what do i mean when i say "no removal"

Here you can discuss just about whatever you want
CrystalMusic
Mood:

what do i mean when i say "no removal"

Post #1 by CrystalMusic » Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:14 pm

removal, to me, is when you use a cards effect to "remove a card from its current position" and move it to another position
this includes:
- discarding cards from the hand to the GY
- banishing cards from the hand, deck or field
- returning cards from the hand to the deck, and returning cards from the field to the hand
- using a an effect to destroy a card/s on the field (rather it be spell, trap or monster)
- sending cards from the deck to the GY
- sending cards from the deck to the banished zone

In short: its any of the following its a "removal" effect:
- Discard - youre removing a card/s from the hand/s
- Mill - youre removing a card/s from the deck/s
- Banish - youre removing a card/s from the field or GY/s and banishing it
- Destroy - youre removing a card/s from the field and sending it to the GY
- Return - youre removing a card/s from the field and returning it to the hand

if you still dont get it let me make this VERY SIMPLE for you:
when i say no removal, this means u must battle to do all your work!
“Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

Neo_Fire_Sonic

Post #2 by Neo_Fire_Sonic » Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:20 pm

yes good he wants joey's first deck format, a deck with just normal monsters with no effects, no spells no traps.

unga bunga me attack
b

greg503

Post #3 by greg503 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:38 pm

Removing cards from the field is what we call "removal"
Destroying/Sending to the GY is the most common removal, which we call "popping", returning things from the field to the hand is "bouncing", and returning things to the deck is called "spinning"
Removing cards from the hand is what we call "hand looping"/"hand disruption"
Removing cards from the deck is what we call "milling"
Banishing cards from the GY is NOT removal because it does not affect the state of your field, hand, or decks
Removal has always been in the game and if you want to make a format where is only removal is through battle, then that add to a ban list of monsters that cannot be destroyed by battle like Spirit Reaper.
Simply put, what you ask when you say "no removal" is unreasonable for most players, and is arguably not Yu-Gi-Oh. This isn't a numbers game, despite what happens in the anime. By your definition, every character in the Yu-Gi-Oh anime plays removal so I don't get why you don't want interactive gameplay.
Buy Floowandereeze

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #4 by CrystalMusic » Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:44 pm

greg503 wrote:Removing cards from the field is what we call "removal"
Destroying/Sending to the GY is the most common removal, which we call "popping", returning things from the field to the hand is "bouncing", and returning things to the deck is called "spinning"
Banishing cards from the GY is NOT removal because it does not affect the state of your field, hand, or decks
Removal has always been in the game and if you want to make a format where is only removal is through battle, then that add to a ban list of monsters that cannot be destroyed by battle like Spirit Reaper.
Simply put, what you ask when you say "no removal" is unreasonable for most players, and is arguably not Yu-Gi-Oh. This isn't a numbers game, despite what happens in the anime. By your definition, every character in the Yu-Gi-Oh anime plays removal so I don't get why you don't want interactive gameplay.

fine then hows this? No Field Wiping, Discard, Mill or Banish?!?!? (by field wiping i mean cards like: Raigeki, Dark Hole, Harpies Feather Duster, Heavy Storm, Torrential Tribute - AKA cards that destroy a particular set of cards on the field - or in short: any card that destroys more than ONE card at a time with its effect is NOT allowed.)
This is the best youre gonna get from me in GOAT!
“Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

Debt

Post #5 by Debt » Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:07 am

By no removal you mean break the game because removal is a fundamental part of the game.

LightCaster
Mood:

Post #6 by LightCaster » Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:09 am

CrystalMusic wrote:
greg503 wrote:Removing cards from the field is what we call "removal"

fine then hows this? No Field Wiping, Discard, Mill or Banish?!?!? (by field wiping i mean cards like: Raigeki, Dark Hole, Harpies Feather Duster, Heavy Storm, Torrential Tribute - AKA cards that destroy a particular set of cards on the field - or in short: any card that destroys more than ONE card at a time with its effect is NOT allowed.)
This is the best youre gonna get from me in GOAT!

I don't think you understand. We're telling you that you're being unrealistic in demanding no removal of any kind.

KTeknis

Post #7 by KTeknis » Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:12 am

How bout Discard, Mill, or Banish as cost then?
I have interest in badly designed custom cards.
You saw these cards as terrible, I saw them as ideas.

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #8 by CrystalMusic » Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:22 am

KTeknis wrote:How bout Discard, Mill, or Banish as cost then?
if its your own cards? then yes. But if discards, mills, or banishes mine? then no.

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #9 by CrystalMusic » Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:23 am

btw i added in no summon negation and no anti defense (such as Ninja Grandmaster Sasuke)

Renji Asuka

Post #10 by Renji Asuka » Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:56 am

Or, hear me out...PLAY YUGIOH LIKE A NORMAL PERSON WITHOUT ALL THAT BS YOU WANT. You clearly don't like the game, so quit the game.
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #11 by CrystalMusic » Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:05 am

Renji Asuka wrote:Or, hear me out...PLAY YUGIOH LIKE A NORMAL PERSON WITHOUT ALL THAT BS YOU WANT. You clearly don't like the game, so quit the game.

no, you hear me out... this is a simulator that allows people to play the way they want. If you dont like the way i play, YOU ARE FREE TO GO FIND SOMEONE ELSE TO DUEL!!!

