Darkraiclone wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:
Debt wrote:17:53
"That wasn't Aster's real deck. He put it together this morning"
Don't speedwatch

still aster was the first to use it, thus its his card

Does he ever use it again though?

irrelevant!
“Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

Darkraiclone
Mood:

Post #22 by Darkraiclone » Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:46 pm

CrystalMusic wrote:
Darkraiclone wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:
still aster was the first to use it, thus its his card

Does he ever use it again though?

irrelevant!

Actually it is relevant, if he still uses it in the anime despite using Destiny Heroes, then you can say it is his card. But by saying that this is irrelevant, you're essentially choosing to ignore facts that could help others in making a proper Aster Phoenix character deck, and thus, giving out misinformation.
Everyone's favorite crybaby.

greg503

Post #23 by greg503 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:00 pm

OH BOY, you better be ready for Aster's next on-screen duel
Buy Floowandereeze

DuskWill

Post #24 by DuskWill » Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:23 pm

Wait, so wouldn't that make Jounouchi's Red-Eyes Black Dragon not his since he wasn't the first to use it? On a similar note, would that make Blue-Eyes White Dragon a Arthur Hopkins' card since he had it in a flashback and was shown in Yugi's grandpa possession before Kaiba appeared with his?

If it is about initial possession, then this criteria would make Time Wizard a Yugi's card. If it is about lore, then the context of Phoenix making a deck out of 8 packs would be taken in consideration and it would definitively mean that it was something that was widely available among the random background characters.

If anything, classifying cards like this is just another form of limitation. I did it myself when I was beginning playing online and, surely, it might be fun at first to impersonate a character and recreate their moves, but with the many defeats that ensued with that practice I realised that the characters weren't optimising their decks, at all. I would eventually add so many cards they didn't use for consistency and balance to the point that I was losing that sense of identity projection and slowly creating my own. And that's one of the best parts of card games: finding your own identity through carefully built decks and compete with your opponent's.

However, if I ever feel like dueling an anime character, I find it easier to just try a Tag Force game, Duel Links or Legacy of the Duelist. Most of them even feature audio dialogue and I must say, hearing Saiou summoning Arcana Force XXI - The World (Za Wārudo) still puts a smile on my face.
This is...
I saw the strategy I need!

greg503

Post #25 by greg503 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:45 pm

DuskWill wrote:Wait, so wouldn't that make Jounouchi's Red-Eyes Black Dragon not his since he wasn't the first to use it? On a similar note, would that make Blue-Eyes White Dragon a Arthur Hopkins' card since he had it in a flashback and was shown in Yugi's grandpa possession before Kaiba appeared with his?

If it is about initial possession, then this criteria would make Time Wizard a Yugi's card. If it is about lore, then the context of Phoenix making a deck out of 8 packs would be taken in consideration and it would definitively mean that it was something that was widely available among the random background characters.

If anything, classifying cards like this is just another form of limitation. I did it myself when I was beginning playing online and, surely, it might be fun at first to impersonate a character and recreate their moves, but with the many defeats that ensued with that practice I realised that the characters weren't optimising their decks, at all. I would eventually add so many cards they didn't use for consistency and balance to the point that I was losing that sense of identity projection and slowly creating my own. And that's one of the best parts of card games: finding your own identity through carefully built decks and compete with your opponent's.

However, if I ever feel like dueling an anime character, I find it easier to just try a Tag Force game, Duel Links or Legacy of the Duelist. Most of them even feature audio dialogue and I must say, hearing Saiou summoning Arcana Force XXI - The World (Za Wārudo) still puts a smile on my face.

Remember that most of Yugi's cards were inherited from his grandpa.
Buy Floowandereeze

DuskWill

Post #26 by DuskWill » Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:58 pm

Well, there's that, but we can only guess for most of it, perhaps he meant by appearance. I mean, when the Manjoume brothers had to duel to decide which corporation would own Duel Academia, Jun found two Ojama cards, Skull Servant, Soul Tiger and many other discarded cards in the bottom of a well, meaning they belonged to somebody else. Not to mention Ojama Yellow and the Armed Dragon cards originally belonging to the Arctic Academy.

Now, if we go by usage, I suppose that taxonomy would result in, say, Skull Servant, being a... Team Taiyou's card?
This is...
I saw the strategy I need!

Return to “Spam Paradise”