Your way of declaring card effect?

Here you can discuss just about whatever you want
KTeknis

Your way of declaring card effect?

Post #1 by KTeknis » Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:53 am

Usually people would type "eff" or using the declare button to say that they are activating their card effect, but for some reason I uses a very convoluted and detailed way:

When I would activate a card from the field, I use the declare button on it, then type in "Eff (card effect)", So let's say I use a monster eff to special summon a monster from GY, i declare that monster, then types "Eff GY SS". The same goes for Spell/Traps that is activated from hand/set, but without the declare button.
For card that activates in GY or Banished, i types "(Card name) eff in GY/Banish (card effect)", for example, when i use Metalfoes Fusion effect in GY, i type in "Metalf Fusion eff in GY draw 1 card"
For card that discard itself, i use the word "Discard/Handtrap eff (card effect)" for example, activating Thunder Dragon eff i type in "Discard eff search copy", the exception is Special Summoning from hand, in which case I just type "SS from hand"

Well, that's my over convoluted way of declaring card effect, but since I usually duel in Custom, it won't hurt to help your opponent understand your card effects a bit.

Do you have your own way of declaring card effect?
I have interest in badly designed custom cards.
You saw these cards as terrible, I saw them as ideas.

Renji Asuka

Post #2 by Renji Asuka » Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:38 am

I state part of their name then effect afterwards. Like

Me: Towers Effect
Me: k?

In reference to Apoqliphort Towers.
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

Slitina

Post #3 by Slitina » Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:39 pm

Same^
Reincarnate from the flames! Reincarnation Link Summon! Be reborn! Link 3 Salamangreat Heatleo! Image

james123
Mood:

Post #4 by james123 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:56 pm

I always say "Agree?" for Response after clicking eff

KTeknis

Post #5 by KTeknis » Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:25 am

Oh, i forgot about the asking for response one, but usually i would just wait for 5 - 10 second before finally resolving.
I have interest in badly designed custom cards.
You saw these cards as terrible, I saw them as ideas.

Renji Asuka

Post #6 by Renji Asuka » Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:36 pm

KTeknis wrote:Oh, i forgot about the asking for response one, but usually i would just wait for 5 - 10 second before finally resolving.

As a tip, NEVER and I repeat NEVER make a play without confirmation. I seen players get game losses over it especially back during DN. If they're being slow and not communicating, call a judge.
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

Return to “Spam Paradise”