LightCaster
Mood:

Post #12 by LightCaster » Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:21 am

CrystalMusic wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:Or, hear me out...PLAY YUGIOH LIKE A NORMAL PERSON WITHOUT ALL THAT BS YOU WANT. You clearly don't like the game, so quit the game.

no, you hear me out... this is a simulator that allows people to play the way they want. If you dont like the way i play, YOU ARE FREE TO GO FIND SOMEONE ELSE TO DUEL!!!

Then get rid of all your bullshit, one-sided and arbitrary rules and change it to just one that says: "You must let me win" Because you don't have a "way you play", you're playing the wrong game.

Debt

Post #13 by Debt » Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:22 am

CrystalMusic wrote:no, you hear me out... this is a simulator that allows people to play the way they want. If you dont like the way i play, YOU ARE FREE TO GO FIND SOMEONE ELSE TO DUEL!!!

You're free to play how you want but so is everyone else. You aren't entitled to wins and no one is has an obligation to be your punching bag. Constructing an artificial scenario where it's possible for you to win isn't earning it, it's the same as bowling with lane bumpers. And yes it is 100% about winning because if you really didn't care about winning you wouldn't be pulling any of this.

Darkraiclone
Mood:

Post #14 by Darkraiclone » Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:28 am

CrystalMusic wrote:

And you're free to quit this game. Nobody with half a braincell is going to play by your retarded rules and even if they did, you'll just change them when they stop benefitting you. So in reality, there's no point in anybody dueling you whatsoever because not only does nobody care about your rules, but you don't even care about your rules. Honestly, you're better off by taking Renji's advice and quitting, because the game isn't gonna change to the way you want it, and it doesn't matter how many dumb rooms you make, how many people you block for calling you out on your bullshit, or how many times you cry about it in the forums. So why don't you save yourself the trouble and just stop?
Everyone's favorite crybaby.

Renji Asuka

Post #15 by Renji Asuka » Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:48 am

CrystalMusic wrote:

There is no "your way", you constantly talk badly about the game and act like everything you don't like has to be banned because for some reason, you're thinking you're fucking entitled to force your views down other people's throats. If the game was played your way or designed the way you envision it, I guarantee you, yugioh would had died a LONG time ago. There is nothing fun about cave man yugioh. I'm not saying the current games doesn't have flaws, but you don't even know what old school yugioh really was, hardly any players do. Want to know why? Cause we had no idea what would be in sets like we do now, so we literally had to work with what cards we had, and try and trade for cards of stuff we wants. And even back then, the game had its own problems, but its a lot better now than before by a mile.

Yugioh had evolved, you didn't. So you create these stupid arbitrary rules so you feel like you can accomplish things. And with how you act, you obviously don't enjoy the game, so quit. If you can't evolve with the game, then you're going to be left behind. I may had my issues with the game in MR4, but not ONCE, have I ever bitched about how the game turned to shit, try and change the rules of the game like YOU DO ON A DAILY BASIS, then RAGE QUIT when people don't play the way I want them to LIKE YOU DO.

The fact you get ANY matches is a god damn miracle of itself. And I feel sorry for the poor saps because you don't even know how to play the fucking game "Mr. The Graveyard is Part of the Field".

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #16 by CrystalMusic » Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:16 am

and once again, yall comment negatively on a post that had none to begin with. sigh. I mearly was trying to help people understand what i mean when i say no removal and look at what i get in response: Negative comments! SMH! (and no its not because "i deserve it". its because yall just cant help yourselves from commenting negatively)
Last edited by CrystalMusic on Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Darkraiclone
Mood:

Post #17 by Darkraiclone » Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:19 am

CrystalMusic wrote:and once again, yall comment negatively on a post that had none to begin with. sigh. I mearly was trying to help people understand what i mean when i say no removal and look at what i get in response: Negative comments! SMH!

And once again you ignore the point all together because you can't accept the fact that you're in the wrong, so now you're gonna cry about it and act like we're the bad guys in all of this.
Last edited by Darkraiclone on Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Everyone's favorite crybaby.

Renji Asuka

Post #18 by Renji Asuka » Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:20 am

You act like we are stupid, you try to force your "rules", you hate the game, just quit the game until the game is more to your liking or go create your own game where you always win.

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #19 by CrystalMusic » Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:20 am

whatever, im not getting into this! Good Day! (and no this doenst mean you win, this is me be ing the more mature person by not arguing with people who cant give it up! Also, why is it you guys feel the need to ALWAYS comment negatively on my posts? Ego Problems? Self-esteem Problems? Having a bad day? or some other fourth thing?
Last edited by CrystalMusic on Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:29 am, edited 2 times in total.

Renji Asuka

Post #20 by Renji Asuka » Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:22 am

CrystalMusic wrote:whatever, im not getting into this! Good Day!

You got into this by making this thread, by making bullshit rules that you literally change on the fly, by insulting others and throwing fits. We are just sick of your bullshit. You're like what? Late 20s or early 30s? You're a god damn adult, so start acting like one.

Return to “Spam Paradise”