looking for ppl who enjoy the same formats/eras as me

Here you can discuss just about whatever you want
CrystalMusic
Mood:

looking for ppl who enjoy the same formats/eras as me

Post #1 by CrystalMusic » Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:13 am

this should prevent a majority of the "issues" i have with ppl i vs as its the new stuff that i hate.
so if you enjoy yugioh from legend of the blue-eyes white dragon to september 2011 (without xyz's) let me know. (bassically when raigeki, dark hole, hearpies feather duster and heavy storm were all banned)
“Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

KTeknis

Post #2 by KTeknis » Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:22 pm

Have you tried posting that on the Main Menu too?
Probably they might gonna read it there.
I have interest in badly designed custom cards.
You saw these cards as terrible, I saw them as ideas.

DarkPhenix

Post #3 by DarkPhenix » Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:28 pm

Well tbh in db you are extremely strigent about what cards can be played against you, that most people try their best, yet you either rage quit, get mad or block them instantly. That kind of attitude makes nobody want to play with you......
RC-1, PC-1 Konami® Certified Judge

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #4 by CrystalMusic » Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:10 pm

KTeknis wrote:Have you tried posting that on the Main Menu too?
Probably they might gonna read it there.

good idea. thanks!
“Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #5 by CrystalMusic » Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:17 pm

DarkPhenix wrote:Well tbh in db you are extremely strigent about what cards can be played against you, that most people try their best, yet you either rage quit, get mad or block them instantly. That kind of attitude makes nobody want to play with you......

its the staple "removal" that i have an issue with. such as MST, Dark Hole, Raigeki, Heavy Storm, Harpies Feather Duster, Card Destruction, Hand Destruction (or anything that removes cards from the hand) or mill effects. if one just simply does not touch my hand or my deck, and "mostly" relies on battle to deal with a monster (flip effects like man eater bug i dont mind, or as long as ur not running new support for a old card - when i say new support i mean cards that came out after its archetype was released or seen in the show - like E Hero Solid Soldier (HERO's) OR Obliderate (Exodia)

its simple: i preffer the older times when yugioh wasnt all about spam summon or "Hand traps" AKA: quick effects.

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #6 by CrystalMusic » Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:29 pm

let me give you guys a few examples using 3 decks i made
- https://www.duelingbook.com/deck?id=2497027 - my 1st gen & GX mix (BTW i had this deck back on DN and it was quite good - this is when xyz's were just starting to come out) see how the only removal i have is the traps?

- my new goat format deck: https://www.duelingbook.com/deck?id=6536102 the only removal i have is by horus, sorcerer, and the trap cards, horus is there to stop removal spells, sorcerer for removal traps.

- and my zombie deck where the only removal i have is by trap card: https://www.duelingbook.com/deck?id=1387026

now i wont lie, i do like to run stardust dragon/assault mode. now i know what most will say: stardust dragon sucks. ok, thats your opinion! I like him cas he can negate just about anything and destroy it. hes never failed me. So negation is one thing i always run! Always have. Always will. Most of the time this gives me the upper hand as most of my "negation" comes from counter traps, seeing as most dont run counter traps. There spell speed is what tips the scale in my favor.

DarkPhenix

Post #7 by DarkPhenix » Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:10 pm

ok
RC-1, PC-1 Konami® Certified Judge

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #8 by CrystalMusic » Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:41 pm

the only thing i have an issue with in goat, other than what i already stated, is when people have such weak monsters that cant "beat over" my defenses and thus have to rely on a card effect to do their dirty work.

Example: i have a field full of 2100 def monsters, and you have to rely on torrential tribute to wipe them off the field cas ur deck lacks the atk power to beat them.

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #9 by CrystalMusic » Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:49 pm

my rules for goat are simple: no discard, mill, heavy storm, dark hole, raigeki, or feather duster.

why? simple:

99% of the time people only use dark hole when only their opponent has monsters (this makes it become a spare raigeki)
99% of the time people only use heavy storm when only their opponent has spells and traps (this makes it become a spare harpies feather duster)
and do i really need to explain why i dont allow feather duster or raigeki?

