Post #1 by CrystalMusic » Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:02 pm

Scenario:
me: hosting with ruleset: Oldschool Only. no staple, or burn
opponent: *plays mst*
me: "thats a staple in oldschool"
opponent: *discards mst and draws 1 card*
me: "u cant draw u didnt use a card that said u could"
opponent: "since i cant play mst i get to draw a card to replace it"
me: -_- "that has never been a rule!!! and whoever started that rumor is an idiot!!!" (no offense)
“Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

NiwatoriFTW

Post #2 by NiwatoriFTW » Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:10 pm

CrystalMusic wrote:Scenario:
me: hosting with ruleset: Oldschool Only. no staple, or burn
opponent: *plays mst*
me: "thats a staple in oldschool"
opponent: *discards mst and draws 1 card*
me: "u cant draw u didnt use a card that said u could"
opponent: "since i cant play mst i get to draw a card to replace it"
me: -_- "that has never been a rule!!! and whoever started that rumor is an idiot!!!" (no offense)

Why do you don't share the replay in question? https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=200963-21812456
[0:00] CrystalMusic: CrystalMusic hosted Single (with siding) in Advanced (Unrated) with duel note "OLDSCHOOL ONLY. No Synchro, Xyz's, or Staples."
[0:18] Abezitor: Entered Draw Phase
[0:18] Abezitor: Drew "Judgment of Anubis"
[0:23] Abezitor: Activated "Mystical Space Typhoon" from hand (2/6)
[0:24] Abezitor: Pointed at Set "Astral Barrier" in S-3
[0:26] CrystalMusic: "nope"
[0:28] CrystalMusic: "i sai dno staples"
[0:33] CrystalMusic: "mst is staple in oldschool"
[0:38] Abezitor: "lol...."
[0:44] Abezitor: "what kinda rules...."
[0:44] CrystalMusic: "u joined me"
[0:50] CrystalMusic: "u obey the rules i put dfown"
[0:55] Abezitor: "nah b"
[0:58] Abezitor: "you got this fucked up"
[1:08] Abezitor: "I'll just go play call of duty"
[1:12] CrystalMusic: "then imam report you for trolling, cheating"
[1:18] CrystalMusic: "yeah go play with kids your age"
[1:22] Abezitor: Set "Nimble Momonga" from hand (4/5) to M-3
[1:23] Abezitor: Entered Main Phase 1
[1:29] Abezitor: Pointed at Set "Astral Barrier" in S-3
[1:32] Abezitor: Pointed at Set "Astral Barrier" in S-3
[1:33] Abezitor: Pointed at Set "Astral Barrier" in S-3
[1:45] Abezitor: "I'll keep going once you simply destory that card then"
[1:51] Abezitor: "its just an mst"
[1:52] CrystalMusic: "etter yet go play the stupidest game to have ever been invented seeing as 90% of the world likes it: Fortnite. "
[1:56] Abezitor: "calm down"
[2:09] CrystalMusic: "u cant do that cas my rules"
[2:09] Abezitor: "relax dude"
[2:11] CrystalMusic: "NO STAPLES"
[2:31] Abezitor: "I've never seen someone so up tight about yugioh in my life XD"
[2:39] CrystalMusic: "now stop stalling and continue the duel"
[3:03] CrystalMusic: "you call this yugioh? pff yugiohs een dead sicne 2010 when it all whent to shit"
[3:19] CrystalMusic: "now continue ur turn"
[3:21] Abezitor: "says the guy with an extra deck"
[3:28] Abezitor: Sent "Mystical Space Typhoon" from S-3 to GY
[3:28] CrystalMusic: "ONE card"
[3:29] Abezitor: Drew "D.D. Assailant"
[3:34] CrystalMusic: "no"
[3:35] CrystalMusic: "u dont draw"
[3:36] Abezitor: "more then i have"
[3:40] Abezitor: "if im not using mst"
[3:43] CrystalMusic: "in what world do u think u draw if u cant use acard?"
[3:44] Abezitor: "im getting another card kid"
[3:47] CrystalMusic: "thats never been a card"
[3:52] CrystalMusic: "rule*"
[3:57] Abezitor: "...."
[3:58] CrystalMusic: "return it or ill report you for cheating"
[4:04] Abezitor: "report then dude"
[4:09] CrystalMusic: "NOOB!!!!!!!!!!!!"
[4:10] Abezitor: "this is so crazy"
[4:11] CrystalMusic: Left duel
Is it because you constantly tell people that you will be reporting them for unbelievable minor things, despite you being disrespectful to them, either by report threatening or name calling? Or do you feel like distorting facts to make yourself sound like the victim?

