KTeknis » Sat Dec 19, 2020 2:36 am

lalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalala
I have interest in badly designed custom cards.
You saw these cards as terrible, I saw them as ideas.

LightCaster
Mood:

Post #36 by LightCaster » Sat Dec 19, 2020 3:06 am

CrystalMusic wrote:
LightCaster wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:

Again. You've lied so much that it's borderline impossible to discern you telling the truth from telling another lie. So you taking offense to being is like me saying I'm Japanese because I learned the language, and then being offended when someone says "Ching chong ching" to me. Also, did you even read my entire question?

Debt

Post #37 by Debt » Sat Dec 19, 2020 4:08 am

Actually go to a reservation and talk to the people. They tend not to like the phrase Native American and actually prefer Indian over it. At no point did they ask to be called Native Americans, it's just another term forced upon them by outsiders that sounds more polite than Indian.

NiwatoriFTW

Post #38 by NiwatoriFTW » Sat Dec 19, 2020 4:44 am

Debt wrote:Actually go to a reservation and talk to the people. They tend not to like the phrase Native American and actually prefer Indian over it. At no point did they ask to be called Native Americans, it's just another term forced upon them by outsiders that sounds more polite than Indian.

I'm pretty sure Blackfoot people also have a distinct way of referring to themselves other than some term that came from an outside language. It wouldn't be impossible to anglicise it anyway, like with "Cherokee".

Speaking of which, I did a quick research about that song from Paul Revere and The Raiders and it seems that there are many critiques about the inaccuracy (and some stereotypes) in the lyrics, such as referring to the recognized Indian Tribes as "reservations". Kinda makes it seem more like an appeal to emotion than something to promote pride.

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #39 by CrystalMusic » Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:33 pm

and this thread got derailed all due to Renji, because I put down the truth of why "Cherokee Nation" by Paul Revere and The Raiders means alot to me. Im sorry that the truth bothers you so much!

NiwatoriFTW

Post #40 by NiwatoriFTW » Sat Dec 19, 2020 7:11 pm

CrystalMusic wrote:and this thread got derailed all due to Renji, because I put down the truth of why "Cherokee Nation" by Paul Revere and The Raiders means alot to me. Im sorry that the truth bothers you so much!

I suppose feelings will always trump over historical facts, regarding people's opinions, anyway.

Return to “Spam Paradise”