Just a DBZ/DBS Post

Here you can discuss just about whatever you want
KTeknis

Re: Just a DBZ/DBS Post

Post #21 by KTeknis » Sat Nov 06, 2021 8:38 am

LightCaster wrote:MHA Fandom better be taking notes right now.

What happened to MHA Fandom?
I have interest in badly designed custom cards.
You saw these cards as terrible, I saw them as ideas.

greg503

Post #22 by greg503 » Sat Nov 06, 2021 2:09 pm

KTeknis wrote:

Mediocre movies
Buy Floowandereeze

LightCaster
Mood:

Post #23 by LightCaster » Sun Nov 07, 2021 2:52 am

KTeknis wrote:

Very toxic behavior such as threatening the creator over ships. Starting unwarranted shipping wars. There was an attempt to make MHA's fandom the ONLY fandom and they started with JoJo's Bizzare Adventure's fandom and that failed royally. According to the toxic side of the MHA fandom, you're not allowed to make any heterosexual ships or claim that any of the male characters are straight in any capacity.

KTeknis

Post #24 by KTeknis » Sun Nov 07, 2021 3:28 am

greg503 wrote:Mediocre movies

LightCaster wrote:Very toxic behavior such as threatening the creator over ships. Starting unwarranted shipping wars. There was an attempt to make MHA's fandom the ONLY fandom and they started with JoJo's Bizzare Adventure's fandom and that failed royally. According to the toxic side of the MHA fandom, you're not allowed to make any heterosexual ships or claim that any of the male characters are straight in any capacity.

O u c h i e
u
c
h
i
e

LightCaster
Mood:

Post #25 by LightCaster » Sun Nov 07, 2021 3:42 am

greg503 wrote:
KTeknis wrote:

Mediocre movies

the most recent one wasn't that bad...

troglyte
Mood:

Post #26 by troglyte » Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:08 pm

Looks like the first half of the Granolah Arc has come to a close. Granolah is probably going to team up with Goku and Vegeta to fight the Heeters for the Dragon Balls.

What do you think the Heeters want to wish for?
Crab Turtle respects your pronouns.
he/him
Sign the Crab Turtle petition here! http://chng.it/J4rvHFFfZG

DuskWill

Post #27 by DuskWill » Tue Nov 16, 2021 5:14 am

troglyte wrote:Looks like the first half of the Granolah Arc has come to a close. Granolah is probably going to team up with Goku and Vegeta to fight the Heeters for the Dragon Balls.

What do you think the Heeters want to wish for?

If I had to guess, they would wish for a Kaioshin to be teleported there. Once that happens, Gas would remove one of their potara earrings and put on himself, resulting in a fusion. The alternative would be wishing for Gas to be fused with Seven-Three instead.

I'm just assuming that the Heeters may have gotten info on recent enemies that both Goku and Vegeta struggled against and couldn't even defeat. Moro is a bit out of question, considering how he was erased, but Seven-Three copied his magic and combat ability, so it should be good enough. The kaioshin and potara earrings would be a nod to Zamasu, but that part is already questionable, at least.

They may be aware that Toronbo can't actually grant wishes that surpass its dragon balls' creator, so they will probably ask for the best way to assure Gas to be the strongest, seeing how Granolah became through a wish. However, they are also aware of the lifespan limitation that comes with it, so they will probably ask for an alternative way to make Gas the strongest, which I highly assume to be through some sort of fusion. Since Toronbo may not be actually able to force a fusion with a conscious and most likely stronger being like a kaioshin, it might be just possible to teleport one of them there and Gas do the rest.

All things considered, I'm expecting seeing some sort of Gas 73 anytime soon.
This is...
I saw the strategy I need!

DuskWill

Post #28 by DuskWill » Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:49 pm

Well, I was wrong. Occam's razor for the win, I guess...
This is...

troglyte
Mood:

Post #29 by troglyte » Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:52 pm

DuskWill wrote:Well, I was wrong. Occam's razor for the win, I guess...

A bit disappointing, to be sure. Really just shows the power of the Dragon Balls is very much like the Green Lantern Rings in that they are limited by one's imagination...

Regardless, I liked the bit where Vegeta gives Granolah the senzu bean. At the very least, this sets up a one-on-one fight between two characters that do NOT include Goku or Vegeta.

Vegeta vs Granolah was the peak moment of this arc. Here's hoping it's not all downhill from here.
he/him

DuskWill

Post #30 by DuskWill » Sat Nov 20, 2021 12:12 am

I gotta say, though, I'm curious about the whole deal with Gas and Bardock back then. I mean, did Monaito acknowledged that Gas had, what, incredibly longevity and that his power would only grow from that point on?

Or was it something VERY disappointing, like Elec not allowing Gas go all out and have Freeza's army know about his power level?
This is...

troglyte
Mood:

Post #31 by troglyte » Fri Dec 17, 2021 2:16 am

Who do you think will win? Granolah or Gas?

Both received great power from the Dragon Balls, but who made the better bargain? Or is there a weakness that Granolah can exploit?

Will Goku and Vegeta be able to recover in time to help?

