goat format challenge

Here you can discuss just about whatever you want
Debt

Re: goat format challenge

Post #21 by Debt » Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:20 pm

Darkraiclone wrote:Oh you know that if he played MTG that Blue, Black, White, and Red would all be on his banned list of colors.

Crystal would probably play white angels equip but without any removal.

Darkraiclone
Mood:

Post #22 by Darkraiclone » Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:24 pm

Debt wrote:
Darkraiclone wrote:Oh you know that if he played MTG that Blue, Black, White, and Red would all be on his banned list of colors.

Crystal would probably play white angels equip but without any removal.

Yeah, and God forbid that you dare to counter any of his stuff, kill his angels with removal, or straight up burn him to death. xD
Everyone's favorite crybaby.

Debt

Post #23 by Debt » Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:30 pm

Darkraiclone wrote:Yeah, and God forbid that you dare to counter any of his stuff, kill his angels with removal, or straight up burn him to death. xD

He's mentioned he plays. I wouldn't doubt if the first Avacyn is his favorite card of all time. But yeah I can't imagine him do anything but bitch and moan if he gets clocked before turn 5 because he'd play some really greedy angel fatties or if they got hit with card effects. Like his goal will be to try to get Avacyn out and give her hexproof but cry that his opponents are noobs for out-tempoing him and not letting him do his "combo"

Darkraiclone
Mood:

Post #24 by Darkraiclone » Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:32 pm

Debt wrote:He's mentioned he plays. I wouldn't doubt if the first Avacyn is his favorite card of all time. But yeah I can't imagine him do anything but bitch and moan if he gets clocked before turn 5 because he'd play some really greedy angel fatties or if they got hit with card effects. Like his goal will be to try to get Avacyn out and give her hexproof but cry that his opponents are noobs for out-tempoing him and not letting him do his "combo"

More than likely, yeah.

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #25 by CrystalMusic » Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:27 pm

greg503 wrote:If this were MTG you would hate any noncreature card KEKW

are you kidding? i enjoy MTG more than yugioh.
“Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

Darkraiclone
Mood:

Post #26 by Darkraiclone » Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:33 pm

CrystalMusic wrote:

Then why are you not playing MTG and playing Yugioh?

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #27 by CrystalMusic » Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:37 pm

Darkraiclone wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:

Then why are you not playing MTG and playing Yugioh?

because: i dont know any sites that let me make MTG decks using ANY cards i want (all the ones i find are where u have to win a match to earn points, spend the points on packs for random cards) basically i want a MTG site that works like DB's deck constructor. Where i can use ANY cards i want out of the whole shebang of cards.
“Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

Debt

Post #28 by Debt » Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:42 pm

CrystalMusic wrote:because: i dont know any sites that let me make MTG decks using ANY cards i want (all the ones i find are where u have to win a match to earn points, spend the points on packs for random cards) basically i want a MTG site that works like DB's deck constructor. Where i can use ANY cards i want out of the whole shebang of cards.

https://untap.in/

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #29 by CrystalMusic » Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:47 pm

tired that site, they follow their ban list, i want one where i can play WHATEVER I WANT!!!

Debt

Post #30 by Debt » Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:08 am

It's been like two years since i played on untap but I'm pretty sure you can play anything. There was no way to force a room to adhere to a format so you have to name your room after the format you want to play in. It's just that no one wants to play vintage and the few cards banned in vintage shouldn't see the light of day.

LightCaster
Mood:

Post #31 by LightCaster » Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:10 am

CrystalMusic wrote:tired that site, they follow their ban list, i want one where i can play WHATEVER I WANT!!!

Oh so you'll make your own banlist and follow yugioh's banlist but you won't follow MTG's? Make sense please.

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #32 by CrystalMusic » Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:14 am

LightCaster wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:tired that site, they follow their ban list, i want one where i can play WHATEVER I WANT!!!

Oh so you'll make your own banlist and follow yugioh's banlist but you won't follow MTG's? Make sense please.

unlike yugioh, MTG is much harder to spam summon, you need mana to do that and the rules state ur limited to playing 1 mana (land) per turn. so it takes time to get going!

LightCaster
Mood:

Post #33 by LightCaster » Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:18 am

CrystalMusic wrote:
LightCaster wrote:

unlike yugioh, MTG is much harder to spam summon, you need mana to do that and the rules state ur limited to playing 1 mana (land) per turn. so it takes time to get going!

Oh don't give me that. You've spam summoned before when your rules said don't do it unless it costed you. Your Power Rangers deck does that with 0 cost.

greg503

Post #34 by greg503 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:20 am

CrystalMusic wrote:
LightCaster wrote:

Black Lotus, Moxen, Paradox Engine, and Infinite Mana combos have joined the chat.
There are decks that can win without mana too. You don't like any MTG format because they all have ramp.
Buy Floowandereeze

Debt

Post #35 by Debt » Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:43 am

CrystalMusic wrote:unlike yugioh, MTG is much harder to spam summon, you need mana to do that and the rules state ur limited to playing 1 mana (land) per turn. so it takes time to get going!

spam summoning doesn't matter in mtg

DuskWill

Post #36 by DuskWill » Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:00 am

Debt wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:unlike yugioh, MTG is much harder to spam summon, you need mana to do that and the rules state ur limited to playing 1 mana (land) per turn. so it takes time to get going!

spam summoning doesn't matter in mtg

This still haunts me...
Not my game here, but it's just a bit beyond what I've lost to multiple times in the previous rotation: Image
BTW, that River's Rebuke does makes your point valid, but I was mostly playing a Saprolings deck back then, so...
This is...
I saw the strategy I need!

Darkraiclone
Mood:

Post #37 by Darkraiclone » Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:11 am

CrystalMusic wrote:
LightCaster wrote:

Clearly you've not played MTG in a good while. It is possible to spam summon like in yugioh, but unless your deck benefits from it, it will pretty much do nothing.

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #38 by CrystalMusic » Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:17 am

Darkraiclone wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:
LightCaster wrote:

Clearly you've not played MTG in a good while. It is possible to spam summon like in yugioh, but unless your deck benefits from it, it will pretty much do nothing.

dude i have one of the latest decks and packs: Core Pack 2020 with:
- A Mythic Rare: Teferi, Master of Time whos a Legendary Planeswalker M21: Costs: 2 ocean and 2 other mana and his abilities are thus:
You may activate loyalty abilities of Tefri, Master of Time on any player's turn any time you could cast an instant.
+1: Draw a card, then discard a card
- 3 Target creature you don't control phases out
- 10: Take two extra turns after this one
281 M21 EN Chris Rallis 2020 Wizards of the Coast

Debt

Post #39 by Debt » Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:20 am

You need a banlist, you think you don't but you really do. Without one mtg has a legit zero turn kill

DuskWill

Post #40 by DuskWill » Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:25 am

I suppose the example I provided of possibly over a hundred Polyraptors being summoned in a single turn means nothing, then.
This is...
I saw the strategy I need!

Return to “Spam Paradise”