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #3 by CrystalMusic » Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:15 pm

its not just that replay. i have had this scenario over 20 times. i dont know where ppl are getting this but drawing a card just cas ones rules forbid the card u tried to use has NEVER been a rule, and it never will be!
“Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

greg503

Post #4 by greg503 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:10 pm

You expect people to know the exact list of cards you want to be in your games? No one cares, your anger only makes us more malicious.
Buy Floowandereeze

Renji Asuka

Post #5 by Renji Asuka » Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:12 am

CrystalMusic wrote:its not just that replay. i have had this scenario over 20 times. i dont know where ppl are getting this but drawing a card just cas ones rules forbid the card u tried to use has NEVER been a rule, and it never will be!

Again, YOU are the common denominator here.
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

Debt

Post #6 by Debt » Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:07 am

Just let people play what they want to play. You're free to play how you want so why don't you afford your opponent the same? If you can't win with your "play style" then maybe your "play style" is the problem not the card pool that surrounds it. You aren't entitled to wins, manipulating the card pool so that your "play style" is uncounterable is disingenuous. Let alone the other shit you try to pull.

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #7 by CrystalMusic » Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:14 am

iv said this many times before, if yugioh didnt become what it is today: mass summon, and meta craze, ppl running the SAME crap as 75% (or more) of the user base, i wouldnt mind it. back when zexal first started was when i started losing interest in yugioh.

i like seeing decks that are far out there, different, unique, requires more patience and time to get going.

Debt

Post #8 by Debt » Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:20 am

Magical Scientist was in first gen and it was a mass summon ftk enabler. The best decks in first gen were 90% identical to one another. If anything the game is way more diverse now then in the past.

KTeknis

Post #9 by KTeknis » Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:29 am

CrystalMusic wrote:iv said this many times before, if yugioh didnt become what it is today: mass summon, and meta craze, ppl running the SAME crap as 75% (or more) of the user base, i wouldnt mind it. back when zexal first started was when i started losing interest in yugioh.

i like seeing decks that are far out there, different, unique, requires more patience and time to get going.

Try accept the change that Yugioh made and adapt, or try Goat Format.
"It is is not the strongest or the most intelligent who will survive, but those who can best manage change." (Charles Darwin)

Holy heck i can quote too....
I have interest in badly designed custom cards.
You saw these cards as terrible, I saw them as ideas.

Debt

Post #10 by Debt » Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:31 am

KTeknis wrote:
"It is is not the strongest or the most intelligent who will survive, but those who can best manage change." (Charles Darwin)

He can't play goat, he gets hosed too hard. Goat is more or less proof that he's wrong about almost everything regarding old school. He still tries to restrict cards in goat.

KTeknis

Post #11 by KTeknis » Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:36 am

Debt wrote:
KTeknis wrote:

He can't play goat, he gets hosed too hard. Goat is more or less proof that he's wrong about almost everything regarding old school. He still tries to restrict cards in goat.

Well i have hard time on goat too lol. My deck ported from 2005 WCG can't stand a chance against lot of the meta there. Still there are some who go rogue and we had a good time there.
Ahhhh the memories!

Debt

Post #12 by Debt » Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:53 am

KTeknis wrote:Well i have hard time on goat too lol. My deck ported from 2005 WCG can't stand a chance against lot of the meta there. Still there are some who go rogue and we had a good time there.
Ahhhh the memories!

It goes beyond not being able to hang out in goat. It's that for years crystal has preached that old school was just about attacking and it's only nu-ygo where effects are king but goat contradicts that

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #13 by CrystalMusic » Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:54 am

my issue with goat is to many "Removal" effects. and by removal i mean removing cards from the opponents zones, hand or deck(s) by the effect of a card (like morphing jar, or fiber jar, or needle worm)

KTeknis

Post #14 by KTeknis » Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:00 am

CrystalMusic wrote:my issue with goat is to many "Removal" effects. and by removal i mean removing cards from the opponents zones, hand or deck(s).

But they're negateable right? You said that if it its negateable (when it comes to spells at least) it should be playable, right? Just bring more negation! That's why my Goat Deck that day always have Seven Tool of the Bandit and Magic Jammer!

Debt

Post #15 by Debt » Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:03 am

Because this game has always had a ton of removal, even starting with LOB and the starter decks you could have a deck that was over 30% removal cards. What you want simply never existed outside of middle school metas. Effects have always been king in yugioh, back then, now and forever.

Return to “Spam Paradise”