NiwatoriFTW

Post #10 by NiwatoriFTW » Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:43 pm

CrystalMusic wrote:the only thing i have an issue with in goat, other than what i already stated, is when people have such weak monsters that cant "beat over" my defenses and thus have to rely on a card effect to do their dirty work.

Example: i have a field full of 2100 def monsters, and you have to rely on torrential tribute to wipe them off the field cas ur deck lacks the atk power to beat them.

I honestly don't get why (raw) ATK power is that important to you. Ever since effects existed, it never was important for the game. In fact, even beatsticks like Black Luster Solder - Envoy of the Beginning features removal effect for when they can't beat monsters by battle or when the player isn't bothering themselves with that. It really feels like you like reducing the monsters in the game to whatever they have in Top Trumps card game.

However you find appealing this beatsick comparison between monsters, it's unrealistic in many ways: Wolverines can kill a bear; Wolves can kill a caribou; Small spiders can kill centipedes. And even for humans, physical strength is not the key to achieve success, since you don't take a tree down with your bare hands or go dive in the ocean to catch tuna. Heck, even cavemen didn't hunt mammoths by sheer strength.

And, yes, it's not a fair comparison considering it is about a card game, but you're removing so much content that it basically comes down to this. You want effort and points to be defeated only by a higher investment of each and that means very little in a strategy game like this. Or to any strategy game, for that matter. People use everything at their disposal to achieve victory. If you reduce their chances to nothing because they have not included (and managed to bring to the field) a bigger beatstick than you, then you're fine with playing unfair games and/or imposing how people should build their decks.

Also, let's not forget how you "justifying" using Spirit Reaper, Marshmallon and Aroma Jar (despite being beyond your "allowed" eras) just because you can't summon a stronger monster than your opponent's and has to rely on a battle immunity effect.

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #11 by CrystalMusic » Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:54 pm

NiwatoriFTW wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:the only thing i have an issue with in goat, other than what i already stated, is when people have such weak monsters that cant "beat over" my defenses and thus have to rely on a card effect to do their dirty work.

I honestly don't get why (raw) ATK power is that important to you. Ever since effects existed, it never was important for the game. In fact, even beatsticks like Black Luster Solder - Envoy of the Beginning features removal effect for when they can't beat monsters by battle or when the player isn't bothering themselves with that. It really feels like you like reducing the monsters in the game to whatever they have in Top Trumps card game.

However you find appealing this beatsick comparison between monsters, it's unrealistic in many ways: Wolverines can kill a bear; Wolves can kill a caribou; Small spiders can kill centipedes. And even for humans, physical strength is not the key to achieve success, since you don't take a tree down with your bare hands or go dive in the ocean to catch tuna. Heck, even cavemen didn't hunt mammoths by sheer strength.

And, yes, it's not a fair comparison considering it is about a card game, but you're removing so much content that it basically comes down to this. You want effort and points to be defeated only by a higher investment of each and that means very little in a strategy game like this. Or to any strategy game, for that matter. People use everything at their disposal to achieve victory. If you reduce their chances to nothing because they have not included (and managed to bring to the field) a bigger beatstick than you, then you're fine with playing unfair games and/or imposing how people should build their decks.

Also, let's not forget how you "justifying" using Spirit Reaper, Marshmallon and Aroma Jar (despite being beyond your "allowed" eras) just because you can't summon a stronger monster than your opponent's and has to rely on a battle immunity effect.

i only use battle immunity for higher tributes like the god cards or a high level synchro like star eater

NiwatoriFTW

Post #12 by NiwatoriFTW » Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:16 pm

CrystalMusic wrote:i only use battle immunity for higher tributes like the god cards or a high level synchro like star eater

So you admittedly lock the game and your opponent's options until you have a beatstick, instead of fully applying your maxim of "destruction by battle only" and not putting your opponent in a situation where they "have to rely on a card effect to do their dirty work." until you "allow" resuming a normal gameplay?

Why not just make a rule to ignore the requirement of tributes for the normal summon of Level 5 or higher monsters?

