about my locals

Here you can discuss just about whatever you want
CrystalMusic
Mood:

about my locals

Post #1 by CrystalMusic » Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:16 pm

my local yugioh tournaments are different than 99% of them. You see, a local card shop, who pays konami to host tournaments, has what they call: the catering rule. what is the catering rule? simple: a rule that allows duelist to duel in classic or link format and to duel against players who have the same knowledge of the card database. for example: if one has a learning disability to where it takes them longer to learn something new, like say: Pendelums or links, then the shop allows them to duel against people who do not know how pends or links work. Not only does this let people with learning disabilites enjoy a duel, it also prevents confusion between duelists.

the shop realizes that yugioh is mearly a card game. and games are meant to be enjoyed. its not fun to duel against stuff you dont understand becasue of the confusion and what thatll do to the duel with back-and-fourth questions, constant explinations, etc.

This also helps the shop bring in more duelists of all kinds because of how they cater to most 'mental' or learning disabilites. it allows those who have these challenges to enjoy a good game, relax, have fun, and make new friends, everything a good duel is all about.

But you see thats the issue with most of the ppl i meet on here, ur to used to being competitive that you forgot what really matters: having fun.

now how did this all happen with this shop? it was quite simple: the shop owner recognized that not all people have the same prefferences, so they would regularly pair people who did have the same prefferences to duel eachother.

As for how it worked if 2 people with different prefferences had to duel against eachother? a simple: give and take rule was put into play. allow me to explain: say for example player 1 doenst understand links, but player 2 does. however player 2 didnt understand xyz's. both would get their wish: classic format with no xyzs allowed, this way both player 1 and player 2 could have a duel that both agreed on, and have fun at the same time.

so yeah my locals are very different but at least it allowed all sorts of players to enjoy a card game and make friends. and thats what matters when u play a game: having fun together and making new friends. after all its best when u can share a victory with your friends.

and dont forget, win or lose, if u had fun it shouldnt matter as long as you had fun.

as for the victor? the shop owner would present the victor of the tournament with: 60 free card sleeves of their choice of design, a free deck box of their choice, any 1 booster pack, and a 50% off next purchase coupon.

my local shop holds one of these tournaments every week.

so yeah my locals are different, but as i always say: its a good thing to be different.
“Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

Kalsan

Post #2 by Kalsan » Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:53 pm

It makes sense that the locals you play at are like that
Just an account :idea:

Return to “Spam Paradise”