Just a DBZ/DBS Post

Here you can discuss just about whatever you want
CrystalMusic
Mood:

Just a DBZ/DBS Post

Post #1 by CrystalMusic » Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:36 am

Ok. so we have MUI Grand Priest Goku. As we all know the grand priest is higher than zeno, if grand priest goes, zeno goes with him. What this means? Grand Priest is the highest level of authority of the multiverse.

Now think of it this way. Goku has his MUI technique (its not a form its a technique!) Imagine if Vegeta was able to learn UI and then Master it. Now we have MUI Vegeta. Vegeta was also a Grand Priest. Viola! MUI Grand Priest Vegeta!

Now to finalize this, Petora MUI Grand Priest Goku & MUI Grand Priest Vegeta: MUI Grand Priest Vegito!
Ummmmmm, yeah. You're screwed! No one except Super Shenron (with a wish to erase MUI Grand Priest Vegito) could touch MUI Grand Priest Vegito.
“Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

troglyte
Mood:

Post #2 by troglyte » Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:00 am

I thought Heroes was not canon.

The animation makes super look competent.

Regardless, Dragon Ball is in a pretty comfortable position right now. So long as they don't mess up too bad, they can basically do whatever they want with the franchise.
Crab Turtle respects your pronouns.
he/him
Sign the Crab Turtle petition here! http://chng.it/J4rvHFFfZG

troglyte
Mood:

Post #3 by troglyte » Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:19 pm

I'm necroposting with a purpose, guys!

So I've started reading the Granola Arc, month to month. Dragon Ball is in a very strange state right now. The manga and anime cover the same arcs, but different things happen in each medium. As a fan, I can simply pick and choose what's canon now. I don't like the Tournament of Power filler in the anime? No problem, the manga cuts it all out by eliminating all the jobbers at once.

As for the Granola Arc, I find myself fascinated. It feels like there's an intelligence behind the story that I normally don't associate with Dragon Ball. The gears are turning in ways that intrigue me. I'll be back to update y'all whether not the ending was worth it, maybe in like a year or so.
he/him

AnimeMasterDub

Post #4 by AnimeMasterDub » Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:59 am

anyone wished that they continued the dbs series

greg503

Post #5 by greg503 » Thu Jun 24, 2021 12:50 pm

AnimeMasterDub wrote:anyone wished that they continued the dbs series

It is continuing soon
Buy Floowandereeze

troglyte
Mood:

Post #6 by troglyte » Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:45 pm

My guess is that the anime will start up once they feel they have enough content. Perhaps once the Granola Arc is done.

Speaking of which, I never did read the Moro Arc.
he/him

troglyte
Mood:

Post #7 by troglyte » Sun Aug 08, 2021 8:12 pm

Granola's selfish desire for revenge has lead him down a path of terrible decisions that will ultimately lead to his destruction. His shady employers, the Heeters, are more than happy to manipulate Granola for their own plans to take over the galaxy. Will Vegeta and Goku be able to save Granola from himself before it's too late?
he/him

AnimeMasterDub

Post #8 by AnimeMasterDub » Mon Aug 09, 2021 6:12 pm

tbh the last thing i saw in dbs was the tournament of power arc

troglyte
Mood:

Post #9 by troglyte » Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:23 pm

AnimeMasterDub wrote:tbh the last thing i saw in dbs was the tournament of power arc

Vegeta's new purple form with the 'ssj3 no-eyebrows' looks sick. I'm excited to see it in action.
he/him

troglyte
Mood:

Post #10 by troglyte » Thu Aug 19, 2021 4:25 am

Vegeta's emotional maturity is on full display in the Granola Arc. I am genuinely impressed.

This arc pays off some of the development he had in the Moro Arc. Vegeta is learning to shed his guilt of the past, allowing himself to become the egotistical badass he used to be. It's a mindset similar to Majin Vegeta, but far more mature and unclouded by hate.

Contrast this with Granola. His narrow-minded desire for revenge is slowly turning him into the very monster he believes the Saiyans are. Notice how in Ch 75 that he purposefully destroys the ruins of his lost civilization, a place of sentimental value to him. This could be a sign of him slowly unraveling. If his Namekian friend can't get Granola to see reason, no one can.

