Can someone please explain to this guy the difference between a Field Spell and a Continuous Spell?

Here you can discuss just about whatever you want
CrystalMusic
Mood:

Can someone please explain to this guy the difference between a Field Spell and a Continuous Spell?

Post #1 by CrystalMusic » Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:15 pm

https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=200963-20296153

i only admitted defeat to share the replay faster.
Last edited by CrystalMusic on Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

Water Law

Post #2 by Water Law » Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:16 pm

CrystalMusic wrote:https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=200963-20296153

Why the public shaming, though?

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #3 by CrystalMusic » Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:17 pm

Water Law wrote:

Oh im sorry i though this was spam paradise, where i can post just about anything i want?
“Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

Water Law

Post #4 by Water Law » Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:23 pm

CrystalMusic wrote:
Water Law wrote:

Oh im sorry i though this was spam paradise, where i can post just about anything i want?

Spoke like a true chaotic evil.

Also, shouldn't it be pointed that you brought The Winged Dragon of Ra and The Seal of Orichalcos to a duel where you requested "1st gen only", even though the former was released in 2011 and the latter in 2012?

Slitina

Post #5 by Slitina » Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:30 pm

CrystalMusic wrote:
Water Law wrote:

That is not an excuse to still shame a duelist tho just because it’s “spam paradise” like you can just tell it to your friends for a chuckle or two but not to the public smh.
Reincarnate from the flames! Reincarnation Link Summon! Be reborn! Link 3 Salamangreat Heatleo! Image

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #6 by CrystalMusic » Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:31 pm

Water Law wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:
Water Law wrote:Why the public shaming, though?

Also, shouldn't it be pointed that you brought The Winged Dragon of Ra and The Seal of Orichalcos to a duel where you requested "1st gen only", even though the former was released in 2011 and the latter in 2012?

oh im sorry\, i thought Atem used Ra?
Dartz, Rapheal, Alister, Valen, Mai, Weevil, Rex, and even Yami-Yugi used The Seal of Orichalcos. and Gurimo that one guy a the start of season 4 episode 1. the guy weevil and rex bump into and he says "the problem shall be yours when i strip you of your souls"

so i wasnt violating any of my rules
Last edited by CrystalMusic on Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Water Law

Post #7 by Water Law » Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:37 pm

CrystalMusic wrote:
Water Law wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:

oh im sorry\, i thought Atem used Ra?
Dartz, Rapheal, Alister, Valen, Mai, Weevil, Rex, and even Yami-Yugi used The Seal of Orichalcos

so i wasnt violating any of my rules

That is a VERY specific meaning that the opponent can only guess before joining your duel. It's not like they actually played with those cards in their childhood, since we don't live the anime.

By that analogy, you wouldn't be able to complain if your opponent used Blue-Eyes Alternative White Dragon or Gandora-X, since they were used by Kaiba and Yugi as well...

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #8 by CrystalMusic » Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:42 pm

and you know, i did make one SMALL mistake. i didnt say what i meant by 1st gen. so ill clear this up for you: TCG and Anime

in otherwords any card that was released (North American Release) before GX Season 1 Episode 1, which aired on 10/10/05, is fair game. however, youll need proof with a yugioh wika link of the TCG NA release date

NiwatoriFTW

Post #9 by NiwatoriFTW » Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:55 pm

CrystalMusic wrote:and you know, i did make one SMALL mistake. i didnt say what i meant by 1st gen. so ill clear this up for you: TCG and Anime

in otherwords any card that was released (North American Release) before GX Season 1 Episode 1, which aired on 10/10/05, is fair game. however, youll need proof with a yugioh wika link of the TCG NA release date

So, this guy should have better prepared to do so, I mean, before you rage quit on them? https://www.duelingbook.com/replay?id=200963-20249805
[0:00] CrystalMusic: CrystalMusic hosted Single (with siding) in Advanced (Unrated) with duel note "1st gen only. no mst, dark hole or raigeki."
[0:46] Lord Odin: Activated "Wave-Motion Cannon" from hand (2/4)
[0:49] CrystalMusic: "nope"
[0:57] CrystalMusic: "thats not a 1st gen card"
[0:58] Lord Odin: "It's 1st gen"
[1:02] CrystalMusic: "no its not"
[1:02] Lord Odin: "Magician's Force"
[1:04] CrystalMusic: "wrong"
[1:05] CrystalMusic: Left duel

Also, here's the wikia link for Wave-Motion Cannon: https://yugioh.fandom.com/wiki/Wave-Motion_Cannon . Both international and North American releases of Magician Force happened before the date in question. Should I create a whole topic for shaming or this one will do?

Renji Asuka

Post #10 by Renji Asuka » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:07 pm

CrystalMusic, your posts are always negative, you always try to shame players, overall you give everyone a bad experience with yugioh, you even tell people to quit the site and even call them autistic retards. You literally have NO right to act like a jack ass. You know you're bullshitting and when people call you out on your bullshit you act as if you're attacked, despite attacking EVERYONE else then public shaming.
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #11 by CrystalMusic » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:30 pm

Renji Asuka wrote:CrystalMusic, your posts are always negative, you always try to shame players, overall you give everyone a bad experience with yugioh, you even tell people to quit the site and even call them autistic retards. You literally have NO right to act like a jack ass. You know you're bullshitting and when people call you out on your bullshit you act as if you're attacked, despite attacking EVERYONE else then public shaming.