What about the leader of the Heeters and 73? Where has he run off to?
he/him

troglyte
Mood:

Post #32 by troglyte » Sat Jun 11, 2022 10:38 pm

A new movie came out recently, Dragon Ball Super, Super Hero

I haven't seen it yet (not sure how I'm going to anyhow), but I found it interesting because all the marketing has been focused exclusively on Gohan, and from what I understand, Goku and Vegeta have an extremely limited role in the movie. As a Gohan fan, I'm all for it, but what is this leading to? I do like the idea of the movies giving the spotlight to the rest of the cast. A huge problem Dragon Ball has always has is that it does not know how to manage its large cast of characters. A possible solution to this is the movies. The manga/anime can focus on the story of goku/vegeta while the movies focus on different characters. The current Borly could carry an entire movie on his own without Goku or Vegeta. People want to see Gohan do things. I think there's potential with this kind of format.
he/him

PENMASTER

Post #33 by PENMASTER » Sat Jun 18, 2022 6:03 am

KTeknis wrote:

their all in prison
im sure you know why
love2hate

KTeknis

Post #34 by KTeknis » Sat Jun 18, 2022 11:30 am

PENMASTER wrote:their all in prison
im sure you know why

A bit of a late response but thanks anyway.

troglyte
Mood:

Post #35 by troglyte » Tue Jul 19, 2022 6:43 pm

1 day before the next chapter, so I'm here to hype myself up.

The final(??) battle between Goku and Gas is under way! Having learned about his father Bardock, Goku now knows the meaning of saiyan pride! And that pride has allowed him to gain the upper hand! Unable to truly remain calm to fully utilize UI, Goku instead resorts to UI Sign to fully harness his raw emotions into power! The gambit works, and Gas is now on the ropes. Gas pushes past his limits by using his own life energy as fuel! The clock is ticking for Gas. Who will come out victorious?!

(Oh also Granola is literally sleeping at home, because this is called the Granolah Arc! To be fair, Gas beat him pretty bad.)
he/him

troglyte
Mood:

Post #36 by troglyte » Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:38 pm

The Granolah/World's Strongest Arc has officially ended! My parting thoughts.

Despite the name, this arc was very clearly about developing Goku and Vegeta. Vegeta finally comes to terms with his past by fighting Granolah and achieving Ultra Ego. Although he did not beat Granolah, Vegeta taught him a valuable lesson about vengeance. How shortsighted it makes you, how it gives you tunnel vision. By taking the fight to the city, Vegeta forced Granolah to realize that caring for those around you is more important than hating your enemies.

Goku for much of this arc is trying to further his mastery of ultra instinct. Whis reveals that Goku instinctively thinks of UI as another transformation, when in reality it's something he can use in ANY form. Goku needs to find his own version of the Ultra Instinct. While he doesn't achieve that, he takes steps in that direction. The subplot with Bardock inspires Goku to utilize his raw emotions into the UI transformation, giving himself a power boost. It's not much, but it's all we got for Goku.

This last chapter confirmed something about the Heeters that was gnawing at me for awhile. The Heeters are not as smart nor as powerful as they think they are. They had all the info and resources to accomplish their goal, but they screwed it all up.

And finally, Frieza. Is. Black!
he/him

greg503

Post #37 by greg503 » Sat Aug 20, 2022 12:58 am

Buy Floowandereeze

troglyte
Mood:

Post #38 by troglyte » Fri Sep 23, 2022 6:23 pm

Here are my issues with bringing back Frieza in DBS.

I don't care for the Revival of F storyline. Actually, my biggest issues with that arc are the fact that the majority of it happens off-screen. We don't get to see Goku and Vegeta learn how to reach Blue, we don't get to see Frieza achieve his gold form. We are just told they trained super hard. It's even more offensive than the Hyperbolic Time Chamber plot device because their training happens in real time. At least in the Time Chamber we got to see tidbits of what exactly they were working towards.

I do find it clever that Frieza achieves his gold form through basic training. Most DB antagonists get stronger through dumb bs like absorbing people, draining their energy, or using the Dragon Balls. But this does lead to my biggest issue with revived Frieza. Much like Tien and Vegeta, it appears to me that Frieza is being positioned less as a villain and more a villain turned rival. Considering his history, this disgusts me. At least Tien was a strong martial artist with bad teachers, and Vegeta is Vegeta. Frieza is a megalomaniacal dictator who has no issues committing mass murder. Not saying it can’t work, but you’re gonna have to work really hard to sell me on the idea. We will have to wait and see what the next major story arc in DBS will be. Will Black Frieza actually be involved, or was this just another pointless color palette swap?
he/him

Renji Asuka

Post #39 by Renji Asuka » Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:04 pm

troglyte wrote:Here are my issues with bringing back Frieza in DBS.

I don't care for the Revival of F storyline. Actually, my biggest issues with that arc are the fact that the majority of it happens off-screen. We don't get to see Goku and Vegeta learn how to reach Blue, we don't get to see Frieza achieve his gold form. We are just told they trained super hard. It's even more offensive than the Hyperbolic Time Chamber plot device because their training happens in real time. At least in the Time Chamber we got to see tidbits of what exactly they were working towards.

I do find it clever that Frieza achieves his gold form through basic training. Most DB antagonists get stronger through dumb bs like absorbing people, draining their energy, or using the Dragon Balls. But this does lead to my biggest issue with revived Frieza. Much like Tien and Vegeta, it appears to me that Frieza is being positioned less as a villain and more a villain turned rival. Considering his history, this disgusts me. At least Tien was a strong martial artist with bad teachers, and Vegeta is Vegeta. Frieza is a megalomaniacal dictator who has no issues committing mass murder. Not saying it can’t work, but you’re gonna have to work really hard to sell me on the idea. We will have to wait and see what the next major story arc in DBS will be. Will Black Frieza actually be involved, or was this just another pointless color palette swap?

Like, I seen the movie, watched the anime.

I recently tried to read the manga. I liked the difference with Beerus' reason to destroy that planet that he was introduced to the reader.

Then I get to like chapter 5. Goku and Vegeta already reach Super Saiyan Blue.

I felt like I missed an entire fucking arc.

Because of this I refuse to read the manga. The writer should had done better, cause if you didn't watch Revival of F you would have no idea what happened.
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

Return to “Spam Paradise”