The fight is close, and Vegeta is at a clear disadvantage now. We'll have to wait and see how it plays out.

Meanwhile, what are the Heeter's plans for the Dragon Balls?
he/him

greg503

Post #11 by greg503 » Thu Aug 19, 2021 1:58 pm

Since were going full spoilers in this thread, to quote Twitter: "Ultra Ego is a stupid name #NotMyVegeta"
Buy Floowandereeze

DuskWill

Post #12 by DuskWill » Fri Aug 20, 2021 12:03 am

greg503 wrote:Since were going full spoilers in this thread, to quote Twitter: "Ultra Ego is a stupid name #NotMyVegeta"

Well, blame the translators. They had to make a bad adaptation based on a loose translation they've done earlier. Almost identical to what happens in Yu-Gi-Oh!, actually.
This is...
I saw the strategy I need!

greg503

Post #13 by greg503 » Fri Aug 20, 2021 2:23 am

DuskWill wrote:
greg503 wrote:Since were going full spoilers in this thread, to quote Twitter: "Ultra Ego is a stupid name #NotMyVegeta"

Well, blame the translators. They had to make a bad adaptation based on a loose translation they've done earlier. Almost identical to what happens in Yu-Gi-Oh!, actually.

I don't actually mind the name, that's why I quoted some Twitter reactions
Buy Floowandereeze

troglyte
Mood:

Post #14 by troglyte » Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:02 pm

Granola's power has been unleashed!! Can Ultra Ego Vegeta keep up with Granola at full power? And what are the Heeter's plans for the dragon balls? Find out TOMORROW in the DRAGON BALL SUPER MANGA!!
he/him

troglyte
Mood:

Post #15 by troglyte » Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:17 pm

Interesting how they are incorporating Bardock into Granola's past. Certainly not the same Bardock that we were expecting. That being said, it's great to see Bardock being reincorporated into the canon. And I for one would have appreciated seeing that off-screen fight between Bardock and the Heeter bodyguard. Maybe they'll revisit it in a later chapter...
he/him

LightCaster
Mood:

Post #16 by LightCaster » Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:14 am

CrystalMusic wrote:Ok. so we have MUI Grand Priest Goku. As we all know the grand priest is higher than zeno, if grand priest goes, zeno goes with him. What this means? Grand Priest is the highest level of authority of the multiverse.

Now think of it this way. Goku has his MUI technique (its not a form its a technique!) Imagine if Vegeta was able to learn UI and then Master it. Now we have MUI Vegeta. Vegeta was also a Grand Priest. Viola! MUI Grand Priest Vegeta!

Now to finalize this, Petora MUI Grand Priest Goku & MUI Grand Priest Vegeta: MUI Grand Priest Vegito!
Ummmmmm, yeah. You're screwed! No one except Super Shenron (with a wish to erase MUI Grand Priest Vegito) could touch MUI Grand Priest Vegito.

But that's Dragon Ball Heroes. It's technically not canon to the main series. Vegeta attains, in the main series, a form called Ultra Ego. Which is a God of Destruction level form.

KTeknis

Post #17 by KTeknis » Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:48 am

Just asking a little question that's probably controversial: What do you think about fanmade material, like Dragon Ball AF?
When I was a child I played with my friend a Dragon Ball fighting game on PS2. Decades later I remembered it and tried to search it.
I was surprised to see that the one I played before isn't the original Budokai, but the modded version of it based on Dragon Ball AF.
I have interest in badly designed custom cards.
You saw these cards as terrible, I saw them as ideas.

DuskWill

Post #18 by DuskWill » Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:36 am

KTeknis wrote:Just asking a little question that's probably controversial: What do you think about fanmade material, like Dragon Ball AF?
When I was a child I played with my friend a Dragon Ball fighting game on PS2. Decades later I remembered it and tried to search it.
I was surprised to see that the one I played before isn't the original Budokai, but the modded version of it based on Dragon Ball AF.

That was probably not directed at me, but I'm going to share my opinion anyway.