OMG THIS AGAIN? i have NEVER used the word Autistic as an insult. so how about you stop falsifying this "Claim"

Slitina

Post #12 by Slitina » Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:03 pm

CrystalMusic wrote:
Renji Asuka wrote:CrystalMusic, your posts are always negative, you always try to shame players, overall you give everyone a bad experience with yugioh, you even tell people to quit the site and even call them autistic retards. You literally have NO right to act like a jack ass. You know you're bullshitting and when people call you out on your bullshit you act as if you're attacked, despite attacking EVERYONE else then public shaming.

OMG THIS AGAIN? i have NEVER used the word Autistic as an insult. so how about you stop falsifying this "Claim"

But you have used autistic as your get out of jail card countless times. So how about you stop acting like a whining crying manchild
Reincarnate from the flames! Reincarnation Link Summon! Be reborn! Link 3 Salamangreat Heatleo! Image

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #13 by CrystalMusic » Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:05 pm

Slitina wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:

But you have used autistic as your get out of jail card countless times. So how about you stop acting like a whining crying manchild

Ok, Ill make a deal: ill stop "Whining" as soon as everyone stop commenting negatively on my posts. you want something from me, i want something from you in return. fair is fair.

DuskWill

Post #14 by DuskWill » Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:20 pm

CrystalMusic wrote:
Slitina wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:

Ok, Ill make a deal: ill stop "Whining" as soon as everyone stop commenting negatively on my posts. you want something from me, i want something from you in return. fair is fair.

I'm not sure I follow this line of reasoning. From what I've seen here, pretty much nobody here in the forum duels you and the ones that do are likely to end up insulted, berated, shamed and even incentivized to leave the website.

You want something in exchange for you to stop bad behaviour against random people, even though the ones you have a quarrel with have nothing to do with whomever you duel? That's some terrorist logic there.
This is...
I saw the strategy I need!

CrystalMusic
Mood:

Post #15 by CrystalMusic » Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:30 pm

DuskWill wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:
Slitina wrote:But you have used autistic as your get out of jail card countless times. So how about you stop acting like a whining crying manchild

I'm not sure I follow this line of reasoning. From what I've seen here, pretty much nobody here in the forum duels you and the ones that do are likely to end up insulted, berated, shamed and even incentivized to leave the website.

You want something in exchange for you to stop bad behaviour against random people, even though the ones you have a quarrel with have nothing to do with whomever you duel? That's some terrorist logic there.

maybe if people obeyed the rules i had for my duels and took like 10 seconds of their life to READ the duel notes i have (which is where i put the rules for my duels) there wouldnt be situations where an argument ensues between me and my opponent.

Slitina

Post #16 by Slitina » Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:11 pm

*deep breath* your missing the point the “negativity” we post is our criticism towards you in addition do you really think someone would play by your rules like yugioh is already a complex game so stacking more rules is just another cheap win for your standards. Infact you don’t even think for the opponent you just see them as them as a “noob” because they are using a common move but you can’t think that because your ego is too big.

LightCaster
Mood:

Post #17 by LightCaster » Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:19 am

CrystalMusic wrote:
DuskWill wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:

maybe if people obeyed the rules i had for my duels and took like 10 seconds of their life to READ the duel notes i have (which is where i put the rules for my duels) there wouldnt be situations where an argument ensues between me and my opponent.

You will be told this time and time again until you get it through your thick skull:

Your rules are arbitrary, make no sense and only hinder your opponent.
Duel notes are not contracts. STOP ACTING LIKE THEY ARE.

You throw a tantrum and berate people on the forums just to fix the fact that someone doesn't listen to you, which is a sign of fragile egomania. Why fragile? Because I could misinterpret the most minuscule of things, and you'll go on a tirade on how much of an autistic retard I am and how I'd "need to reed the fucking rules!!!1!"

How the hell do you think you're still the victim if this is the behavior you exhibit? We are not the reason you act like a dick, you choose to be it and we're reciprocating the proper behaviors to someone who CHOOSES to be a dick.

So if you wanna quote to follow, try this:

"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you" - Leviticus 19:18.

KTeknis

Post #18 by KTeknis » Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:51 am

CM, sometimes when people makes basic mistake such as mistaking Continuous Spell for a Field Spell, it usually means that said player are actually new at the game, in which case just tell them the mistake calmly and teach them. Don't go berate him, tell him stupid or even try to shaming him. It discourage him to continue playing, which mean loss of player, something that the Community seek to avoid.

We as veteran (or simply people who can play Yugioh) should treat to newbies kindly, not castrating them.
I have interest in badly designed custom cards.
You saw these cards as terrible, I saw them as ideas.

Renji Asuka

Post #19 by Renji Asuka » Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:59 am

CrystalMusic wrote:
DuskWill wrote:
CrystalMusic wrote:

Why would anyone do that? You straight up change the rules mid freaking game.
Showing people that I'm The King of Games since September 30, 1996.

Return to “Spam Paradise”