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #13 by CrystalMusic » Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:32 pm

NiwatoriFTW wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:i only use battle immunity for higher tributes like the god cards or a high level synchro like star eater

So you admittedly lock the game and your opponent's options until you have a beatstick, instead of fully applying your maxim of "destruction by battle only" and not putting your opponent in a situation where they "have to rely on a card effect to do their dirty work." until you "allow" resuming a normal gameplay?

Why not just make a rule to ignore the requirement of tributes for the normal summon of Level 5 or higher monsters?

Geee, idk, maybe because by removing the need for tributes for 5 and above would make it way to easy to synchro summon high level synchros or summon high rank xyz's?!?!?!?!

NiwatoriFTW

Post #14 by NiwatoriFTW » Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:48 pm

CrystalMusic wrote:Geee, idk, maybe because by removing the need for tributes for 5 and above would make it way to easy to synchro summon high level synchros or summon high rank xyz's?!?!?!?!

Decks already do that. A dedicated deck, like Photons and Hieratics, can Xyz summon high rank monsters with just two cards in your hand. In Synchro-focused decks, Debris Dragon with a Fog King or Arcanite Magician easily makes a Star Eater. Fabled Raven with Dark World monsters make high level synchros as well.

And, yet, all this pales in comparison to having to wait the opponent remove their own Marshmallon-like card by their own in good faith, just so you can even try to win.

Debt

Post #15 by Debt » Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:16 am

CrystalMusic wrote:Why not just make a rule to ignore the requirement of tributes for the normal summon of Level 5 or higher monsters?

Geee, idk, maybe because by removing the need for tributes for 5 and above would make it way to easy to synchro summon high level synchros or summon high rank xyz's?!?!?!?!

Higher level/rank doesn't necessarily mean stronger. The most splashable and powerful xyz monsters have historically been rank 4.
Last edited by Debt on Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

LightCaster
Mood:

Post #16 by LightCaster » Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:17 am

CrystalMusic wrote:my rules for goat are simple: no discard, mill, heavy storm, dark hole, raigeki, or feather duster.

why? simple:

99% of the time people only use dark hole when only their opponent has monsters (this makes it become a spare raigeki)
99% of the time people only use heavy storm when only their opponent has spells and traps (this makes it become a spare harpies feather duster)

Has it ever occured to you WHY people use those cards? Because they're good and give this thing called "field advantage". Which is extremely beneficial against people like you who rely on battle immunity and locking down the game in order to do well. By literally forcing people to not play those cards. You are taking away their best out when it comes to playing against you.

That's like bringing a knife to a gunfight and demanding the guy using the gun to only use one bullet at a time, reload after every shot but can't shoot your head, heart or chest.

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #17 by CrystalMusic » Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:25 am

LightCaster wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:my rules for goat are simple: no discard, mill, heavy storm, dark hole, raigeki, or feather duster.

why? simple:

Has it ever occured to you WHY people use those cards? Because they're good and give this thing called "field advantage". Which is extremely beneficial against people like you who rely on battle immunity and locking down the game in order to do well. By literally forcing people to not play those cards. You are taking away their best out when it comes to playing against you.

That's like bringing a knife to a gunfight and demanding the guy using the gun to only use one bullet at a time, reload after every shot but can't shoot your head, heart or chest.

if those are good to you, then i have no hope in the yugioh community. I want a battle where it takes ATK and DEF power to do 99.9% of the work

Debt

Post #18 by Debt » Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:26 am

CrystalMusic wrote:
if those are good to you, then i have no hope in the yugioh community. I want a battle where it takes ATK and DEF power to do 99.9% of the work

Then you're playing the wrong game.

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #19 by CrystalMusic » Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:35 am

no im playing the game the way I WANT, which im allowed to do here on duelingbook while in unrated duels!

Debt

Post #20 by Debt » Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:45 am

Yugioh isn't a numbers game. It's never been one. By trying to force it into one you've created a broken mess where all the checks and balances fall apart because a central pillar of the game's been ripped out. Just plop down sanctuary in the sky then stall for exodia. Most optimal way to play against what you envision.

Return to “Spam Paradise”