Back in the day, I was always conflictual with fanmade material. I didn't fancy DB AF essentially because, regarding media, it was all teasing and no material. The storyline was inexplicable and it felt like the Sonic fandom in DeviantArt, as essentially everyone with a drop of Saiyajin blood was getting a transformation. It didn't help much being set after GT which itself could be considered fanmade material. Perhaps this feeling was lost while growing up, but since I hadn't have much contact with Dragon Ball franchise, aside Super, I can't really say if I enjoy it or not.

That being said, I didn't follow Dragon Ball Heroes yet essentially because it took me quite too long to acknowledge it existed. I'll check it out sometime soon, but from what I've seen the production looks great. And it may have sounded that I didn't like GT, which I did. It's just that the storyline felt weird: First it was mostly story (about the universe, in which nothing out there was of any significance later, aside from Baby and, possibly, Dr. Myuu) with a few serious fights. Then, they tried to reduce the story as best as they could and insert as many fights as possible at once with Android 17 and the Evil Dragons.

Still, GT had great moments, a lovely opening song, good attempts of closure for some characters (except Piccolo) and great fights as well. Even though I don't fancy any game or material using concepts from GT, I'm always open to watch it again and relive that saga like I watched as a kid.
This is...
I saw the strategy I need!

troglyte
Mood:

Post #19 by troglyte » Fri Oct 29, 2021 10:18 pm

DuskWill wrote:
KTeknis wrote:Just asking a little question that's probably controversial: What do you think about fanmade material, like Dragon Ball AF?

Back in the day, I was always conflictual with fanmade material. I didn't fancy DB AF essentially because, regarding media, it was all teasing and no material. The storyline was inexplicable and it felt like the Sonic fandom in DeviantArt, as essentially everyone with a drop of Saiyajin blood was getting a transformation. It didn't help much being set after GT which itself could be considered fanmade material. Perhaps this feeling was lost while growing up, but since I hadn't have much contact with Dragon Ball franchise, aside Super, I can't really say if I enjoy it or not.

That being said, I didn't follow Dragon Ball Heroes yet essentially because it took me quite too long to acknowledge it existed. I'll check it out sometime soon, but from what I've seen the production looks great. And it may have sounded that I didn't like GT, which I did. It's just that the storyline felt weird: First it was mostly story (about the universe, in which nothing out there was of any significance later, aside from Baby and, possibly, Dr. Myuu) with a few serious fights. Then, they tried to reduce the story as best as they could and insert as many fights as possible at once with Android 17 and the Evil Dragons.

Still, GT had great moments, a lovely opening song, good attempts of closure for some characters (except Piccolo) and great fights as well. Even though I don't fancy any game or material using concepts from GT, I'm always open to watch it again and relive that saga like I watched as a kid.

So long as things don't get too out of hand, I'd say fanmade material is mostly harmless, and simply a sign of a healthy, passionate fanbase. At its best, it can enhance fan appreciation of the source material. A great example would be TFS's Abridged Series. Even Toyotaro, one of the assistants for Super was once a DB fan artist himself.

As for GT, I'm mixed. As a whole, I don't like it, but I like bits and pieces of it. SSJ4, Baby, Super 17, the Shadow Dragons, I like them in theory, but I was disappointed in their execution. I would prefer these ideas be incorporated into the canon as opposed to just remaking them. In some ways, that is happening already. Granola has similar motivations to Baby from GT and Goku Black is basically Super's version of Xicor from AF.
he/him

LightCaster
Mood:

Post #20 by LightCaster » Sat Nov 06, 2021 8:14 am

troglyte wrote:
DuskWill wrote:

So long as things don't get too out of hand, I'd say fanmade material is mostly harmless, and simply a sign of a healthy, passionate fanbase. At its best, it can enhance fan appreciation of the source material. A great example would be TFS's Abridged Series. Even Toyotaro, one of the assistants for Super was once a DB fan artist himself.

As for GT, I'm mixed. As a whole, I don't like it, but I like bits and pieces of it. SSJ4, Baby, Super 17, the Shadow Dragons, I like them in theory, but I was disappointed in their execution. I would prefer these ideas be incorporated into the canon as opposed to just remaking them. In some ways, that is happening already. Granola has similar motivations to Baby from GT and Goku Black is basically Super's version of Xicor from AF.

MHA Fandom better be taking notes right now.

Return to “Spam Paradise”